9 May 2019

We only catch a brief glimpse of the departing guests
Siôn and Anita are seeing off their latest visitors, 
"Come back soon!"
and Siôn says, “See you soon!”   However, Anita, in her usual abrasive mood, is glad to see the back of them, 
"They weren't snoring, either!"
protesting that they kept her up most of the night – and they were not snoring either.   
"No-one forced us to start this B&B business"
He reminds her that no-one forced them to start this bed and breakfast business, but she says that it is a lot more work than she thought.
"Is this because of Iolo and Tyler?
She has the impression that he is having go at her because of Iolo and Tyler, but he wisely keeps quiet.
Colin comes round the corner . . .
Colin comes round the corner from the chippy flat 
. . . meeting Gaynor and Izzy . . .
and meets Gaynor and Izzy, who are very pleased to see him;  he was just on his way to see them, 
. . . who welcome him
and each of them give him a hug.   “Is everything all right,” Gaynor asks, and he says that he wanted a word with her about Aaron.   Izzy has some leaflets to distribute, so leaves them to talk.
"How has Aaron been these last few weeks?"
“How has Aaron been these last few weeks while I was away?” Colin enquires, and is told that he has seemed fine;  “I don’t think he’s been coping,” Colin goes on, “He’s been looking after Britt – cooking, washing, helping in the chip shop.   A boy his age shouldn’t have to cope with such responsibilities.”
"It's only natural he wants to help"
She says that it is only natural for Aaron to want to help in Colin’s absence, 
"He could have electrocuted both of them!"
but he points out, “There’s a drawer full of bills that haven’t been paid – he’s been fixing electrical wires with Sellotape – he could have electrocuted both of them!   He hasn’t been sleeping at night because he’s so worried!”
"I had no idea, Colin"
Gaynor had no idea of this, and replies that his grades and attendance have been excellent.   “This isn’t a matter of ticking boxes,” he insists, 
"Why didn't you notice the signs?"
“Why didn’t you notice the signs?”   She tells him that there were no signs, and every time she asked how things were at home, he said that everything was fine.
"Come to Llwyncelyn for dinner tonight"
Gaynor feels guilty and invites them over to Llwyncelyn for dinner tonight;  
"Britt's in no fit state to answer the door to the postman!"
“Thanks for the offer, but I don’t think Britt’s in any state to answer the door to the postman, never mind going out for dinner!” Colin sighs.
Hywel has staggered to the Deri once more
Hywel, with his stick, hobbles up to the bar in the Deri, where Garry gives him something to ease the pain;  
"Just what I need to drown my sorrows"
“It’s just what I need to drown my sorrows,” Hywel groans, “I found out today that I need surgery – that knee is complicated.   
"I might be walking with a Zimmer, like a geriatric!"
“After the op, I might be walking with a Zimmer, like a geriatric – and everyone will know then that Hywel Llywelyn is past his prime.”
Hywel is really downhearted . . .
He goes on to recount his rejection by Ffion;  
. . . but is exhorted to stop feeling sorry for himself
“Well, move on, then – stop feeling sorry for yourself!” Garry tells him.
"Has Britt deteriorated recently?"
Gaynor comes in, wanting to speak to Garry;  “Has Britt deteriorated recently?   Colin has turned down an invitation to dinner – I think he and Aaron would like to come, but they’re worried about Britt.   I feel awful for not making more of an effort with them.”   Izzy points out that she should not blame herself.
Garry will go over to see Britt 
Garry will go over and spend some time with Britt;  “While Colin and Aaron come over to you,” he proposes, calling to Dan to take over behind the bar.
Things are getting worse at the chip shop flat
Colin is sitting on the sofa, increasingly concerned, 
They hear Britt coming
and Aaron is looking at his phone;  Britt comes rushing in, moaning, “I had a lie down on the bed and I must have fallen asleep!   
"I'll start making dinner now"
“I’ll start making dinner now.”   Aaron assures her that he will cook tonight.
"I'm cooking Spag Bol, Britt!"
Garry is coming up the stairs and advises, “You don’t have to – I’m cooking Spag Bol.   I’ve come over here to keep you company while these two go out.   Gaynor has invited them for dinner.”
"I don't want to go out, Col!"
Britt is quite adamant that she does not want to go out, and Garry explains that he is here to keep her company;  “There’s no point in you all refusing – I accepted on your behalf.”
"I don't want you to babysit me, Garry!"
Britt begins to giggle childishly;  “I don’t want you to babysit me, Garry!” she says, and Aaron would prefer to stay there, 
"I want to spend some time with you"
but Garry is anxious to spend some time on his own with Britt, 
Aaron and Colin leave for Llwyncelyn 
so they reluctantly agree.
"It's going to take a lot more than Spag Bol to make things right!"
“If you’ve come here to ease your conscience, you can leave now,” Britt snarls, but he replies that he has come to cook her dinner.   “It’s going to take a lot more than spag bol to make things right!” she growls.
Brenda has collected her takeaway . . .
In the café, Brenda has collected a takeaway meal from Gwen, and tells Anita she will see her later in the Gin Club, 
. . . and is obviously back to her stirring again
then remarks to Siôn, “I’ve read some nice things about you on the Internet – that ‘Airbnb’ thing – someone said you were a most informative host.”
"Super stressed, pushy and controlling!"
Anita gets out her phone to look, but is not impressed by what she sees;  “It says here that I’m ‘super stressed, pushy and controlling, and the hostess was mean with the towels – and behind the toilet’!”   Brenda comments that some people are so quick to criticise, and makes a hasty exit.
"Siôn, tell me that's not true"
Anita goes on, “Bossy, moody, demanding – please Siôn, tell me that’s not true, is it?”   He again thinks it wise to keep quiet, and she continues, “No, it’s my fault – I’ve upset Iolo and Tyler and pushed little Greta away – I’ve made a mess of everything, haven’t I?   I’m sorry, Siôn.”   
"We could lose contact with Greta for ever!"
He diplomatically replies that they both need to apologise, and is worried that if this row with Iolo and Tyler continues, they could lose contact with Greta for ever.
Britt does not appear very interested
Garry and Britt sit, watching the television, and she appears to be bored;  he suggests changing channel, 
"Colin's on his way home – you can go now!"
but she suddenly picks up her phone and says, “Oh, look – a text from Colin – they’re on their way back!   You can go now, if you want,” but he replies that he is in no hurry.
"I had no idea how much you've been through"
“Listen, I had no idea how much you and Aaron have been through these last few weeks – I want to help, Britt,” Garry tells her, 
"Shut up –I'm trying to watch this!"
but she simply shouts at him to shut up as she is trying to watch the television.
"I'm sorry I neglected you and your son"
He turns it off and exclaims, “You’re my sister, and I love you.   I’m sorry that I neglected you and your son – I just want to do the right thing.”   She informs him that, in that case, he should just leave her alone.
"Go back to your perfect life and forget about us!"
“Go back home to your perfect life – leave all the mess behind, and forget about us.   I mean it – get out – now!” she rages.   He complies with her wishes and leaves the flat;  
She giggles insanely at the 'Chester' tattoo
she turns the television back on, then looks at the ‘Chester’ tattoo on her arm and giggles loudly as he is going.
Gaynor is glad to pamper Colin
At the end of the meal, Gaynor says that she is pleased to be able to pamper Colin;  “I don’t know what kind of people were in that prison with you.”
He informs her that one bloke, who was in for GBH, only had one eye;  
Colin tells them about 'Cyclops'
“They called him Cyclops – and when the screws weren’t around, he would take out his glass eye and we had a game of bowls with it, up and down the corridor!”
Aaron checks his phone . . .
Aaron looks at his phone, which is showing the time as 21:00, 
. . . and thinks it is time to go
and suggests that it is time they went home.   
"Thanks for a lovely meal, Gaynor"
Colin thanks them for the lovely meal, and Gaynor hopes that Britt can come with them next time.   
"They left quite suddenly"
After they have gone, Gaynor comments that they left quite suddenly, but Izzy maintains they must have been worried about Britt;  
"It's as if he has got old overnight!"
“Aaron was so serious when he arrived – it’s as if he has got old overnight, poor thing.”
Britt prepares vegetables on an immense scale
When they arrive home, Colin and Aaron find that Britt is preparing huge quantities of vegetables;  
"Where's Garry?"
they wonder what is going on, and where Garry is.   
“Oh, he went home,” she replies, and Colin insists that she does not have to prepare food for them.   
"It's for Chester – he hasnt been eating properly!"
“It’s not for you, it’s for Chester!” she tells them, “He hasn’t been eating properly!”
"He's on his way home – I can feel it!"
Colin points out that Chester is in Portugal, but she knows better;  “You don’t know – but I do – he’s on his way home, Col – I can feel it.   
"Why are you looking at each other like that?"
“Why are you two looking at each other like that?   Come on, hurry up, will you?   He’ll be home at any minute, I want everything to be perfect.”
She has now cut her finger
She is waving a large knife around, and accidentally cuts her finger;  Colin assures her that they will put a plaster on it, and then she can go to bed.   
"I don't need a plaster!"
She laughs, manically;  “I don’t need a plaster – and I’m not going to bed – I’m not tired!   It’s only a cut, and I can’t feel anything anyway!”   She wipes some blood across her face.
"Britt, please put that knife down!"
Colin asks her to put down the knife, but she demands, “What right do you have to tell me what to do?   Come on, I’ve got work to do – important work, too!   
"You don't have a clue!"
“You think you know what’s going on, but you don’t have a clue!” all the time brandishing the knife.
"I've got no choice"
Colin and Aaron retire to the living room, where Colin gets out his phone and makes a call;  “I’ve got no choice,” he tells Aaron, 
"This is for all our sakes"
“Trust me – this is for all our sakes, 
Meanwhile she samples some of the veg
as Britt eats some of the raw vegetables.
"They said 'bossy and demanding'. . ."
At the Gin Club, Anita is still furious;  “Someone said I was bossy and demanding, and that I did not put out enough clean towels!   
". . . and something about 'behind the toilet'!"
“And they said something about behind the toilet!”   
Brenda appears pleased with what she started
Cassie remarks that some people have nothing better to do than complain, and Anita admits that when she looks after Greta, she does complain, she is exhausted.
"I adore the little one!"
She drones on, “But I don’t mind doing it, because I adore the little one.   Do you know what?   I don’t know what’s worse – changing nappies or changing beds!”
"Look – Hopalong Cassidy!"
Then Brenda announces, “Look – Hopalong Cassidy!” as Hywel approaches, “Who would have thought it?   Welcome to the club!   
"We'll put a shot of Glucosamine in your gin!"
“We’ll put a shot of Glucosamine in your gin, if you want!”
"You're in there, I'd say!"
Garry tells Hywel, “You’re in there, I’d say!”
Now she is brandishing three knives
Britt now picks up three of the vicious knives in one hand, and, waving them around, invites Col, “If you want to help, you can set the table – and make sure that Chester’s in his favourite spot.”
Aaron comes upstairs, followed by three strangers;  “Thank you for coming so quickly,” he says, and Britt demands who these people are.
"You're Britt Monk, are you?"
One of them speaks, “You’re Britt Monk, are you?   
Cerys introduces the others
“I’m Cerys, and this is my colleague, John, and Dr Parri.”   
"Is Chester all right?"
At the mention of a doctor, Britt is concerned that Chester is not all right.
“Come and sit down, Britt,” Cerys suggests, comfortingly, “Let’s have a chat.”   Britt is convinced that something is wrong with Chester, but is reassured that Chester is fine, which comes as a great relief.
Aaron and Colin look at each other
As Colin nods to Aaron, Britt rambles on, “Look, I’ve been preparing stuff for him!”
"Britt's as stubborn as ever"
In the Deri, Hywel is very depressed and asks Garry  how things went with Britt;  “Not great,” is the reply, “She’s as stubborn as ever – it’s hard to help someone if they won’t acknowledge they need help.   
"Now's your chance, Hywel – but don't mention your leg"
“Hey, now’s your chance!” he adds, as he sees Cassie approaching, “But don’t go on about your leg!”
"Raisins soaked in gin for arthritis"
She advises Hywel, “Auntie Bessie soaked raisins in gin – she was adamant that it helped her arthritis.”   
Hywel comments that it is better than waiting for 5 months to have treatment on the NHS.   
"I can't live with this pain!"
He moans about how expensive it is to go private;  “I can’t live with this pain for half a year, never mind the months after the operation,” but she does not seem to be taking a great deal of notice of him, 
"What did I tell you?"
and Garry shakes his head.
"Britt needs treatment in hospital"
Cerys takes Colin and Aaron aside, and informs them, “My assessment confirms that Britt is seriously ill, and she needs further treatment in hospital.   It’s obvious that her behaviour is endangering her safety and yours.   You’ve done the right thing in contacting us.”
"What will happen now?"
Colin wonders what will happen now, and is told, “A bed has just become available at the hospital, so we’ll take her straight there.   Are you happy to be responsible for Aaron while Miss Monk is away?”   
Aaron asks when she will be able to come home;  
"That depends on how she responds"
“That depends on how she responds to the treatment she receives,” is the answer, 
"She'll get the best possible treatment there"
and Colin stresses that she will get the best possible treatment there.   Then they go back to the kitchen, where Cerys asks Britt if she is ready to go.
"These nice people will take you to the hospital"
“Britt, these nice people are going to take you to the hospital, so you can get better.”   
"There's nothing wrong with me!"
She looks very puzzled, arguing that she does not need to go to hospital, and that there is nothing wrong with her.
"You're ill, and I want you to get better!"
“Yes there is, Mam,” says Aaron, “You’re ill and I want you to get better!”   She replies that everything is all right, as it is only a small cut, and, in any case, Chester will be home soon.   “That’s not going to happen!” snaps Aaron, “Chester’s not coming home.”
"You'll have to go and see him"
Britt is troubled by this, so Aaron continues, “You’ll have to go to see him, won’t you?” as he helps her on with her coat.
"This is a surprise, isn't it?"
She is giggling again as she says, “I see what this is – it’s a surprise, isn’t it?   I can go and see Chester?   You should have told me that in the first place,” and she gives him a hug.   
She leaves the flat quite willingly
Then she leaves the flat quite happily.
"We're doing the right thing, Aaron"
“As Cerys said, we’re doing the right thing,” Colin assures Aaron.
"Hold on – this isn't a taxi!"
Outside, Britt is telling the visitors, “I’m looking forward to seeing him – I haven’t seen him for ages.”   Then she stops abruptly;  “Hold on – this isn’t a taxi, is it?   Where is he?   Where is Chester?”
"I can't go – Chester's on his way home!"
Colin replies that he is waiting for her, and Britt is more confused;  “I can’t go, because he’s on his way home – I won’t be here to welcome him.”
She is forcibly loaded into the car . . .
The three professionals have to manhandle her into the car, as she shouts for Colin to go and fetch Garry.   
. . . much to Aaaron's horror
He reassures her that everything will be OK, but she shouts, “Colin, don’t let them take me away!   
"This is your fault, Aaron – traitor!"
“This is your fault, Aaron – traitor!”
The door is shut, and with her banging on the window, it drives away;  
Izzy happens to witness this
Aaron runs after it, shouting, “Mam!   Mam!   
"Mam – I'm sorry!"
“I’m sorry!”