21 January 2019

The weather does not look very pleasant
At Aberporth, Jason is clearing out old kitchen cabinets and stacking them outside;  
Sara has arrived
a car, marked ‘Awyr Iach’, has arrived at the front of the house, and Sara gets out.

"Please, Bri, you can't ignore me for ever!"
Jason hurries back inside, where Sandra is leaving another message for her husband;  “Please, Bri, you can’t ignore me for ever – we can sort it out – please phone me back.”   
"Fancy going for an outing?"
She tells Jason that she has really messed up this time, then asks if he fancies going for an outing.
He replies that they have spent enough time in the bookies this weekend, and he has work to do;  “Let me help you then – it’s the least I can do in return for staying here,” she urges.   
Sara approaches the house . . .
Meanwhile, Sara is approaching the house.
. . . and Sandra rushes off . . .
They are both very shocked to hear her voice, and Sandra scuttles off 
. . . to hide
to hide at the foot of the stairs;  Jason asks Sara if Ifan is all right, 
"I brought you some breakfast"
but she says she has brought him some breakfast, as she is missing him.   “Right, show me around,” she suggests, then they hear a creaking sound, which Jason explains away as a local stray cat, which insists on coming in.
Catrin gives Britt a birthday card
At the chip shop flat, Catrin gives her mother a birthday card, which she says is from Aaron too, but he has gone to school.   
Britt looks at the card
Colin can see that Aaron has listened to what they said last week.
Britt is doubtful;  “We’ll see, because he still got an attitude problem, if you ask me.   
"Don't be late home tonight"
“Don’t be late home tonight – we’re going to the Deri.   Garry and Dani are organising a party – I think I deserve it after Aaron stressed me out last week.”   Colin remarks that there is nothing like a birthday party to bring a family together, and Catrin leaves for school.
Colin produces his card . . .
Then Colin gives Britt a specially-made card, 
. . . which Britt says is lovely
featuring photos of the family;  she says that it is lovely and embraces him.   
Then some flowers arrive . . .
Catrin comes back upstairs, announcing, “Delivery for the birthday girl!” and presents her mother with some flowers;  Britt assumes that Colin was the sender.
However, he knows nothing about it, and there does not appear to be a card;  
. . . and Colin is concerned about who sent them
Catrin comments that she must have a secret admirer, and Colin is rather disturbed by this.
"The cheque I gave you hasn't been cashed"
Siôn visits Dani, and says, “I was sorting through the accounts and noticed a cheque I gave you for ‘Love the Planet’ hasn’t been cashed.”   
"I've been so busy, Siôn"
She explains that she has been so busy she has not had a chance to go to the bank, but he protests that he gave it to her weeks ago.
“I’m sorry, Siôn, but a few people have been late with their contributions – I’ll pay it in today!” she assures him, 
"There's no rush to stop the end of the world, is there?"
and he sarcastically remarks that there is no rush to stop the end of the world.   “I have to organise Britt’s birthday party,” she tells him, and Garry wonders what that was all about.   
"I thought Jason banked the money"
He was under the impression that Jason had banked the money, but she replies that he may not have had time, 
"I've got to deal with the seating"
and rushes off to plan the seating.
"I can't bel;ieve you've done so much on your own"
After her tour of the house, Sara cannot believe that Jason has done so much on his own;  now he has to hack the plaster off the last wall.   
"I just want to come home to you and Ifan"
“I just want to get the job done, so I can come home to you and Ifan,” he says.   She has told his mother that his migraine is no better, 
Sara gives Jason his mail
and almost forgets to give him his post.
“You came all this way with junk mail for me!” he jokes, and she leaves, 
Sara takes her leave
promising to phone him later.   
"I've maxed them out already!"
Sandra reappears and he shows her that he has maxed his new credit cards out already;  “I have to pay those back – every penny – by the end of the month!”
"About that money, Dani . . ."
In the Deri, Garry is asking questions about the money, but Dani seems eager to change the subject;  
"You're not in any trouble, are you?"
“Dan, you’re not in any trouble, are you?” he demands, 
"That money went into my account"
and she finally confesses that the money Jason took went into her account.
"I've done all the research "
“I’ve done all the research for registering – I’ve got the forms and stuff . . .” she says, 
"But you haven't registered the charity"
and Garry realises that she has not registered the charity.   “I haven’t had time, Garry – I’ve got loads of money to sort out!   Siôn’s cheque must be in the pile.”
"Have either of you sent flowers to Britt?"
Colin comes in, looking very stern;  “Have either of you sent flowers to Britt?” he asks, “She has had a bouquet, a beautiful one, and I think Neville sent it.   
"If it wasn't him, then who did send it?"
“If it wasn’t him, then who did send it?”
"Just pay the minimum amount"
Sandra advises Jason to just pay the minimum amount, and assures him it is no big deal.   He protests that he does not want them charging interest as well;  “It will be hundreds in no time!   
Now he worries about his credit rating!
“The last thing I want is for it to affect my credit rating – I could lose the mortgage.”
Sandra instructs him that he needs a plan of action;  “Have you got any money at all?” and he replies that everything has gone, except the savings account, which has £15,000.   
"You can clear both cards and still have £5,000"
“You can clear both cards and still have £5,000,” she points out, but he draws the line at that.
"That's a deposit for the house"
“That’s a deposit for the house – Sara and I have been saving for years to have that.   I can’t touch it, anyway – its a joint account.   Sara  has the card.”
"Sara keeps a close eye on everything I do!"
Scheming Sandra wants to know if the savings are with the same bank as the other accounts, and is told that they are in a building society.   Jason reminds her that Sara keeps a close eye on everything he does these days.   

"By the time you win" — pull the other one
“Withdraw the savings – by the time you win, she won’t have even noticed,” she proposes, “If you want to clear those debts immediately, you don’t have any option – it’s a no-brainer!   All you need is your passbook and your passport.”
"I'll give you a lift there, now"
Both of those are at home, so she is eager to give him a lift there;  she appears very enthusiastic to get Jason to throw away even more money.
Garry gives Britt a present
Garry brings Britt a birthday present, and she asks how the party is coming along;  he reports that Dani is very busy, and admires the flowers.   “We have no idea who sent them,” Britt tells him, 
"There obviously was a card"
but he replies that it is obvious there was a card, 
Garry soon tracks it down
and after some cursory investigation he finds it on the stairs.
"They're from Chester!"
Colin is very anxious as she opens it, but she discovers the flowers were from Chester;  “I’m surprised he remembered – Catrin is the only one who makes an effort these days!”   
Her pleasure is short-lived
Then she notices what is on the other side of the card, and her mood abruptly changes;  “He’s put his account number on it, for me to send him more money!   
"We gave him money for his birthday last week"
“He had money for his birthday last week – and hasn’t thanked us for it!   He’s probably spent it all!   
"Thinking of no-one but himself!"
“Typical Chester – thinking of no-one but himself!”
Jason finds his passport . . .
Jason is back home at number 9, locating the required items in the cupboard under the stairs, 
. . . and the Building Society passbook
and a kitchen drawer.   
Then Sara interrupts things
He is disturbed when Sara returns home, and is understandably surprised to see him.   He drops the passbook on the floor and kicks it out of sight.
"That plaster is like granite!"
He quickly thinks up an excuse;  “The plaster in that kitchen is like granite – I had to come and get the Kango – I didn’t want you to drive there twice in one day.   
"And you expect me to get them?"
“Before I go back, I could do with some more clean clothes.”   
"Hang on – how did you get here?"
As she is about to go upstairs to fetch them, Sara wonders, “Hang on – how did you get here, and how are you getting back?”   Jason says he got a lift from the bloke who delivered the sand and cement, and was coming this way.   
He has only just picked up the passbook . . .
Then he retrieves the passbook, and there is a knock at the door;  
. . . when his mother arrives
it is his mother, who is pleased to see that he is feeling better.   
"We're going to the Deri for lunch, remember?"
She reminds Sara that they are going to the Deri for lunch;  
"And you can come with us"
“And as you’re feeling better, you can come with us,” she informs Jason.   
Britt looks at the begging note . . .
Britt looks at the card from Chester, which reads, “Can you send me more money, please?”   
. . . and, looking determined . . .
She looks grim, 
. . . tears it up
and tears the card into pieces, then turns to look at the flowers, 
The last resting-place of the flowers
which (as so often happens in Cwmderi) are summarily tossed into the bin.   
She looks at the tattoo on her arm
She looks with disgust at the name, Chester, tattooed on her arm, and pulls down the sleeve of her jumper to cover it.
"I have to get back to Morawel"
Diane, Sara and Jason arrive at the Deri, although Jason is very keen to get back to Morawel;  Sara advises him to have some lunch and then say that the migraine has returned.   Garry comes in with a large number of balloons, but Dani is too busy sorting out the money on the bar to assist him.
"Jason, you haven't finished Morawel already?"
Siôn arrives and is surprised to see Jason there;  “You haven’t finished Morawel already?” he says, which comes as somewhat of a shock to Diane.
"Is someone going to tell me what's going on?"
“You’re working on Morawel?” she demands, “Is someone going to tell me what’s going on?”
"Candles for the birthday cake!"
Colin returns with some candles to go on the birthday cake;  “I’ve worked it out, Col,” Britt tells him, 
Britt has it all worked out
“My mood swings – I thought the OCD had come back, but it’s not that.”   He agrees that is possible, 
"It might be just as well to see the doctor"
but still considers she ought to see the doctor.
"It's all Chester's fault – don't you see?"
“There’s no need, because it’s all Chesters fault,” she insists, “Don’t you see?   All his life I’ve been worried about him, been angry with him, felt ashamed of him – it’s no wonder I’ve been stressed!”   Colin concedes that it has not been easy, but she goes on, “He’s a nightmare!   Goodness knows why I got a tattoo of his name!”
"If anything, you're getting worse!"
Colin reminds her that Chester has been gone for a while now, and, if anything, she has been getting worse, but she puts that down to a delayed reaction.   He is far from convinced, 
"Do you want there to be something wrong with me?"
and she snarls, “Do you want there to be something wrong with me, or what?”
"Let's concentrate on your birthday!"
He suggests that they forget about it for now and concentrate on her birthday, 
"I'm not in the mood for any party!"
but she is determined that she is not in the mood for any party.
In the Deri, Jason argues that they need every penny to buy the house, 
"Dai wanted the job for APD!"
but Diane points out that Dai wanted the job for APD;  “Siôn rejected Dai, and it was too good an opportunity for Jason to miss,” Sara stresses.
“So you went behind our backs and told one lie after another?” rages Diane, “You could have talked to me – I would have understood!”   
"It's the delivery bloke"
Jason’s phone sounds, and he says it is the delivery bloke, so he walks away to take the call.
"I've got the passport and passbook"
“Sorry, I’ve been caught up, Sandra, but don’t worry – I’ve got the passport and the passbook.”   Dani has been dealing with the charity money on the bar, 
The beer deliveryman has arrived
and calls to Garry that the beer delivery man is here;  he is busy with the balloons, and tells her to deal with it.    She does so, leaving the box of cash on the bar. 
Thereis an irresistible temptation left for him . . .
Jason ends the phone call, saying he will find his own way back, 
. . . and he wastes no time succumbing to it
then takes advantage of Dani’s absence to put the box of money into his rucksack.   
Diane is not keen to deceive Dai
Meanwhile, Diane is complaining that she has to tell Dai that Jason is on his deathbed, but Sara pleads with her not to tell him about the Morawel business, as it is good money, and buying Gwyneth’s house means the world to them.   Diane very grudgingly agrees to her request.
"My lift is waiting – I have to go!"
Jason says that his lift is waiting for him, so he must go, grabbing a sandwich as he leaves.
When Catrin returns from school, she asks why her mother is not ready, and is told that she is not going;  
"Colin thinks I'm not right up here!"
“Colin thinks I’m ill, up here!”   She demands where Aaron is, and he is apparently helping Garry at the Deri.   “Still avoiding me, is he – like my other son?” groans Britt.   
"Birthdays are supposed to be happy days"
Catrin was under the impression that birthdays were meant to be happy days.
"Chester has caused you a lot of stress"
Colin apologises to Britt, telling her that she is right;  “Chester has caused you a lot of stress – of course he has.   To be honest, I don’t know how you coped so well – I mean it.   
"I don't want to argue – today of all days"
“Come on, I don’t want to argue over this today of all days.   Garry and Dani have gone to so much trouble – 
"I want more photos of you"
“and I want more photos of you, anyway – photos of your pretty smile!”   In another abrupt change of mood, Britt says she will go after all.
"Everyone argues with their mother sometimes"
At the Deri, Garry assures Aaron, “Everyone argues with their mother sometimes – all that matters is that we make an effort on her birthday.”   
"Have you moved the money box?"
Dani squeals, “Have you moved the money box?” and tries to maintain her equilibrium as Britt and the others come in.   
Aaron has a present for his mother
Aaron presents her with a birthday gift, 
"You're a good boy deep down"
and she tells him that he is a good boy deep down.   Colin will open the bottle of bubbly.
Dani conducts an exhaustive search
Dani is frantically searching under the bar and tells Garry that she cannot find the money, 
"We can't make a fuss in front of everyone"
but he warns her they cannot make a fuss in front of everyone.   “We don’t want to spoil Britt’s birthday, do we?”
Sandra studies her phone
Sandra is looking at her phone when Jason returns to Morawel, and demands where he has been;  
"I stole Dani Monk's charity money"
he admits, “I stole Dani Monk’s charity money from the Deri.   It was on the bar.”
She can guess the next part of the story; 
"You went to the bookies . . . and?"
“You went to the bookies . . . and?”   
"Lost the lot!"
He reveals that he lost the lot, but she confirms that he does have the passport and the passbook;  
Sandra's plan is still intact
“That’s good – that was the plan.”
"I don't want to do this, Sandra!"
“I don’t want to do this, Sandra,” he protests, but she points out he does not have much choice, unless he wants to tell Sara the truth.   She informs him that they will go to the bank tomorrow morning, 
"And hope that Sara doesn't check the account"
and he adds, “And just hope that Sara doesn’t check the account for a few w"Iteeks.”
"It's the only option"
Sandra advises him that it is the only option.