24 January 2019

Iolo is again experiencing trouble with his van
Tyler is just about to go in through the front door of number 7, and Iolo is having difficulties starting his van;  
"I paid Gerwyn to fix it last week!"
“I paid Gerwyn to fix it last week – useless!”   As Gerwyn is at that moment going into the café, Tyler suggests that Iolo should ask for his money back.
Debbie is now power-walking
Debbie is power-walking, and boasts to Rhys that she has done 5,000 steps since getting up this morning;  
"I finished my workout before breakfast!"
Kath maintains that she finished her workout before breakfast, recommending that Debbie try some ‘Kettle Bell Swings’ and ‘Russian Twists’, rather than this walking nonsense.
Rhys hopes to drum up more trade
“Ffion has asked me to talk at her mindfulness class tonight – it’s the session about how good keeping fit is for the mind,” Rhys tells them, “But I want to plug my classes.”   Kath is not surprised as he is his father’s son.   “I want to give people a taster session – will you take part?   
"You can have a free session in the gym"
“You can have a free session in the gym.”
Debbie, who is still walking on the spot, is sure that she must have lost loads of weight now;  
"I'll bring scales for a weigh-in"
“I’ll bring scales for a weigh-in – it would show how effective your classes are.”   Rhys is not keen on the idea, 
"This is about getting healthy!"
and Kath points out that the idea is to be healthy.   “Well, I’ve worked so hard, I want to show people how much I’ve lost,” Debbie insists.   Kath can see a problem ahead.
"I paid you to fix that van!"
In the café, Iolo tackles Gerwyn;  “I paid you to fix the van!”   Gerwyn replies that it started OK, and there was nothing wrong with it.   Iolo stresses that it is not starting now.
"There's nothing worse than shoddy workmanship"
Garry is also in the café, and comments, “There’s nothing worse than shoddy workmanship, is there?”   Gerwyn agrees to take another look at the van, but doubts if he can do anything, because someone has stolen his tools, including the battery charger.   
"You can be the first to get the discount"
Garry comes to the conclusion, “There’s not much point in him taking a look, is there?   Come over to the garage now, Iol – you can be the first to get the discount on offer,” Garry says, 
A leaflet is left with Gerwyn
and puts one of his leaflets in front of Gerwyn.
"You don't want to drop them, do you?"
Tesni is sitting with her father, but goes across to ask Mathew if she can help with the coffees he is buying for APD;  “You don’t want to drop them, do you?”   
Over-protective Gerwyn is watching
Gerwyn is predictably not happy to see them together.
Iori pays a visit to Maes-y-Deri, to bring Debbie a further supply of ‘supplements’;  “I’ve been power-walking,” she tells him.   


Iori flogs some more 'supplements' . . .
They have agreed on the price of £20 for six bars, and she says she is doing a weigh-in tonight.    Kath has just come into the house and advises Debbie, “This weigh-in business is not a good idea – it’s very personal.”   
. . . but is looking worried about the weigh-in
Iori is looking troubled, but Debbie is determined to try and help Rhys get more business;  she rushes off to get some more steps.
"I want you to tell Debbie the truth – today!"
Kath makes it quite clear to Iori, “I want you to tell Debbie the truth today – understand?   You started this nonsense – we don’t want her to make a fool of herself!”   
He does not look too happy about this
He agrees to do as she says, but does not look happy about it.
"I feel sorry for Dad"
At APD, Tesni tells Mathew, “I feel so sorry for Dad – all his best stuff is gone, and it’s not insured.   If he doesn’t find his tools, we might have to leave Cwmderi. Do you want to meet for a drink tonight?”
"Don't waste your time on a waster like him!"
Garry has come in to see Dai, and remarks, “Don’t waste your time on a waster like him!”   Tesni is eager to find out why there is animosity between them, but Mathew asks if she has any lessons this afternoon.
Dai likes the idea of saving money
Garry explains the special offer to Dai;  “A free valet with an MOT and 10% off a service – add another 10% for you if I can leave these leaflets here.”   This offer seems to have won Dai over.
"What does he expect, leaving his tools on the pavement?"
“Did Gerwyn Gearbox find his tools in the end?” Dai queries, and Garry denies any knowledge of it, but asks what he expected, leaving his tools on the pavement.   In any case it means more business for Garry;  
Mathew has overheard this
Mathew has overheard this conversation.
Iolo tries a bit of mindfulness . . .
Iolo is sitting on the floor, listening to calming music.   
. . . but Tyler prefers the gym
Tyler asks if he fancies the gym tonight;  “I have to de-stress after teaching year 11!”   Iolo was under the impression they were going to Ffion’s class, and his father is babysitting Greta.
"Now my arm is out of the sling"
Tyler wants to do some training, now his arm is out of the sling;  “Today can be a leg day – it will do more good than sitting down.”   Iolo explains that this is mindful Yoga, and it is good.   Tyler says he would rather watch paint dry.
"What about the promise to do more together?"
“What happened to that promise – after the business with Alun – we promised to do more together? Iolo continues, “Why are you so stubborn?”   
"I think you should make more effort!"
Tyler is of the opinion that Iolo should make more effort and goes back to school.
"It saves me having to come back on the bus"
Iori is having a cup of tea and reading the paper when Debbie gets back from her power-walking;  Kath had to go back to work, but he stayed as it would save him going home on the bus, and then coming back for Ffion’s class.   
"It helps with blood pressure in people my age "
“Kath insisted that I should try it, because it helps with blood pressure in people my age.   It helps me relax, according to some hippy.”
Debbie is about to take another 'supplement'
Then he gets round to what Kath told him to do;  “Listen, Debs, about those supplement bars . . .”   She interrupts him to praise them, but he says that he has to explain something.
"This is the phone number for Beth in Cwrtmynach"
She finds a card in the drawer;  “This is the phone number for Beth in Cwrtmynach – she’s the daughter of Gwyndaf from the petrol station.   I told her about the bars, and she is very interested – 
"She has more money than sense!"
“between you and me, she’s loaded – has more money than sense!”   
Iolo interprets this as a business opportunity
Iori detects another opportunity here.
Geraint is at work
We have our first glimpse into the garage since the days of Gethin;  Geraint is working on a car, and Iolo comes in to find out the verdict on his van.   
"We haven't looked at it yet"
Garry replies that they have not looked at it yet, but Iolo protests that he needs the van today;  he is assured that he is next in the queue.   
Gerwyn comes in and offers to look at the van;  “You’re obviously busy!” he remarks to Garry.   
"I don't care who does it!"
Iolo does not care who deals with his van, as long as it gets done.   
"I had one just like this – until it was stolen!"
Gerwyn picks up a spanner, commenting, “I had one just like this – until it was stolen!”
"I don't lend tools to anyone!"
Garry snarls that he does not lend tools to anyone and he does not need Gerwyn’s help.   “You know where I live if you change your mind,” Gerwyn says, and walks out.
Now Tyler is becoming 'mindful'
This time, Tyler is sitting on the floor, listening to soothing music and reading about exercises.   He admits to Iolo that he thought he would give it a go, and apologises for what he said;  
"We should make the most of every day together"
“After Pwll Bach, we should make the most of every day together.”   
"We shall have to compromise"
Iolo has now changed to go to the gym, but Tyler has decided he would rather go to Ffion’s class;  they realise that they will have to make some sort of compromise, with Tyler saying he does not care what they do as long as they do it together.   
"Ffion's class this week – the gym next week"
“Ffion’s class this week – the gym next week.”
He asks what he should wear to the mindfulness class, 
"Wear?   We do it naked!"
and Iolo tries to convince him that they do it naked.
Gerwyn loses another customer
Gerwyn is speaking on the phone to one of his customers, but has to admit that his tools have been stolen.   There is a knock at the door, and Mathew pleads, “Don’t tell Garry that I told you this, because we’ve got history.   
"Garry basically admitted he stole your tools"
“He was at APD and basically admitted that he stole your tools.”
Tesni is eavesdropping from the stairs
Tesni has sneaked downstairs and is listening, 
"Of course Garry stole them – I'm not stupid!"
as Gerwyn replies, “Of course Garry stole them – I’m not stupid!   I don’t need your help, Mathew, 
"Keep your distance from Tesni!"
“just keep your distance from Tesni – I saw you leaving the café!   If you’ve upset her . . .”   As Mathew leaves, Tesni silently returns upstairs
Rhys enlists Gaynor's help with publicity
Quite a crowd gathers for Ffion’s class, and Rhys is handing out his flyers;  he asks Gaynor if she will mention his special offer at the school, but she refers him to Ffion, who is head of PE.
"I heard you were struggling!"
Dai and Diane come in, and Dai comments, “Canvassing for new clients are you?   I heard you were struggling!   I heard that Dani wouldn’t even put the posters up!”
"Has Iori spoken to you about the bars?"
Kath asks Debbie if Iori has spoken to her about the bars;  “How do you know about the bars?” Debbie demands.   
"I haven't had a chance, Kath"
Kath goes over to confront Iori, and he says he has not had a chance, but is informed that if he does not tell the truth, she will.   He argues that Debbie has found him some new customers, but she makes it quite clear that this is wrong.
Ffion is pleased with the attendance
Ffion arrives, and is pleased to see so many people there;  “Let’s sit in a semicircle,” she says, and Diane urges Dai to smile.
Garry is shutting up shop
Garry is closing the garage for the night when Gerwyn returns;  
"Could I use this place for a couple of hours?"
“I’ve had a better idea – can I use this place for a couple of hours?   I’ve promised to do a job for one of my best customers.”
"What's wrong with you?"
“What’s wrong with you?   I don’t rent this place out to anyone!” growls Garry, and stresses that it is nothing to do with him if Gerwyn loses all his customers.   “I’m locking up, if you’ll excuse me.”
Gerwyn promises to put everything back;  
"Unless, of course, I find my tools!"
“Unless of course, I find my tools – because I have a right to keep those!”   Garry assures him that his tools are not there, so Gerwyn adds, “If you’ve sold them, I’ll take the cash.   I’m not accusing you – I know you stole them!   I heard you were going round, admitting it to people – aren’t you ashamed?”
"Get lost!"
Garry warns him, “I’m locking up now – unless you want me to report you for trespassing, get lost!”
"Thanks for telling Dad about the tools"
Tesni visits the shop flat, to thank Mathew for telling her father about the tools; “It was only what anyone in my position would do,” replies Mathew, but she suspects it was in order to keep them in Cwmderi.
"Are you going to tell me about your history with Garry Monk?"
“Are you going to tell me about your history with Garry Monk?” she enquires, and he informs her that around 18 months ago he had a one-night-stand with Dani, but it meant nothing.   
"I don't think it's a good idea for you to be here"
He does not think it is a good idea for her to be there;  
"You don't want another telling-off from Dad, do you?"
she agrees, remarking that he does not want another telling off from her father.
"A deep breath in through the nose . . ."
Ffion instructs the class to take a deep breath through the nose;  “To the inner calm – enjoy the peace and quiet – and then breathe back out through the mouth.
". . . feel the floor firmly beneath your feet"
“This time, as you breathe in, I want you to feel the floor firmly beneath your feet, and then breathe out.   
"Before we go back to the big, bad, busy world"
“Before we go back to the big, bad, busy world outside, a healthy mind is as important as a healthy body, so I’d like to invite Rhys to talk about keeping fit and healthy.”
Debbie urges Kath to be prepared to demonstrate for Rhys;  
"This wasn't meant to be an advert for your business"
he takes the chance to advertise that the first week is free of charge.   Ffion objects, “This wasn’t meant to be an advert for your business!”
Kath again tells Debbie that the scales are not a good idea, 
"January is the ideal time to start keeping fit"
as Rhys says that January is the ideal time to start keeping fit;  “Two people here tonight have been exercising a lot – Debbie and Kath.”
“I’m going to stand on these scales to show how hard I’ve been working!” Debbie brags, 
"Iori has been selling you normal chocolate!"
but as she stands on the scales, Kath informs her that Iori has been selling her normal chocolate – not a weight loss product.   
Nevertheless, Debbie is pleased to announce, “Yes – I’ve lost two pounds!”   
"What did you say about chocolate?"
Then she suddenly realises, “What did you say about chocolate?   Have I been eating chocolate bars?”   
"I've been trying to tell you, Debbie!"
Iori maintains that he has been trying to tell her, and begs her not be angry, but she rages, “You’ve scammed me!” 
Debbie chases after him . . .
and chases him out of the gym.   Ffion is disgusted, describing this as a circus.
. . . and corners him in the Deri
Iori has sought refuge in the Deri, but Debbie shouts, “Oi!   I want a word with you!”   He demands why she is complaining, as she has lost weight;  “Because of the power-walking – no thanks to your chocolate!” she roars, 
Iori has no choice but to agree reimbursement
“I want my money back!”
"I'm sorry, Debbie"
Then Kath comes in, apologising, 
"Can't we forget this hullabaloo?"
but Mark wants to forget about this hullabaloo;  Debbie insists that Iori and Kath buy her drinks all night, and she will have a gin and tonic.
"I would suggest not messing with Garry Monk!"
Gerwyn arrives, looking argumentative, and is warned by Mathew, “I would suggest not messing with Garry Monk, all right?”   
"This one's been making up stories about me, has he?"
Garry has surmised that Mathew is the one who has been making up stories about him, and points out that he would not believe a word that comes out of Mathew’s mouth.   “He’s well-known for telling lies.”
"You've got until tomorrow to give them back!"
Gerwyn begins, “Look, Garry, it’s your last chance to give me those tools!   Someone saw you steal them!” and Garry demands who it was.   “You’ve got until tomorrow to give them back, or I’ll call the police.”
"Want to use my phone to call the police?"
“Right,” says Garry, dismissively, “Do you want to use my phone?”   Gerwyn tells Mathew to keep his nose out next time – 
"You – stay away from my daughter!"
and stay away from his daughter.