9 January 2019

Kelly has had to bring Britt home
Britt frantically returns to her flat, shouting for Colin;  Kelly has brought her home and informs someone, “I had to bring her home because she nearly hyperventilated in the café!”  
Britt has worked herself into a panic
Britt is panic-stricken because he is not at home;  “The deliveries should have taken half an hour – not two hours!”   
"He's probably stopped for a cup of tea"
Kelly reminds her what Colin is like, having probably stopped for a cup of tea, but this does nothing to calm Britt, who imagines him lying in a ditch somewhere.
Britt is all fingers and thumbs with her phone
“After last week, these things do happen, Kelly!” she squeals, but Kelly is sure that there is a logical explanation, while Britt fumbles with her phone to call Colin again.
"Nefi wen!"
At Bryntirion, Dai is once again seething with rage;  “Nefi wen!” he shouts as he opens a letter, and tells Diane, “It’s that Brinley – he’s banned me from the golf club for a week!   After everything I’ve done for that club!”
"He's got it in for me!"
Diane wants to know why he has been banned, and he rages, “Because he’s got it in for me!”   
"Unreasonable and threatening behaviour?"
Diane seizes the letter and reads that the ban is for unreasonable and threatening behaviour.   Dai continues, “The lady captain reported me for wearing the wrong shoes – I only wanted to hit a few balls.   
"I told her where she could stuff her shoes!"
“I told her where she could stuff her shoes!   
"Don't start with the 'Oh, Dai!' again"
“And don’t you start with the ‘Oh, Dai!’ again.”
"Or you'll find yourself in the bed next to Gwyneth!"
Diane tells him it is time he calmed down;  “Or you’ll find yourself in the bed next to Gwyneth!”   He replies that the world is against him as it is, and pleads with her not to join them.   
"Come to the mindfulness session"
“You need help, Dai,” she says, and suggests, “Why don’t you come with me later to Ffion’s mindfulness session?”
"I don't need any help!"
He is quite adamant that he does not need any help, but she is equally convinced that he is not OK.   “Why don’t you tell me what’s going on in your head?” she asks, “You’re making DJ ill with worry – tell me.”
"I regret not helping the Almighty finish the job!"
He sighs, and begins, “When Gwyneth Jones had her heart attack, I was there with her – and now I regret not helping the Almighty to finish the job!”
"You can't be serious, Dai!"
Diane is taken aback by his words, and cannot believe tat he is serious, but he assures her, “I am – after everything she’s done to me over the years – yes, I am, Diane!”   
Dai goes off down to the pub
She is convinced that it is the shock talking, but he abruptly picks up his coat and says that he is going out;  “To talk to one that understands my predicament – the bottom of a pint glass!”
"Who do I have to phone?"
Britt is at the end of her tether;  she demands, “Who do I have to phone?   The police or ambulance?”   
Then a voice is heard coming up the stairs;  “I hope you’ve put the kettle on, Britt!” 
Kelly is very relieved
and Kelly breathes a sigh of relief.   Britt tries to hug Colin, 
"No – I'm covered with oil!"
but he warns her that he is covered with oil;  “A puncture – and the wheel nuts were so rusty!”
"Why didn't you phone, Col?"
Britt asks why he did not phone, and he replies that his phone battery hates the cold weather;  “I’ve had a day to forget, boys!” he exclaims.   Kelly is also complaining that Ricky is off with a bug, and she has to set up the café for Ffion’s mindfulness class.
"Perhaps you should try it, Britt"
Then she stops to consider, “Perhaps you should try it, Britt – it could help you calm down in an emergency . . . that isn’t an emergency.   You’re welcome to come – I don’t think many will turn up, and Ffion will be gutted.”
"I must have a wash first"
Colin wants to get warmed up and have a wash first;  he thanks Kelly for looking after Britt, and she returns to the café.
Britt apologises to Colin for making such a fuss, and he says, “It’s nice to know that someone cares about me – and stop saying sorry.   
"It would be nice to do something together"
“Perhaps Kelly has a point about this mindfulness session – it would be nice to do something together.”   
Britt hugs Colin
She hugs him.
“I thought that we were going to start eating healthily,” insists Dani, as Garry puts shopping away in the fridge, 
"You deserve to be spoiled"
and tells her that she deserves to be spoiled, because he loves her.   She sees through this;  
"You still don't believe me, do you?"
“If you think you can grovel – you still don’t believe me, do you?”
"Is it OK to come to you for a while?"
She looks at Garry’s phone, and reads the message, “Doctors think I can leave next week – is it still OK if I come to you for a while for Gwern’s sake?”   He assures her that she would not do that, so she instructs him, 
"Tell Gwyneth where to go – now!
“Tell Gwyneth where to go – now!   But make sure that Gwern’s Mami doesn’t bamboozle you with more lies!”   
Pineapple – for the Pina Colada, presumably
She continues unpacking the groceries, including a pineapple.
Unusual view of the café 
In the café, Kelly is lighting an incense stick when Diane comes in and enquires, “What’s that lovely scent?”   
"Frankincense – supposed to help the brain heal"
She is told that it is frankincense, like the nativity, which is supposed to help the brain heal after trauma.   
"Do they sell it by the bucket-load?"
“Do they sell it by the bucket-load?” Diane wonders, and Kelly assumes that she is talking about Dai.
“This accident has taken its toll on him,” Diane confirms, “I tried to invite him, but he won’t come near the place – I don’t see anybody persuading him, either.”   
Kelly regards Dai as a challenge
Kelly regards this as a challenge, 
"It's Mission Impossible!"
but is informed that it is Mission Impossible.
"I've never felt so pathetic"
In the hospital, Garry arrives at Gwyneth’s bedside;  she takes a sip of water, and admits, “I’ve never felt so pathetic.”   He is sure that she will soon be back on her feet;  
"I hope I'll be back at work soon"
“I hope I’ll be back at work soon as well,” she says, but he does not consider that to be important.
“Of course it is,” she goes on, “I don’t want to let my clients down – I’ve only just got them back.   
"I want the people of Cwmderi to accept me"
“After all that’s happened, I just want the people of Cwmderi to accept me.”
"So you're using the salon to make friends?"
Garry leans forward and suggests, “So you’re just using the salon, are you?   To make friends?”   
"No, that's what Sheryl wanted!"
She insists that is nonsense, and she is doing it because that is what Sheryl wanted.
She realises, “Dani has been in your head again,” 
"You don't want another heart attack"
but he urges her to calm down, as she does not want another heart attack.   Garry looks suspicious.
"Dai – Diane's fainted!"
Kelly locates Dai in the Deri, and shouts, “Thank goodness you’re here!   I’ve been looking for you everywhere!   Diane’s fainted!”   He demands if she has called an ambulance, 
"She was helping with the mindfulness session"
but Kelly continues, “She was just helping me set up the mindfulness session.”
"No way, José – I'm not as green as I look!"
Dai knows what this is all about;  “You’re not getting me anywhere near that hippy-dippy thing!   No way, José – I’m not as green as I look!”   
Kelly points out that if he had an ounce of decency, he would come over, for Diane’s sake;  
"She deserves a medal for putting up with you!"
“She deserves a medal for putting up with you!” Kelly snarls as she leaves, 
Dai ponders
and Dai is made to think.
Dani is eavesdropping
Dani arrives, undetected, at the hospital, and eavesdrops on the conversation;  “Have you talked to Dani about me staying at the flat?” Gwyneth asks, 
"Sorry, Gwyn, it's not possible"
and Garry replies that it is not possible.   
"You know how upset Gwern is!"
“You know how upset Gwern is!” she whines, but Garry stresses that he cannot do that to Dani, who is fragile at the moment.
"I'll get you a private nurse – probably Angela"
He agrees that he will arrange for a private nurse to come to her flat, probably Angela;  “I can’t stand Angela!” Gwyneth growls, but he says he can see no other solution.   
Dani makes a surreptitious exit
Dani has heard enough and slips away, as Garry assures Gwyneth he will make the arrangements.   
That scheme did not go as intended
She is rather upset that her scheme did not work.
"Is no-one else here?"
Ffion arrives at the café, and finds only Diane there;  then Kelly comes in, 
"Dai is more stubborn than my persuasion skills!"
sighing, “It’s not often that I admit defeat, Diane, but Dai is more stubborn than my persuasion skills.”   Diane thinks that it may be just as well, as he would spoil the session for everyone else. 
"It's important for a person to want to change their ways"
Ffion reminds them that no-one can be forced to do this;  “It’s important for a person to want to change their ways.”   Diane comes to the conclusion that the Amen has sounded for Dai, in that case.   Ffion is however confident that it will help Diane cope with his moods.
"Sorry we're late – I don't want to 'upset the vibes'!"
She begins the session, “The purpose is to introduce the idea . . .” at which point they are interrupted by the arrival of Britt and Colin, who aplogises for their lateness, and does not want to ‘upset the vibes’.
"We'll start with our eyes closed"
“We’ll start with our eyes closed,” says Ffion, and Britt looks apprehensive.   
"I'm going to stay with Tyler tonight"
In the Deri flat, Dani is packing a bag, and says that she is going to stay with Tyler tonight.   
"You were right – Gwyneth's made a fool of us"
Garry admits, “You were right – Gwyneth’s made a fool of us – I know you’re telling the truth.   She said so earlier – exactly as you said.   She wants the salon, so she feels she’s been accepted.”
"But my word was not enough!"
Dani is aggrieved that he only believed her after he had proof;  “My word was not enough!” 
"Look, Dani, I'm on your side – 100%"
and he tells her that he is on her side, 100%, but did not tell Gwyneth that, as he does not want to lose Gwern.
"So she's won – again!"
“So she’s won – once again!” Dani sneers.
"You'll get the salon back - but you must be patient"
Garry assures her, “You will get the salon back, but you have to be patient,” and he begs her to trust him on this, as the timing has to be right;  
"Gwyneth's going to regret stealing from the Monks"
“But one day, Gwyneth’s going to regret stealing from the Monks!”
"If a thought enters your mind . . ."
Ffion is standing with her eyes closed, and instructs the participants, “If a thought enters your mind, you need to acknowledge it and then let it go.”   
Colin is making faces
Britt notices that Colin is moving his head and grimacing, which makes her giggle, 
They signal to each other
and they gesticulate at each other.
Someone is peering in through the door . . .
Dai arrives outside the door and watches what is happening;  
. . . and Diane notices him
Diane notices him, but he immediately turns and scuttles away.   She apologises, but says she has to go.
Megan is on trolley duty at the hospital . . .
Megan is doing her voluntary work at the hospital, wheeling a trolley, and according to her list, her next call is to be on a Mrs Gwerfyl Jones, 
. . . and finds herself in Gwyneth's room
but she finds herself in Gwyneth’s room.   She is surprised to see who is in the bed, and realises they have mixed up the names.
"I had intended to visit you"
“I had intended to visit you,” says Megan, but Gwyneth comments that she is one of the few, as no-one, other than Garry, has been near her.   She moans that this is where she will be, on her own.   
Megan is sure that she will soon recover, but Gwyneth continues complaining, “I can go home next week, but I don’t have anyone to look after me – 
"I shall be on my own, rotting away"
“I shall be on my own, rotting away.”   As intended, this appeals to Megan’s conscience.
Dai is on The Famous Grouse again
Dai is back home, once again getting stuck into The Famous Grouse whisky, when Diane returns, 
"I'm worried you're drinking too much"
worried that he is drinking too much.   “Oh, worried, are you?   We can’t have you worrying, or you will faint again!” he replies.   
"You must go and see Gwyneth"
She points out that was not her idea, but she wants him to go and see Gwyneth.
"You're not the sort of person who would want to kill anyone"
“If you see her, you will realise that this is all just shock,” she insists, “You’re not the sort of person who would want to kill anyone, Dai!   Look at you – you can’t even live in your own skin.   I’m not saying you’ll ever be friends, but when you see her, you’ll realise that your mind is playing tricks on you.”
He glowers at Diane
Dai looks at her askance, 
"Go and see her – so you can sleep at night"
as she urges him to go and see Gwyneth, so he can sleep at night.
It seems they enjoyed the mindfulness session
Colin and Britt are back at the flat, and she says she has not seen him blush like that for a long time;  “Watching you like that was lovely – it made me realise what I nearly lost.   
"Earlier, I thought you'd left me!"
“Earlier, I thought you’d left me – and I wouldn’t have blamed you.”
"You're not getting rid of me that easily"
Colin assures her that he does not intend going anywhere, and gives her a reassuring hug;  “You’re not getting rid of me that easily.”   Then Britt remembers that Catrin and Aaron are not due back for another hour;  she suggests that perhaps they could make the most of the time, but Colin is not keen on this.
"Let these chips get cold?   No way!"
“What – and let these chips get cold?   No way!” he replies, and says that he does not want to do anything tonight.   Britt answers that it is OK, 
"You and that Neville!"
and he tries to explain, “It’s just I can’t get the thought out of my head of the two of you – you and him – you and that Neville!”
She protested that they did not;  
"Is that what everybody thought?"
“You didn’t think we were sleeping together, did you?   Is that what everybody thought?   It was the music, and the way he could make me feel special – not like that!   
"We weren't interested in that way"
“Neither of us was interested in that way – I had no idea you felt like that.”
"Well, I'm still here"
Colin says that he is still here, and Britt assures him, “I’m going to make damned sure you won’t regret that!   I’m going to spoil you rotten, Col,” 
Britt throws herself at him
and she embraces him.
"I'm disappointed with Garry and Dani"
After chatting with Gwyneth, Megan thinks it is time she went, but she is very disappointed in Garry and Dani;  “They have their priorities,” says Gwyneth.
Megan is adamant that Garry should have treated her better than that;  
"Could I step into the breach, as it were?"
“I was wondering if I could step into the breach, as it were?   I could come and stay with you in the flat for a while – I’m a bit of a cook, you know.   
Gwyneth does not like the sound of this
“With all due respect, Gwyneth, I don’t think you’ve got many options.   Right, I’d better go and look for Mrs Gwerfyl Jones.”   Gwyneth does not relish the thought of this arrangement.
Then she has another visitor
Just then, who should walk into her hospital room but Dai, and Gwyneth demands what he wants.   
"Still in the land of the living, then"
“I’m just making sure that you’re still in the land of the living – I’m checking on everyone who was in the mine.”   
"Sorry to disappoint you, Dai"
She is sorry to disappoint him, and he asks if she remembers anything after the heart attack.
She replies, “You never do anything without a reason, Dai.   
"You tried to give me the kiss of life?"
“Don’t tell me – you tried to give me the kiss of life?   Taking advantage of a woman on her deathbed for a cheap thrill!   Do you know what they call dirty old men like you?”
"I knew that coming here was a mistake!"
He snarls, “Not even coming face to face with death will change you – I knew that coming here was a mistake!”
"Run away, exactly like you did in the mine!"
As he turns to go, Gwyneth comments, “That’s right, run away, exactly like you did in the mine!   Yes, I remember everything – you coward!   Now, you go back to Cwmderi and put out the flags – because I’m coming home next week!   
"Watch out!"
“Watch out!”