10 January 2019

"I've got loads of invoices to sort out"
Sara returns home unexpectedly, as she has left some papers behind, and is in a hurry;  “I’ve got loads of invoices to sort out,” she moans, and dismisses Jason’s offer of help, 
"I was only trying to be nice!"
so he says he was only trying to be nice.   
She suspects that something is going on, 
"Can't I be nice to you without something going on?"
and he protests, “Can’t I be nice to my wife without something going on?”   
"Right, I must go!"
She dashes off to Awyr Iach, and he immediately gets out his phone, leaving a message for Mark.
"Mark, can you do me a huge favour?"
“Mark, it’s Jason Francis – can you do me a huge favour, please?   
"Bring the post to the house instead of Awyr Iach?"
“It’s very important – could you possibly bring the post to the house, instead of Awyr Iach this morning?   I’ll buy you a pint!”
Debbie has confiscated Ricky's game console
At Maes-y-Deri, Debbie is complaining, “If Ricky’s not well enough to work, he’s not well enough to play with this!”   She has confiscated his game console, 
"He has a work allergy!"
and adds, “He has an allergy to work!”   Kath says Debbie sent Mark back to work too early, after last week; but she replies, “He said he was all right.” 
"Where are you going, then?"
Debbie asks where Kath is going, as she puts on her coat;  Kath replies that she is going to the surgery, and is late;  
"To the Well Woman clinic"
“I’m going to the Well Woman clinic – you’re very nosy today, aren’t you?   If you must know, after what happened to Gwyneth last week, I think it’s important we learn to look after ourselves.”
Debbie comes to the conclusion she has one hypochondriac and one slacker in the house.
Aaron is busy on his phone . . .
On the seat near the alley, Aaron is engrossed with his phone when Gaynor notices him;  
. . . but fails to evade the headmistress
he is about to flee, but she says, “Too late, Aaron Monk!”   
"I was on the way to the dentist's"
He maintains that he was on his way to the dentist’s, but she immediately sees through this excuse;  
"I don't want to have to make it official"
“You don’t have to lie to me – although I’m not at school, I’m here for you – and I don’t want to have to make it official.   Off you go to catch the next bus.”
Things are busy in Awyr Iach
Sara is on the phone in Awyr Iach when Brenda comes in, with a garment which needs repair;  
"The French seam has gone"
apparently the French seam has gone.   
"Sorry, we don't sew personal items"
Sara advises that they do not sew personal items, but Brenda protests, “The bulb on my machine is broken – and it’s a big night at the bingo!   
Brenda used to make underwear in Carmarthen
“Back in the day, if you were wearing underwear in Carmarthen, there’s a good chance these hands had made them – before my arthritis!”   Sara finds it difficult to refuse.
"You'll be lucky!"
Rhys comes in with some more of his flyers;  he is aiming to sign up one new client every day.   DJ regards this as highly unlikely, 
"If I get a new client today – will you buy me a pint?"
so Rhys proposes, “If I get a new client today, will you buy me a pint?” and DJ agrees.
"Post for Awyr Iach!"
Mark comes in, and leaves a bundle of post for Awyr Iach, which DJ sorts through, 
DJ finds an envelope addessed to him . . . 
and finds a letter, from Banc Dyfed, addressed to him, 
. . . containing a credit card
containing a credit card.   He asks Sara if she knows anything about it, but she is too busy to reply.
"Breakfast, Colin!"
Britt is cooking breakfast when Colin, accompanied by Gaynor, arrives;  Gaynor is concerned about Aaron, who did not go to school this morning.   
"Aaron is not his usual self . . ."
She adds, “A few teachers have suggested that he has not been his usual self recently.   He seems happy with his friends – but it is as if something is bothering him.   
". . . perhaps he should talk to someone"
“Perhaps he should talk to someone.”
Britt goes off the deep end, again
Britt immediately flies into a rage;  “Something at home, you mean!   That’s what you’re trying to say, but you’re too polite to say it!”   Gaynor argues that Britt has misunderstood, 
"Go and interfere in someone else's life, Gaynor!"
but the irate answer is, “I don’t think I have!   Go and interfere in someone else’s life, Gaynor!”   
Colin apologises to Gaynor, who will speak with him again;  “Oh, I’m sure you will,” exclaims Britt, 
"Maybe you'll persuade him to move in with you again!"
“And maybe you’ll persuade him to move in with you again – because that was very cosy, wasn’t it?”   
What a waste of good egg and bacon!
She throws the egg and bacon into the bin, complete with the frying pan.
"What's the verdict, then?"
Kath comes into the Deri, and orders a pint;  Debbie asks if she has had bad news. “I’m cock-a-hoop!” is the reply, “I’m going to do the can-can on the bar now!   
"High blood pressure can cause strokes!"
My blood pressure is high – and high blood pressure can cause strokes!”   Debbie advises her to cool down now, before she bursts something, and accuses her of panicking.
"He wouldn't give me tablets – because of my history!"
“The locum wouldn’t give me any tablets because of my history!” Kath groans, 
"But I got a referral to the gym!"
“But I got a prescription – a referral to the gym!”   
Debbie is amused
Debbie finds the thought of this highly amusing, and hands over one of Rhys’ flyers.   
"He's not going to accept referrals, is he?"
“Someone like Rhys isn’t going to accept referrals, is he?” asks Kath.
"The last thing I want to do is lose you"
Britt has calmed down by this time, and assures Colin that the last thing she wants to do is to lose him;  
"What if there is something wrong with me?"
“What if you were right from the start?   That I’m ill – there is something wrong with me?”
"The first step is to talk to someone"
He suggests that they will have to get it sorted out – together;  “The first step would be to talk to someone – a GP, perhaps.   
"Making an appointment wouldn't do any harm"
“You could always make an appointment – it wouldn’t do any harm.”   
Britt embraces him
Britt is very unsure about this, and throws her arms around him.
"I was waiting for the post to arrive!"
Jason is sitting at home, waiting anxiously for the post;  when there is a knock on the door, he finds that it is DJ, not the postman.   “I was waiting for the post to arrive!” Jason snarls, “I’m sure he goes more slowly each day!”
"I don't think I neerd a company credit card"
DJ informs him that the post has already been, and shows Jason what came for him;  “I don’t think I need a company credit card,” says DJ, and Jason tells him that it was a mistake – what is known as an administrative error.   
"It's too much responsibility"
DJ is very nervous about things like credit cards, as it is too much responsibility.
Jason will immediately cut it up, so that no-one can use it;  
Jason makes a great show of cutting up the card
“I may as well do it now, while you’re here to witness it.”   DJ now feels much better, and says that Sara wants the order book, which Jason hands over, 
"Sara didn't see the card, did she?"
asking whether Sara saw the credit card.   DJ replies that she was too busy, and goes back to Awyr Iach.
Jason still has the card number – that is what he wants
Jason breathes a sigh of relief, sits down and pieces together the credit card, so that he can read the number.
Kath is strenuously exercising . . .
Kath is doing step-ups while holding two tins of baked beans, under Rhys’ supervision;  
. . . and then collapses, exhausted
then she collapses on to the sofa, as Debbie comments that it is lucky Rhys takes referrals.   
"You're lucky I don't have the energy to give you a slap!"
“You’re lucky I don’t have the energy to give you a slap!” is Kath’s reply.   
"I'm surprised by your stamina!"
Rhys says that he is really surprised by her stamina, and she explains, “You need it if you live with this lot!   I don’t want to see another tin of baked beans for a while!”
"You've been going for nearly an hour"
He encourages her that they can relax later;  “You’ve been going for almost an hour.   
"Now, we're going to run to the village"
“To finish off, we’re going to run to the village.   Run for a minute, walk for a minute – both of us together.   
"It will be worth it when the blood pressure is back to normal"
“It will be worth it when that blood pressure is back to normal.”   
For a change, this is the Gizza Gamble site . . .
Jason is back on the online roulette, this time on the Gizza Gamble website, 
. . . but he still loses . . .
but as usual he loses, 
. . . and has even reached his daily limit
and has reached his daily limit, which causes him some frustration.   
"I'm in the middle of paperwork, Dai!"
Then his mobile phone sounds;  he tells Dai that he is in the middle of paperwork. 
"Can't you go over there to tighten a nut?"
“Can’t you go over there to tighten a nut?   All right, tell her I will be over there now!”
He goes to the cupboard . . . 
He goes to the cupboard under the stairs 
. . . for what looks like Ifan's bank book
and removes a bank book;  then he asks himself, “What are you doing?”
"I don't think I'll need this key any longer"
Colin goes to see Gaynor, and is bringing back her front door key;  “I don’t think I’ll need it again.   
"She's decided to go and see a GP"
About earlier – after she cooled down, Britt realised how unreasonable she was – and because of that, she’s decided to go and see someone – a GP.”   
Gaynor is glad to hear it
Gaynor is very glad to hear it;  Colin admits that it will not be easy, but is a step in the right direction.   
"Thanks for being such a good friend, Gaynor!"
He thanks Gaynor being such a good friend.
"I'd give you 7 out of 10 for that!"
In the street, Brenda is quite impressed with the repair which Sara has made;  “I’d give you 7 out of 10 for that!”  
"How about you buy me a G&T?"
Sara suggests that Brenda could buy her a G&T in the Deri for her trouble.
The athletic Kath arrives in the High Street
Round the corner come Kath and Rhys, who says that she is doing fine, 
"You should be very proud of yourself"
and should be very proud of herself.   Jason comes out of the door of number 9, looking angry;  he tells Sara he has a little plumbing job to do, and then happens to meet Mark in the alley.
"Thanks a bunch for not helping me!"
Jason snarls, “Thanks a bunch for not helping me – I wasn’t asking much!”   Mark has no idea what he is talking about, 
"You could have ruined everything for me!"
and Jason continues to rant, “The post!   You could have ruined everything for me!”   Sara and Debbie come running, to find out what this altercation is all about, 
"Check your phone, then!"
and Jason yells, “Check your phone, then!”
Debbie informs him that Mark’s phone has not worked for days, and maintains that Jason should be locked up.   Sara orders him to go home now.
"The only explanation is you're gambling again!"
Once inside number 9, she demands what it was all about;  “The the only explanation is that you’re gambling again, aren’t you?”   He demands what he is supposed to gamble with, as she has taken all his money from him.   
"You're frustrated – or depressed!"
Then she realises that this is frustration, because she is managing the way he is spending his money.
“Are you depressed?   Is that what it is, because you don’t go out?” she shrieks, 
"Well, that doesn't help!"
and he replies that it does not help, but he cannot talk to her after all the suffering he has caused – by gambling.
“I threw away a lot of money that we both worked so hard to save!” he exclaims, 
"You still have to enjoy yourself"
but she points out that he still has to go out and see friends – enjoy himself.   He is adamant that he does not deserve to enjoy himself, and Sara ends up apologising to him.
"We're going to do special things together"
“From now on, I’m going to make sure you go out with the lads at least once a week, and that we do special things together, and go out bit more,” she proposes, 
"That would be nice"
and he says that would be nice.
“I have to go back to work to say I’m finishing early,” she goes on, but he insists that she does not need to do that.   
"I'll ask Diane to look after Ifan tonight"
“And I’ll ask Diane to look after Ifan tonight, so that we can have one night’s undisturbed sleep.”
"I don't deserve you!" — no, he certainly does not!
“I don’t deserve you,” Jason says, 
"You mean the world to me and Ifan"
and she assures him that he means the world to her and to Ifan.   She must remember to tell him that more often.   
He dissolves into tears
As she leaves the house, he dissolves into tears.
Mark just wants to go home
In the Deri, Debbie encourages Mark to sue Jason, but he just wants to go home.   At the bar, Rhys hands Kath a pint, 
Kath actually refuses a pint
but she does not want to spoil that hard work.   
"Twice a week for the next three months!"
She insists that he should meet her twice a week for the next three months.
"You owe me a pint – meet the new client!"
DJ comes in and is told that he owes Rhys a pint;  he introduces the new client of the day, Kath, who it appears is feeling the strain already.
Jason washes his face . . .
Jason washes his face, then throws down the towel on a baby’s toy 
. . . and the sound of a baby's cry makes him stop and think
which emits a crying sound.   He looks very guilty, takes out his phone 
He deletes the gambling apps from his phone
and promptly deletes the gambling apps on it.
"I'd like to make an appointment, as soon as possible"
Britt is on the phone;  “I’d like to make an appointment, please, with Dr Griffiths.   As soon as possible, please – next Tuesday?   
"That will be fine"
“That will be fine – at 10 o’clock.”   But before she can give her name, Colin returns, and she ends the call.
Colin has brought her flowers
He has bought her some flowers;  
"Did you phone the surgery?"
“I wanted you to know that I love you,” he says, “Did you phone the surgery?”   
"Appointment next Tuesday at ten"
She tells him that she has an appointment next Tuesday at ten.   
"You're doing the right thing, you know"
“Britt, you’re doing the right thing, you know,” he assures her, “Everything will be all right from now on, you’ll see.”   
She has a guilty look about her
She hugs him.