14 January 2019

The credit card has been reassembled
Jason has hidden the credit card, which he has stuck together again, in a box of teabags;  
"Can't we just go for a spin in the car?"
Sara is about to take Ifan to nursery, and asks if Jason can tidy up.   He asks, “Can’t we just go for spin in the car or something?”   She replies they have had a wonderful weekend, and have hardly been here, but now they have to work.
"Dadi is in a good mood today, isn't he?"
“Dadi is in a good mood today, isn’t he?” she says to Ifan, 
Ifan's mood is far from good 
who, it appears, is not in a good mood, and cries lustily.   As soon as they are out of the door, Jason again turns his attention to the box of teabags, 
Jason sets up a new account
and get out his phone, creating a new betting account, using the card number.
"They had no right to ban me!"
At the breakfast table, Dai has been consulting the golf club rules;  “They had no right to ban me!” he announces to Diane, “I was supposed to get a written warning first – it says it here in black-and-white!”
"You'll be back on the tee in no time"
Diane replies that he has only been banned for a fortnight, and he will be back on the tee in no time – and in the right shoes.   
". . . if I'd played in wellingtons and flip-flops!"
“There wouldn’t have been more fuss if I’d played in wellingtons and flip-flops!” Dai continues to rant, 
"You did make nasty remarks at the lady captain"
but is reminded that he shouted nasty remarks at the lady captain.
“She deserved it!   She had no right to be out playing with men, anyway – 
"I blame Lloyd George for giving in to the Suffragettes!"
“I blame Lloyd George for giving in to the Suffragettes in the first place!” he goes on, “I could relax out on the golf course, hitting a few balls – I could forget about Pwll Bach and Gwyneth Jones!”
Diane wonders why he does not go back to work, and then he might feel as if he is getting back to normal.   “What – and try forget all about it?   Try to pretend there’s nothing wrong?” he snarls, 
"I came as close as this to losing my life!!"
“After coming as close as this to losing my life!” but she says that she gets nightmares too.
“But it was me down there, trapped in the mine, with all that claustrophobia!   Show a bit of support, please!”   Diane has had enough of this, and walks away.
"Today would have been Meic's birthday"
Anita tells Siôn that today would have been Meic’s birthday;  he asks if the builders have phoned, as they said they would ring when they got to Morawel, and he is sure that they were starting today.   
"We could take a photo of the first wheelbarrow"
“We should go over there and take a photo of the first wheelbarrow coming out!” he suggests.   Anita proposes they could stop for a pub lunch on the way back.
Siôn is disappointed when he phones the builder
Siôn phones Vaughan, the builder, to ask how it is going;  “You were supposed to start today, weren’t you?   
"Another three months?"
“Another three months?   Of course I mind – a local family is due to move in!   
"We'll find someone else to do the work"
“Forget it – we’ll find someone else to do the work!”
Gwyneth is home again . . .
Gwyneth has just arrived home from hospital by taxi, and tells Megan, “It wouldn’t be possible if it wasn’t for you!”   
. . . with Megan fussing over her
She is advised to take it easy, as it is early days – and she will feel better after a cup of tea.   
She sees Dani across the road
Gwyneth looks across the road and sees Dani by the cashpoint.
"Couldn't wait to get rid of you, could they?"
Jason approaches and comments, “Gwyneth – couldn’t wait to get rid of you, could they?”   Megan is eager to get her inside, so she does not get cold, 
"I'm sure he would empty the bedpan for you"
and Sara jokes that she is sure Jason would empty the bedpan for her.   Jason acerbically remarks, “If anyone can get through this, it’s Gwyneth Jones!”
"If we are nice to her, there should be no hiccups"
Sara points out that if they are nice to her, there should be no hiccups with buying the house.
Dai sits miserably
Dai sits miserably at home, watching the television, and Diane has downloaded the mindfulness app to his phone;  
"This app will help you relax"
“The app which Ffion recommended – it will help you relax.”
"Do I look like a hippy on holiday in Stonehenge to you?"
“Do I look like a hippy on holiday in Stonehenge to you?” he demands, but she insists things cannot carry on like this, or he will make himself ill.   
"I sometimes wonder if you want help!"
She sometimes wonders if he wants help;  he maintains, “A mindfulness app is not the solution.”
Then she suggests some light exercise;  “You know what they say – healthy body, healthy mind.”   
"If I wanted to exercise, I'd go to Rhys" 
He points out that if he wanted to exercise, he would go to someone like Rhys, who knows his stuff.
"I'm what they call 'naturally fit'"
Dai boasts, “I’m what they call naturally fit, OK?   Rhys would only be too glad to welcome me to his class!”   Diane challenges him to book a session, and hands him the phone.
"How about this firm in Aberporth?"
“There’s a builder here in Aberporth – have you tried them?” enquires Anita, but Siôn advises they are up to their eyes with work.   She suggests phoning Vaughan again to try and get him to change his mind;  
"They don't deserve our business!"
Siôn is adamant that he does not deserve their business if this is the way he treats people, and suggests Jason.
Anita assumes that he is joking;  
"Remember the trouble with the loft conversion?"
“You do remember the trouble I had when he did the loft conversion?”   Siôn is hopeful that he can sort something out.
"You really ought to be resting"
Dani pays a visit to the invalid Gwyneth, as Megan insists that she needs some rest, but Gwyneth points out that Dani is almost family.   
Dani is not in a sympathetic mood
She is not, however, very sympathetic, and needs Gwern’s swimming trunks, as he has a lesson tomorrow..
Gwyneth wants Gwern collected from school
“I’d like to see Gwern – I’m sure you can pick him up from school for me – he’ll be allowed to leave early in the circumstances,” Gwyneth instructs, and then asks Megan for an orange juice, adding that she could buy some fresh fruit later as well.
"Don't let her take advantage, Megan!"
Dani warns Megan not to let her take advantage, as she is a bully;  
"You don't show the same love to your fellow man"
“You’re very eager to save the planet, but you don’t show the same love towards your fellow man,” replies Megan, and Dani walks out.
Jason looks on his phone . . .
Round the back of APD, Jason gets out his phone 
. . . and finds he is, as usual, losing
and checks the “Best Best Gamble’ account in the name of Richard Ashurst, 
He is not very pleased about it
being informed that his total winnings are zero.
"We were hoping to go over to Morawel"
In the Deri, Anita tells Dani that they were hoping to go over to Morawel to see the builders start the work, but now they will have to keep looking for someone to do the job.   
Dai and Diane have come in
Siôn sees that Dai and Diane have just come in, and buys each of them a drink.   
Diane says that Dai will have water;  
"Water!   What do you think I am – a camel!"
he protests, “What do you think I am – a camel?   I’ll have a decent pint!” but is overruled by Diane.   “I’ve been sweating for an hour with Rhys!” he rages.
“Why bother doing it up, if you’re renting it out?” asks Dani, 
"I hope they will only be there temporarily"
and Anita is hoping that the Parrys will only be there temporarily, and then they will be able to use the place as a holiday home.   
"No, they only work on large estates"
Siôn has been talking on the phone to another company, but reports that they only work on large estates, so Anita suggests they go to Aberporth to look for a local builder.   
“I’ve tried every builder within 40 miles – and no-one is available,” Siôn tells her.   
"You haven't contacted APD!"
Dai has been listening, and points out that they have not contacted APD, stressing that Aberporth is not too far away for them.
“If you pay petrol, or bed and breakfast, we could do the job,” he insists, 
"Jason couldn't do a decent job on his doorstep!"
but Anita points out that Jason could not do a decent job on his doorstep.   “I don’t know where his head was back then, but I’ve had a word with him, and he’s better now,” Dai assures her, “Honestly now, we’ll do a tiptop job for you – and we’ll finish on time.”
Gwyneth shouts for her servant
Once more, Gwyneth calls for Megan, who reports that she almost tripped on the bathroom tiles;  
"Those bathroom tiles are lethal!"
“They’re lethal, you know!   The hospital wouldn’t be very pleased if you were to fall on them.   I’ll tell you what – 
"I'll go over to APD"
I’ll go over to APD to see if someone can come over and replace the tiles.”
"Remind Dai he owes me a big favour"
Gwyneth tell her to remind Dai that he owes her a big favour;  Megan will also bring some fruit from the shop, and Gwyneth describes her as a Christian.   
"Most people think we are very self-righteous"
Megan appreciates that;  “It’s very kind of you to say so – most people think we are very self-righteous.”
"I need a builder, urgently"
In the Deri, Siôn has gone to the bar to order food, when Megan rushes in to see Jason;  “I need a builder, urgently,” she says, but he refers her to the boss, Dai.   
"Can you do a small job at the salon flat?"
So she asks him to come over and do a small job at the salon flat, as a favour for Gwyneth..
"Do I have the word 'charity' tattooed on my forehead?"
“Do I have the word ‘charity’ tattooed on my forehead?” he demands, but Megan maintains that she was told he owes Gwyneth a big favour, and the bathroom floor needs to be retiled.   
"Right, Megan, he'll be over shortly"
Diane says that he will be over shortly, and reminds Dai that he has no choice, and has to keep Gwyneth happy.
"What will she want next – an extension?"
“What will she want next – an extension?” he growls, but Diane thinks it might help to ease his conscience.   
"We could put up the price and make a decent profit"
Then Jason comes over, and Dai explains to him, “Siôn won’t give us that building job in Aberporth – he’s desperate, so we could put up the price, and make a decent profit.   I know Siôn White well enough – he’s no Saint!   He’ll be ready to pay cash in hand, believe me!”
This sounds tempting to Jason
Jason drinks his pint and mulls over what Dai has just told him.
"Are you better, Mam?"
Gwern is home from school and asks his mother if she is better;  “You can come home soon, and we’ll have double burger and chips to celebrate,” she says.
"You shoul;d have been driven home in a police car!" 
Dani complains, “You should have been driven home in a police car, not a taxi!”   
"I'm going to leave the salon to you in my will"
Gwyneth says that to make amends, she has decided to leave the salon to Dani in her will.   Dani’s reaction is, “There’s something seriously wrong with you –
Dani is unimpressed with this idea
but yes, Sheryl would only get her wish if you died.”
Dai looks unenthusiastic
Megan returns, and Dai is with her;  he has agreed to do the work, but looks far from happy about it.   Gwyneth remarks on how generous everyone is;  “I hope you’re not going to send a bill to a sick woman,” she says, and Dai goes to have a look at the job.
"Could one of you get a couple of doughnuts for Gwern?"
Gwyneth asks if either Megan or Dani could get a couple of doughnuts for Gwern as a treat;  Dani replies that she has to return to the Deri, so Megan agrees to the café.
"I shall need some adhesive to stick them down"
Dai reports that he will have to go and get some adhesive to stick the tiles back, but Gwyneth wants a decent job done – new tiles.
"I hear that you're having trouble finding a builder"
In the Deri, as Siôn heads towards the toilet, he is waylaid by Jason;  “I hear that you’re having trouble finding a builder to work on this holiday home of yours.   
"It doesn't have to go through APD's books"
I’ve got an offer for you – the work doesn’t have to go through APD’s books, does it?   You could save hundreds on the VAT with the job like this.”
"That's the problem I have with you!"
Siôn replies that the money is not what concerns him;  “I want a decent job, completed on time – that’s the problem I have with APD – well, with you, actually!”
Jason inssist he can concentrate on Siôn's job
Jason suggests, “If I’m in Aberporth, it means I’m not here, doesn’t it?   I can’t be pulled in all directions on APD’s jobs – you know what I mean, don’t you?”
“Are you suggesting a bit of moonlighting?” asks Siôn, and Jason tells him that he can do the job a lot cheaper without Dai;  he needs the money to buy the house – he has a young family so they need every penny they can get.   

Siôn's deal must be kept from Anita
Siôn finally agrees that they have a deal, but he must not breathe a word to Anita;  the whole thing must be kept secret.   
Jason is highly delighted with his accomplishment
This arrangement pleases Jason immensely.
"Where did you get this, Gwern?"
Megan has prepared tea for Gwern, and she notices the box containing the drone;  “Where did you get this?” she asks, 
"I can't remember who gave it to me"
and Gwern says he cannot remember who gave it to him.   
"The wood under the tiles is rotten"
Dai comes back in and advises Gwyneth, “There’s a lot more work in that bathroom than I thought – the wood under the tiles is rotten,” 
"You're not trying to cheat a sick woman, are you?"
but she warns him not to try and cheat a sick woman.   
"I can start the work tomorrow"
“I can start the work tomorrow, but you can’t use the place for a while.”
She demands why he is being awkward, and Megan comments that it is unlikely she will get anyone else to do the job at short notice, 
"Are you going to tell Megan why you're doing it?"
so Gwyneth tells him to try and finish it as soon as he can, adding, “Are are you going to tell Megan why you’re doing it?”
"She's trying to destroy my son's life!"
Dai growls, “This one is trying to destroy my son’s life,” but Gwyneth replies that DJ is a better man than his father, and she would trust him with her life.
He settles down with his earphones
Offered a cup of tea by Megan, Dai sits down and puts in his earphones;  he tells Gwyneth to mind her own business and shut up.   He closes his eyes and relaxes.
"He's still suffering after the accident"
In the Deri, Diane explains to Siôn that things are not easy for Dai at the moment;  “He’s still suffering after the accident in Pwll Bach.”   
Anita and Siôn are on their way out
He and Anita are about to leave when Diane receives a phone call.
"What's going on, Jason?"
Sara is aware that something is going on, 
"I'm doing the Morawel job – behind Dai's back!"
and persuades Jason to tell her about his arrangement;  “Not a word to anyone,” he tells her, “I’ve agreed to do the Morawel job for Siôn, behind Dai’s back.   He won’t find out, will he, Sara?   I can do this job much quicker without Dai – he’s a liability at the moment, and Siôn knows it.”   
"That's not a good idea!"
Sara does not consider that this is a good idea, 
"Why should we miss out on good money?"
but he goes on, “Why should we miss out on good money?   I know it will be inconvenient going back and forth to Aberporth, but I’ll manage with the help of my wonderful wife!”   She can see that he has made up his mind, and he stresses, “While I’m working, I’m not gambling – it doesn’t even cross my mind.”
"Something has happened to Dai in the salon flat"
Diane is concerned, as she has been told by Megan, that something has happened to Dai in the salon flat;  she summons Jason to go with her.
Dai lies there, motionless
When they get there, Megan says she wanted them to see him first, 
"Dai, can you hear me?"
in case he was having some sort of turn.   He suddenly wakes up and wonders what all the fuss is about;  
"Of course I'm all right!"
he snarls, “Of course I’m all right!”   
"I thought you had a heart attack!"
Megan thought he had a heart attack, but he argues there is nothing wrong with his heart;  “I was listening to the app that Diane bought me, to get into a trance!”
"Next time you want forty winks, use my bed!"
Gwyneth advises that the next time he wants forty winks, he should say, so and then could use her bed.   
"What a palaver!"
He looks furious, and mutters, “What a palaver!”   

"I'm serious about getting the job done for free!"
Gwyneth describes it as more of a pantomime, and reiterates that she is serious about getting the job done free of charge.   
"I guessed that was your game!"
He had guessed from the start that is what her game was.   “You don’t have much choice, do you?” she demands, “Or people will find out what sort of person Dai Ashurst really is!”