25 January 2019

"It was a mistake – it's been cancelled"
In the Deri, DJ is speaking on the phone to the bank, in English;  “Yes, there was an Awyr Iach credit card in my name, but it was a mistake – it’s been cancelled.”   
Sara want to buy him lunch
Sara comes over to him and wants to buy him lunch, as they have sold out of one item, a hoodie, and it is the best sale they have had – she wants to reward him.
He moves away to continue the call
Then he gets back to his phone call;  
"What?   How much?"
“So how much has been spent on the card?   What?”
"I thought Garry would ahev brought them back by now"
Gerwyn has just lost another customer, and tells Jaclyn he thought that Garry would have brought the tools back by now.   She sent out lots of invoices last week, but no-one has paid yet;  
"I shall have to do more shifts"
she will take on more shifts at Tapas, but he protests she is working too much as it is.   
"Perhaps the time has come to sell some of these"
“Perhaps the time has come to sell some of these,” he says, looking at one of his many model cars, “I don’t think I have much choice.”
"I'll come over as soon as I can"
DJ has contacted Jason at Morawel, but he says he cannot talk as he is extremely busy;  “All right, I’ll come over as soon as I can.”   Sandra asks if everything is all right, and he changes the subject to her husband, pointing out that she cannot sleep at Morawel every night.
"It will break her heart!"

“I’m trying, but he won’t take me back!” she replies, so Jason suggests her mother;  “I don’t want her to know that I’m gambling again – it will break her heart,” Sandra groans.
"I haven't cancelled the credit card in his name!"
“Yes, we all get caught in the end!” agrees Jason, then admits that DJ was on the phone;  “He’s angry because I haven’t cancelled the credit card I took out in his name.”   She points out that it is fraud, but he comments that DJ is not his priority at the moment.
"Pay the money back to DJ"
Sandra tells him to cancel the card and pay the money back to DJ;  “How am I going to do that?” he demands, “I lost my savings in the bookies the other day – you were there, remember?   I don’t have a penny left!”
"What's happened to me, Sand?"
She reminds him that Siôn has not paid him yet for this job, but he despairs, “What’s happened to me, Sand?   Why am I doing these things?”   
"You must make sure he doesn't tell Sara"
Sandra instructs him that he must talk to DJ to make sure he does not tell Sara;  she will give him a lift, and he can think of a plan of action on the way.
Is this headset connected with Britt's credit card?
Aaron is very excited about a new headset he has received, but hides it and a new game when he hears his mother coming;  he tells her he needed to collect a few books.   
"They came from Apêl Maenan"
She finds the game, and the box which contained the headset;  he explains that they came from Apêl Maenan, and were quite cheap.
"You can play this after school!"
“You can play this after school!” Britt informs him.
"You said you were going to cancel it!"
Jason has arrived at Bryntirion, and DJ points out he said he was going to cancel the credit card.   
"I've been so busy, I forgot!"
“I know – I’m really sorry, but I’ve been so busy, I clean forgot!” Jason lies.  
“You’ve been busy spending £5,000 in my name!” DJ rages, but Jason says that is not right.   “The company wouldn’t lie to me!” DJ protests, 
"The card, and the debt, bear my name!"
“The card, and the debt, bear my name!   How have you spent so much?”
"I went overboard with Christmas presents"
Jason spins another pack of lies, “I went a bit overboard with Christmas presents – I’m sorry!   Now I’ve had to pay the deposit on this house.”
"Payments to onling gambling companies"
DJ does not believe a word and calls him a liar;  “They got in touch because they were worried about all the payments to online gambling companies!”   
Jason has no answer to that
Jason suddenly goes very quiet.
"There's nothing for lunch"
At number 10, Brenda complains that there is nothing for lunch;  “Feel free to go to the café to buy us some sandwiches,” Gerwyn answers, 
He is working out financing new tools
as he looks online at a site selling classic model cars.   “I’m checking to see how much I can get for them,” he explains, and his mother points out that if he had insured his tools, he would not be in this hole.
"Why did you leave them on the pavement?"
“Why did you leave them on the pavement?” she demands, and he observes that he only popped into the house for moment, and it was not just anyone who took them.   
"Don't give me half a story"
“Hey, don’t give me half a story – come on, tell me!” she demands.
"It was Garry Monk!"
She is incredulous when he says it was Garry Monk;  “He’s been grumbling that I was stealing business – it’s revenge – 
"It doesn't take a genius!"
“it doesn’t take a genius to work out that he’s guilty!”
“If you know that he took them, why haven’t you been to get them back?” Brenda demands, 

"Garry simply denies it"
and he responds that he has tried, but Garry simply denies it, and he is worried that he has made matters worse by pretending there was a witness.   
"I have to sell these to buy new ones"
“I’ve now accepted that I’m not going to see my tools again – so I have to sell these to get money to buy new ones,” Gerwyn says, but Brenda seems to be formulating a plan.
"Sara has to know about this!"
DJ is aware that Sara will be wondering where he is;  “She has to know about this!” he insists, but Jason maintains she does not need to know anything.   DJ stresses, “If she finds out that I have an Awyr Iach credit card in my name, she’ll sack me!   
"I could go to prison for embezzlement"
“I could go to prison for embezzlement!”
“Don’t worry about that – it’s not going to happen, OK?” Jason assures him, 
"Exactly how are you going to do that?"
and DJ wonders how exactly he is going to engineer that.   “I’m doing a big job for Siôn at the moment,” Jason explains, “Once I’ve finished, I’ll have the money to pay it all off.   
"Your father doesn't know about it"
“It’s a job on the quiet – your father doesn’t know.”
"You're fleecing Dad now as well!"
DJ is becoming even more angry;  “So you’re fleecing Dad now as well!   How do you cope with all the lies?”   Jason argues that he is doing it to sort out the mess, and he swears that he is going to sort it out.   “You swore to me that you would cancel the card, too,” DJ reminds him.
"It would be the end of me"
Jason implores him, “If Sara found out, it would be the end of me – I’m absolutely sure of that.   
"Please, DJ, I'm begging you!"
“And if I lost her, and lost Ifan, I don’t know what I’d do.   Please, DJ, I’m begging you – just give me a chance!”   
"Right – until next week"
Faced with this highly emotional appeal, DJ agrees to give Jason until next week;  “And no excuses – right?”
Sandra has purchased a banana
Sandra comes out of the shop, with a banana, 
Sara notices her from across the road
and is spotted by Sara, who is just leaving the café.   Sandra tries to escape through the alley, 
Sandra hides in a back garden
and hides in the back garden of one of the houses.
"I've got two cars that need servicing!"
In the garage, Garry is on the phone;  “Where are you?   I’ve got two cars that need servicing!   What sort of accident?   
"How long are you going to be off?"
“How long are you going to be off?   I can’t run Monk’s Motors without . . .”
"Where are Ger's tools?"
Brenda arrives, and demands, “Where are they?   Ger’s tools – I know you stole them!”   
"I don't have time for this, right?"
Garry says he does not have time for this, but she insists that she saw him to take them;  “If you don’t give them back, I’m calling the cops!” she says, grabbing the garage phone.
"Use your own phone!"
Garry advises that, if she wants to make a fool of herself, to use her own phone;  she gets up from her mobility scooter, 
"I could report you to the DSS"
and he snarls, “You’re not disabled – I could report you to the DSS – benefit fraud!”
“I’m not deceiving anyone – unlike you!” she replies, 
"Ger doesn't deserve this!"
“Ger doesn’t deserve this!   He’s an honest man running an honest business – and don’t think I don’t know about your dodgy history.   I’m not leaving until I get those tools!”
"I'm sure we can come to an understanding"
Garry is sure that they can come to an understanding, and offers her a cup of tea, 
"Or perhaps something stronger?"
or perhaps something stronger.
Aaron uses his new headset
Aaron is wearing his new headset as he contacts his fellow-player, S666, who cannot speak to him, as he says his headset is broken, so he has to type his comments.   
S666 proposes to thrash Aaron
“Yes, I got the game, and the headset,” says Aaron, and S666 is convinced he will thrash Aaron at the game.   
"I've been looking for you"
Jason comes into the Deri, and finds Sandra there;  he says he has been looking for her everywhere;  just as they are about to leave for Aberporth, 
"What are you doing here, Jase?"
Sara walks in, and is very surprised to see him.   He comes out with the story, “I was missing you, so I jumped on a bus – aren’t you glad to see me?”
Sandra alleges she was 'just passing'
Then she notices Sandra, who says she was just passing when she saw Jason;  she is glad that he is doing so well, and maintains that she too is ‘great’.   
"What a strange coincidence!"
When Sandra has gone, Sara thinks it a strange coincidence, but Jason is eager to fetch Ifan.   
"You didn't look too happy earlier"
Then, to further complicate the situation, DJ comes in;  “You didn’t look very happy on the phone earlier,” Sara tells him, and he explains that it was a misunderstanding with the bank – not so much computer error as human error, but he assures her it is sorted out now.
"Don't forget what I said"
DJ once more reminds Jason, “Don’t forget what I said – you’ve got a week – and after that, I’m telling Sara – and the police!”
This could be worth a fair bit
“There’s an Austin Devon 152 for sale on eBay for over £100!” says Gerwyn, “More, if it’s in the original box.”   
"Your father gave that to you"
Jaclyn insists that he must not sell that, as his father gave it to him, and Brenda expresses her belief that he will need to sell his toys.
"I've got a feeling your luck is going to change!"
“I’ve got a feeling your luck is going to change!” she predicts, but he points out that he could buy a new set of spanners for the price of that car.   He refuses to accept charity from Jaclyn’s brother;  then there is a knock at the door.
"Gearbox, how would you like a job at the garage?"
It is Garry Monk, who addresses Gerwyn as, “Gearbox, how would you like a job at the garage?”   
"You want a mechanic?"
Gerwyn is incredulous that Garry wants a mechanic, but is sarcastically told, “No, I want someone who makes ice cream!   Full-time job!”   
"I said your luck was going to change"
Brenda said she knew that his luck was going to change.
“Why now?” demands Gerwyn, and Garry points out that his regular worker broke his arm playing rugby last night.   “So you’re desperate?” deduces Gerwyn.
"By the way, there's a toolbox on the doorstep"
Garry adds, as an aside, “By the way, there’s a toolbox on the doorstep outside – it might be yours!”   
It is quickly retrieved by Jaclyn
Jaclyn goes to retrieve it, and Garry notices the model car, which Gerwyn snatches away.
"Why have you brought them back?"
“Why have you brought them back?” he demands, and Garry suggests that perhaps someone had a touch of conscience, as he looks pointedly at Brenda.   “But now that my tools are back, I don’t need your job, do I?” Gerwyn emphasises.
"I need an answer today"
Garry gets up, and insists that he needs an answer today, then leaves the house.   Gerwyn suspects that his mother has been up to something, but she denies this.
"From a dump called Cwmderi"
Aaron’s fellow-player asks his real name, and where he lives;  he replies, “Aaron, from a dump called Cwmderi.”   He learns that his opponent’s name is Ben, who goes to Bro Elli school;  
"We played football there – and won!"
“We were playing football there about two weeks ago, and we won,” recalls Aaron.
"You're not on that already, are you?"
Britt returns home and scolds him, “You’re not on that already, are you?   Do you have to go on it as soon as you get home?   You haven’t taken your coat off yet.”   Ben has heard this and types that parents are annoying.
"You should go out more often"
“You should go out more often if you’re making new friends,” she says, and Ben asks if he wants to meet up.
"How much are you offering?"
Gerwyn arrives at the Deri and asks Garry how much he is offering;  the initial amount is £15 an hour, but Gerwyn says he will not accept any less than £25.   “I didn’t pay Gethin close to that,” Garry replies, so Gerwyn tells him to forget it.
"There isn't enough work for us both"
Garry explains, “The truth is, there isn’t enough work for a garage and a mobile mechanic in such a small village – £20?”   
"I'm worth every penny of £25!"
Gerwyn emphasises that he has lost over a week’s work, and is adamant that he is worth £25.   Also he wants to use his own tools.
"Garry and Gearbox – sounds good!"
“Garry and Gearbox!   Sounds good, doesn’t it?” Garry smiles, “What shall we say?   8:00am Monday morning?”   
"Make that 8:30!"
Gerwyn would prefer it to be 8:30.
Aaron seems to be rather out of his depth here
Ben asks how Aaron rates Atlanta, one of the game characters;  “Don’t you think she’s sexy?”   Aaron does not really know, then his mother demands if he has some homework to do.
"Don't leave everthing until Sunday night!"
“Don’t leave everything until Sunday night, yet again!” she nags, 
"Stop hassling me, Mam!"
and he tells her to stop hassling him;  Ben advises him to keep her sweet, and they can play again tonight.   
"Welcome to the real world, Aaron"
When he comes into the kitchen, Britt welcomes him to the real world
"You can use the cash to gamble to pay DJ"
Jason and Sandra sit in the darkness with a can each;  she suggests, “If you work all weekend and finish this job, Siôn will pay you.   You can use the cash to gamble to pay DJ back.   
"The only other option is to tell the truth"
“The only other option is to tell the truth – to everyone!”
She takes out a 50p coin
She takes a 50p coin from her pocket;  “I’ve had this years – I’ve gambled with it hundreds of times – 
This so-called 'lucky coin' has not worked for her
“my lucky coin!   If it lands on tails, we’ll gamble – heads, you tell the truth.”
Jason fears what he is going to see . . .
She throws it to the floor, and Jason slams his hand down on top of it, 
. . . and firmly holds on to the coin
then looks apprehensively at his fist, containing the coin.