15 August 2019

"Do you like Sioned, then?"
“I wanted to tell you, Ffi,” Rhys continues, and she asks whether he likes Sioned;  “No – it was a mistake – I want you!’ he replies.   
"Why did you do it, Rhys?"
She is unimpressed, demanding why he did it, and he says that they had argued after he heard the recording, and so he went to find Mathew to go for a drink.
"I found Sioned . . . I'm so sorry!"
“I wanted to forget about you,” he maintains, “But instead of finding Mathew, I found Sioned, and . . . I’m so sorry, I was so angry with you.”   
Hywel checks how his plan is going
From the bar, Hywel is watching to see how things are progressing.
“What sort of an excuse is that?” asks Ffion, and as Rhys says that he has hated himself ever since, 
Helpful Hywel brings their drinks
Hywel, with a wry smile, is bringing across their Strawberry Mocktails.
“Everything all right?” he sarcastically enquires, 
"We're fine, Hywel!"
and Ffion answers that they are fine;  he tells them, “Enjoy yourselves!” and cannot disguise the look of satisfaction on his face.
Rhys wants to forget the drinks and go home, 
"We're going to look like we're enjoying ourselves!"
but Ffion is determined;  “We’re staying – and we’re going to look like we’re enjoying ourselves, understand?   
"Smile, for heaven's sake!"
“Smile, for heaven’s sake!”
Mark finds the house empty
Mark arrives at Maes-y-Deri and finds that no-one else is in the house;  he finds only an empty bread wrapper in the bread bin, then his phone sounds.   
"OK, I'll be there as soon as I can!"
“Is everything OK?” he asks, “Right, I’ll be there as soon as I can!”   
He is unable to contact Debbie
He tries to contact Debbie, but without success, and rushes out of the house.
Hywel continues his surveillance
Still under the watchful eye of Hywel, Ffion and Rhys look at the menu.   Colin comes into the Deri and asks Hywel whether he is going to Jaclyn’s birthday party;  
"I'm sure she'll have some exotic nibbles"
“I’m only going to show my face, but I’m sure she’ll have some pretty exotic nibbles,” he predicts.   

Hywel replies that he will not be going, remarking that he is settled there, at his vantage point with a good view of Ffion and Rhys.
Eileen has been trying out new recipés
Eileen reports to Cassie and Kath that she has been trying new recipés to put in the gin;  
"Calangal and lime?"
“Calangal and lime – what’s that?” enquires Cassie, and is told that it is a spice from Thailand.   Kath does not care what it is called or where it is from – 
"Diane's had a hard day with Ifan"
Then Cassie’s phone sounds, with a message from Diane that she will not be coming, having had a hard day with Ifan.  
"And Anita's working later at CwmFM"
Apparently, Anita cannot come either, because she is working late at CwmFM.   As they have come to the conclusion that it will be just the three of them, 
Then Brenda arrives
Brenda arrives.
Kath receives a phone call
Now Kath’s phone rings, and Mark informs her that Ricky is waking up, 
"I have to go – it's Ricky!"
so she abandons the Gin Club and hurries away.
DJ gets a surprise
DJ comes into the shop flat, expecting to see Mathew there, and is surprised that Sioned is back;  
"I've only been back ten minutes"
she has only been there about ten minutes.   He informs her that he has not moved back in, but just wants to see Mathew.
"Look, DJ, I'm sorry, I was wrong!"
“Look, DJ – the things I said – I’m sorry, I was wrong!” Sioned tells him, “I’ve had a lot of time to think, and a lot of time to sober up.”   
"About time, too"
He replies that it is about time.   “Is there any news about Ricky?” she continues;  DJ says there is no change in his condition, 
Put the milk back in the fridge first
and she proposes that they go to the Deri, where he can tell her everyone’s news.
"Actually, I'm on the way to a party"
DJ reveals that he is actually on his way to a party, so she asks for a couple of minutes to get changed, and she will come with him.   
He does not think that Sioned will be welcome there
He does not look too keen about this.
Yes, it does look similar to Ffion's dress
At the party at number 10, Tesni, who is wearing a dress somewhat similar to Ffion’s, is talking to Luned, 
"Happy birthday, Mrs P"
who greets Jaclyn, “Happy birthday, Mrs P!”   
DJ  arrives . . . with Sioned 
Then DJ arrives and is welcomed, but when it is noticed that Sioned is following him, the atmosphere changes.   
"I didn't think you would be in the mood for a party"
Gerwyn did not think that she would be in the mood for a party after . . .
“Ricky’s accident had nothing to do with me,” Sioned replies, and DJ tries to get her out of the awkward situation by commenting that she was on her way to the Deri.   
"I'll have more luck selling drugs there!"
“Yes, I think I’ll have more luck selling drugs there!   I’m not staying where I’m not welcome,” she remarks, as she leaves.
Rhys is not enjoying his steak, but worse is to come . . .
Ffion and Rhys are eating their steaks, 
. . . Sioned comes to join them
and Rhys is eager to finish the meal and go;  
"I regret coming back"
Sioned joins them, uninvited, muttering, “I don’t know who that Gerwyn thinks he is – I regret coming back!”
"Why did you come back?"
Ffion wonders why she did come back, and Sioned maintains, “I haven’t done anything wrong!”   Ffion is incredulous that she believes that, but Sioned is adamant, 
"Ricky's accident was nothing to do with me!"
“How many more times do I have to say that?   Ricky’s accident was nothing to do with me.”
"You were too busy taking other people's boyfriends to bed!"
“No – you were too busy taking other people’s boyfriends to bed!” snarls Ffion, and is about to throw her Strawberry Mocktail over Sioned, 
"No, Ffion, she's not worth it"
but Rhys insists she is really not worth it, and takes Ffion home.
"Next time you want some attention, don't bother coming to me!"
As they leave, Sioned tells Rhys, “Next time you want some attention, don’t bother coming to me!” and Rhys tells her to go to hell.   
Eileen has heard all this
Eileen has witnessed this little exchange, and Hywel looks even more pleased with himself.   “How long have you been back?” Eileen demands, 
"When will you learn, Sioned?   Home, now!"
“That’s the kind of welcome you deserve – when will you learn?   Home – now!” 
Hywel and Geraint are enjoying the entertainment
Hywel is still enjoying himself, watching all this.  
The Gin Club is now down to two members
The remaining members of the Gin Club concluding that it will be just two of them.
Debbie has some packages, presumably drugs . . .
In the salon, Debbie is carrying several packages, 
. . . when she is shocked by a noise
and is flustered when she hears a knock on the window;  
"Ricky's coming out of the coma – come on!"
it is Mark, who excitedly tells her, “I’ve been phoning and texting – he’s waking up, Debs!   Ricky’s coming out of the coma – come on!”
"Aled was a bit upset about his results"
Luned asks Guto where Aled went, and receives the reply, “He was a bit upset about his results.”   She recalls that he was so cocky during the exams, and Guto goes on, “Mr Davies-White has been comforting him.”
"You've changed your tune, Guto!"
Tesni reprimands him;  “You’ve changed your tune – you gave me an earful this morning for gossiping!”   
"Perhaps I've seen something since then"
He says that perhaps he has seen something since then, but is not sure that he has had enough to drink to reveal big secrets.   
Tesni plies him with more punch
Tesni gets him another glass of punch.
"What, another present?"
Gerwyn comes downstairs with a large box, containing a present for Jaclyn;  she points out that she has already had a lovely necklace from him.   “You didn’t really think that’s all you were getting, did you?” he says, 
Dylan has totally forgotten Jac's birthday
and Dylan comes to the realisation that it is his sister’s birthday, which he had forgotten;  he had been under the impression that it was an A-level party, and now feels rather stupid.
"Ooh – a karaoke machine!"
She opens the box and finds, with great excitement, that it is a karaoke machine;  
"This is the best day of my life!"
“This is the best day of my life!   Thanks, Ger!” she squeals.
They arrive at Ricky's bedside
Mark and Debbie arrive at the hospital, where Kath is already sitting at Ricky’s bedside;  
"These things can take a while, mind"
Kath reassures them that these things can take a while, and it may be days.   
"Dad's here – can you hear me?"
Mark talks to him, “Ricky, Dad’s here – can you hear me?” but there is no response.   “Listen, you had an accident – you were in a party, do you remember?   Someone spiked you with drugs.”
Ricky is regaining consciousness
At this point an alarm sounds and Ricky is making choking noises;  a nurse hurries in to remove his breathing tube, 
"What if he's brain-damaged?"
and Debbie fears that he is brain-damaged.   
"Mam?"
Ricky coughs, and then, with great difficulty, says, “Mam?”
They all breathe a sigh of relief
They are overjoyed, 
"You gave us such a fright!"
and his mother tells him, “You gave us such a fright!”   
"Sorry!"
He croaks that he is sorry, and Mark is almost in tears, assuring them that Ricky is going to be all right.
"There will be even more gossip about you now"
Eileen brings Sioned a sandwich from downstairs and comments, “There will be even more gossip about you now – where have you been?   We’ve been struggling to do your work, with no idea what you were coming back.   You didn’t even answer your phone – what’s going on, Sioned?   
"Are you taking drugs?"
“They’re saying Ricky took drugs – do you know anything about that?   Are you taking drugs?”
"It's been hard – I've just had enough"
Sioned says that she is not, and that is the last thing she needs;  “It’s just been hard – Ed, Angela, now Ricky.   I’ve just had enough!”   
"Come home to Penrhewl"
Eileen tries to convince her that things will get better, and in the meantime, invites her to come home to Penrhewl;  “Good food, sensible company – if you can call Jim sensible!”   
"That wouldn't do you any good"
Sioned replies that it would not do them any good if she landed at Penrhewl in this state.
"You need some TLC"
Her mother insists that she needs some TLC, but Sioned keeps repeating that she is fine;  
"I'll see you in work tomorrow, OK?"
“Listen, go back to the Deri, and I’ll see you in work tomorrow, OK?”   
Eileen points out that she needs some structure in her life;  “And a chance for me to feed you a bit.   Try and get some sleep – everything looks better after a good night’s sleep.”
She looks at the tablets before putting them back . . .
As soon as Eileen has gone, Sioned goes to her handbag, empties two tablets into her hand, then, after some thought, replaces them in the container, 
. . . and fetching a bottle of wine
and gets a bottle of wine from the fridge.
"You're going to say how much you regret it!"
Back at Cysgod y Glyn, Rhys urges Ffion to sit down, but she demands, “Why?   I know what you’re going to say – how much you regret it, and you won’t do it again – I’ve heard it all before!”   He emphasises that he would do anything to turn the clock back.
"It doesn't change the fact you did what you did, does it?"
“It doesn’t change the fact you did what you did, does it?” she rages, 
"You wanted to hurt me – and you've succeeded!"
“You wanted to hurt me – and you’ve succeeded – well done you!   
"I hope you realise how pathetic and childish you've been"
“I just hope you realise how pathetic and childish you’ve been.”
He readily admits that he has been an idiot, but now wants to sit down and discuss this properly;  “What do you want me to do, Ffi?   
"Do you want me to move out?"
“Do you want me to move out, and forget that anything happened?”   
Ffion is in a quandary, not knowing what she wants, and once again he tells her, “I love you – and I hate myself for what I’ve done to you.”
"You are your father's son!"
Ffion sighs, “I shouldn’t have expected better – you are your father’s son!”   He is about to go and pack his stuff, but she objects;  
"The last thing I want is to give Hywel the satisfaction"
“That won’t sort anything either, will it?   The last thing I want is to give Hywel the satisfaction of knowing that he’s managed to separate us.”
"You want us to stay together to make Dad angry?"
“So you want us to stay together in order to make Dad angry?” he suggests, but Ffion assures him she wants them to stay together because she loves him.
"You've hurt me, Rhys!"
She goes on, “I understand why, to some extent – I was at fault too, for saying what I said to Eifion.   But you’ve hurt me, Rhys.”   He promises that it will not happen again;  
"It won't happen again – I hope"
she backs away from him, and agrees, “It won’t happen again – I hope.”   
She leaves Rhys confused
She walks out of the room, leaving Rhys in a confused state.
Mark brings Kath a cup of tea
At the hospital, a nurse is attending to Ricky, giving him something for the pain, and Kath tells Mark, who has brought her a cup of tea, that he will sleep now.   
"I'm going to give the dealer's number to the police"
Debbie is understandably looking very troubled, and this is exacerbated when Mark announces, “I’ve decided to give the dealer’s number to the police – I’ve done everything I can to find them, but I’ve failed.”
Debbie argues that they need to keep their noses out of trouble;  “We’ve been through enough as it is,” but Mark insists that someone has to pay for what happened to Ricky.
"There's no telling what they might do to Ricky!"
She pleads, “Please, Mark, what if they find out it was you who passed on the number?   There’s no telling what they might do to Ricky,”   
"I won't be able to live with myself . . ."
Mark is confident that the police will keep him safe;  “I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if another family suffers because I didn’t do anything,” he emphasises.   
"I don't want anything to do with it!"
Debbie describes this as a mistake, and calls him a fool;  she does not want anything to do with it.
They work out their favourite flavours
The rather depleted Gin Club are trying to work out which are their favourite flavours when Eileen returns, saying she does not know whether Sioned is all right;  
"What we need is a Self-Help Group"
“We need a Self-Help Group, not a Gin Club,” she suggests.
Cassie maintains that it is worth writing down your problems, instead of bothering other people with them;  “They call it catharsis.”   
"You could choose a subject for us each week"
Brenda thinks that it would be a good idea to choose a subject for them every week that they can read what they have written about it while they drink gin.   
"I enjoyed creative writing at school"
Eileen says she always used to enjoy creative writing at school, and Brenda tells Cassie that she can be their guru;  she proposes setting up a whatsapp group, and Cassie can choose a subject for next week.
Colin is on his way to the party at number 10
Colin is about to leave the Deri, to see what sort of party the Parrys are having, while Hywel is still drinking at the bar.   
"Your latest effort has failed – again!"
Ffion marches in, advising him, “Your latest effort to split us up has failed again – you may as well give up!”   
Hywel is not so sure about that
Then she turns round and walks out.
Jaclyn is singing lustily
At number 10, Jaclyn is singing along to the karaoke machine, rather less than tunefully, much to the amusement the other partygoers.   
Colin arrives and is impressed
As she sings, “I just can’t get you out of my head,” Colin arrives, and remarks on her wonderful singing voice, 
"She could make some cash out of that"
pointing out that she could make some cash out of that.
"She could make you a fortune on the X-Factor"
“Ger, she could make you a fortune on the X-factor,” he continues, while, at the table, the youngsters are playing truth or dare.   
Guto refuses to tell the truth;  “Because I know what you’re going to ask me,” so chooses dare.
"I dare you to tell us what they were doing!"
Luned begins, “I dare you to tell us what Aled and Mr Davies-White were doing.”
Guto walks out of the back door
Guto refuses, getting up and walking out of the back door, followed by Tesni and Luned.
Debbie puts the packages into the boot of her car
Meanwhile, in the back street, Debbie is about to put the packages we saw earlier into the boot of her car, but when she hears voices along the street, she panics and hides, in the process dropping one of the packages.
"Look, you can't tell anyone about this!"
In the end, Guto admits that he has a video, but they are not not to tell anyone about it.   
Oops – Debbie has dropped one of them
At this point Debbie becomes aware of the package she dropped on the road, and looks very worried about it.
They watch the video of Tyler and Aled
The three children are too preoccupied to notice, as they watch the video on Guto’s phone;  they cannot believe what they are seeing, but again he warns them that they must keep it to themselves.   
"Oh, this is where you're hiding!"
Gerwyn comes out of the back gate to find out what they are doing, 
"We're about to sing 'Happy Birthday'!"
and instructs them to come in, as they are about to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Jaclyn.
Now that the coast is clear, Debbie retrieves the package, but while putting it in the boot, 
The phone breaks into its component parts . . .
she drops her phone, the back comes off, and it loses its battery.   
. . . which are dropped down the drain
She disposes of it in a nearby drain, 
The stress is telling on Debbie
and looks very stressed.