31 July 2019 (2nd)

Mark is in Cwrtmynach . . .
Mark cautiously makes his way along a path behind a row of houses;  
. . . on his search for Jamie
he is having difficulty finding who he is looking for.   
"I'm looking for Jamie"
A man approaches, and Mark informs him, “I’m looking for Jamie.”   At first he is ignored, 
The man indicates the house over there . . .
but then the man points in the general direction of a house.
. . . and Mark approaches it
Heading towards that house, Mark walks up the drive 
As he is about to knock on the door . . .
and hesitates before knocking on the door;  
. . . he hears Mathew's voice
then he is surprised to hear a voice, which says, “Oi!” and discovers that it is Mathew.   He complains that he was almost given a heart attack, and demands why Mathew is there.
“I couldn’t let you come alone,” is his reply, and Mark is adamant that he does not need a bodyguard;  
Then he does knock, but with no reply
he knocks on the door, but there is no reply.   He believes that he can hear something inside, 
They peer in through the window
and they peer through the window.   Mathew is quite certain that no one is there, but Mark tells him, “You can go if you want, but I’m staying.”
"I want him here with me, not playing Action Man!"
At the hospital, Debbie is now worried about Mark as well as Ricky;  Kath is sure that he will be not be long, but Debbie replies, “I want him here with me – not playing Action Man!”   
"I'll give him another ring, then"
Kath will try phoning him again, but does not expect him to pay any attention.
"It's a reminder to order shampoo"
Then Debbie’s phone sounds, but it is only a reminder that she has to place the shampoo order for the salon, and she realises she has not phoned Gwyneth.
Kath has informed everyone
“Don’t worry, Debs, I’ve phoned everyone to explain,” says Kath, “And I’ve let all the family know.   They won’t be landing here, as I told them to stay where they are for now.   The last thing you need is them arguing here after everything.   Oh yes, Dol sent a text – or rather an ‘emoji’ – at least she’s thinking of you and Ricky.”
"My mother-in-law is all right"
Debbie is very grateful to Kath, “My Mam may be a lost cause, but my mother-in-law is all right.”   
"Don't overdo it, mind!"
Kath regards that as high praise.
"I should have brought a picnic!"
Mark and Mathew are still hanging around near the house, and Mathew complains that he is getting hungry;  “Sorry, I should have brought a picnic!” sneers Mark, “Next time we’re looking for drug dealers, I’ll bring sandwiches – is ham OK?”   Actually, Mathew says he would prefer cheese.
Who is this, coming along the road?
In the background, walking towards them, is someone in a green hoody, and Mathew again that thinks that they are wasting their time.   Mark is convinced that their quarry will come home some time, 
Mark is watching her
and then he walks towards the young woman in the hoody, who is heading for the house.
"I want to speak to your father!"
He shouts to her, but she immediately does a runner, jumping over the wall, as they tell her they want to speak to her father;  
Mathew apprehends the girl
Mathew soon catches her, 
"Everything all right, Jamie?"
and the man who directed Mark to the house earlier, shouts, “Everything all right, Jamie?”
"My son could die because of you!"
They are surprised that she is Jamie;  Mark begins, “My son could die because of you – if anything happens to him . . .”   At this point, Mathew stops him, and stresses that they just want to talk to Jamie, 
"I'm not talking to him – he's off his head!"
but she wants nothing to do with Mark, who she says is off his head.
"The other option is to call the police"
“The other option is to call the police – it’s up to you,” Mathew explains, and she permits them to go into the house.
The footballers are ready to start
At the homeless World Cup match in Cardiff, the game is about to start, 
Dai is waiting for someone
and Dai looks anxiously at his watch;  
"Where have you been?"
at last, DJ arrives, and is asked where he has been.   “I took the shopping back to the car – I didn’t want to carry it all around Cardiff.”   Dai says that he is as bad as Diane.
"I don't know where I'd have been without you"
He is glad that DJ came back early from his holidays;  “I don’t know where I’d have been today without you.”   
"I reckon you owe me a few pints"
DJ estimates that he is owed a few pints.   “What I can’t understand is what I’m doing here,” Dai moans, and DJ points out that someone had to take Ricky’s place.
“Why does that someone have to be me?   This is all Diane’s fault!” Dai continues, 
"You've done the first aid course"
but DJ reminds him that he has done the first aid course.   
"That was many years ago!"
“Yes, but that was many years ago – Diane and her big mouth – that’s why I’m here today.   I just hope no one gets a serious injury, because St John here can’t do much more than smelling salts!”
DJ is sure what that there are plenty of people there who know what they are doing.   
"Druggies and ex-cons playing soccer?"
“A whole day watching druggies and ex-cons playing soccer!” Dai groans, “I can’t think of anything worse, honestly!”
A passing Welsh dragon looks at Dai . . .
Someone in a red dragon costume stops;  
. . . and Dai looks at him
he and Dai look at each other, then the dragon continues into the game.   
They head into the game
Dai and DJ walk into the stadium.
"I don't know what you're talking about"
Jamie maintains that she does not know what Mark is talking about, so Mathew has a word with her;  
"His son had an accident last night"
“Listen, Jamie, his son had an accident last night – he swallowed pills at a party, and we know that you sold them.”   
Mention of Sioned's name gets her attention
She replies that he is wrong, but he points out that Sioned told him.   
She refuses to say anything else, 
"My son is in hospital – and for what?"
so Mark tells her, “My son is in hospital – and for what?   So that you can have a new phone, or a pair of trainers, is it?”
"I just deliver the stuff"
She answers that she does not sell, but just delivers;  “The pills are hidden – I pick them up and deliver them – it’s the truth.”   Mark is convinced that she is the dealer, but Mathew urges him to look at her.
"She's not a dealer – she still eats Coco Pops for breakfast!"
“She’s not a dealer – she still eats Coco Pops for breakfast!   There is someone bigger behind this.”   
"Tell me who is the dealer!"
This sounds logical to Mark, so he wants to know the dealer is, but Jamie does not know, 
"All I know is they live in Cwmderi"
only that they live in Cwmderi.
“Right, I want a number then!” Mark demands, but she does not know the number, explaining that she gets a call, advising where to pick up the goods, and the number is withheld every time.   
Mathew does some snooping around . . .
Mathew wants to leave as they appear to have reached a dead end, and Mark can understand that she does not want to grass, but he assures her that nothing will happen to her.
. . . and finds a prescription bag, presumably with a name
Meanwhile Mathew picks up a prescription bag with an address label, and looks surprised.   
Mark can get no more out of her
Jamie will not say anything else to Mark.
Debbie wonders where Mark is
At the hospital there is still no sign of Mark, and Debbie wonders where he is;  
"Probably filling his belly somewhere"
Kath predicts, “He’s probably in a café somewhere, filling his belly – you focus on Ricky.”   
"Thanks for everything, Kath"
Debbie thanks her for everything, saying that she has been amazing;  
"Don't tell anyone I've been so soppy!"
“But don’t tell anyone that I’ve been so soppy – I’ve got a reputation.”   
"Cwmderi's tough cookie, is it?"
Kath comments that she regards herself as Cwmderi’s tough cookie.
"Everything was going too well"
She goes on, “Everything was going too well – Mark and I were too happy – if only I’d made dinner ten minutes earlier, I would have caught him before he left, and asked him to stay at home.”   
"I could blame myself for persuading him"
Kath urges her to stop that;  “I could blame myself for persuading him to go out in the first place, but there’s no point thinking like that, is there?”
"You persuaded him to go?"
Debbie becomes angry;  “You persuaded him to go?” 
"I wasn't expecting this to happen!"
but Kath emphasises that she was not expecting this to happen.   “Let me get this straight – Ricky didn’t want to go to the party?” Debbie shouts, 
"Ricky's in a coma because of you!"
“Ricky’s in a coma because of you!”
Kath insists that this is not her fault, but Debbie shouts at her to leave;  
“Get out – before I do something I regret!   I don’t want you here I only need Ricky – get out!”   
Kath thinks she had better do so
Kath leaves the room.
"Some of these players are pretty good!"
Watching the match from the touchline, DJ comments that some of the players are pretty good, but Dai maintains that it is a pity they do not spend more time looking for a job, and DJ demands what is wrong with him.
"Thanks for helping out at the last minute"
One of the coaches thanks Dai for helping out at the last minute, and he replies, “No problem – Cwmderi boys are always ready to help.”   
"I've never met anyone from Cambodia who speaks Welsh!"
He looks closely at the man’s badge and remarks, “Cambodia?   I’ve never met anyone from Cambodia who speaks Welsh!”
He replies that he is from Pontypridd, and is just helping out with the coaching this week;  DJ says that he has been doing a good job with them.   The coach informs them, “The players have been great – when you think what a lot of them have been through, you would never tell when they’re out on the pitch.”
"Does playing soccer really help?"
Dai wonders if playing soccer really helps them, and is told, “There was a girl playing yesterday – she lost her five-year-old daughter about three years ago – it destroyed her life – she stopped going to work, and couldn’t pay the rent.   
"Yesterday she scored her first ever goal"
“She started playing with the team six months ago, and since then she’s got part-time work, and found somewhere to live.   And yesterday she scored her first ever goal in the last minute, to win the game 2–1!   
"She could forget about everything"
“And in that moment, she could forget about everything.”
Dai's opinion seems to have changed . . .
This seems to have changed Dai’s whole outlook, 
. . . and he waves . . .
and he waves cheerily 
.. . to one of the female players
to one of the female players.
"I can wait all day if I have to"
“I can wait all day if I have to,” Mark tells Jamie, but she still insists that she does not know the dealer and she has not got anything.   
"You don't want to mess with my Dad!"
She informs them that her dad will be back in a minute, warning that they do not want to mess with him.   
"Come on, Mark – think of Ricky and Debs"
Mathew reminds Mark about Ricky and Debs, asking whether he thinks that taking a beating will help anybody;  
"You haven't heard the last of this!"
Mark assures Jamie that she has not heard the last of this, and they leave the house.
Mathew notices a disused walking frame . . .
On their way, Mathew notices a rusty walking frame out in the garden;  
. . . and is told that it is Jamie's mother's
Jamie informs him, “It’s Mam’s – she’s upstairs, where she always is.   It’s OK, she won’t have heard you.”   Mathew wants to know who looks after her, 
"What's keeping you, Mathew?"
and Mark comes back to find out what is keeping him.
Mathew now understands the situation;  
"Look after yourself, all right?"
“Your father’s not coming back, is he?   Look after yourself, all right?” and the two of them leave, 
"She's trapped – with no way out"
with Mathew pointing out that she is trapped, with no way out.
"All my concern is for Ricky!"
Mark has no sympathy, as she has been selling drugs;  all his concern is for Ricky, and he cannot worry about her too.   
"I haven't finished yet"
“I haven’t finished yet,” he exclaims, 
Off he goes, with Mathew in pursuit
and rushes off along the street.
"Did you see that girl's goal?"
Dai and DJ are still watching the game;  “Did you see that girl’s goal earlier?” demands Dai, “Bend it like Beckham, be damned!”   
Dai is cheering them on
Then another goal is scored, and he is very enthusiastic.
"Despite the ex-cons and druggies?"
“Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’d say you’ve enjoyed today!” says DJ, and his father admits that it is better than he expected.   “Despite the ex-cons and druggies, you mean?” DJ adds, 
"You're not supposed to say things like that!"
but is told that he is not supposed to say things like that.
Dai actually admits that what he said earlier was wrong, 
"I never thought I'd see the day!"
and DJ thought he would never see the day when Dai enjoyed a game of soccer.
"I told you to leave!"
At the hospital, Debbie is looking very downhearted when Kath returns to the waiting room;  “I told you to leave!” Debbie snarls, 
"I can't do that, Debbie"
but her mother-in-law tells her that she cannot.   “Down the corridor, to the right, then right again!” Debbie informs her.
Kath is determined not to leave her there on her own;  
"I'd rather be alone than with you!"
“I’d rather be alone than with you!” Debbie snarls, 
"You can't blame me for this"
and Kath pleads that she cannot be blamed for this.
"If we lose him, it will be your fault!"
“Why don’t you keep your mouth shut, and leave me alone?” Debbie demands, “You say you’re sorry – but he would be OK if it wasn’t for you!   If we lose him, it will be your fault, and I’ll never  . . .”
Kath collapses . . .
At this point, Kath collapses, 
. . . and falls to the floor
falling from the chair on to the floor;  Debbie frantically calls for a nurse.
"I want the organ-grinder, not the monkey!"
Mark marches into the shop flat, growling to Sioned, “I want the organ-grinder, not the monkey!   Jamie doesn’t know anything!” 
"That's the only contact I have"
but she says that is the only contact she has.
"Give me the number!"
“Jamie told me, and I know how it works – give me the number!”   
"You could get yourself killed!"
She refuses, pointing out that he could get himself killed.   He stresses, “Sioned, Ricky is in a coma in hospital – all I can do is watch him struggle for his life, and there’s nothing I can do to help!   If I could stop the drug dealer doing it again . . .”
"Would they listen to you?"
She wonders how he would do that, and whether the dealer would listen to him;  
"Please, Sioned, give me the number!"
he begs her, “Please Sioned, give me the number!”   
"Debbie?"
Then his phone rings.
Kath is rushed off for treatment
In the hospital, Kath is being rushed into the emergency department;  

Debbie can say no more
Debbie is about to tell Mark what has happened, but then all he can hear is an alarm sounding.
She watches the staff working on Kath
Debbie peers through the glass as the resuscitation team get to work.