8 January 2019

"Gwyneth had a comfortable night"
Jaclyn shouts irritably to her children, “Come on, before I wring your necks!”   Garry is passing, and they ask him how Gwyneth is;  he reports that she had a comfortable night.   
"I can't be late again!"
Jaclyn tells Gerwyn, “I can’t be late again!”
He will ask Anita if they can move into Morawel this weekend, and Guto appears, but his mother yells, “Come on, Tes, or I’ll stick those straighteners in the bin!”
Mathew sees Tesni wearing school uniform . . .
When she eventually comes out of the house, Mathew happens to be coming along the street, and notices Tesni is wearing school uniform;  
. . . and is very worried
he looks very disturbed.
Hywel is playing with Esther
Hywel is playing with Esther when Angela comes downstairs and asks if her dress is too tight;  
"I'll take Esther on my way"
she will take Esther on her way to the plea hearing.   
"No, Hywel, I have to do this on my own"
He wants to come with her, but she says she needs to do this on her own.   “You will come home tonight, won’t you?” he asks, sounding worried.
“I need to admit that I’ve been a naughty girl – and the verdict will be another time,” 
"Are you ready to go, Esther?"
she informs him, and leaves with Esther.   
Mathew is concerned
Mathew arrives, wanting to talk to Rhys, and it is obvious that he is concerned about something;  
"Tesni was in school uniform!"
“She was in school uniform – Tesni – she looked at least 18 at the party, didn’t she?”   
"Looks as if you're in a spot of bother!"
Rhys is quite amused at Mathew’s discomfiture, as he exclaims, “I could go to blinkin’ prison!”
"You should look for a good solicitor"
Rhys suggests he could text her to find out how old she is;  “Or you will have to look for a good solicitor,” he jokes, but this is not appreciated by Mathew.   
"You can't joke about these things, Rhys!"
“You can’t joke about things like this – she’s a schoolgirl!”   Rhys tries to take it seriously, and advises him to text her.
An advertising jacket is part of the punishment
At Penrhewl, Eifion is donning a yellow jacket, inscribed ‘Cae Glas Produce cleaning the community’;  when he protests, Eileen reminds him that he brought shame on the business, and there is a bad review on TripAdvisor.   
"It's either this, or looking for another job"
“It’s either this, or looking for another job,” she warns, and tells him to make sure he gets some photos.  
Jim feels sorry for him
Jim feels rather sorry for him;  “I know he’s an idiot, 
"It's not his fault you're on tenterhooks"
“but it’s not his fault that you’re on tenterhooks because of Angela.”   She concedes that she may have been rather hard on him, and does not trust herself to go to court.
"There are so many things I want to tell the judge"
“There are so many things I want to tell the judge – but if she pleads guilty today, it will be over soon enough.”   Jim does not look similarly hopeful.
"I'm going to the solicitor – and you're paying!"
Dani is going to see her solicitor today, and informs Garry that he will be paying;  he says that Gwyneth is out of danger, in case she cares.   Danny makes no comment.   
"Let's talk sensibly about this, Dani"
He pleads, “Come on, Dani – let’s talk sensibly about this.”
She cannot see there is anything to talk about;  “You believe her, not me!”   
"I can't understand how she managed to change the will"
He cannot understand how she managed to alter the will, but Dani emphasises, “Anything is possible with Gwyneth!   I’m going to find out what I can do.”
"Saving your reputation is not my concern"
As she is about to leave the Deri, she meets Eifion, who thinks she is rather overdressed to pick up litter;  she makes it quite clear, “I like to see the place tidy, but saving your reputation is not my concern – I have to go!”
Ricky was not going to help Eifion . . .
Ricky comes in, having seen Eifion’s tweet, and is eventually persuaded to join him, litter-picking at Llyn Arthur.   
. . . but finds himself talked into it
“We’ll walk around the lake and take some photos, then have a pint,” Eifion suggests, 
"He contacts his mate, Caleb"
so Ricky texts one of his mates, Caleb.
Jim has a phone call
Jim has received a phone call and tells Eileen that it was the agent for Pwll Bach;  she was under the impression they had forgotten about buying that place.   
"Someone else has bought it"
“We don’t have a choice any more – someone else has bought it,” he says, and she points out it would cost too much to repair it after the collapse.
“These international companies have plenty of money – I don’t know who it is, as they wouldn’t tell me,” he goes on, 
Now Jim is worried about hidden toxins
“I hope they don’t apply for a waste disposal licence – goodness knows what toxins could be buried there.”   
"We don't want that near Penrhewl!"
Eileen does not want that near Penrhewl, and Jim calls it, “Disgraceful!”
"Is your solicitor going to put her in prison?"
Dani returns to the Deri and Garry asks her, “Is your solicitor going to put Gwyneth in prison?   What did she say?”   
"I don't have enough evidence"
Dani replies, “There’s not much I can do, as I don’t have enough evidence – which is great for you!   It ensures that Gwern, the golden boy, is fine!”
"This isn't about the children, is it?"
He maintains that he has never shown favouritism to either of them;  “This isn’t about the children, is it?” he adds, 
"You believe Gwyneth over me!"
and she confirms that it is about the fact he believes Gwyneth over her.
"I know what I heard, Garry"
“I know what I heard, Garry!   I am not imagining it, OK?   I had a knock on the head, but I don’t have any other symptoms.”   Garry wants to know how Gwyneth did it, but Dani cannot answer that;  “All she said was that nobody in the village liked her, but people would see her differently if Sheryl had left her the salon.”
"Would she use the salon to be more popular?"
Garry is surprised that she would use the salon to be more popular, but Dani snarls, “She stole the salon from me – and Seren!   
"She's making a fool of you!"
“Do you know what the worst thing is?   She’s making a fool of you!”   This makes Garry think.
"You could go and ask him"
Rhys is delivering his flyers in the village and asks Mathew if he has spoken to Tesni;  they see Gerwyn outside the café, talking to Beti, and Rhys suggests, “You could ask him.”
"You didn't go to court either, then?"
Eileen and Jim meet Anita in the street and assume that she did not go to court either;  
"My solicitor will phone if there's any news"
“My solicitor said she would phone if there was any news,” Anita tells them.
“We’ve got some news – in fact you should talk about it on CwmFM,” Jim tells her, 
"Someone has bought Pwll Bach!"
“Someone has bought Pwll Bach.”   Anita cannot believe anyone would want to buy it after what happened last week, and Jim continues, “Who knows what sort of company will exploit us?”
Eileen says she is very concerned about the community, and imagines that Anita has a lot of contacts.   
"We would like to move this weekend"
On her way into CwmFM, Gerwyn asks her how things are going with the house;  they would like to move in this weekend, as the commute is a pain.
"We've decided to do some work on Morawel . . ."
Anita is not reassuring;  “We’ve decided to do some work on Morawel – you need a decent home, don’t you?   It will be like a palace,”   
". . . it will be ready in a couple of months"
then she breaks the news that it will be ready in a couple of months.”
"Now is the ideal moment, Mathew"
Rhys decides that now is the time, and approaches Gerwyn with one of his leaflets;  
"Everyone has had at least four of them!"
“I’d say that everyone in the street has had at least four of them!” Gerwyn complains, 
"Your children might like a session"
and Rhys suggest that his children might like a session, as the first one is free if they are over 16.
"They're seventeen"
“No – if they want to keep fit, they can join a football rugby team,” Gerwyn says, and Rhys asks if they are over 16;  he is informed that they are 17, 
Mathew is very relieved
and Mathew breathes a sigh of relief.   
"There – you owe me a pint!"
He is told that he owes Rhys a pint.
Ricky is at Llyn Arthur
Ricky is walking through the countryside at Llyn Arthur, picking up litter, 
"What on earth is wrong with people?"
and Eifion wonders, “What on earth is wrong with people – all sorts of animals could be injured by these.   
"I don't usually throw rubbish"
“I don’t usually throw rubbish – I was in a bad mood, that’s all!”
Rick's mates are back from University
Ricky’s four mates come into view, and tell him they came back from University in mid-December, and some of them went on a field trip to Iceland.   “I bet you can’t wait to go to university, Rick – girls on tap!” says Caleb.
Eifion complains about clearing up after yobs . . .
Eifion joins them and points out, “I’m the mug who has to clear up after yobs like you!”   
. . . but they insist they clear up after themselves
Caleb replies that they clear up after themselves, but are not keen to help with Eifion’s clean-up.   
Tossing popcorn into a cup – what fun!
In the shop flat, Mathew and Rhys are playing, childishly, when Gerwyn walks in;  
"This is the bachelor pad, is it?"
“Ah, this is the bachelor pad, is it?” he comments, and Rhys says that it is Mathew’s flat – he still lives with his father.   
"I've heard he likes the ladies, too"
“I’ve heard that he likes the ladies, too,” Gerwyn continues, 
"I'm nothing like Dad"
but Rhys says he is nothing like his father.
"So I don't have to worry about you leading Tesni astray?"
“Good – so I don’t need to worry about you leading my girl astray do I?” says Gerwyn, “Did you want to know her age for any particular reason?” and Rhys maintains that she is too young for him.   He is warned to keep it that way;  
Gerwyn threatens violence . . .
“Tes has been through the mill, so if I find out someone is taking advantage of her, they won’t be going to the gym for a while!   Get it?”   
. . . and Mathew returns to his concerned state
Mathew looks suitably disheartened.
Eifion sees the reactions to the video
Out in the countryside, Eifion looks again at the video, and the comments which it has attracted.   
He will pay them to pick up litter
The five boys are sitting at a picnic table, drinking, and Eifion suggests to them he has £30 for six bags full of litter, and photos of them are wearing high-vis jackets.   They seem to be amenable to this deal.
"OK, I'll send you an e-mail"
Hywel looking at his laptop, and tells someone on the phone that he will send them an e-mail;  Angela comes in, and he asks how it went in court.   
"I'm not going to win any popularity contests . . ."
“Well, I’m not going to win any popularity contests – 
". . . I pleaded not guilty!"
“I pleaded not guilty, against legal advice,” she reveals.
Hywel wonders why she did that;  
"I like being here with you . . ."
she informs him, “Because I like being here with you – 
". . . and I want it to last as long as possible"
“and I want it to last as long as possible.”   He is initially lost for words, 
"I hope your solicitor can work miracles"
but hopes that her solicitor will be able to work miracles, to make this arrangement permanent.
Tesni intends to go out . . .
Gerwyn is arranging flowers at number 10 when Jaclyn and the children return home;  Tesni immediately announces that she is going out.   
. . . but her father expressly forbids it
Her father is adamant, “You’re not going anywhere – the lads in this village – that Llywelyn boy – the womaniser’s son, he was sniffing around Tes this morning – he won’t do that again!   I just gave him a warning, that’s all.”
"How can I move on?"
Tesni erupts, “How can I move on, if you keep worrying about the past?” and rushes upstairs.   
"The sooner we move away from the village, the better!"
Jaclyn says that the sooner they move away from the village, the better, 
"It's going to be a couple of months"
but then he reveals that he has been told it will be a couple of months before they can move into Morawel, as the house is being renovated.
“Ger, why do you have to be so nice?” she demands, “This commute is going to kill me!”
The litter has been gathered . . .
Ricky’s friends have have picked up some litter, 
. . . and documented online
and Caleb posts online, “Cae Glas – cleaning up the environment in the valley.”   
Eifion thanks them for their help
Eifion hands over the money as agreed, and thanks them for their help.   
Ricky is feeling rather isolated
When they go, Ricky feels left out.
Jim cannot believe she pleaded not guilty
As they sit in the Deri, Eileen has a phone call, and Jim cannot believe what she tells him.   
"If you want to get rid of those love 'handles'!"
Nearby Rhys tells Mathew that he has a client in half an hour, but will be in the gym later, if Mathew wants to get rid of his ‘love handles’;  
"A woman likes something to grab!"
then Tesni joins them, commenting that a woman likes something to grab.   
"Where's this woman?   You're just a schoolgirl"
“Where’s this woman?   You’re just a schoolgirl,” says Rhys, and she tells him to grow up.   “Mathew wants you to do the same thing,” he continues, but Mathew protests that he can speak for himself.
"Fancy a film and a few drinks?"
Tesni asks if he is doing anything later;  “Fancy seeing a film and having a few drinks?” but he reluctantly replies that he is busy.   “Did Dad scare you off?” she enquires, but he says it is Tuesday night, with Rhys adding that it is a school night.   She tells Rhys he is seriously getting on her nerves.
"We shouldn't expect any better from her!"
Anita joins Jim and Eileen, assuming they have heard the news;  “We should not have expected any better from her,” moans Jim.   Anita is not looking forward to the rigmarole of giving evidence, and Jim adds, “What with her and Pwll Bach, today couldn’t get much worse!”
Angela and Hywel arrive in the Deri . . .
At that moment, Angela and Hywel come in;  
. . . and Jim wants Angela to leave
Jim wants her thrown out of the pub, 
"Sit down, Jim!"
but is overruled by Garry.   
"Champagne, please, Garry – I'm celebrating!"
Hywel informs them that he is celebrating, and orders a bottle of champagne.   
"What's going on, Dad?"
Jim wants to know what they are celebrating, and so does Rhys;  
"I'm the new owner of Pwll Bach!"
Hywel announces, “Well, I’ve bought Pwll Bach – I’m the new owner!”