12 February 2019

Colin is going to have a quick play with the console . . .
Colin turns on the television and picks up Aaron’s game console;  Britt is coming up the stairs and shouts, “Aaron, no games, I said!” when she hears the sound.   
. . . but is interrupted
Then she finds it is Colin.
“Aaron said you had given him permission,” he tells her, 
"I never did any such thing!"
but she denies this most emphatically;  “I just wanted to check that he hasn’t been playing.” he says.   Britt decides that the console is going into the attic, and insists that she will not put up with the same headache she had with Chester.
Britt is going to get rid of this stuff
As she picks up all the paraphernalia, she maintains, “A bit of fresh air will do him a power of good.   
Colin thinks it advisable not to argue
Colin does not argue, but then is reminded that Catrin had the idea of going away at half term.   He is sure there will be no problem with having the time off, 
"We need some time away from this place"
and Britt says, “We need some time away from this place, Col.”   
Colin does not know what he can do
He does not look very happy.
"I want a service and MOT – not a new car!"
Mark arrives home with a tear in his mail delivery bag, which he wants to repair;  Debbie is on the phone to Gerwyn, and exclaims, “£500?   I want a service and MOT, not a new car!   You said it only needed a couple of brake pads.”   
"Just get it through the MOT"
She gets Mark to speak to him, and he is equally surprised;  “Does it really need that much work?   It sounds like a lot to me.   Fix everything necessary to pass the MOT, and forget the rest for the time being.”
Debbie has just opened the post, and asks why Mark does not bring good news back home with him;  
"How are we supposed to pay this credit card bill?"
“How are we supposed to pay this credit card bill?   We don’t have enough for the car, let alone this.   I’m fed up with being skint, Mark.”   He replies that they will just have to cut back on things, but she whines, “I don’t want to spend my life checking down the back of the sofa for change.”
"I can ask for more shifts at Deri Deithio"
He will ask for more shifts at Deri Deithio, to help pay the bills, 
"No – I've got a better idea!"
but Debbie says she has a better idea.
"Nefi wen!"
At APD, Dai wants to check the joint bank account on the laptop, but enters the wrong password, and exclaims, “Nefi wen!”   
"Have you seen the black book?"
He asks Jason if he has seen the little black book, as he wants to buy Jason’s mother a Valentine’s present.   “What are you buying Sara?” he demands, “A bunch of flowers from the all-night garage?”
"Your mother keeps the passwords in it"
Dai intends to get a nice necklace for Diane;  “I’ve had an e-mail from the company, saying the money hasn’t gone through – that’s why I want the black book – which is where your mother keeps the passwords for the joint account.   I want to see if the money’s gone!”   
"No, I haven't seen it"
Jason replies that he has not seen the book.
"Don't stand there, making the place look untidy!"
“Don’t stand there, making the place look untidy, help me look for it!” Dai rages, but Jason appears rather apprehensive.   
Jason quickly locates it . . .
He finds the book without any problem, 
. . . and makes a slight amendment
but quickly changes one of the digits of the password.   He hands it to Dai, pointing out that it was right in front of his eyes, then says he has to go.
Dai copies the password from the book
Predictably, Dai when enters the amended password, 
"Crikey Moses!"
the website informs him he has been locked out;  he should contact his bank.   He shouts angrily, “Crikey Moses!”
Britt looks at Awyr Iach's jackets
Britt is at Awyr Iach, looking at some of the jackets;  
"The plus sizes are still in the box"
Sara comments that the plus sizes are still in the box, but Britt snarls that it is for Catrin, not her.   “A new coat for our holiday – a chance to get away from everyone around here.   
"We'll find a cheap bargain over half-term"
“We don’t know where we’re going yet – we’ll find a cheap bargain over half-term.”   
"A cheap holiday during half-term?"

Sara wishes her good luck with that;  “A cheap holiday during half term?   It’ll be double the price!   You might find one online, but you’ll be lucky to find one so late.”
"You don't know what kind of people are on the interweb!"
Britt brags that she will not go online;  “You don’t know what sort of people are on the interweb!”   Sara concludes that it looks as if she will be stuck in Cwmderi, in that case, and Britt is downcast.
"I've been locked out of my account!"
Dai is on now the phone, complaining, “I’ve been locked out of my account – what?   They’ve just put me through to you!”   As he waits, Mark comes in for some gaffer tape, 
He gives Mark black tape
and Dai gets the black, but Mark wants red to mend his bag.
On the phone, Dai says, “Yes, I’m still here – and I’m still locked out – Ive just given you the account number!   
"Security code – fflwffen"
“Security code?   fflwffen.”   
Mark looks amused
This makes Mark smile, as Dai growls, “Blinkin’ banks!”   
"£4.99 for a roll of that?"
He charges Mark £4.99, which seems rather expensive.
"Put them in the bin!"
In the street, by the salon, Debbie is handing out flyers to the villagers;  Gwyneth wonders what she is doing, and is told to put them in the bin.   
"I'll take the cost out of your wages!"
“I’ll take the cost out of your wages!” she threatens.   
"Tanning salons make a fortune!"
Debbie points out that she paid for them herself, and asks, “What’s the problem?   Tanning salons make a fortune!”   Gwyneth replies she is obviously unaware how much tanning beds cost.   “You can hire them these days,” Debbie informs her, “And I’ll make the money back for you in a few weeks.”
"Are you trying to take over?"
“What if something goes wrong?   I’ll be sued!” moans Gwyneth, but Debbie was only trying to make some more money for the salon.   “Are you trying to take over?   I’ve got my health to worry about – without having to worry about you stealing everything I have!   I want all of these gone by the time I come back – get it?”
Dai emerges from the toilet
Diane has arrived at APD when Dai emerges from the toilet, looking very stern;  
"Are you going to tell me what's going on?"
“Are you going to tell me what’s going on?” he demands, “The £10,000 that has disappeared out of the joint account!   
"Does that ring any bells?"
“Does that ring any bells for you?”   She denies any knowledge of it, maintaining that it must be a glitch – they happen all time.
“A glitch, my foot!” he rages, 
"Where has that money gone?"
“I’m going to ask the question once more, and I want the truth.   Do you know where that money has gone from the joint account?”
"Don't lose your temper, Dai, but . . ."
After a brief pause, she urges him not to lose his temper;  the thought suddenly occurs to him, 
"Please don't say you gave it to Jason!"
“Please don’t say you gave it to Jason!”   She replies that she had no choice, but he roars, “Of course you had a choice!”
She explains that he is her son – and was in a mess; 
"A son who is happy to fleece us of £10,000!"
“Yes – a son who is happy to fleece us of £10,000!” Dai shouts, going red in the face, “What came over you?”   She tries to explain that Jason has a problem, but Dai insists, “Yes he has – me!” and marches out of APD, 
"Come back, Dai!"
ignoring Diane’s pleas to come back.
Jason studies the laptop . . .
At number 9, Jason is on the laptop, 
. . . hoping that a loan is the way out
looking at a website advertising loans;  Dai bangs repeatedly on the door, yelling, “I know you’re in there!   
"Open this door, before I kick it down!"
“Open this door, before I kick it down!”
"He knows about the £10,000"
Diane enlightens Jason that Dai knows about the £10,000, and Jason says he can explain.   
"I can't wait to hear this!"
“What – explain how you’ve fleeced me of £10,000?   I can’t wait to hear this!” Dai roars.  
Diane urges him to stop, as this is not the time;  “When is the time, then?   After he’s gambled away every penny this family has?  
"You needed more money to waste on the gee-gees!"
That’s why you went behind my back with Siôn White – you needed more money to waste on the gee-gees!
“I knew it was a mistake to make him a partner in the company – you’re a liability, do you hear?”   
"I'm sorry, Dai"
Jason says that he is sorry.   “Oh, you’re sorry – there we are, then, fine!   Give me my money back!”
Jason lamely promises that he will get all the money back, 
"I want that money back, now!"
but this does not satisfy Dai, who wants the money back now.   Diane argues that he should be reasonable, but he says it is too late for that, and he wants his money.
“I don’t have it,” Jason whimpers, 
Sara walks in on this shouting-match
but Dai continues his demand even louder, just as Sara returns home, and wants to know what is going on.
"Well, Jase, are you going to tell her?"
Dai demands, “Well, Jase, are you going to tell her?”
Gwyneth is enjoying the friendly atmosphere
Gwyneth is drinking alone in the Deri, and sarcastically tells Garry she thought she would come in to enjoy the friendly atmosphere.   
"I thought Florence Nightingale had you on lockdown"
“I thought that Florence Nightingale had you on lockdown,” he comments, but Gwyneth informs him that Megan has gone, and maintains that she is not the baddie this time.
“She hid my medication,” she begins, and noticing the scepticism on Garry’s face, 
"If there's any trouble, it's always my fault"
continues, “Funny, isn’t it?   If there’s any trouble, it’s always my fault.   Now, unless you want to accuse me of anything else, I’d like to finish my pint in peace.”
"Is it wise to drink when you're on medication?"
Garry sits down and asks how many she has had;  “Who are you – my mother?” Gwyneth demands, but he wonders if it is wise to drink while she is on medication.   “Am I hearing this right?   A landlord who doesn’t want my money?” she enquires, 
She reels off her tale of woe
“My heart doesn’t work, my staff are trying to steal my business, my son’s afraid to be around me – and you want to stop me having the only comfort I have in life.”
"Gwern's afraid you'll have another heart attack"
Garry points out, “Gwern’s not afraid of being around you – he’s afraid you’ll have another heart attack, and I don’t blame him – the way you’re living your life at the moment!   
"If you want to kill yourself, go for it!"
“If you want to kill yourself, go for it!   My only concern is Gwern.   Enjoy your pint.”
"Can I have a word, Gar?"
Colin comes in and asks Garry if he is free to talk;  “I just want a word – somewhere quiet.”   They go through to the bottom of the stairs, 
"It's the way Aaron's behaving"
and Colin explains, “Britt’s fine – Aaron is the problem – the way he’s been behaving.   He won’t listen to Britt or me.”   
"That's what boys his age do"
Garry replies that is what boys that age do, but Colin says, “This is how things kicked off with Chester – I don’t want to make the same mistakes.”
Garry assures him that Chester and Aaron are very different, but Colin is not so sure of that;  
"He doesn't tell us when or where he's going"
“He insists on going to meet this friend in the park, without telling us when or where he’s going.   It’s Ben – he’s friendly with him through these console games;  this Ben doesn’t turn up, so Aaron ends up in the park on his own – 
"Him and Neville"
“him and Neville, who is busking, or something.
“But that’s not the point – Aaron has changed.   He used to tell us everything – now I don’t know what’s true and what’s a lie.   
"I don't want to upset Britt"
“I want to talk to Britt, but after what’s happened, I don’t want to upset her.”
Garry says that he has done the right thing;  
"I have some experience in persuading people"
“I’ll have a word with Aaron – I have some experience in persuading people.   Leave it to me – everything will be fine.”
"How about fake tans?"
As Mark sits in the salon, repairing his bag, he suggests to Debbie, “How about fake tans, then – you could call it Deri Dano – or Botox – lots of people would use it, and you’d make a fortune.”
"If you don't have a sensible idea . . ."
Debbie is looking for something simple, cheap and low risk;  “If you don’t have a sensible idea, let me think in peace, please.”   
The tape is stuck to his arm
He has managed to stick some of the gaffer tape to his arm, and Debbie rips it off.   
"That hurts – you've ripped the skin off!"
As he complains about how much it hurts, she realises what she can do;  
"Mark, you're a genius!"
“Mark, you’re a genius!   Male grooming – that’s what I’ll do – waxing – the full Monty!”
He points out that she knows nothing about waxing men; she chases him around the salon, saying that she had better practise.
Britt is in holiday planning mood
Britt has found something on the laptop and is on the phone to the company;  
"Orienteering, coasteering, kayaking"
when Colin comes in, she tells him, “I’ve printed some things off the Internet we can do while we’re off work – orienteering, coasteering, kayaking, tree tops, go-karts, and I’ve left messages with a few companies.   
"There are loads of good deals online"
“There are loads of good deals online, Col!   I wasn’t sure about going online, but Sara was right, though I hate to say it!   Things are a lot cheaper on there.”
"Don't you want to go on holiday?"
Seeing his expression, she goes on, “What’s wrong?   You look miserable – don’t you want to go on holiday?”   He insists that he does want to go, and that nothing is wrong.   
"We deserve this, you know!"
She continues, “We deserve this, you know – time together as a family – especially after Christmas and everything.”
"That's brilliant!"
Then her phone rings, and she receives some good news;  “That’s brilliant – thank you!”   
"We're going on holiday!"
She excitedly tells Colin, “We’re going on holiday!” but he looks far from excited.
Sara cannot believe her ears;  “£10,000?” she screams, 
"I didn't want it to turn out this way"
but Jason explains that he did not wanted it to turn out this way.   He was going to get the money from Siôn to clear the debt.   “But you didn’t, did you?” she shouts, 
"Is that why Morawel burned down?"
“You’ve lost every penny!   Is that why Morawel burned down – a cover-up for this?”
He is quite adamant that the fire was nothing to do with him, but she demands, “Why didn’t you say anything?”
"Instead of deceiving and stealing!"
Dai adds, “Instead of deceiving Siôn White, and stealing £10,000 from me?   That worked out well for you didn’t it?”   Sara assumes that Dai knew all about this, but he protests, “Don’t look at me like that – I’m the one who’s out of pocket!”
"Sara, please"
Once again Jason begs her, “Sara, please . . .”
“You’re not going to forgive him, are you, after everything he’s done?” rages Dai, 
"I need a lot of time to think"
and she replies that she needs time to think – a lot of time.
Jason confesses that he is lost, that does not know what else to do;  “I’m trying, Sara – I am – I went to a meeting yesterday, with Mam.”
"Even more lies!"
Sara is even more furious;  “More lies – so that’s what the act was, promising me the world – guilty conscience, was it?”   He pathetically answers that he was trying to show her that he can be a good father had a good husband.   
"God help you and little Ifan!"
Dai advises her not to believe a word he is saying;  “If he can lie to his mother and me, God help you and little Ifan!”   
"It's an illness, Dai!"
Diane argues that it is an illness, but he dismisses that as, “Mumbo-jumbo!   I’ll tell you what it is – it’s not an illness – it’s stupidity!   He’s too stupid to see that no-one ever wins by gambling!”
"Do you think I'm trying to destroy the lives of my family?"
Jason demands, “Do you think I’m trying to destroy the lives of my family?” then turns to Sara again;  
"I need your help, Sara!"
“I need help – I need you – I need your help!”   Sara’s expression is not one of sympathy.
“Right, this might work with you, but it won’t work with me!” Dai rants, 
"It's time you left!"
and Sara thinks it is time that everyone left.   
"I'm not going anywhere until I get my money!"
“I’m not going anywhere until I get my money,” he insists.
"I'm not asking you again, Dai!"
“I’m not asking you again, Dai,” growls Sara, “Off you go – now!”   
"This is not over – by a long shot!"
As they leave, Dai warns that this is not over, by a long shot;  
Jason is in tears
he chillingly informs Jason, who is now in tears, 
"Never come near APD again!'
that he is not to come near to APD ever again.