15 May 2019

Siôn objects to this naked man . . .
Over the breakfast table, Siôn tells Anita, “I’m not saying I’m against the idea – I enjoy all kinds of art and culture – but I don’t see how drawing a naked person will attract more people to speak Welsh!”   
. . . but Anita's mind is on other things
She is not taking any notice, but toying with the model car, 
Iolo arrives to deal with the kitchen tap
when Iolo arrives to deal with a problem they have with the kitchen tap.
Siôn thanks him for coming so quickly, and he replies that his van is in the garage, so Tyler gave him a lift.   Iolo sees the model car, and asks if it is for him;  
"I'm going to make a phone call to Canada"
Anita replies that she is going upstairs to make a phone call to Canada.   
"Gerwyn found the car in the garden of number 10"
Siôn explains, “Gerwyn found it in the garden of number 10, and she has been upset since.”   He asks if Iolo would like some carrot cake, which Anita made yesterday, 
"There's no nutmeg in it!"
and assures him that there is no nutmeg in it.
Ffion brings tablets for Hywel 
Ffion arrives at Hywel’s house, bringing his next prescrption;  Rhys is stripped to the waist, and she takes the opportunity to kiss him, 
"I've missed you, Rhys"
and says that she has missed him.   He reminds her that his father is upstairs, and that he meant what he said last week;  
"I've moved on, Ffion"
“I can’t carry on like this – I’m serious – I’ve moved on.   I met someone on Friday night – nothing serious, 
"Being 'on the pull' is fun!"
“but she reminded me that being ‘on the pull’ is fun!”
"Sorry if I'm not enough fun!"
“Sorry if I’m not enough fun!” Ffion sternly answers, and then they hear Hywel making his slow progress downstairs.   
Ffion delivers the medication to the patient
“You must remember to take these on a full stomach,” she informs him and then has to leave for school.
"I've decided to go private"
“Look at him!” Hywel exclaims, “Remember when I looked like that when we were married?   I’ve decided to go private as well – then I’ll soon be back in the gym with McNabbs here!   Thanks for the help you’ve given me – I really appreciate it.”
"How about taking me out for a meal some time?"
Ffion suggests, for the benefit of Rhys, “How about taking me out for a meal some time, to thank me properly?”   Then she bids farewell to Rhys, adding, “Perhaps you could wear more clothes next time I see you!”
"You can't come?"
In the café, Izzy receives some unwelcome news by phone;  “You can’t come?   Of course I’m disappointed!”   
"Everything ready for tonight?"
Then Mathew comes in and asks if everything is ready for tonight – pencils sharpened and all that.   
"The model has just cancelled!"
“The model has just cancelled – he has tonsillitis!” she moans, “I really wanted to prove everyone wrong.”
Mathew thinks it is a great idea;  “Better than a quiz or a raffle – I’ll help you any way I can!”   
She appears to have thought of an answer
Then his face falls – he can see by her expression what she has in mind;  
"No, Izzy, – no way!"
“No, Izzy – no way!”   However, when she mentions a fee of £100, his opposition softens somewhat;  she points out that he only has to stand there.
He manages to demand £120, but someone is listening
He has not seen Sioned come into the café as he agrees, “I want £120, five pints – and at least two before I do it!   And not a word to anyone – I don’t want the boys turning up!”
"You're the model?"
Sioned has of course heard this;  “You’re the model?” she exclaims, and Mathew realises that she will tell everyone.   Izzy is sure that she has seen it all before, but Sioned turns up her nose at the prospect;  
"It will be good fun – if enough turn up"
Izzy predicts that it will be good fun – if enough people turn up.
"I'm sure Tesni will be there to support you!"
“I’m sure that Tesni will be there to support you!” says Sioned, 
"Oh, yes – Tesni"
and Mathew does not relish the thought of telling her.
"How did your presentation go?"
In the Deri, Tesni reports to her grandmother that her presentation at school went well, and she is confident of a decent mark.   
"Hiya, Mathew!"
Mathew comes in, wanting a private word with her;  
"I don't think you'll be happy"
“I’ve promised to do something, and I don’t think you’ll be happy,” he begins, “I’ve agreed to model at the Life Drawing tonight – which means I’ll be naked!”
"You're not serious?"
Tesni cannot believe that he is serious, 
"It's just a favour for Izzy"
but he assures her that it is a favour for Izzy, nothing more.   She immediately announces this to Brenda;  
"He's going to model starkers at an art lesson!"
“He’s going to model starkers in an art lesson tonight!”   Brenda seems to have suddenly developed an interest in art, and Tesni comments with distaste, 
"All those old women perving!"
“There will be so many old women perving – what’s one more?”
Brenda is excited and tells him that he cannot let everyone down, 
"Please don't 'take the mick'!"
but he pleads with them not to ‘take the mick’.
Iolo is told he has dodgy brake pads
Gerwyn gives Iolo the news that his van passed the MOT with no problem, but the brake pads won’t last long.   
"This is a lovely bit of cake"
He is enjoying the piece of carrot cake which Anita made, which Iolo stresses has no nutmeg in it.
"What's this car you've given Anita?"
“What’s this car you’ve given Anita?” Iolo asks, “A little blue one – she’s been acting oddly.”   
"What's she doing with it?"
Gerwyn is furious that Anita has it, 
He makes a phone call
and immediately makes a phone call.
"Iolo says Anita's got that car!"
Guto is having his lunch when his father arrives home;  “Your mother’s not answering her phone,” Gerwyn grumbles, “Iolo says that Anita’s got the car!   
"Your mother must have given it to her"
“Your mother must have given it to her – I just don’t know why!”
After initial prevarication, it is revealed that Guto actually gave the car to Anita, as it was her grandson’s;  
Guto explains what happened
“She heard about the car, so came over to see it.   She was so upset when she saw it, I didn’t know what to do.   I’ve looked everywhere for another one, 
"I think I've found a replacement"
“and I think I’ve found one – I wanted to check it was the right one.”
“But it’s £150!” gasps Gerwyn, but is told that Guto won some money on the scratchcard.   
"If it makes Anita happy, she should have it"
“I don’t want it,” his father concludes, “If it makes Anita happy, she should have it.”
"If it's that easy, you do it!"
Izzy reassures Mathew that he only has to stand there;  “If it’s that easy, you do it!” he snarls in reply.   
DJ and Sioned arrive
Quite a crowd are assembling, including DJ and Sioned, who all hand over their £5 to Izzy.   
"Please don't say you told anyone else!"
“Please don’t say you told anyone else!” he groans.
Even Siôn White attends . . .
Then Siôn comes in, alleging that he has a huge interest in art;  he sarcastically adds, “And I want to know how drawing a naked man promotes Welsh.”   
. . . followed by Rhys and Eifion 
The next to arrive are Rhys and Eifion – and even Eileen!
Rhys cannot keep away from Ffion . . .
Rhys ensures that he sits next to Ffion, 
. . . but she is trying to play 'hard to get' 
but she tries to be distant with him.   Izzy tells Mathew that he will be fantastic, 
Izzy welcomes everyone, bilingually
and welcomes everyone, in both Welsh and English, for the benefit of some Welsh learners who are present.   
Mathew reveals all, causing some amusement
Izzy invites him to disrobe, and he reluctantly does so, to the amusement and cheers of the audience.   
There are some coarse remarks
There are several ribald comments from Rhys and DJ, amongst others.
Gerwyn has got out his car collection
At number 10, Gerwyn has gathered together all his model cars, and Guto is scrutinising them;  
"You dropped that one down the toilet"
Gerwyn points out one of them which was dropped down the toilet when his son was six.   
"Dad knows about the car"
They are disturbed by the arrival of Anita, and she is informed that Gerwyn already knows about the car;  
"They used to play with them for hours"
she says, “The thing is, Meic bought it for Wil, my grandson – they used to play with these little cars for hours – and they would get in my way.”
"But I need to look forward now"
She apologises for her emotional outburst, then goes on, ‘This car took me back to that time, but I need to look forward now – so here you are.”   
Gerwyn is given back the car . . .
She hands the car to Gerwyn, informing him that Wil did not even remember the car;  “I think you’ll do a better job of looking after it than me!”
. . . and they settle down to examine it
They settle down to examine the car.
The artists are busy sketching
Mathew is looking increasingly embarrassed by the whole affair, as the artists work on their drawings;  
Eifion looks at Izzy 
Eifion looks up at Izzy and smiles.   
"I'm not too late, am I?"
Suddenly, Brenda appears in the doorway;  “I’m not too late, am I?”   Rhys tells her not to worry, as it does not take long, which occasions more laughter.
Eileen has surprised herself
Eileen did not realise she was so good at drawing, 
"Well, mine is better than yours!"
and Siôn maintains that his drawing is better than DJ’s.   Rhys asks, “Can I move to the front?   
"I can't see some 'bits'!"
“I can’t see some ‘bits’!   I know it’s a bit cold.”
"I'm sure I've heard Ffion saying that to you!"
Angrily, Mathew responds, “I’m sure I’ve heard Ffion saying that to you, too!” and then thinks better of it, but has serves to get people thinking.
"Keep me out of your pathetic jokes!
“Perhaps you can keep me out of your pathetic ‘jokes’ next time,” Ffion complains.   
"I hope you all enjoyed yourselves"
At this point, Izzy winds up the session, hoping that they all enjoyed themselves, and invites them to go to Yr Antur’s website for details of other events.   
Mathew covers up as quickly as possble
Mathew is busily putting on his clothes once more, 
"I'm depressed after looking at those muscles!"
and DJ is depressed after looking at those muscles all night, so decides to go for a pint.
"Shall I get a gin for you?"
Eifion says that he will order a gin at the Deri for Izzy, when she has finished clearing up.   
"I'll see you in the Deri"
Rhys will meet Ffion over there, but first wants to see Mathew.   
Siôn has changed his opinion of Izzy . . .
Siôn tells Izzy that this evening has proved him wrong, and says that they made a good decision to appoint her.
. . . and she would like them to work together
She hopes to organise a variety of events, and would like Siôn to help her with them.   
"I'm not the one sleeping with my father's ex-wife!"
Rhys is of the opinion that Mathew went too far, but is told, “I’m not the one sleeping with my father’s ex-wife!” and walks out.
"Yes, it was a successful evening"
At home, Siôn tells Anita that the evening was a success, and he notices that she is in a much better humour now.   
"How is your little friend – the car?"
“How is your little friend – the car?” he asks, and she replies that she gave it back to Gerwyn, as it was no use to her.
"I thought it meant a lot – but perhaps not"
“I thought it meant a lot to me – but perhaps not,” she says, and he goes to make a cup of tea.   
"I gave it to Iolo, as there was no nutmeg in it"
She fancies a slice of carrot cake, but he admits that he gave it to Iolo.
“You said you didn’t like it, as there was no nutmeg in it,” he protests, 
"I'll make do with a biscuit, then"
so she will settle for a biscuit.
"I think you enjoyed it a bit too much!"
In the Deri, Eileen tells Jim that she enjoyed it;  “A bit too much, I’d say,” he remarks, looking at her drawing, but she is not keen on all those muscles.   
"I'll strip for you any time you want!"
She would prefer to paint a real man next time, and he reminds her, “You’ve got your own personal model – I’ll strip for you any time you want!”
"I'm no artist, Hywel"
Ffion is chatting with Hywel at the bar, but she confesses that she is no artist;  
"What was that joke about you and Rhys?"
DJ asks, “What was that joke about you and Rhys?” 
"He was just being childish"
and Ffion dismisses it as Mathew simply being childish.   Hywel wonders why they dragged her into it.
Eifion presents Izzy with her gin . . .
Eifion has a G&T waiting for Izzy, and he reveals that he was drawing a picture of her, not Mathew.   
. . . and with a portrait
“It won’t sell for thousands,” he comments, but she appreciates it.
"What was that joke all about?"
When Hywel gets the chance, he asks Mathew about the joke involving Rhys and Ffion.   Mathew insists he said the first thing that came into his head;  
"You're not thinking straight when you're naked!"
“You’re not thinking straight when you’re naked in front of friends!”
Hywel wants to know what exactly he said, 
"I'm never doing that again!"
but Mathew is saved, just in time, by Tesni, who asks how it went.   “It was cringe – and I’m never doing it again!” he declares.
"I shouldn't have invited you for a drink"
Ffion is waiting at the foot of the pub stairs for Rhys to arrive, but he tells her, “I shouldn’t have invited you for a drink.   It’s Dad – you heard Mathew’s joke earlier – 
"I'd lose Dad for ever!"
“it would break his heart – I’d lose him for ever!   And for what?”
"You'd better go back to your father, then"
She despondently instructs him, “You’d better go back to your father, then!”   
Forlorn Ffion 
He does so, leaving Ffion looking forlorn.