21 August 2019 (1st)

"Blackberry jelly!"
Sioned, still wearing her pyjamas, has just made coffee when her mother walks in, and says, “Blackberry jelly!”   Sioned thinks this is rather a strange greeting, 
"Mrs Pounder at the tea shop always gets priority"
but Eileen continues, “We’re out of stock, because you sold what we had to the garage on Llanarthur Road.   You know we have very little stock left every year, and Mrs Pounder in the tea shop gets priority.”
"She'll be fine with one of the other jellies"
Sioned insists that she will be fine with one of the other jellies, but Eileen goes on, “I thought you would be at Penrhewl first thing to sort these orders out,” but is told that there is no hurry.  
"I thought you wanted to do this properly"
“Yes, there is – after our chat last week, I thought you wanted to do this properly.   You promised to get on top of it, but these orders are still wrong!”
"I'll look at them today"
Sioned agrees to look at them today, 
"Remember we have a business to run, Sioned"
and her mother reminds her they have a business to run;  “I want you to succeed, Sioned, please,” she says as she goes.   
Sioned is fed up with everything
Sioned sits on the sofa and looks fed up.
"You're not going to sell it to me?"
“You’re not going to sell it to me?” rages Jim in the shop, 
Llinos keeps a firm grasp on the Galaxy chocolate
as Llinos refuses to let him have a bar of Galaxy chocolate, “I can’t believe this!   It’s Eileen’s shop – I could help myself to a box of chocolates – now, give it to me!” he demands.
Eileen points out that it was her instruction
He does not see Eileen standing behind him, and she informs him, “I’ve told everyone who works here not to sell you sweet things!   It’s for your own good.”   
She tells Llinos she can take her break now, 
"Eileen's refusing to sell me chocolate!"
as Jim announces to anyone who will listen, “Eileen’s refusing to sell me chocolates,” and Eileen advises DJ that he is cutting down on anything containing sugar.   
"Well, someone's looking after you, Jimbo!"
DJ considers that it is nice that someone is looking after him.
Jim picks up Huwi’s car seat and tells him, “There are other places where you can buy sweet things.”   
"I've told Kelly not to serve you!"
Eileen points out that she has told Kelly not to serve him either.   
"I'll have the chocolate, then"
DJ will take the bar of chocolate, and is asked if he has spoken to Sioned recently;  Eileen would like him to have a word with her.   
"I know she's not all right"
“She says she’s all right, but I know that she’s not.”  
"I'll go and share the chocolate with her"
He thinks that he may go and share the chocolate with her;  
He waves the chocolate like a flag of truce
when he arrives in the flat, Sioned groans, “I don’t know why you bother with me – I’ve ruined everything between us.   
"I've made a mess of everything!"
“I’ve been an idiot and made a mess of everything.”   
"Yes, you haven't had the best month, have you, Sioned?"
He concedes that she has not had the best month, and she goes on, “And I’ve messed up the Cae Glas orders.”
"Everyone makes mistakes"
DJ sits beside her, and reminds her that everyone makes mistakes;  
"No-one makes them as often as me!"
“But no-one makes them as often as me!” she snarls.   He maintains that she is simply going through a rough patch, and he is here to help her through it.
“You can help me, too – I don’t fancy having lunch in the Deri on my own,” he adds, 
"No, I don't think so"
but she is not keen on it;
"Look, you've got half an hour"
“Come on, you’ve got half an hour – I’ll be waiting for you – and I’m paying.”   
He has managed to make her smile
At least, Sioned is now smiling.
"Two boxes for you, Ffi"
At Cysgod y Glyn, Rhys brings in a couple of boxes which have just been delivered for Ffion;  she advises that they are really for him, and tells him to close his eyes.   
Ffion models the sports headband
She dons a red sports headband bearing the words CHWYS RHYS, which translates as ‘Rhys Sweat’.
"Hey, that's great, Ffi!"
He is very impressed, and she says that they came from a website selling retro goods;  
"Use them as a marketing gimmick"
“I thought you could hand them out as a marketing gimmick – it would get people talking.”   
"You look like an 80s tennis player"
When he puts one on, she says that he looks like an 80s tennis player.
"That's before my time!"
“You would remember that – it’s a bit before my time,” he remarks, and she produces matching wristbands as well.   
"We deserve to have some fun!"
Ffion thinks that they deserve some fun after recent events.
"Fancy a bob, do you – or highlights?"
In the Deri, Dani has found a hairdressing magazine, and is surprised to hear that it is Garry’s;  “Fancy a bob, do you – or highlights?   Actually a fringe would suit you,” she comments.
"I think we should buy the salon building"
He informs her, “The salon building – I think we should buy it – it could be a goldmine.”   Dani wonders when he was going to discuss this with her, 
"Haven't we got enough already, Gar?"
and emphasises that they already have the Deri, the taxi company and the garage.
"You were desperate to have it when Gwyneth stole it"
“Dan, it’s a great opportunity to develop a new business right next door – you were desperate to have it when Gwyneth stole it!” he says, 
"That was just the J&S business, Gar"
but she points out she wanted the J&S business, not the building.
"We can kick Gwyneth out!"
Garry has it all worked out;  “We can kick Gwyneth out and start a new business,” but she insists that it is not the right time;  
"We have a toddler and a baby on the way"
they have a toddler and another baby on the way.   She describes the idea as ‘nuts!’   
"What if that guy Dylan buys it?"

Nevertheless he goes on, “What if that guy Dylan buys it, and opens a gin bar, or a cocktail bar?   It will be game over then.”
"You don't want Dylan to have a bigger empire than yours!"
“You just want to stop Dylan building an empire that’s bigger than yours!” Dani exclaims;  He is quick to stresses that it is not his empire, 
"It's what Sheryl would want"
but theirs, and considers it too good a chance to miss – adding that it is what Sheryl would want.
"Two orange and lemonades, please, Dani"
DJ has come to the bar and orders two orange and lemonades;  he tells Dani that he is waiting for Sioned, and also looks through the hairdressing magazine.   
"Do you think this would suit me?"
“Do you think this would suit me?” he asks Dani, 
"It would take ages to grow that long"
but she thinks it would take ages to grow it that long, and he would have to get it cut quite often.
"I've heard that Gwyneth is going to buy the salon"
“Lucky that Gwyneth is not going anywhere, then,” he comments, “I’ve heard that she’s going to buy the salon building.”   
This puts things in a completely new light
This comes as a shock to Dani.
Now Jim's anger is aimed at Gwen
“One muffin – that’s all I want – and you’re refusing?” Jim shouts at Gwen at the café, as she has also been instructed by Eileen not to serve him with anything containing sugar.   
"There's an embargo on sweet things, apparently!"
Sara wants to know what is going on, and he loudly informs her, “There’s an embargo on sweet things, apparently!   Eileen has told people not to sell them to me!”
"Eileen may have a point, Jim"
Sara is of the opinion that Eileen may have a point;  
"Did I ask you?"
“Did I ask you?” Jim roars, 
"She's worried about you getting diabetes"
but she replies that Eileen must be worried about him getting diabetes.   “Well, I’ll just have to go somewhere else – 
"Tell Kelly her flapjacks taste like sawdust!"
“and you can tell Kelly that her flapjacks taste like sawdust!”   He marches out of the café, 
He appears to have left something behind
omitting to take Huwi with him.
Jim gets into the car . . .
Jim storms back to the car, parked by the chippy, gets in, 
. . . sees a man pushing a pram . . .
then notices a man passing, pushing a pram.   He turns round, 
. . . and realises what is missing
and sees that Huwi is not on the back seat.   
He frantically rushes back to the café . . .
He jumps out of the car, shouting, “Huwi!” and races back to the café.
. . . where Sara is receiving her order
Gwen hands her order to Sara as Jim comes back in, and is informed that Huwi was with Brenda;  
"Brenda may have taken him to number 10"
“Didn’t you see them – she might have taken him to number 10.   He leaves again in pursuit of his son.
Garry serves John Post's pint
In the Deri, Garry has just served John Post with his pint 
"Can we afford it, Gar?"
when Dani enquires, “Can we afford it?” and he thinks she is starting to see sense.   “DJ said that Gwyneth is going to buy the place – no way would Sheryl want that!”   
"All the more reason to go for it!"
Garry regards that as more of a reason to go for it, 
"I've booked a table at Tapas"
and announces that they should celebrate;  he has booked a table at Tapas.   
"I don't want to go and wind up Dylan"
Dani warns that she is not going there to wind Dylan up, but he replies that Dylan invited them, 
"It would be rude to refuse the invitation"
and it would be rude to refuse;  he tells her to be ready by seven o’clock.
"You're being too hard on yourself, Sioned"
DJ takes some menus across to the table, where Sioned has now arrived;  he tells her, “You’re being too hard on yourself – look at what you’ve achieved, and the experiences you’ve had.”   She is reluctant just think about them, but he emphasises he is referring to the positive ones;  
"Throw yourself into your work"
“You need some focus – throw yourself into your work – sort out the Cae Glas orders.”
"Mam thinks I'm hopeless!"
Sioned whines that her mother thinks she is hopeless;  
"Well, prove that you're not, then!"
“Well, prove that you’re not, then, instead of looking for sympathy.”
"Jim is overjoyed to be reunited with Huwi-John"
Jim has now located Huwi, at number 10, and is told, “You’re lucky that Auntie Brenda took him, not anyone else.”   He is shaking and apologising to Huwi, but Brenda reassures him that she did the same with Gerwyn several times.   
The kettle's just boiled"
“The kettle’s just boiled – and do you want some of Auntie Brenda’s sponge?   Sugar will do you good – you’ve had a shock.”
"Auntie Brenda's 'home-made' sponge!"
Discarding the wrapper in the bin, she maintains that it is a home-made cake, 
This is irresistible to Jim
and Jim looks longingly at it.
"Rhys, I'm sorry for what I said last week"
In the village street, Sioned runs after Rhys and apologises for the things she said last week;  
"We used to be be mates"
“I should have left you alone – I didn’t want to hurt Ffion, and especially not you – we used to be mates.”   
"Well, I suppose we still are"
He supposes that they still are, 
Ffion is watching from a distance
and she gives him a hug;  in the background, by the shop, Ffion can be seen watching them.
He runs across to Ffion and points out, “She was the one who hugged me – I didn’t want to.”   
"I know – I was watching"
Ffion understands this, and he describes Sioned as really weird, but she advises that they should keep Sioned as a friend, rather than an enemy.
"I've seen an online sale of gym equipment"
“Right – I’ve seen a sale of gym equipment online – perhaps we can order a few things,” she says, 
They head back home
and they walk towards Cysgod y Glyn.
Garry and Dani arrive at Tapas
Garry and Dani arrive at Tapas, and Sara confirms that they have booked online;  “As I’m here, I might as well try your craft beer,” says Garry, 
"Try the Cic yr Afr"
and Dylan recommends Cic yr Afr (Goat Kick), pointing out that it is stronger than the Deri’s craft beer.   Then he goes to check that the table is ready.
Dani has been thinking, and suggests, “The salon needs a bit of work – a rebrand, perhaps,” 
"You're more keen that I am now!"
and Garry realises that now she is more keen than he is.   “Gwyneth is not getting it, if we can afford it!” she decides.
Gwyneth is collecting her order
At that moment, none other than Gwyneth comes in to collect her takeaway meal;  
"I assume you've heard about my plans"
“I assume you’ve heard about my plans,” she begins, 
"Going to be a mobile hairdresser, are you?"
and Garry thinks that she must be going mobile, as he and Dani are going to buy the salon.
"Assuming you've got enough money"
Gwyneth goes on, “I thought you would be interested, assuming you’ve got enough money to make a better offer than me.”   She is given her meal, and leaves, hoping that they enjoy their evening.   Their table is now ready, and Dylan leads them through.
Sioned has sorted things out
Eileen hears someone coming into Penrhewl and assumes it is Jim;  actually it is Sioned, who has finished checking the paperwork, and announces that the orders and the stock are now all correct.   
"I've been to the garage and the tea rooms"
She has visited the garage and the tea rooms to sort things out;  now Mrs Pounder is quite happy.
"I haven't been concentrating on Cae Glas"
“You’re right – I haven’t been concentrating on Cae Glas at all, but I know I can do it,” Sioned insists;    
"How many times have I heard that?"
Eileen has heard that before, but is assured that Sioned means it this time;  
"I won't let you down, Mam"
“This is what I want to do – I won’t let you down.”  
Eileen thinks that perhaps Sioned can go instead of her to show samples of ice cream to a potential client;  “It is at Tapas – with Dylan,” she says, 
Sioned puts on a brave face
and Sioned does her best to look confident.
"What's wrong, then?"
Jim comes in, and seeing Sioned there, presumes that something is wrong, he assures Eileen that Huwi has been very good today, 
Sioned warns him some cake crumbs are visible
and Sioned signals to him that the remains of some cake is visible around his mouth.   “As you’ve been so good, not eating anything sweet all day, 
Eileen will allow him one biscuit
“you can have one biscuit with your tea,” Eileen tells him.
He replies that, as he has gone without anything all day, 
Jim winks at Sioned 
he is sure that he can manage without a biscuit tonight.   Eileen will go through everything tomorrow with Sioned, and is confident that she will be fine.
Dani is suffering from frequent visits to the toilet
As they are leaving Tapas, Garry says to Dani, “If you’re busting, go now – I have to sort the bill out.”   
"Dylan said this meal would be his treat"
Then he tells Sara that there has been a misunderstanding, as Dylan said this meal would be his treat;  while she goes to check with him, 
Garry does some more investigation
Garry does some snooping behind the reception desk, and Dylan catches him doing so.
"Found what you're looking for this time?"
“Have you found what you’re looking for this time?” Dylan asks, and Garry puts on his best ‘menacing’ look.
"You're dealing – I know you are!"
“You’re dealing – I know you are!” he says, which makes Dylan laugh, and Garry continues, “I know a crook when I see one!”   
"I run an honest business, Garry"
Dylan replies that he runs an honest business, but Garry is quite convinced, 
"That's why Ricky's in hospital"
“You’re dealing – that’s how you make your money, and that’s why Ricky’s in hospital.”
"I think the Cic yr Afr has gone to your head!"
Dylan repeats that he does not know what Garry is talking about;  “I think that Cic yr Afr has gone to your head!”
"I'll be watching you"
“Wherever you go, whatever you do, I’ll be watching you – if I find an ounce of evidence, 
"I'm going to shut your 'honest business' down – understand?"
“I’m going to shut your ‘honest business’ down, do you understand?”   Dani has returned and overhears the threat.
Garry says that they have sorted out the bill, and thanks Dylan for the food, which was very nice.   
"I'm not going to stock thius craft beer any more"
As they are about to leave, Dylan announces he is not going to stock this craft beer any more, but is having a change of policy;  
"We should offer something different"
“I think it’s important that we offer something different as small businesses,” he says
Sara does not look happy about what is going on.
Dylan turns to find he is being stared at by Sara.