3 May 2019

"Do you think that's wise, Dad?"
Hywel tells Rhys he was thinking of going for a jog later;  “Do you fancy coming, around 4 o’clock?”   His son thinks that is an unwise decision, with the condition of his knee, 
"A jog, I said, not a marathon!"
but Hywel protests, “A jog, I said, not a marathon!”
"You know what the hospital said"
“You know what the hospital said,” Rhys reminds him, but Hywel does not consider himself geriatric yet.   “Sorry for asking, but this isn’t about Ffion, is it?” Rhys suggests, “You’ve got nothing to prove,” but his father tells him not to be silly, 
"It's your choice"
and it is a simple choice whether he comes or not.
A few days away have done nothing for Gerwyn's demeanour
Gerwyn is at the breakfast table in no better mood than before, and simply grunts at Jaclyn;  “I thought a couple of days away would have done you good,” she comments, but he grumbles about spending three days at car auctions in Walsall, Wolverhampton and Birmingham – with Garry Monk.
Mathew has brought flowers for Tesni 
Jaclyn is about to leave for work when Mathew arrives, with some flowers for Tesni, but is informed that she is at school today.   “Can you give her these for me?” he asks, and she passes them on to Gerwyn, 
"What's happened, then?"
who wants to know what has happened.
Jaclyn says that Tesni was upset when she came home last night, and Gerwyn demands what Mathew has been doing;  
"I have to go"
she has to go to work, and leaves them to talk.   “What have you done to upset her?   You must have done something!” Gerwyn growls.   
"She wanted to end things with me"
Mathew replies that she wanted to end things with him, but she also wanted to say something else, and he did not give her a chance to explain.
"Tesni's ill – she's got colitis"
“Right, I’ll explain instead,” Gerwyn tells him, “Tesni’s ill – she’s got colitis – and if you are going to carry on upsetting her, it will get worse.   
"Not quite so keen now, are you?"
“Not quite so keen now, are you?   
"Take your flowers and leave Tesni alone!"
“So, take your flowers and leave Tesni alone!”
Hywel tells his problems to Garry
Hywel tells his problems to Garry in the café, and the response is, “It’s a good thing that Ffion has told you where she stands, before things go further.   
"It's never a good idea to go back"
“You know what people say – it’s never a good idea to go back.   You need to look forward now – that’s how you stay young.”
"I'm not ready for my pension yet!"
Hywel insists that he is not ready for his pension quite yet, and reminds Garry that it was his idea to chase Ffion in the first place.   “You know what?   Perhaps I have lost my mojo – I don’t know.”   
"Chasing girls is a game for young blokes"
Garry advises him that chasing girls is a game for young blokes, like Rhys.   
"You know how to make someone feel better!"
“You know how to make someone feel better, I must say!” groans Hywel.
Kelly appears to be studying baby names
Garry goes to ask Kelly for two more coffees, then Sara comes in to collect the birthday cake for Ifan;  
Ifan's birthday cake is handed over
“He’s two already – where does the time go?” Kelly wonders, and she is reminded that it is an exciting time for her, too.   
"I think Ed is going to explode with excitement!"
“I think that Ed is going to explode with excitement before the baby arrives,” Kelly predicts, and is told to enjoy it while it lasts.
"I'm stressed about Ifan's party"
“I’m just a bit stressed about Ifan’s party – and we’re all living on top of each other at Bryntirion – but enough of my problems,” says Sara.   
"You know where I am"
Kelly tells her, “If you ever need to escape, you know where I am.”   Then she attends to the coffees for Garry and Hywel.
Mathew does some research
At APD, Mathew is looking up Ulcerative Colitis on his phone, 
"I was delayed in Llanarthur"
when Jason comes in, apologising for being late, as he was delayed in Llanarthur, measuring a kitchen.   “Dai’s had to go to Llanelli – an emergency building regs meeting.”   
"It's pretty quiet in here today"
Mathew reports that everything is quiet there, and Jason has to leave, for Ifan’s party;  he is sure that Mathew will be all right on his own.
"Can you take this for Dai to sign?"
“Do me a quick favour before you go,” Mathew asks him, “Dai’s given me this contract.   Can you take it with you, so he can check it and sign it?”   
Jason signs the contract
Jason considers that, as a partner of the company, he is perfectly entitled to sign it, and does so without studying it, then rushes off to the party.   
"Thank you, Jason"
Mathew looks quite pleased with this turn of events, then returns to reading the information on his phone.
The party food is ready
At Bryntirion, the table is spread with food, and several other children of Ifan’s age are there, also Arwen;  Diane does not know what has happened to Dai, so tells Sara to carry on with the party.   
"Jason should have been here ages ago!"
“What about Jason?   He should have been here ages ago!” Sara snarls, and her mother-in-law suggests he might be with Ffion again.
Jason arrives – with Ffion 
At that moment, Jason does arrive, as predicted – with Ffion, and greets Ifan;  “Who’s two today?” he asks, and Sara lights the two candles on the cake 
"Happy birthday, dear Ifan!"
before they sing ‘Happy Birthday’.
Ifan claps his hands
Ifan claps his hands with delight, 
Ifan and Jason blow out the candles
and then assists his father to blow out the candles.
"Slow down a bit, Dad"
Hywel and Rhys are on their run, and Rhys encourages his father to slow down, reckoning that they are going too fast;  
"It's fine for me!"
“It might be too fast for you, but it’s fine for me!” Hywel protests, “Stop fussing –this is supposed to be a leisurely jog.”   
He is still urged to be careful, as he does not need to prove anything to Rhys, 
"You're giving me a headache!"
but complains, “The knee is all right, but I’m getting a headache because of this fuss – come on!”
The party continues
The party is in full swing, but in the kitchen Diane begins to stir things;  
"They're very close, Jason and Ffion"
“They’re very close, Jason and Ffion.”   Sara points out that she has helped him a lot.   
"Aren't you worried there's something going on?"
“I know that, but aren’t you worried that there’s something going on?” Diane continues.
"He knows I'm there for him"
“This is a phase until Jason gets better,” Sara insists, “He knows that I’m there for him as well.”   
"You should have a word with him"
Diane is not convinced, but advises that she should have a word with him;  “Jason and I are all right – there’s no need to worry, OK?” Sara snaps at her.
"What we need is more crisps and pop"
Meanwhile Jason is suggesting that they need some more sweets and pop, and Diane looks at him and Ffion, concerned.
The run continues, then . . .
The run continues, and as they join a footpath, crossing over a small bridge, 
. . . all of a sudden, Hywel's knee gives out
Hywel is suddenly seized with pain in his knee;  “I knew this would happen,” says Rhys, 
Hywel is completely immobilised
“You should have listened to me.   
"I'll see if someone can pick us up"
“Don’t worry, I’ll phone round some mates, to see if someone can pick us up.”   Hywel appears to be in some considerable pain.
"Time for your bath, Ifan"
Jason is clearing up after the party, and Sara is going to take Ifan for a bath.   As soon as they have gone upstairs, Diane cannot resist tackling Jason;  
"Is something going on between you and Ffion?"
“What’s going on?   Is something going on between you and Ffion?”   
"I'm not the only one who's noticed"
He cannot believe what he is hearing.   His mother continues, “I know she’s been helping you, but you seem very close – and I’m not the only one who’s noticed.   I think that Sara thinks the same!”
"I can't win, can I?"
Jason protests that he cannot win;  “I don’t believe this!” but Diane maintains that she thought she had better say something just in case.   
"I'm going out!"
He stops what he was doing, puts on his boots and walks out of the house;  “I’m going out!” he exclaims.
"There's no point going to the hospital"
At home, Hywel is protesting loudly that there is no point in going to the hospital, as it is Friday night, and they will be full;  
"Stop going on, Rhys!"
he tells Rhys to stop going on about warning him it would happen, then thanks Ffion for coming to his rescue, and bringing him home.   
His ministering angel will make some dinner now
She informs him that the two girls are playing upstairs, and she will make dinner for them.   Hywel is still in considerable pain, but nevertheless enjoying the ministrations of Ffion.
"Where's Jason?"
When Sara comes downstairs after putting Ifan to bed, she asks where Jason is;  
"I asked about him and Ffion"
Diane replies, “I think I’ve upset him – I asked him about him and Ffion.” 
Sara is incredulous, emphasising that it took months to make him believe that she trusted him, but Diane says she was only trying to help.   
"Well, it didn't work, did it?"
Sara moans, “Well, it didn’t work, did it?   How is Jason going to recover, if he doesn’t believe we support him?   
"I'm getting out of this house!"
“I’m getting out of this house – Ifan won’t be any trouble because he’s flat out.”   
"I hope you haven't sent Jason off the rails again!"
As she goes out of the door she comments, “I just hope you haven’t sent Jason off the rails again!”
"Have you heard from Mathew?"
At number 10, Jaclyn asks Tesni where Guto is, and is told that he is out with his metal detector;  “Have you heard from Mathew?” her mother asks Tesni, 
"Flowers – what flowers?"
“He seemed very keen to see you, and the flowers were pretty.”
"I told him to leave you alone"
Gerwyn grumpily explains, “He took them with him – don’t expect to hear from him, because I told him to leave you alone.”   
"You have no idea, Dad!"
Tesni shouts at him that he has no idea, 
Tesni runs from the house
grabs her coat and rushes out of the house.
"Why did you do that?"
Jaclyn demands, “Why did you do that?” 
"I don't want Mathew to upset her!"
and he replies he does not want Mathew to upset her.   “I’m not surprised that Tes hasn’t told you that she’s ill again – I know Brenda’s told you.”   He complains that Tes should have told him, 
"Ger, this has to stop!"
but Jaclyn stresses, “You overreact to everything!   Ger, this has to stop!”
"You haven't got a clue!"
He mutters that she has not got a clue, and he does not want to discuss it.
"Are you sure you don't mind me calling?"
Sara has gone to see Kelly;  “Are you sure you don’t mind me calling?” she asks;  Kelly does not mind in the slightest, 
"Come on – spill"
and invites Sara to say what is on her mind.   
Sara explains Jason's problem
“We’ve been going through a difficult time lately – Jason’s been gambling, a lot – he’s made a real mess of things – lost thousands!   That’s why we’re living in Bryntirion.”
"I had no idea, Sara"
Kelly had no idea about this, but Sara continues, “We’re over the worst – Jason is going to Gamblers’ Anonymous and things.   He’s doing well – I’m proud of him.
"I feel like I'm being left behind"
“But while he’s recovering, I just feel like I’m being left behind.   I know this sounds very selfish, Kelly, but he doesn’t talk to me about it, and I’m worried that he doesn’t need me any more.”
"I heard what Dad said to you"
Tesni has gone straight to see Mathew;  “I heard about what Dad said to you this morning,” she says, “And I’m sorry.”   
"I should be the one apologising"
He admits that he should be the one apologising, after last night;  she agrees that it could have gone better.
"I know about the colitis – your father told me"
“I know now what you were trying to say – I know about the colitis – I’ve been reading up on it – and I don’t care, Tes!   Your father told me – I want you to know that I think the world of you – if you think that much of someone, you can deal with anything.”
"You don't understand, Mathew"
She is not sure that Mathew has understood, but he insists that it is all right, it is not that bad;  
"I'm not squeamish about things like that"
“Tes, we’re so good together – I’ll look after you, and I’m not squeamish about things like that.   I’d still want to be with you even if you needed a bag.”
"I can't do this!"
She says that she cannot do this, gives up and walks out of the flat.
"Shouldn't I be supporting him?"
“I’m not denying that Ffion has helped him a lot, but shouldn’t I, his wife, be supporting him through this?” demands Sara, “And now Diane thinks there is something going on between her and Jason.”
"That's stupid!"
Kelly is quite scornful of that suggestion, but Sara realises they are close.   
"You can't understand it if you haven't been through it"
“Addictive behaviour is something you can’t understand if you haven’t been through it yourself,” advises Kelly, “And you might feel useless, but the truth is, you’re not the right person to help him.   It doesn’t mean you’re losing Jason – it doesn’t mean he loves you less.   Is he recovering?”
Sara agrees that he is recovering
Sara agrees that he is;  “So, there we are – these chats with Ffion are helping – patience, OK?   
"When he needs you, you'll be there for him"
“And when he needs you, you’ll be there for him,” Kelly assures her.   
"Some positivity – I knew you could do it!"
As Sara smiles, Kelly remarks, “Some positivity – I knew you could do it!”
"What the hell do you think you're doing?"
Tesni returns home, absolutely furious with her father;  “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” she screams at him, 
"He told Mathew about the colitis!"
“He didn’t just tell Mathew to keep away, he told him about the colitis!”   Gerwyn maintains that he was only thinking of her, but she shouts, “It was my decision to tell him, not yours!”
Gerwyn has completely lost his temper
At that moment Guto comes in the back door, and his father yells at him not to come into the house in dirty wellies.   
"You had no right to tell Mathew!"
Jacqueline urges Gerwyn to calm down, and he apologises to his son.   “What about Tes?   You had no right to tell Mathew!” she says, but Gerwyn thought he was doing the right thing, and is sorry.
Tesni rushes out of the house
Tesni rushes out of the house, followed by Guto;  
"I'm a hopeless husband and a hopeless father!"
“I’m a hopeless husband and a hopeless father!” groans Gerwyn.   
Jaclyn informs him that they cannot carry on like this, and she is not going to tell him again;  
"Sort yourself out, Ger!"
“Sort yourself out, Gerwyn!”
Hywel is brought some soup
Ffion brings Hywel a bowl of soup, and he tells Rhys to stop sulking, insisting that it was not his fault.   
"You'd be more than happy to look after Dad"
In the kitchen Rhys tells Ffion, “It looks like you’d be more than happy to look after Dad for the rest of his life,” but she accuses him of being childish.
"You drive me nuts!"
Rhys looks into her eyes, and says, “You drive me nuts!”   
Get your lecherous hands off!
They kiss, as he fondles Ffion’s bottom with his left hand, 
Hywel enjoys his soup
and as Hywel enjoys his bowl of soup.