5 February 2019

Huwi-John can be heard, crying upstairs
Eileen is feeling rather fraught, as Huwi-John is not well;  
She receives a phone call . . .
then she receives a phone call from the hospital.   
. . . about Sioned 
She tells Jim that it was about Sioned.
Kath is working in the shop, and delivers to the café 
Kath hurries into the café with a loaf of bread and four pints of milk for Kelly;  she is helping out in the shop today.   Kelly asks if Sioned is still the same, and Kath remarks, “Poor Eileen, one daughter in a coma, and the other tried to kill her!   She would have succeeded, if Ed had not stepped in.”   
"It wasn't quite like that!'
Ed points out that it was not quite like that, but Kath goes on, “I hope they throw her in prison for ever!”
"I wouldn't trust myself not to kill her!"
DJ is sitting nearby and says, “Quite right – I’d like to get hold of her –mind you, I wouldn’t trust myself not to kill her!”   
"You're not capable of killing anyone, DJ!"
Kelly laughs and maintains he is not capable of killing anyone.
"Do you think I could kill someone?"
“What about me, then, do you think I could kill someone?” asks Kath, 
"Yes, karate-kicking someone off a cliff!"
and Kelly visualises her karate-kicking someone off a cliff.   Ed, meanwhile, is looking particularly downcast, and then goes upstairs without a word.
"No, that's no problem, honestly"
Kath receives a phone call from Eileen;  “No problem, honestly.”   She has been asked to stay on in the shop, 
"It's something to do with Sioned"
and reports it is something to do with Sioned.   DJ gets up and leaves the café.
"Would you be happy for me to pay for the wedding breakfast?"
At Y Felin, Anita asks, “Would you be happy for me to pay for Kelly’s and Ed’s wedding breakfast?   Now we’re tied more closely together, whatever one of us does financially affects the other.” 
"Jason hasn't paid you, has he?"
She notices Siôn’s expression and realises, “What’s wrong?   Jason hasn’t paid you, has he?”
"I'll go over there tomorrow"
Siôn was sure that he would, but says there must be a reason;  he will go over there tomorrow if Jason has not paid by then.   
Ed is carrying a burden of guilt
In the café flat, Ed is once more looking grim, 
"Sorry for all that talk about killing"
and Kelly apologises for all that talk about killing;  “After Dewi, I mean – don’t let it make you unhappy – it’s all going so well.”
"I can't help feeling bad about things sometimes"
He is sorry, but cannot help feeling bad about things sometimes;  
"You had no choice, did you, Ed?"
Kelly reminds him, “You know you had no choice – you had to do it – you were being threatened – let it go, yeah?”
"I'm allowed to fight for what really matters!"
After a moment’s thought, Ed realises, “You’re right – I’m allowed to fight for what really matters.   You and me – that’s what really matters!”   
Ed kisses Kelly
He kisses her.
DJ wants to know what has happened
DJ arrives at Penrhewl, and asks what has happened, adding that Eileen looks terrible;  
"Huwi-John is not well"
“I haven’t slept – Huwi-John is ill,” she replies.   He wants to know what is going on with Sioned, and is told they are taking her off the sedation today.   
"It's the only way to know if her brain has died or not!"
“They don’t know if she is ready yet,” says Eileen, “It’s the only way to know if her brain has died or not!”   Huwi is not well enough to go out.”
"You're in no state to go, Eileen – I'll go!"
Jim advises that she is in no state to go out either, but she insists that she must go to the hospital.   “The only thing you have to do is rest,” Jim tells her, “And you know he won’t settle for anyone but you, when he’s like this.   Listen, I’ll go.”
"Don't worry – I'll look after Jim"
DJ volunteers to accompany him, assuring Eileen that Sioned would understand.   “I’ll phone you if there is any news,” Jim says, as they leave the farm, and DJ will look after Jim.
"I thought you'd be hiding in here"
Jason is just coming downstairs when he hears the back door, and finds that Anita has come in;  “I thought you’d be hiding in here,” she says, 
"I don't like you just walking into my house!"
but he objects to her just walking into his house.   She does not mince her words;  “I won’t be here long – I want you to pay that £10,000 back to Siôn.   You were supposed to do it last night.”
At first, he gives as an excuse that the Internet was down, and now he does not have a laptop here;  
"Don't worry, I've brought mine with me!"
“Don’t worry, because I’ve bought mine with me,” says Anita, and puts it down on the table.
"This is between me and Siôn!"
“Hold on now, Anita – this money is between me and Siôn,” protests Jason, “It’s nothing to do with you!”   She asks what is going on, and when he denies that anything is wrong, 
"All right – prove it!"
she challenges him, “Prove it, then!”
"It's totally unacceptable!"
He returns to his argument that she cannot just walk in like that;  “It’s totally unacceptable!” 
"And so is your refusal to repay Siôn!"
but she emphasises that what is unacceptable is his refusal to pay the money back to Siôn – that is stealing.
By this time Jason is losing his temper;  “I think it’s time for you to leave now!” but Anita refuses to go anywhere until the money is paid back.   
"I'll throw you and your big mouth out on the street!"
“You’re packing this stuff up – or I’ll throw you, your big mouth and your laptop out on the street!” Jason rants, 
"How does that sound?"
“How does that sound?”
"You're the problem, Anita!"
When she asks what is his problem, he shouts, “You, Anita – you’re the problem!   You do what you want – I don’t care!   Thanks for calling!”   
"Aargh!"
He slams the door behind her, and cries out with frustration.
"If you can hear me, nod your head"
By Sioned’s hospital bed, where Jim and DJ are watching, the doctor advises, “We’ve stopped the sedation now – we’ll see if she comes round.   Sioned, if you can hear me, nod your head.”
Sioned's head moves slightly
There is a slight movement of her head;  
Jim and DJ look at each other
Jim and DJ look at each other, as the doctor instructs, “Open your eyes, Sioned,” 
Sioned's eyes flicker open
and she does so, 
Jim is very relieved
much to Jim’s relief.
The doctor goes on, “There’s a tube down your throat – I’m going to remove it.   You’ll have to open your mouth, 
The tube is removed from her throat . . .
and when I say, you’ll need to take a deep breath, and cough.   It will be over soon enough.”
. . . causing her to cough uncontrollably . . 
As the procedure is carried out, Sioned coughs violently, 
. . . and Jim has to look away
and Jim cannot bear to watch.
"Is there something wrong with Jason?"
Anita goes to visit to Diane, who is just having a late lunch;  “I’m not all right, to be honest with you,” Anita begins, “Is there something wrong with Jason?   I felt very threatened by his behaviour towards me – he frightened me, as a matter of fact!”
"He refused to pay back the money"
Diane is very puzzled, and Anita explains, “He owes Siôn money for the kitchen in Morawel, I asked him to pay it back, and he refused.   
"It's a lot of money – £10,000!"
“It’s a lot of money – £10,000!”   
Diane says she is sure there must be some explanation;  
"The fire has upset him"
“As I said, the fire has upset him,” but Anita protests that is no reason not to repay the money, 
"I think there's something seriously wrong!"
and that she gained the impression that there was something seriously wrong.
Diane looks concerned, but says nothing, and Anita pleads, “You know you can tell me if there’s a problem.”   
Diane will find out and let her know
She is told that Diane is not sure what has happened, but will find out, and will let Anita know.
"Where's Mam?"
In the hospital, Sioned asks for her mother, and it is explained to her that Huwi-John is ill, and she could not leave him.   
"She has been up all night with Huwi"
“Eileen has been up all night, and is not feeling very special,” elaborates DJ.   Then Sioned mentions Angela’s name, and DJ replies that she is away.
"While you were ill . . ."
“While you were ill,” he begins, 
"DJ!"
but Jim urges him to stop;  
"She knows that something is wrong!"
“We have to tell her – she knows that something is wrong!”   Jim says she is not in any state to hear something like that, 
"Tell me!"
but Sioned wants to know.   
DJ tells her what happened
“While you were ill, Angela came here – she tried to tamper with the machines – she tried to harm you, but Ed arrived just in time to stop her.”
“Where is she?” Sioned croaks, and is told that no-one knows.
"Anita came to see me earlier"
Diane goes to see Jason, and tells him, “Anita came to see me earlier – something about £10,000 you’re supposed to repay Siôn.”   
"Have you paid it back?"
He argues that it was none of Anita’s business, but she demands, “Have you paid it back?”
When he says that he has done so, Diane gets out her phone to inform Anita;  
"Show me some proof, then!"
“There’s no point – it might not have gone through yet,” Jason protests, so she wants to be shown proof of the payment.   “You don’t trust me, do you?” he says.
"You've lost that money gambling, haven't you?"
“You’ve lost that money gambling, haven’t you?   Tell me the truth!” Diane shouts, 
"Don't look at me like that, Mam!"
and he nods his head, begging her not to look at him like that.   
"How am I supposed to look at you?"
“How am I supposed to look at you? she snarls, “You’ve deceived everyone – you’ve stolen money from Siôn and Anita, my friends!”   
"Will Anita tell people?"
All he is worried about is whether Anita knows about the gambling, and whether she will tell people about the money;  
"I wouldn't be at all surprised!"
Diane replies that she would not be at all surprised.
"Everyone will find out when I go to prison!"
“It doesn’t matter anyway – everyone will find out when I go to prison,” he sighs, “It’s stealing, Mam – there is no way of avoiding it.”
"We could go to somewhere more luxurious"
Reclining on the sofa, Ed suggests, “We could go somewhere more luxurious in Swansea or Cardiff,” but Kelly does not want that, stressing that Cwmderi means a lot to her, and it is where she feels at home.
Anita has been listening in
Anita has silently come up the stairs during this conversation, and listens to them, as Kelly goes on, “This is where I met you – and we won’t need transport, so we’ll save a fortune.”   
"I don't want you to be afraid of spending money"
Ed replies that is that what is bothering him – he does not want her to be scared of spending money, but wants her to have a perfect wedding.   “It will be perfect!” Kelly insists, “But I don’t want us to go into debt, that’s all.”
Anita thinks this a suitable moment to announce her arrival;  
"Have the wedding breakfast at Tapas"
“Before you discuss the wedding further, I’d like to suggest that you have the wedding breakfast in Tapas – and I’ll pay for it, of course.”
"I don't want you to be working on my wedding day"
“I don’t want you to be working on my wedding day,” objects Kelly, “We’ve talked of having it in the Deri,” and Anita agrees that if that is what Kelly wants, she will pay for that instead.
"You're like a daughter to me, Kelly"
“Kelly, love, you’re like a daughter to me – of course I’m sure,” she confirms;  both Kelly and Ed are very pleased.   
"You see, it's all falling into place"
Ed comments that it is all falling into place.
"Where did DJ go?"
Sioned asks where DJ is, and Jim replies that he does not know;  she is still in some pain, 
"I shall have to be less funny"
so Jim considers that he will have to be less funny, so as not to hurt her when she laughs.   “Your Mam wanted to be here – she’s all right, but, 
"Your mother blames herself for what Angela did"
“well, she blames herself for what Angela did.   We all had such a fright – if anything happened to you . . . 
"I'm glad you're getting better"
“well, I’m glad you’re getting better.”   
Sioned reaches for his hand
Sioned holds his hand.
Eileen's tears are of happiness
Eileen is in tears when Kath arrives at Penrhewl;  “Sioned’s all right – I’m happy!” she says, and Kath is very pleased to hear that, 
"What are you still doing at home?"
but wonders what she is still doing at home.   “Huwi-John is ill,” Eileen sobs, but Kath convinces her he will be quite safe in her care, and urges Eileen to go to the hospital to join them.
"Perhaps it would be better if I stayed away"
“Perhaps it would be better if I stayed away,” suggests Eileen, and Kath cannot understand this, insisting that they should be together at a time like this.
"Jim, is everything all right?"
Eileen’s phone rings;  “Jim, is everything all right?   Yes, he’s better, and Kath is going to look after him.   
"Icecream?   Yes, OK"
“Icecream?   Yes, OK.”   
She is hugged by Kath
Kath gives her a hug.
"I've transferred £10,000 from APD to Siôn's account"
As she puts down her phone, Diane informs Jason, “I’ve transferred £10,000 from APD into Siôn’s account,” 
"I don't know what to say, Mam!"
and Jason does not know what to say, apart from thank you.
"Why did you do it, Jason?"
She asks why he did it, and he replies that he could not stop himself;  “Not even for your family?” she demands, “I don’t understand you!” 
"I don't understand myself!"
and he confesses that he does not understand himself, as he looks down at a photo of Ifan.
"Do you have any more debts?"
“Do you have any more debts?” is his mother’s next question;  “I’ve just given you £10,000 – I have a right to know.”   
"The money for a deposit on the house"
He grudgingly admits that they had savings – money they were going to use for a deposit on the house – and that has also gone, 
"Sara must not find out!"
but Sara does not know about it – yet – and he is adamant that she must not find out.
"You're asking me to lie to everyone for you"
“She will find out – and you’re asking me to lie to everyone for you,” says Diane;  he begs her, so she enquires if there is anything else, which he denies, emphatically.
"No, sorry – they'll be here tomorrow"
In the Deri, Ed asks if Dani or Garry are there, as he wants to book his wedding reception;  Dan replies, “No, sorry – they’ll be here tomorrow.”   Ed will have a pint, while he is there.   
"Congratulations on the wedding!"
Eileen comes in, on her way to the hospital, and offer her congratulations to him and Kelly.
"Sioned wants to see you"
She advises, “Sioned has come round – she is going to be fine, and she wants to see you.”   This comes as a surprise to Ed, but Eileen says that it is something to do with Angela.   “I’ll tell her that I’ve passed the message on.”   
This strikes fear into Ed's heart
There is a look of horror on Ed’s face.