13 May 2019

"Full Welsh breakfast coming up!"
Colin is cooking Aaron a full Welsh breakfast, but he does not want anything;  “You have to eat,” Colin tells him, 
"Mam-gu Mwnt used to say 'Bacon for brains'!"
“Do you know what Mam-gu Mwnt used to say?   ‘Bacon for brains’ and ‘Pop in a tin – not much within’!   I’m going to see your mother today – I’ve got her a box of Matchmakers and a Chocolate Orange.   
"Anything you want me to tell her?"
“Anything you want to tell her – any message you would like me to pass on?”   Aaron cannot think of anything.
"Don't tell him anything!"
Colin’s mobile phone sounds, and he discovers it is a call from Garry;  Aaron urges, “Don’t tell him anything!” 
"No, she's in bed with a bug"
so Colin lies that Britt is sick in bed with a bug.   He says that he will tell her to phone when she is feeling better.
"Right, I'd better get to school"
Aaron decides that he had better go to school, and Colin is left with his cooked breakfast.
"Where's the ketchup, Sara?"
At Bryntirion, Jason is looking for the ketchup, and Sara is engrossed with the laptop, trying to find a suitable house;  
"£550 a month, and the garden's nice"
“There’s a two-bed here, £550 a month – and the garden is nice,” 
He has found the ketchup
but he regards that as a bit expensive.   
Then she finds a three-bed;  “£465 a month, but the bathroom’s downstairs.   A bathroom downstairs is better than a bathroom with Dai in it!”   
Jason says this one looks promising
Jason thinks that it looks lovely, so she asks him to go and see Tomos ac Ellis to sort out a viewing;  
Sara leaves him to arrange a viewing
“Ill be free tomorrow afternoon or Friday.
"Imagine – a place of our own!"
As she leaves for work, she says, “Imagine – a place of our own, where we can do what we want. 
"Don't forget to wake Ifan up"
“Ifan’s asleep upstairs, and it’s time you woke him up!”
"These sausages are lovely, Ricky"
In the café, Kath remarks that the sausages are lovely, but Ricky takes no notice, as he is busy, looking at his phone;  “Why don’t you cook them like this at home?” she goes on, “Being on Facebook is more important than talking to your grandmother, is it?”
"Mam's always on Instagram!
He informs her that actually it is Instagram, and it is his mothers fault;  “She’s always on it, and she always puts up selfies – so embarrassing!”   
"Don't click on anything, mind!"
Kath wants to have a look, and he warns her not to click on anything.   While he goes to serve another customer, 
Kath immediately starts clicking . . .
she looks at the list of people who have ‘liked’ a photo of Debbie, 
. . . and comes across 'alun_lloydd123'
and discovers one, ‘alun_lloydd123’.
When Ricky sees what she is doing, he retrieves the phone, but suspicions are starting to grow in Kath’s mind.
The sound of the metal detector filters in
At number 10, Gerwyn is becoming exasperated by the sound of Guto’s metal detector in the back garden;  “Do you think he would notice if someone threw that machine in the dump – accidentally, of course?” Gerwyn growls to Jaclyn.   She replies that he deserves a break from his work, but Gerwyn moans on, 
"How many months until he goes to college?"
“How many months until he goes to college?”
"Guto, turn that thing off!"
Finally he goes outside to tell his son to turn it off, 
"I've found something down here!"
but something has been found behind the bushes;  
"It's like the Roman coin I found at Pwll Bach"
“This is like the Roman coin I found at Pwll Bach,” says Guto, “I got £100 for it on eBay – perhaps this is worth more!”   
"In that case, how does this work?"
Now Gerwyn wants to know how this machine works.
"Had any more 'hearts' on Instagram, then?"
At Maes-y-Deri, Kath asks Debbie if she has had any more ‘hearts’ on Instagram;  the reply is that she is texting Vicky.   
Bad move – leaving your phone behind
Then Debbie inadvisedly puts down her phone and goes to make a bacon sandwich;  she mentions the life drawing class which Izzy is organising;  “You’ve got to draw a naked model!”
Kath is poking around in the phone
Kath makes no comment, as she is investigating Debbie’s phone, and even appears to be dialling a number.   A parcel delivery arrives, 
"Don't tell Mark about this!"
and Debbie warns Kath not to tell Mark about it, as they are supposed to be saving money.
"Try under there"
In the garden of number 10, Gerwyn advises his son to look under the decking, to see if there is anything, and the detector indicates that it has found something.   
Ricky looks in puzzlement
Ricky happens to be passing the back gate and looks in;  Gerwyn tells him, “We’re about to be millionaires!” 
A model car is unearthed
then reaches under the decking and extricates a small, blue model car.
"This is an original!"
“I don’t believe it – this is an original!” Gerwyn exclaims, but Guto points out that he already has loads of cars.   “Not this one – it could be worth a few hundred – 
"You're not going anywhere, are you?"
“but this one is not going anywhere, are you?   No,” Gerwyn says, “You’re going to look perfect in my collection!”
He thinks Gerwyn is weird
Guto and Ricky exchange puzzled glances.
Colin visits Britt in hospital
At the psychiatric unit, Britt is sitting expressionlessly, and takes several seconds to realise that Colin is there, 
"Colin, take me home!"
but when she does, her first words are, “Colin, take me home!”
"It's a limited edition!"
Gerwyn is doing some online research into the model car, and finds that it is a limited edition;  Jaclyn wonders if it would pay for a cruise, 
"This is not going anywhere!"
but he is adamant that it is not going anywhere.   
"Shouldn't we tell Anita?"
She asks if they should tell Anita, as it was in her garden, but he is quite sure she will not want it;  “She won’t appreciate it, so we’re simply keeping quiet.   
"If she valued it, it wouldn't be buried in the garden"
“If she valued it, it wouldn’t be buried in the garden.”   Guto has not had any luck with his ‘Roman’ coin, describing it as ‘rubbish’, but is expecting to get half of what the car is worth;  his father has other ideas.
The doctor has explained to Colin
Colin has had a chat with a doctor, and tells Britt, “You heard what he said – you’re doing well.”   
"I don't like him – he doesn't know me!"
She regards the doctor as a ‘know-all’;  “I don’t like him – he doesn’t know me!”   
"You must give them a chance to do their work"
Colin insists that she has to give them a chance to do their work, and then perhaps she will soon be home.
"Aaron misses you terribly"
Then he produces the presents;  “The Chocolate Orange is from Aaron – he misses you terribly – can’t wait to get you home!”   
"I thought he wouldn't want to talk to me again!"
She was worried that he would not want to talk to her again, after the horrible things she said to him last week, when she was leaving.
"Everything is all right now, isn't it?"
She wails, “I didn’t mean it when I said this was his fault – I was just upset – but he knows that.   Everything is all right now, isn’t it?”   
Colin is lost for words
Colin does not know what to say.
Jason looks at house details
As Jason looks at house details in the window of Tomos ac Ellis, Guto walks past, having just discovered that he has won £200 on a scratchcard.   
"Look, I've won £200!"
He cannot help showing off to Jason, who remarks, “Are you old enough to buy a scratchcard?   I’m sure you’re supposed to be 18 before you can.   
Jason has now become an anti-gambling zealot . . .
“I could report you – because gambling is not a sensible thing to do, that’s why!”
. . . and has got Guto worried
Guto protests that it is only a bit of fun, but Jason stresses that it could ruin his life;  “Does that sound like fun to you?” and he walks away.   Guto is very worried about this.
"Pyjamas and a soft pillow"
Colin will bring Britt some clean clothes, pyjamas and a soft pillow;  he reassures her, “You’re not going to be here for ever.”   
"I want to go for a lie-down"
Britt decides that she will go to have a lie-down, as the doctor said she was tired.
Colin prepares to leave
As Colin gets up to leave, 
"I'd like to see Garry tomorrow"
she says, “I’d like to see Garry tomorrow, if he’s willing to come over.”   
This is awkward for Colin
This puts Colin in somewhat of a quandary, but he  will see what he can do.
"But I'm not a 36DD!  I'd need a boob job!"
Debbie is on the phone, complaining, “But I’m not a 36DD – I would need a boob job to fill this!   OK – but I need it by Friday – it’s important!”   
Kath is taking careful note of this
Kath has crept stealthily downstairs to listen in to this, so Debbie quickly hides the bra in the kitchen cupboard. 
She tells Kath that the phone call was someone trying to sell insurance;  
"Did you open your parcel?"
She is asked if you opened her parcel, and Debbie protests, “What is this – twenty questions?   
"They're jeans, but I'm returning them"
“If you must know, they’re jeans, but I’m returning them.”
"Telling lies is easy for you, isn't it?"
“Telling lies is easy for you, isn’t it?” comments Kath, “I know, Debbie – I know about your dirty affair!   Do you think I’m stupid, or what?   All these phone calls!”
"Who's the lucky man, then?"
Debbie laughs, “Who’s the lucky man, then?”   Kath points out that she heard her say that she loved him and missed him, then retrieves the bra from the cupboard.
"Why hide this – and pretend it was jeans?"
“Why hide this – and pretend it was jeans?” she demands, 
"And tell my partner's mother about my sexy bra?"
and Debbie points out that she did not want to reveal to her partner’s mother that she had bought a sexy bra.   Kath maintains that there is something going on, but at the moment is not sure what it is.   Debbie does not care what she thinks.
"There were only 10,000 made"
In the café, Gerwyn tells Jaclyn, “I’ve seen this car in the magazines, but I never thought I’d get one!   There were only 10,000 made,” so she concludes that they are not that rare.
First Guto's good news . . .
Guto comes in with good news and bad news;  “I’ve won £200 – 
. . . followed by the bad news
“the bad news is Jason’s going to report me for buying a scratchcard underage!”   His mother points out that he can buy one when he is 16, and they wonder what it has to do with Jason.   “He was really angry – 
"Do you think I'll get my money?"
“do you think I’ll get my money?” worries Guto.  
Gerwyn assures him that he is doing nothing wrong, then, as Sara comes in, 
"Sara, can you have a word with Jason?"
he asks her if she can have a word with Jason, as he has said he will report Guto for buying a scratchcard, but he is 17.   
"OK, I'll talk to him"
Sara agrees to speak to him.
"And having to live with my mother-in-law!"
Gerwyn leaves, and Jaclyn goes to talk to Sara, who complains that she has just had an order cancelled by a customer, and is having to live with her mother-in-law.   
"Yes, I know the feeling!"
Jaclyn can sympathise with this situation, and says, “I’m available if you ever want a rant.   I’m sure we have a lot in common.”
"Cheese sandwich, please, Gwen . . ."
Colin comes in, apparently in a confused state;  he asks Gwen for a cheese sandwich, 
". . . no, make that a cheese and ham toastie . . ."
then changes his mind to a cheese and ham toastie, and finally cancels the order and leaves the café;   
". . . I can get free chips across the road!"
“I fancy a bag of chips – and I’ll get that for free across the road!” he says.
"You remind me of that detective"
Debbie is watching the television when Kath comes in;  “I just watched Murder She Wrote – you remind me of the detective!”   Kath remarks that Debbie thinks she is so clever.   
"I just know I haven't done anything wrong!"
“No – I just know I haven’t done anything wrong,” is the reply, and when asked who she was talking to on the phone, maintains that she cannot remember.
"If you're so sure, tell him now!"
As the front door opens, Debbie challenges Kath, “If youre so sure that I’m having an affair, why not tell him now?”   
"You're not arguing again?"
Then they find that it is Ricky, who wonders what is going on.   “Ask your Gran,” Debbie snarls, 
"I can't even buy a new bra!"
“I can’t even buy a new bra without being accused of something!”   
"Too much info, Mam!"
Ricky regards this as too much info, and, when he has gone for a shower, Kath assures Debbie, “I’ll be watching you!   
"As soon as I've got enough evidence . . ."
“As soon as I’ve got enough evidence, I’ll be telling Mark.”   Debbie simply smiles.
"I didn't sleep much with Dai's snoring!"
Sara returns to Bryntirion, saying that she does not feel well and is going for a lie-down;  “I didn’t sleep much last night, thanks to Dai’s snoring!   Did you organise those viewings?”   
"Sorry, Sara, I forgot!"
Jason realises that he forgot, but she says it does not matter, 
"There's no need to rush these things"
and there is no need to rush these things.
"I am trying my best, Sara"
“I’m sorry, Sara – I am trying my best,” he explains, 
"I know, Jason"
as she goes upstairs.
"We had a chat with the doctor"
Aaron arrives home from school;  “Don’t you want to know how your mother was?” asks Colin, “She was good – we had a chat with the doctor, 
"They're happy with how she's responding"
“and they’re happy with how she’s responding.   She was very grateful for the chocolate – 
"She doesn't blame you at all"
“and she wants you to know you’re not to blame at all.”
"But she wants to see Garry tomorrow"
They sit down on the sofa and Colin continues, “She wants to see Garry tomorrow – now I know you don’t want him to find out about this – that you want to keep it between the three of us, – but we can’t do that for ever.”
"Will Garry be angry we haven't told him?"
Aaron appreciates this, and wonders if Garry will be angry that they have not told him.   
"I'm sure he'll understand"
“No, I’m sure that Garry will understand,” Colin replies, and Aaron agrees that Garry must be told, if that is what his mother wants.   
Temporary peace of mind for Aaron
He rests his head on Colin’s shoulder.