12 August 2019

After that fiasco, Mark is extremely embarrassed
Outside the Deri, Mark is feeling extremely embarrassed and sheepish, but Garry can understand what he is going through.   
Various villagaers can be seen in the High Street
Across the road, by Tomos ac Ellis, Dylan is talking to a woman, and Jason is picking up something from the gutter, while Tyler is hanging around by the zebra crossing, seemingly unwilling to return to number 7.   
"I haven't finished with it yet, Sioned!"
Sioned is vociferously demanding to have her phone back, but Mark has not yet finished with it, and dials the number again.   None of the people he can see in the street show any signs of their phone ringing.   
"I'm going to get you!"
He leaves a message for the drug dealer;  “I’m after you, you know – and whoever you are, I’m going to get you!”   I’m going to make sure that you regret what you’ve done!”
"What's going on, Mark?"
Debbie arrives and wonders what is going on;  Dani explains that he has the dealer’s number, 
"They're under our noses!"
and Mark informs Debbie, “They’re under our noses!”   Garry is confident that he will find them, but Sioned just wants her phone back, and says she does not know the dealer is;  she texts that number and then there is a drop-off.
Mark transfers the number to his phone
Mark transfers the number from Sioned’s phone to his own, and then gives it back to her.   Debbie and Mark walk away, 
Garry has his own suspicions
but Garry looks suspiciously across the road.
As Jason comes out of APD, he encounters Kath, who is having trouble with her new phone;  
"Someone keeps phoning me all the time!"
“Someone keeps phoning me all the time – must be that PPI nonsense!”   Then the phone rings again, 
She rushes off when another call arrives
so Jason is unable to ask her how Ricky is.   
Tyler hangs around near his front door
Tyler is still lurking by the crossing and looking guilty.
Iolo is frantically vacuuming
Inside number 7, Iolo is doing the vacuuming, and does not look in a good mood;  when Tyler finally comes in, 
"Who is this Aled, then?"
he demands, “Who is this Aled, then?”   Tyler explains that he is a pupil, and has found it difficult to ‘come out’.
"He's having a hard time at home"
“I would have walked away, but he’s having a hard time at home,” Tyler continues;  
"So why did you lie to me?"
Iolo wants to know if he is handsome, and why Tyler lied to him.   He  is told, “He cornered me at the party, so I finished my drink and he followed me.   He wanted to talk, so I took him to the back street – 
"Somewhere quiet, in case anyone saw us"
“somewhere quiet, in case someone saw us.”
“Saw you doing what?” Iolo demands, 
"Why did you lie – and buy me this watch?"
“Why did you lie, Ty – and buy me this expensive watch?   You obviously feel guilty about something.”   Tyler admits that Aled tried to kiss him but was immediately pushed away.   
"I panicked – I don't know why!"
“I know I should have told you straightaway, but I panicked – I don’t know why!” Tyler says, 
Iolo cannot wait to get out . . .
but Iolo barges past him and leaves the house.
. . . and into the café next door
As he comes out, and goes into the café, Debbie and Mark are just emerging;  
"Someone has to pay for what they did!"
“Someone has to pay for what they did to Ricky!” Mark insists, 
"You're going to make yourself ill, Mark!"
but Debbie thinks he is going to make himself ill, and she is fed up with visiting people in hospital.
Jason comes along and asks about Ricky;  “I wanted to ask Kath, but she was busy.”   
"She's supposed to be at the hospital"
Mark is surprised that he has seen Kath, as she was supposed to be at the hospital.   
"She said someone kept phoning her"
Jason goes on, “She was having problems with her new phone – well, it was new ten years ago, perhaps.   She was here, complaining that someone kept phoning her.”
Mark is prompted to jump to another conclusion, and hurries off along the street.
Garry comes to confront Dylan
In the office at Tapas, Garry marches in and addresses Dylan;  
He issues a warning – even a threat
“A word to the wise – I’m not going to let anyone put children’s lives in danger around here by selling drugs.”
"It's a bit obvious, isn't it?"
As he turns to leave again, Dylan remarks, “It’s a bit obvious, isn’t it?   I’ve just moved to the area – 
"I earn a lot of money – so I must be dealing drugs?"
“I earn a lot of money – so I must be dealing drugs?”
"I shall be watching you!"
Garry points out that he will be watching Dylan for one wrong move.   
"Was there anything else?"
You might have to bend the law to make money, but I’ve got nothing to hide,” Dylan assures him, and as Garry still continues to stare at him, enquires, “Was there anything else?”   
Garry laughs
Garry laughs, and walks out of the room.
"I didn't think Ricky was the type to take drugs"
As they eat lunch at Bryntirion, Jason says, “I didn’t think Ricky was the type to take drugs.”   Dai maintains that youngsters have nothing better to do today, 
Dai recalls when he was a lad
recalling that when he was young, they had the Aelwyd [literally ‘Fireside’], the Scouts and the Band of Hope to keep them busy.
“That’s the answer, Dai – reviving the Band of Hope!” grins Sara, but he insists it did not do him any harm.
"Nefi Wen!   When is DJ going to sort this stuff out?"
Then he almost falls over a box of books;  “Nefi wen!   When is DJ going to sort this stuff out?   Now he’s back here, its getting more like Barnardo’s every day!   
"Waifs and strays everywhere!"
“Waifs and strays everywhere!”
Jason considers that he has a point;  “What – about reviving the Band of Hope?” jokes Sara, but Jason suggests that young kids needs something to do, so they do not turn to drugs, 
"Perhaps we could do something together"
and perhaps the two of them could do something together.
"This could be something to focus on"
“Don’t say you get any enjoyment from slaving away at Tapas – this could be a project, something to focus on together,” he goes on.
"I've been out"
Garry returns to the Deri, and Dani asks where he has been;  he is initially evasive, 
"Why the concern about Ricky?"
but she wonders why he is so greatly concerned about Ricky.   
"You don't think I have something to do with the drugs?"
“Don’t say you think I have something to do with the drugs,” he demands, but she says that demonstration with the phone does not prove anything.
“You make all these dodgy phone calls and go off without saying where,” she begins, 
"I would never put children's lives in danger"
but he emphasises that he would not bring drugs into the Deri and put children’s lives in danger.   He wonders whether Dani really knows him at all.   
“Something is going on, Garry,” she says, 
"I've been looking for a car for Ricky"
and he has to confess that he has been looking for a car for Ricky, for when he goes to college.   
He explains, “He hasn’t had the easiest to start in life, has he?   
"He works hard, just like I did"
“But he works hard, just like I did – to try and create a better future for himself.   I thought he deserved a nice car – but now the poor dab is lying in hospital, fighting for his life.   
"I'm sorry I tried to make things easier for him"
“I’m sorry I tried to do something to make things easier for him.”
"Well, there's nothing upstairs"
At Maes-y-Deri, Mark is searching the house, so far without success;  
"She would never keep stuff here"
Debbie says that Kath would never keep stuff there anyway.   
"Where else would she keep the stash, then?"
“Where else would she keep up the stash, then?” he demands, but Debbie regards the business with the phone as a coincidence, sure that Kath is not the dealer.
"She's got a guilty conscience!"
Mark thinks that everything makes sense – the way she has been behaving;  “She was ill because of the strain – she’s got a guilty conscience!”   
"You've got to stop this, Mark!"
Debbie urges him to stop, 
"I don't know what I'll do if it is her!"
and he groans, “I don’t know what I’ll do if it is her!”
Kath enters the café 
Kath walks into the café, where Sioned is sitting alone;  
"I know this is all your fault"
“I know that this is all your fault,” Kath begins, in a menacing tone, 
"It was an accident"
and Sioned points out that it was an accident;  Ricky was looking for painkillers, but Kath is not listening.
"What were those drugs doing in your flat?"
“What were those drugs doing in your flat in the first place?” she continues, “Your thrills have cost our family dearly, do you know that?   
"You've always had everything on a plate"
“You’ve always had everything on a plate, haven’t you, Sioned?   Money, business, 
"Mami bailing you out when you make a mess of things"
“Mami bailing you out when you make a mess of things.   And you’ll get away with this as well – you’re the lowest of the low!   It’s a shame Mark didn’t phone the pigs straightaway – 
"This valley would be a much better place without you!"
“because this valley would be a much better place without you anywhere near it!”
"A latté, please, Gwen"
Then Kath turns away from Sioned, and requests, “A latté, please Gwen.”   
A suitably shame-faced Sioned is about to leave
Sioned gets up from the table and hastily leaves the café, meeting Tyler in the doorway.
Iolo is far from happy
Iolo is sitting moodily at a table, when Tyler comes in, pleading with him to come home;  “Are you sure that you pushed him away?” demands Iolo, and Tyler replies that he would never do anything to hurt him.
"I'm worried Aled has told someone"
“I’m worried that Aled has told someone – I could lose everything!” he frets, but Iolo says that if nothing happened, he has nothing to worry about.   “But it was my idea to go somewhere quiet – what if he says I made a move on him?”   
"Well, text him . . ."
He considers that Iolo’s suggestion of texting Aled could make matters worse, 
". . . at least you'd know where you stand"
but is told that at least he would know where he stood then.
That so-called scrap wood seems in very good condition
Round the back of APD, Jason informs Sara, “We could build all sorts of things – we could make rafts, or even go-karts, and it’s a good way of recycling all this wood.   
"When will you be making your first hovercraft?"
Dai sarcastically demands when they will be making their first hovercraft, and Sara mentions that she does have other things to do.
"Half of the bulbs behind the bar have gone"
Dylan has just arrived in APD, and points out to Sara that half the bulbs behind the bar at Tapas have gone;  she explains that is why she is there, to get some replacements.
Dylan says, rather evasively, that his meeting went well, 
"No, not that one . . ."
then there is the sound of a phone, and first he takes the wrong one from his left pocket;  
". . . this is the one!"
the phone in the right pocket is the correct one, and he goes outside to take the call.
Dai describes him as, “Poser!   What sort of show-off has two phones?”   
"A show-off with two women on the go!"
Sara suggests it is probably a show-off with two women on the go, 
"A show-off who might sponsor our venture"
but Jason is of the opinion it may be a show-off who would be willing to sponsor their little venture, so Sara must be sure to stay in his good books.
Mark is still in search of his mother
Mark and Debbie come round the corner by the chippy, still looking for Kath, who is not at home and not at the hospital.   They see her coming out of the café, and Mark confronts her;  she says that it is like being on day release, after being stuck at the hospital.
"You won't get day-release in prison!"
“Well make the most of it, because you won’t get day release in prison!” Mark snarls, “Since when have you had two phones?”   
"This is Ricky's old one"
Kath explains that she lost the charger for hers, so she is using Ricky’s old one.   
Mark dials the drug dealer's number again . . .
Mark immediately gets out his phone, and dials the drug dealer’s number. 
. . . but is no nearer unmasking the villain
Once more, to his dismay, the suspected phone does not ring, and Kath wonders what on earth is going on.   When Debbie explains, 
"You thought it was me?"
Kath is livid;  “You thought it was me?   You know how much I hate drugs!   
"Who went to jail for dealing drugs?"
“Do I need to remind you who went to jail for dealing drugs?   You’ve got a cheek, suspecting me!   Your father will be turning in his grave!”
"Sorry to interrupt – there's something we want to tell you"
This tirade is interrupted by the arrival of Dani, who explains there is a bottle of wine, on the house, at the Deri for them – and there is something they want to tell the Joneses.
Sioned is in the alley . . . 
As Sioned comes out of the alley, 
. . . and notices a local police presence
she notices a police officer outside the Deri, so keeps out of sight and makes a phone call.   
"Ricky got the drugs at Sioned's party . . ."
Jason and Sara are approaching from direction of Bethania, and Jason says that Ricky obtained the drugs at Sioned’s party.   
". . . it shows how important this project is!"
“It shows how important it is that we start this project!” he argues, but Sara thinks that he should do this on his own.
"It will help rebuild your confidence"
“It’s a great idea, Jason, but you don’t need me – it will do you good and help rebuild your confidence – the old Jase is still in there, isn’t he?” she says.
"It would only be for a couple of nights"
“It would only be for a couple of nights – that’s great – I’ll be there by tonight,” Sioned tells the person she has phoned.   
"Zöe and me – it's not what you think"
At that moment Dylan comes round the corner, apologising that she misunderstood him the other day, maintaining that Zöe is not . . .
"Sorry, I'm in a hurry!"
However Sioned replies that she is a hurry, and cannot wait to get away.
"Red or white wine?"
In the Deri, Mark refuses a glass of wine, as they have to get back to the hospital;  
"I go from one silly idea to another!"
he tells Garry, “All I do is go from one silly idea to another.”   
"Yes, you can say that again!"
His mother definitely agrees with that.
"We'll teach him a lesson!"
“When you find him, I’ll be there by your side,” Garry assures him, “We’ll teach him a lesson!”
"When Ricky's better, Garry has a car for him"
Dani says that they appreciate Ricky is still fragile, but once he is back on his feet, Garry has a car for him.   Garry takes up the story, “Ricky asked me to look for one for him, but he wasn’t sure if he could afford it.   I don’t want a penny.”
They are presented with the result of the collection
Debbie is quite overcome, and then is presented with the money the villagers have raised for them.   
"I don't know what to say"
Mark does not know what to say, especially after he had been accusing Garry;  “It sounds as if you are accusing everyone in the valley, Mark,” comments his mother.   While Mark and Kath have a lager, 
"Look, I have to pop to the salon"
Debbie says she has to pop to the salon.
The waiting is having an effect on them . . .
At number 7, the atmosphere is rather fraught as they wait for a reply from Aled. 
. . . then the reply comes
When it sounds, Tyler apprehensively picks up the phone, and shows Iolo what the message says;  
"No, sir, I'm not going to tell anyone"
“No, sir, I’m not going to tell anyone.   Sorry for misunderstanding things.”   This comes as a great relief to both of them.
“I’m so sorry – I don’t know what came over me,” Tyler apologises, 
"I can see why he had a crush on you"
and Iolo can appreciate why Aled had a crush on him.
Debbie arrives at the salon . . .
Debbie walks into the salon, 
. . . and find a phone in the filing cabinet
opens the second drawer of the filing cabinet, and takes a mobile phone from the bottom of it.   
She plays a recorded message
She plays a message, and listens to Marks voice;  
"I'm going to get you!"
“I’m after you, you know – and whoever you are, I’m going to get you!   I’m going to make sure that you regret what you’ve done.”
She hastily replaces the phone . . .
She hears a knock at the door, so quickly replaces the phone 
. . . and looks extremely worried
and looks extremely worried.