11 January 2019

A tense moment in the game
Ricky and his father are playing a computer game;  when Ricky wins, Mark demands a rematch and complains that his console does not work properly.   
Ricky celebrates his victory
He considers that Ricky is well enough to go back to work, but is told that the bug was legit.
"I've enjoyed the last few days with you"
“To be honest, I’ve enjoyed the last few days with you,” Ricky tells him, and Mark says it is a pity that the Xbox is not on prescription like his Gran’s exercise.   
"This is where I'm meant to be"
Ricky continues, “I’m serious, you know – I love spending time with you, all of you – this is where I’m meant to be.   
"What's the point of having £50,000 debt?"
“I don’t think I want to go to university any more – what’s the point of having £50,000 debt?”
"It's an investment for the future, Ricky"
Mark argues that it is an investment in a bright future, but Ricky points out it did not do much for Auntie Stacey.   There is a knock at the door, and Eifion arrives, this time complaining about a parcel;  he has received a card through the door.
Eifion is complaining about Mark again
“I bet you didn’t even knock – I don’t expect the parcel is even in your van!” he rants, “Do you expect me to drive all the way to the depot in Llanarthur?”   
"Look, I haven't been at work today"
When Mark manages to get a word in, he advises that he has not been to work today, and Ricky explains that his father has had a couple of days off, after falling down the mine.
"Sorry, I didn't know"
This deflates Eifion, and he leaves, promising that he is going to write and complain, unless Eileen has killed him first;  
"It was a new chutney saucepan"
“It was a new chutney saucepan, because I burned the other one – I’ll be in trouble now, won’t I?”   
"I know exactly who it was, Ricky!"
Mark makes a phone call, and tells Ricky he knows who it was.
Gaynor wants her kitchen cupboard looked at
At number 9, Jason is just sitting down to his lunch when Sara comes in, telling him that Gaynor wants a word with him;  “I’ve got a kitchen cupboard that doesn’t open properly,” she says, “Can you have a look at it?”   
"I'll do it this afternoon"
He agrees to look at it this afternoon, and Gaynor gives him the key and £20, which she hopes will cover it.
"Perhaps we can do something nice this evening"
Sara says she will be home early, and perhaps they can do something nice this evening;  she goes back to Awyr Iach.   Jason puts the money in his pocket, 
Jason makes a phone call
and makes a phone call.
Tyler's left arm is in a sling
Tyler, with his left arm in a sling, comes downstairs and looks at the post;  Iolo is pleased that he will not need surgery on his shoulder.   “The will writing kit has arrived,” Tyler announces, 
"We don't have anything to leave to anyone"
but Iolo says they do not have anything to leave to anyone.
"Who would be looking after Greta?"
“It isn’t about us – if things had been different, who would be looking after Greta?” Tyler demands, 
"I don't want to talk about it, Ty"
but Iolo does not want to talk about it, and does not want to be made an emotional wreck.   He rushes off to price a job, and will see Tyler later.
"It's your fault – you have to take it there!"
On the phone, Mark insists, “No – it’s your fault!   You have to take it over there – it won’t take you long!”   His colleague, Peds, refuses, and Mark is very angry;  
"It's not right, Ricky!"
“It’s not right, Ricky – people pay a premium, and an idiot like Peds gives us all a bad name!”
"Why don't we go and fetch the parcel?"
Ricky suggests, “Why don’t we go and fetch the parcel from the depot?   We could deliver it to Penrhewl ourselves.   I can see how it all works – you could put it in a good word for me, and then we could work together.”   
"Come on, Dad"
Mark is not sure that he likes this idea.
All is harmonious at Y Felin (for once) . . . 
At Y Felin, there appears to be harmony, as Anita and Siôn watch a film on the television;  this is disturbed by Iolo, 
. . . but is disturbed by Iolo
who apologises for his sudden arrival.   Anita says they were only watching the end of the film which they started watching last night, and it got rather late.   
“I think that’s answered one question I had,” Iolo comments, “Why you’re so keen to renovate Morawel from top to bottom.   
"I think Dad enjoys having Anita here"
“I think Dad enjoys having Anita here.”
She is about to make some lunch, but Iolo says he is not staying, 
"I want a chat with you, Dad"
then reveals that he wants a chat with his father.   
"I'm trying my best not to go to pieces"
“Look, Dad, I am trying my best to stay on top of everything, and not go to pieces.”   
"The mine collapse, is it?"
Siôn diagnoses that this is since the mine collapse, and Iolo continues, “I’m trying so hard to stifle the OCD – but now Tyler wants to discuss writing a will – decide who would have custody of Greta, if anything like that happened.   
"I don't feel in the right frame of mind"
“But I don’t feel in the right frame of mind to sort this out now.”
Siôn will get a bottle of lager
“So you’ve come here to hide, have you?” asks Siôn, “How about I fetch us a bottle of lager each before you go back?”
Jason has carried out the minor repair
At Llwyncelyn, Jason has made a short work of the cupboard door, which is now working as intended, and as he picks up his tools, there is a knock on the back door.   
Sandra sneaks in the back way
He is pleased to welcome Sandra, and says that her timing is perfect;  “Don’t worry – nobody saw me!” she assures him, and asks how he is.
"I'm desperate to stop, Dand!"
He replies that he has been better, but then admits, “I’m desperate to stop, Sand – are you still clean?”   
"Three months, and counting!"
She proudly announces that she is, and it is now three months and counting.   
"It already feels like an age!"
His situation is only 22 hours and probably 40 minutes by now, but it already feels like an age.
She tells him that he has to start somewhere, and he wants some tips from her;  
"Losing the phone apps helped!"
“Losing the phone helped me – without the apps, you know!” she replies, 
"Yes, I've done that"
and he confirms that he got rid of his, for which she commends him.   “I know you’ll get through it,” she rather naïvely adds. 
"Special delivery!"
Eifion opens the door of Penrhewl and is surprised to see Mark;  “Special delivery!” he announces, “You can thank Ricky – he insisted we bring it over.”   Eifion is very grateful to them, and says they have saved his skin.
"Ricky's considering trying for a full-time job"
“Ricky’s considering trying for a full-time job with us,” Mark goes on, and Ricky has all the necessary forms, so as not to get into debt.   
"Don't let those idiots put you off University"
Eifion warns him not to let those idiots they saw put him off University, and Ricky explains that it was Caleb and the others.
"I don't think they've seen the inside of a library all term!"
“I don’t think they’ve seen the inside of a library all term!” he comments, and wants to get home to complete the forms.
Anita and Siôn are enjoying their lunch, and he admits that he is worrying about Iolo;  
Siôn is worried about Iolo

“I think they’re going to ask me to take custody of Greta if anything happened to them,” he says, 
"Well, it makes sense"
and Anita supposes that it makes sense.   
"I'm too old, Anita!"
He, however, is not so sure;  “I enjoy her company, an hour here and there, but to raise her?   And I’m glad you didn’t go for that IVF – I’m too old!   I’m enjoying having the spare time before I retire.   Do you think I should tell them?”
"Let them know where they stand"
She encourages him to do so;  “Just in case they take it for granted that you will accept – it’s better to be honest, so everyone knows where they stand.”
"Wendy could have had custody!"
At number 7, Tyler has been doing some online research;  “Did you know that if we had died last week, Wendy could have had custody!   Can we please talk about this?   We need to discuss it!”
"Just put Dad's name down"
Iolo maintains there is nothing to discuss;  “Just put Dad’s name down.”   
"I don't think he's the best option"
Tyler, however, does not think he is the best option, 
"There's no-one else"
and Iolo refuses to ask Macs or Huw;  Garry and Dani have their hands full with Gwern and Seren.
"How about Kelly?"
“How about Kelly?” suggests Tyler, 
"She would be perfect!"
and Iolo agrees that she would be perfect.   “And she will be chuffed that we chose her,” Tyler adds,
"Talking about it isn't so bad, is it?"
“See, talking about these matters isn’t so bad, is it?
"I've just had enough of all the lies"
Jason tells Sandra, “I’ve just had enough of all the lies, you know – I must have one of those personalities.”   
"You have to find your own set of rules"
Sandra advises him to find his own set of rules, such as only betting with one specific person, someone he can trust, in a special place, like a bookie’s, somewhere public.
“I could only bet in the afternoons,” she tells him, 
"Did that work?"
and he wonders if that worked.   “We could try it today if you want,” she invites him, “I’ll come to the bookies with you, just an hour, max.   
"I'll be there to send you home"
“After that, I’ll be there to send you home.”   
Gaynor walks in on this cosy chat
Jason is willing to try this suggestion, but at that moment, Gaynor returns home, and is not happy to find a stranger at Llwyncelyn.   Jason improvises, “Sally happened to be passing, can wanted to pay me for a job.”   
Jason steers Sandra towards the front door
Sandra backs him up, and says she must be off to Llanarthur, but as Jason has to steer her towards the front door, Gaynor suspects that something is not right.
Gaynor is not at all happy
“Look, Jason, I’m ill at ease with the idea of you inviting strangers into my home,” but again he maintains she was paying a bill.   
"And I don't think Sara would be, either"
Gaynor is still not happy about it, and does not think that Sara would be, either.   
"Sara doesn't need to know, does she?"
He says that Sara does not need to know and hands back the key.
"I get job satisfaction from doing it"
Mark rings the depot to advise them he will be back next Monday;  “You’re right – I get job satisfaction from doing it,” he tells Ricky, “There’s no point hiding here on the sofa, and let that lazy lout, Peds, ruin my round.”
"Listen, they belong in the bin!"
Ricky want some help with filling in these forms, but his father insists they belong in the bin;  “Listen, I was never happier than when I was working with Dad.   Spending every day with you would be better – but you would be doing it for the wrong reasons.   
"Go to University"
“Eifion was right – Caleb and his mates aren’t like you – so go to university.   If at the end you decide you still want to work with me, nobody will be happier, but at least then you will have had a choice.   
"You've got so many exciting things to look forward to"
“In the meantime, stick these in the bin!   You’ve got so many exciting things to look forward to.”   
Ricky puts the paperwork in the bin — not the recycling?
Ricky reluctantly does so.
Iolo and Tyler visit Y Felin
Iolo and Tyler go round to Y Felin, to have a chat with Siôn and Anita;  Siôn agrees that that it is important to make the most of our time in this life.   “Sorting things out can make life better, more secure.   
"We were thinking of including Kelly"
“We’re thinking of including Kelly in our will as the person who would take custody of Greta if anything happened to us.   I wanted to be honest so we understand each other – 
"Are you disappointed?"
“are you disappointed?”
"We discussed it earlier"
Siôn is surprised, but not disappointed, and explains that they discussed the issue after he left earlier;  
"Kelly has more energy than I have"
“It’s a sensible decision – Kelly is younger, she has more energy than I have.”   
"I'm glad you understand, Dad"
Iolo is very glad that he understands, and Siôn is pleased that they have been honest with him.
"I wasn't expecting that!"
As Iolo and Tyler go to open the bottle of wine, Siôn says, “I wasn’t expecting that!”   
Anita replies, “You know what is going to happen now – 
"Muggins here will be doing the babysitting!"
“who’s going to be babysitting for Kelly?   Muggins here!”
"Tapas have a special offer tonight . . ."
Sara says she has some good news for Jason;  “Tapas is offering a bottle of wine and four small plates for £25 tonight.   
". . . with that extra job you did today"
“I was thinking, with that extra job you did today . . .”   
"I can't think of a better way to spend it"
He hands over the £20, saying that he cannot think of a better way to spend it.
"Your mind must have been on other things!"
Then there is a knock at the door;  it is Gaynor, who has brought back a notebook which Jason left at Y Felin;  “Your mind must have been on other things!” she comments rather pointedly, 
"Thank you, Gaynor"
before leaving.
"I don't think I've ever felt better!"
Sara asks if he is all right, and he replies, “I don’t think I’ve ever felt better – 
"This year is going to be the best ever!"
“and I promise that I’m going to make sure that this year is going to be the best ever!”
They embrace
She kisses him and they embrace.