2 January 2019 (1st)

"I think I remembered everything"
Iolo is checking that he remembered everything;  “Wipes, nappies, fruit, rice cakes.”   Siôn and Anita are taking out Greta for the day, as they are getting the keys to Morawel.   
"Do you know where Bunny and Panda are?"
As Kelly comes to visit them, he realises he does not know where Bunny and Panda are, but Tyler finds Panda down the back of his chair.
"I'm going to ask Ed to marry me!"
“I’m going to ask Ed to marry me!” blurts out Kelly, “Today!”   
"That's great, Kel!"
They are very happy for her, but she reminds them he has not agreed yet.   “I need your advice – I’ve bought him an engagement present, but I’m not sure.”
She shows them the engraved watch
She shows them the watch with its engraving, “K & E, today, tomorrow, for ever,” and they assure her that it is perfect.   
"I'll be busy planning wedded bliss!"
She rushes off, saying, “If you haven’t heard from me by ten o’clock, I’ll be busy planning wedded bliss!”
"I'm Richard Ashurst"
At APD, Jason is on the phone, speaking in English to Banc Dyfed;  “Yes, I’m Richard Ashurst – I just wanted to know how long it was going to take – 
"I've seen this car I really like"
“it would be nice if it could be processed as quickly as possible.   I’ve seen this car I really like – oh, I see, OK then.”
Dani comes in, looking for Sara, but unfortunately she is out at the sales, and Jason asks if he can help;  
"Do you know anything about running a charity?"
“Do you know anything about running a charity?” she wonders, “Sara was going to help me with ‘Love the Planet’ – the accounts, how to pay tax and so on.   I’ve got loads to sort out to make it legit.”
"I don't think you have to worry"
He advises her not to worry too much, as, unless she has raised thousands, they will not take much notice of her.   
The mention of £5,000 grabs his attention
When she mentions that she has over £5,000, he begins to sit up and take notice;  
"I sold the camper van"
“I sold the camper van and put some of it in the account,” she says.   He is quite willing to take a look at the accounts if she would like him to;  
"I run a business – and it's the same principle"
he points out that he does run a business, and it is the same principle.   He will call in to see her later, and she is very grateful.   
Jason is about to ring the bell with excitement
Jason appears jubilant at having found a new source of finance.
Angela noses into what is going on
In the Deri, Jim is poring over some documents with a woman, and Angela comes over to investigate;  after seeing what they are doing, she walks away again and orders a black coffee from Garry, 
"Why don't you go to the café?"
who remarks, “I’m more than happy to take your money, but why don’t you go to the café for coffee?
"Who's that woman with Jim?'
She replies that she does not want to support Ed and Kelly, then asks who is the woman with Jim.   
"She's a surveyor – they're going to Pwll Bach"
He informs her, “She’s a surveyor – they’re doing something at Pwll Bach.”   
She immediately tips off Hywel
Angela immediately makes a phone call to Hywel.
Ed searches for the Cash and Carry card . . .
Ed is looking for the cash and carry card , and during his search locates a box in a drawer;  inquisitively, 
. . . and discovers the watch . . .
he opens it, to find the watch, 
. . . bearing the troubling inscription
and looks at its inscription with something approaching horror.  Hearing Kelly coming upstairs, he replaces it in the drawer, and asks about the card;  
"Downstairs by the till, I think"
she tells it is downstairs, by the till, and reminds him that they need coffee stirrers and kitchen roll.
"I was thinking of closing early tonight"
“I was thinking of closing early tonight, for a meal and a bottle of wine – a relaxing night for us,” she says, 
"You've been on your feet all day"
but he does not want her to go to any trouble, as she has been on her feet all day.   “We’re not very busy anyway,” she adds, 
"I want a special night for you and me"
“I just want a special night for you and me.”   
Ed gives a forced grin
Ed tries to look enthusiastic, and will see her later.
Dani studies the spreadsheet . . .
Dani is studying a spreadsheet, 
. . . for her charity, 'Love the Planet'
entitled ‘Love the Planet’, but closes the laptop when Garry comes in;  he has to go over to the garage and asks her to cover for him downstairs.   
"What are you hiding?"
He enquires what she is doing, and initially she says it is nothing, only the sales, but he wonders why she is hiding the screen.   
"There's so much I have to do!"
Then she admits what she was doing, but he has never heard of ‘Love the Planet’;  she becomes rather flustered about all that she needs to do for her new charity.   
"I'll help you"
He agrees he will help her, although she thought he would be angry;  
"I knew you would try to stop me!"
“I knew you would try to stop me!” she rages, but he points out that they only see each other behind the bar.
"I need an urgent word with Dani"
Their conversation is interrupted by Hywel, who come in and needs an urgent word with Dani;  
"I'd like you to organise a protest – now!"
“I’d like you to help me organise a protest – now!”
Angela is also spreading the word
Angela is out in the street, also drumming up support for the protest;  
Gaynor is out for a run
Ed meets Gaynor, who is on a run, 
"After what happened on New Year's Eve"
needing to do something after all the food and drink – and what happened on New Year’s Eve.   Angela notices them, and wants to know if they are busy;  
"I'm organising a protest – will you come?"
“Jim is taking a surveyor to Pwll Bach, and I’m organising a protest – will you come?”  
"The Cash and Carry can wait"
 They do not have any other plans and agree, although Gaynor does not think that Kelly will be very happy about it.
"Kelly will be worse later"
He replies that she will be worse later, but does not want to say anything further just now;  they head off to Pwll Bach, 
Gwen is obviously ecologically minded
and Angela takes careful note.
"I've offered to help Dani with her charity"
Jason arrives at the Deri, wanting to talk to Dani;  “I’ve offered to help her her with the charity – the accounts.”   Garry is rather surprised, and goes upstairs to fetch her, 
There is a note on the table . . .
but finds she is not there and has left a note, 
. . . telling him where she is
informing him that she has gone to the protest at Pwll Bach, and will not be long.
Hywel collects some soundbites for CwmFM 
The villagers have gathered outside the entrance of Pwll Bach, and banners are being put up;  
Angela takes photos as Jim approaches
Angela takes photos, and in the background, Jim and the surveyor can be seen approaching, so the protesters are tipped off to 
"Pwll Bach, no waste!   Pwll Bach, no waste!"
start chanting, repeatedly, “Pwll Bach, no waste!”   
One of the placards
Hywel is recording this for use on CwmFM.
Jim was not expecting this
Jim is temporarily lost for words, and the surveyor appears somewhat intimidated.
Hywel, with his recorder, steps forward, and confirms he is only there to report the story, 
"You've got a personal vendetta against me!"
but Jim insists, “You’ve got a personal vendetta against me!”   Hywel points out that people have a right to know what is going on, but Jim is adamant that they do not know what they are talking about.
"We oppose pollution!"
Gwyneth pipes up, “We know enough to oppose pollution seeping into our water and air – the air our children breathe!”   Jim tells them that they have made their point, and should now clear off.
"You're more toxic than any mine!"
Dai takes issue with Gwyneth, “What do you know about pollution?   You’re more toxic than any mine!”   
"I'm worried about the planet!"
She retaliates that she is here because she is worried about the planet, but he responds, “You don’t care about anyone but yourself!   No-one wants you here!   It’s true – Gwern’s not fond of his mother either.”
"We're here to discuss the mine!"
Hywel urges them to calm down, reminding them that they are here to discuss the mine, and 
Jim repeats his claim that he has every right to continue with this survey.   
"We have every right to fight for our health!"
Iolo exclaims, “We have every right to fight for our health!”   Jim maintains they do not know what they are protesting against yet.
"Have you ever been in a mine?"
At the back of the gathering, Gaynor asks Ed if he has ever been in a mine;  she has only been in the one at the Great Orme.  
"Shall we go in?"
 “Shall we go in?” he says.
"We'll have to do this another time"
The surveyor announces that she is going, and will have to do this another time;  Ed wonders if it is safe in the mine, 
"If I don't buy it, someone else will!"
but they go in, as Jim rants, “If I don’t buy this place, someone else will!   And there is no guarantee that person will be any more ethical than me!
They make their way into the mine
Gaynor and Ed enter the mine, where, surprisingly for a place which has been abandoned for years, still has working electric lights.   “It’s incredible to think that men used to work down here,” she comments.   
"What happened on New Year's Eve, then?"
Ed enquires about what happened on New Year’s Eve, and she tells him, “It’s embarrassing – I fell in the bathroom.   Lois was supposed to come home, but her plans changed at the last minute.   Colin had gone back to Britt, and I thought that I would be all right – 
"I fell and hit my head!"
“a nice bottle of wine, a meal, watch rubbish on television.   Anyway, I went to the bathroom, and I must have spilled some lotion on the floor, and I fell, hard, and hit my head.   
"I couldn't stop crying . . ."
“And then I started to cry, and I couldn’t stop – 
". . . I thought no-one would know - for days!"
“because I thought if I was to die there, no-one would know – for days!”
Ed hugs her . . .
Ed gives Gaynor a hug, to comfort her, 
. . . and it metamorphoses into a kiss
which, as so often seems to happen with the inhabitants of Cwmderi, turns into a kiss.   
"Sorry, Ed – I was feeling sorry for myself"
Afterwards, they both regret it, and she apologises for feeling sorry for herself.
She asks if he wants to leave the mine, but he replies, 
"It's not every day you get to explore a coal mine!"
“No – it’s not every day you get to explore a coal mine, is it?” and they continue along the passage.   
Outside, Dai is telling Hywel, “It was a different time then – men expected to be in jobs for life.”   
Angela emerges . . .
Behind them, Angela emerges from the mine, looking very pleased with herself, 
. . . and her camera seems to be exceedingly efficient in the dark
and we see that she has captured the kiss on her phone.   
Hywel will have to leave to collect Esther
Hywel has just received a text from Rhys to say he is running late and cannot pick Esther up.   Angela is only too willing to collect her, 
"He won't trust you with his child!"
but Jim interrupts, “He’s not going to trust you with his child – the thought of you picking up Esther terrifies him!”   
"I do trust you, Angela"
However, in order to prove Jim wrong, Hywel says that he does trust Angela, and she leaves, with Jim hoping that he will not regret it.   
"I'm going to take some photos"
Dani is going into the mine to take some photographs for her website, and Gwyneth wants to go with her.
Gwyneth and several others follow
“Whoa!   You can’t do that!” Jim protests, but they take no notice of him, and with several other people, go in through the entrance.
"I wish someone would bury her under a mountain of waste!"
Dai snarls to Jim, “I wish someone would bury Gwyneth under a mountain of waste!   Did you hear about that idiot son of mine?   He’s forgiven her for the bet – he came back last night and said it was sorted, but he wouldn’t discuss it!”
"DJ is a sensible lad"
Jim points out that DJ is a sensible lad, and there is nothing Dai can do about it, but he goes on, “That boy’s too soft – he lets people take advantage – but the tide turns, 
"When the tide turns for Gwyneth Jones . . ."
“and when it turns for Gwyneth Jones, I want to make damn sure I’m there!”
"What were you going to tell me earlier?"
Inside the mine, Gaynor asks what Ed was going to tell her earlier;  
"I think Kelly is going to ask me to marry her!"
“I think that Kelly’s going to ask me to marry her . . . and I don’t want to do that!” he replies.
"I want to show how narrow these tunnels are"
Elsewhere, Dani urges Gwyneth to go down a side passage;  “I want to take a photo to show how narrow these tunnels are.”   
"This was left behind, years ago"
Tyler has found a tin, left behind by the miners, and shouts to Dani.   
They hear a rumbling sound
At that moment they hear a rumbling sound;  Gwyneth dismisses it as being merely a ghost, and they continue their exploration.   
"We were like one big family, working down here!"
Dai is still going on, to anyone who will listen, which is Hywel at the moment, “It wasn’t just friendship, Hywel – it was a lot more than that.   We were like one big family, and it was very dangerous work.   
"The though. of this being filled with rubbish . . ."
“The thought of this old mine being filled with all kinds of rubbish tarnishes the memory . . .”
"It was your idea to use it for landfill!"
He is stopped by Jim;  “It was your idea to use the place for landfill – 
"You're just a hypocrite!"
“you’re just a hypocrite!”   Then there is another creaking sound, louder than the previous one, and small rocks can be heard falling;  
The mine begins to collapse . . .
Hywel shouts, “Get out!” but is too late, as a major collapse takes place, which involves Jim and Dai as well as Hywel.   
. . . as a cloud of dust envelops everything
In a cloud of dust . . . the episode ends.