2 August 2019

Mark is rather brusquely told to wait . . .
Mark arrives at the hospital and wants to see his mother;  he is rather abruptly told that he will be dealt with in a minute, 
. . . so he looks into the room
so goes and looks through the glass into her room.   He sees his mother, in the process of eating a box of Cadburys Milk Tray chocolates;  she has also removed the sensor from her finger.
"Are you sharing them, Mam?"
He walks in and asks if she is sharing them;  
"Glen next door, poor thing, nil by mouth"
“Glen next door, poor thing, nil by mouth,” she explains, “It would be a shame to waste them.”   
"Do they know what's wrong with you?"
Mark asks if they know what is wrong with her, and she replies, “A bit of high blood pressure, that’s all – it’s a fuss over nothing.”
"How many more warnings do you need?'
“Mam, how many warnings do you need?   You should look after yourself!” he instructs her, as she munches on the chocolates, “I’m serious – we need you!”   
"It will take more than high blood pressure to get rid of me!"
She assures him that it will take more than high blood pressure to get rid of her.
"I assume Debbie told you"
Mark sits down on the bed and sighs, as his mother continues, “I assume Debbie told you that I persuaded Ricky to go to the party in the first place,” but he makes it clear that she is not responsible.   
"She just needs time to calm down"
He advises her to give Debbie some time, and she will calm down.
“While you were making a show of yourself yesterday, I’m a step closer to knowing who’s responsible,” Mark explains to her, “Ricky got the pills from Sioned.”   
"Sioned spiked his drink?"
Kath is disgusted to think that she spiked his drink, but Mark points out that it was a mistake, and Ricky thought they were painkillers.
"I said he would never take drugs, didn't I?"
“I said he would never take drugs, didn’t I?” he stresses, and Kath regrets that she distrusted him.   
"Now I'm going to find out who the dealer is!"
Mark goes on, “Now I’m going to find out who the dealer is!”   She wonders how that will help Ricky, but he says that it will help him.
Tyler has had a parcel delivery . . .
Tyler is opening a parcel which has just been delivered, but hides it behind his back when Iolo comes in;  
. . . but he is reluctant to let Iolo see it
Iolo demands what it is, and Tyler appears very flustered, demanding what he is doing home.
"I'm not leaving until you tell me what it is!"
“You’re hiding something, and I’m not leaving until you tell me what it is,” insists Iolo, so it is shown to him.   
A surprise present from Tyler
He was going to be presented with it tonight.
It is a watch, which Iolo knows must have cost a fortune;  
"Whatever happens, I love you!"
“I wanted to show you how much you mean to me,” says Tyler, “And I don’t want to lose you.   I want you to know, whatever happens, I love you!”   
Iolo knows there is something more going on
Iolo is a very disturbed by this sudden amorous outburst, and wonders what prompted it.
Gwen puts her change in the collection tin
Gwen is at the bar in the Deri, being served by Garry, 
"That's just wishful thinking"
when Dylan comes in for a coffee;  “Gerwyn said that you had left,” Dani comments, but Dylan dismisses that as wishful thinking;  
"I have to keep an eye on Tapas"
he says he always needs to keep an eye on Tapas.
"No, I'm bang on time!"
Then Aaron comes in, disputing Garry’s claim that he is late;  
"He's doing a spring clean in the cellar"
“He’s doing a spring clean in the cellar,” Garry announces, and Aaron complains that he will not be paid enough.   There is a collecting box on the bar, and Dani explains they are raising money for the Joneses after Ricky’s accident.
“But no-one’s been very generous – what’s wrong with people?” wonders Garry;  
"People don't have much spare cash these days, Garry"
Dani says that people do not have much spare cash these days.   Dylan appreciates that the family must be going through hell, and Dani has heard that Mark is obsessed with finding the drug dealer.
"That's drugs for you, Aaron – it's just not worth it!"
“That’s drugs for you, Aaron – it’s just not worth it!” remarks Dylan, 
"If he needs advice – he has his uncle!"
and Garry irritably points out that if Aaron needs any advice, he has his uncle to ask.
"It's not right to blame Mam!"
Mark rejoins Debbie, who is very tired, waiting for news about Ricky;  “Go and see Mam, will you?   It’s not right to blame her,” he encourages her.   
"I want them to try and wake Ricky up!"
In tears, she says that she wants the doctor to try and wake Ricky up, but he will not listen.   “I can’t stand them waiting – it’s killing me!” she wails, “I just want to know he’ll be OK.”   
"I'm always here for you – you know that"
Mark emphasises that they cannot rush him, and that she has been very strong;  it is his opinion that they are nearly there – he is always there for her, she knows that.
"Don't leave us again, please, Mark!"
“Do I?” she demands, “Don’t leave us again, please, Mark!” but he argues that he has to find out who is responsible.   “I’m so worried about Ricky, I can’t worry about you too!” she insists, “I want you here, so I know you're safe – promise you won't leave me again!”   
He gives her a comforting hug
He gives her a hug, promising that he is not going anywhere.
"No – I don't want to come out tonight!"
In the shop flat, Sioned is on the phone, and is becoming angry;  “No – how many more times?   I don’t want to come out tonight!   Don’t phone me again – right?”   
"Someone's hassling me to go out tonight"
She tells Mathew that it was someone hassling her to go out tonight, but she is not going.   He recalls that he has heard that before, 
"All you and DJ have had from me is abuse"
but she says she means it this time;  “I know I’ve let you down – you and DJ.   You’ve been so good to me – and all you’ve had in return is abuse.”   
"That's right – but we're stuck with you!"
He concurs that her evaluation is quite correct, but stresses that they are stuck with her, and smiles.   
"I'm going to see Ricky"
She is going out, but not to Penrhewl;  she intends to go and see Ricky.   
"Do you think that's a good idea, Sioned?"
Mathew does not consider that a good idea, and she can see that she might upset people.   
"You both need time – all right?"
He is more concerned about her upsetting herself;  “I’m sure Ricky will be fine – and you’ll be fine as well – but you both need time – all right?”   
He gives Sioned a hug
Mathew gives her a hug, and advises her to go to work at Penrhewl.
Debbie and Mark are exhausted
As they sit by Ricky’s bedside, with Debbie’s head on Mark’s shoulder, 
Kath enters silently
Kath comes into the room, and asks if there is room for one more.   
"I've been given the all clear – on strict instructions I keep fit"
“I’ve been given the all clear – on strict instructions to keep fit again.   
"I'm so sorry, Debbie"
“I’m so sorry, Debbie.”   
"I was just looking for someone to blame"
Debbie replies that she is the one who should be sorry – she was just looking for someone to blame.
“But there’s only one person to blame for this,” and Mark declares that it is the dealer.   
Kath is glad of her daughter-in-law's forgiveness
Debbie is now willing to forgive her mother-in-law.
"I'm not sure how to say this, but you smell!"
“Look, Debbie,” begins Mark, “I’m not sure how to say this, but you smell!”   She maintains that he is in much the same condition, and Kath asks what they expect, 
"You've been stuck here for days"
as they have been stuck there for days.   At least she had a shower on the ward.
“Why don’t you go home and have a quick freshen up?” she suggests, 
"I can't leave Ricky on his own"
but Debbie refuses to leave Ricky on his own;  “He won’t be on his own – I shall be with him,” Kath replies, “And if there’s any change, I’ll phone you.”
Mark could do with a bit of fresh air and a shower, 
"No running up and down the corridors"
so Debbie kisses Ricky, and tells him, “You be a good boy, and no running up and down the corridors while I’m away.”   Of course there is no sign of any response.
"You don't like it, do you, Iol?"
Iolo looks at the watch;  “You don’t like it, do you?” groans Tyler, 
"I love it – but I don't want it!"

but on the contrary, Iolo says that he loves it, but he does not want it.
“There’s no sense in spending that much money!” he insists;  Tyler points out that it is his money, and if he wants to spend it on Iolo . . .   
"You haven't been yourself since the party"
“You’re not thinking straight,” Iolo tells him, “You haven’t been yourself since the party, Ty – I think that seeing Ricky fall has affected you – you need some help.”
"A lot of people saw him fall"
Tyler reminds him that a lot of people saw Ricky fall, but Iolo points out that everybody copes with it differently.   He suggests that the Mindfulness classes might be useful.   This is dismissed by Tyler, as is the idea of speaking to the doctor;  
"I just want to be with you!"
“I just want to be with you,” he declares.
"Is there any more bleach, Garry?"
In the Deri, Aaron asks if Garry has any more bleach;  “I just need to mop the floor, then I’m done,” he says, 
"Have you checked the stock and moved the barrels?"
confirming that he has checked the stock and moved the barrels as requested, as well as putting the crisp delivery away.   
Garry hopes that the floor will be left shining, 
"He doesn't appreciate you"
and when he goes to get more bleach, Dylan comments, “He doesn’t appreciate you.”   Aaron replies that is what Garry is like, and he is used to it.   “You’re not afraid of hard work,” says Dylan, and Aaron admits that he needs the money.
"How do you feel about doing a few jobs for me?"
“How do you feel about doing a few jobs for me?” Dylan asks, 
"What sort of jobs?"
“You know – this and that.   Come over to Tapas for a chat when you have a chance – 
"But don't tell Garry"
“but don’t tell Garry – I don’t want him to think I’m stealing his staff!”   As Aaron goes to finish his work, 
The tin has just had a large infusion of cash
Dylan puts a large amount of money in the collection tin, and leaves the Deri.
The Joneses are home again
Mark and Debbie arrive home at Maes-y-Deri, 
"It doesn't feel like home without Ricky!"
but it does not feel like home without Ricky;  Debbie looks at the snow globe they brought Ricky back from London, and Mark decides, “We’ll get him something decent when he’s better.”
"I should be there, with him!"
She is not happy, being home, insisting that she should be with him;  Mark encourages her to go upstairs for a while, and he will make some tea and toast.   
Mark looks at the snow globe
Then he, too, looks at the snow globe and sighs.   
"I have to go to the shop for some milk!"
He shouts upstairs to Debbie, “I have to go to the shop – we don’t have any milk!”
"You said that I have to look after myself"
In the hospital, Kath is talking to Ricky;  “You were right – again!   You said, didn’t you, that I have to look after myself.   We’ll go for that walk when you’re better – a walk, I said – I’m not running.   I don’t run for anybody, not even you.   You’ll be a fantastic nurse, do you know that?   It’s part of you, to look after people – it’s in your nature.   
"Now we have to look after you . . . and I failed!"
“But before then, we’ll have to look after you – that’s supposed to be my job, keeping you safe . . . and I failed!   
"If I knew you would get hurt . . ."
“If I knew that you would get hurt, Ricky, love . . . I’m so sorry.”
The amount of cash amazes Dani
Dani is amazed to see that the amount of money in the tin, marked ‘Ricky Jones Collection’, has suddenly increased greatly;  “Gar, there’s £200 here!” she says, and he too thinks that it is rather strange.   
"It was Dylan"
Aaron tells them that it was Dylan;  “I saw him put some in.”  
"He doesn't know the Joneses well"
Dani is surprised, as he does not know the Joneses well.   
"Whisky, please"
A customer comes to the bar, and requests a whisky;  Garry asks Dani to get it, 
"Envelope, Garry"
then she notices the envelope containing Aaron’s pay.   Garry hurries out to catch up with him.
Eagle-eyed Mark notices . . .
Mark is walking across the road to the shop 
. . . money changing hands
when he sees Garry come out of the Deri and hand Aaron the envelope;  as Mark is watching this, Mathew approaches, and asks how Ricky is.  
"I know who's selling the drugs!"
“I know who’s selling the drugs!” Mark announces, but Mathew cannot believe it is Garry.
"Look at him, laughing and joking!"
“He turned up at the hospital without an explanation – look at him, laughing and joking as if nothing is wrong!” Mark goes on, 
"You can't accuse him without proof, Mark"
but Mathew reminds him that he cannot make accusations without proof.   “Right, I’ll find proof, then!” Mark exclaims.
"Where's Sioned?"
Mathew thinks it wise to follow him up to the shop flat, where he is very eager to speak to Sioned;  
"Come on, Mark, calm down!"
he urges Mark to calm down.   
"Your phone – give it to me!"
At that moment she walks in, and Mark demands, “Your phone – give it to me!   
"Where's the dealer's number?"
“Right, where is it – the dealer’s number?”   
She tells him that it is at the top, “Just a star, not a name.”   
Mark dashes off with the phone
He finds it, and rushes out of the flat;  Mathew says that he is going to see Garry, and he is followed by both Mathew and Sioned.
"I'm always going to be here for you, Ty"
Iolo has persuaded Tyler to come out for walk, and assures him, “I’m always going to be here for you – OK, you’re not ready to talk, and I won’t pressure you, but when you are ready . . .”
"Stop being nice to me – I don't deserve it!"
Tyler snarls, “Just stop!   Stop being nice to me, because I don’t deserve it!   
Mark is on his mission
“I’ve done something stupid!”   In the background can be seen Mark heading purposefully towards the Deri, with Sioned and Mathew chasing after him.   Mathew advises Sioned to leave him, but she refuses to give up the pursuit.
"Gareth, Gwion – Gwenallt?"
Inside the Deri, Garry is looking at suggested names for the baby;  “Gareth, Gwion – Gwenallt?   You never hear of babies being named Garry,” 
"That will not be on the list!"
but Dani is adamant that name will not be going on the list.
"You put Ricky in a coma!"
Mark walks resolutely in and demands, “How could you?   You put Ricky in a coma!”   
"What are you on about?"
Garry has no idea what he is talking about, but Mark continues, at the top of his voice, “You’re the one selling pills!   Ricky could die because of you.   You’ve got a cheek – turning up at the hospital – you’re the dealer!”
"Look, I know you're upset, Mark'
Garry can understand that he is upset, but Mark goes on, “Aaron’s helping you – I saw you give him an envelope outside – with drug money!”   
"That was for cleaning the cellar!"
He regards Garry’s insistence that it was for cleaning the cellar as a lie, just like everything else that comes out of his mouth.
"Are you going to confess or not?"
“Are you going to confess, or what?” Mark demands, 
"Why don't we play a little game?"
“Right, this is the dealer’s number – why don’t we play a little game?”   
Garry is prepared to go along with this
Garry readily agrees to this suggestion, holding up his phone;  
Mark dials the dealer's number . . .
when Mark dials the dealer’s number, 
. . . but Garry's phone remains silent
Garry’s phone does not make a sound.
The actual dealer looks at his – or her – phone
However, we do see the phone that is ringing;  a hand removes it from a black bag, and on seeing the identity of the caller, rejects the call.
Mark's experiment did not go as planned
Mark is devastated, 
"I'm sorry, Garry!"
and in tears tells Garry he is sorry;  Garry can appreciate his frustration 
Garry hugs him
and gives him a hug, while Sioned is also in tears.