25 February 2019

"Come on, Garry, answer the phone!"
Colin is attempting to contact Garry, and becoming increasingly impatient;  then Garry walks into the flat.   “Where have you been?   You haven’t been looking for Neville again, have you?”   
"I couldn't find him"
Garry reports that he could not find him, and Colin replies, “Things are bad enough without you getting into trouble – of course I want to catch him, but leave it to the police, please!   
"Aaron's coming home today"
“Listen, Aaron is coming home today, and Britt doesn’t want to tell him about Neville.”
Then Britt comes in and wonders what they are whispering about;  
"Right, Britt, we have to tell Aaron today!"
“Right, Britt, we have to tell Aaron today!” Colin informs her.   
She assumes that Garry is there to make her change her mind, but he reminds her that everyone around the village now knows what Neville is;  
"No good comes from keeping secrets!"
“It is only a matter of time before Aaron finds out!   No good comes from keeping secrets!” he says, and Colin asks what Aaron is going to think when ‘Ben’ stops contacting him.   “The boy has to be told!” insists Garry.
"Oh, you're on the way now"
Then the phone rings and Britt finds that it is Aaron, who tells her that he is going to be home early;  he is using the teacher’s phone.   
"What am I going to tell him?"
She turns and demands, “What am I going to tell him?”
"Look at this car, Ed!"
In the café, Kelly is looking at the laptop;  “I know you don’t want a fuss, but look at this car, Ed – it’s like something from Hollywood!”   
"But we're having a small wedding"
He maintains that she would need Hollywood’s millions to afford it, and reminds her that theirs is to be a small wedding.   “But it can still be glamorous!” she adds.
"Thought you would be on the catwalks of Paris by now!"
“Speaking of glamorous!” Ed comments as Mark walks into the café with the post;  Kelly thought he would be on the catwalks in Paris by now, 
The poster is very conspicuous
and he wonders why they had to put the poster up somewhere so obvious.   She points out that they must support local businesses, especially when they make people even more gorgeous.
"Ed's perfect just as he is!"
“Mind, Ed’s perfect just as he is!” she insists, and Ed enquires if Mark had the full Hollywood wax;  
"Give it a rest, will you?"
he wearily urges them to give it a rest.   When Kelly goes into the kitchen, 
No more anonymous messages have arrived . . .
Ed checks his phone 
. . . and Ed is very relieved
and is very relieved to see there have been no more anonymous messages.
"Did you have a good holiday?"
Mathew encounters Tesni by the alley, and she asks if he had a good holiday;  she would love to hear all about it.   “Would you like to meet for a drink later?”   
"I'm really busy – and I have to go now"
He answers that he is really busy, and must go now as he is seeing Eifion.
"I'm not looking forwardto telling Aaron"
Colin confides to Garry that he is not looking forward to telling Aaron;  “It’s a terrible thing to have to tell a boy his age.”   Garry is determined to go, saying that he has things to do, 
Aaron is home, after a good weekend
but before he gets the chance, Aaron returns, with his mother.
They ask him if he had a good time, and Colin stops him from using the television;  
"The console isn't there"
“I haven’t watched it all weekend,” Aaron protests, then realises the console is no longer there.   
"What's wrong?"
The three of them all stand looking at him, and he wonders what is wrong.
Colin urges him to sit down for a moment;  
"We found something out about 'Ben'"
“While you were away in Llangrannog, we found something out about ‘Ben’.   Do you remember me saying it was a bit strange that he never turned up when you arranged to meet him?   Well, ‘Ben’ doesn’t exist.”
"Of course he exists – he's my friend"
“Come on, Col – of course he exists – he’s my friend,” Aaron begins, 
"He's not a friend, Aaron!"
but his mother points out that he is not a friend.
"You were actually talking to Neville!"
Colin explains, “What your mother is trying to say is that when you thought you were talking to him on the console, you were talking to someone else – Neville!”
"That Neville – Aaron thing is terrible!"
Kelly serves Mathew in the café, and remarks, “It’s terrible – the thing between Neville and Aaron.”   
"He looked so normal as well"
Mathew replies that he looked so normal as well, and it is a good job Colin found out in time.   “I’m surprised, though – it’s not like Colin to attack someone,” says Kelly.   Mathew comments that  it is difficult to predict what one would do in that situation;  
He meets Tesni again
as he leaves, he meets Tesni coming in.
She enquires if he met Eifion, and wonders what she has done to put him off, again asking, 
"Are you around tonight?"
“Are you around tonight?   To meet as friends, I mean – we are friends, aren’t we?   So we’re not doing anything wrong.   Come on, I’m bored – I’d almost rather be in school.”
"I don't want to get you into trouble"
“I don’t want to get you into trouble – that’s all!” he tells her;  she gives up and walks out of the café.
"I arranged to meet this 'Ben', but Neville turned up"
Colin continues his explanation to Aaron, “We – er – I arranged to meet this ‘Ben’ in the park – I pretended to be you, but Neville turned up.”   
"He busks in the park – that's why"
Aaron points out that the reason is he busks in the park, but Colin continues, 
"It was a cover – to get close to you"
“The busking was a cover – to get close to you.   Men like him are clever.”  
At this point Garry makes his exit
By this time, Garry has had enough and leaves the flat, as Colin goes on, “I phoned ‘Ben’ – from your phone – and watched him receiving the call – sorry, boy, but Neville is ‘Ben’.”   
Aaron retreats to his bedroom
Aaron is overwhelmed and rushes to his bedroom.
Mark delivers post to the garage
Gerwyn is working inside a car when Mark delivers the post to the garage;  “I heard about Neville,” Mark comments, 
"I remember the same thing happened to Courtney"
“Nasty business – I remember the same thing happened to Courtney.   It’s hard to believe that there are people like that about.”   
"There's always someone ready to take advantage"
Gerwyn maintains that there is always someone ready to take advantage, especially of young people.
"Pity you weren't there to help, Garry!"
Mark adds, “Fair play to Colin, though – pity you weren’t there, Garry!   If you’d been there to help . . .”
"If I had, there would be nothing left of him!"
Garry snarls, “If I’d been there, there would be nothing left of him!”   
One of his informants has useful news
Then Garry’s phone rings, and he is given some useful information;  
He jots down a location
he writes down the location, tells the caller, 
"Don't worry, I will"
“Don’t worry, I will!” tears off the page and hurries out of the garage, 
Garry takes his weapon of choice
not forgetting to pick up his trusty baseball bat on the way.
"If you had told me what was going on . . ."
Britt is moaning at Colin;  “I told you not to tell him – if you had told me what was going on in the first place, I would have put a stop to it!”   She points out that he did not know that it was Neville until that day;  
"That would make more sense that attacking him!"
“You could have told me that Neville was sniffing around – that would make more sense that attacking him and being arrested!”
"Attacking who?"
Aaron emerges from his bedroom, and hears the last part of that;  “Attacking who?” he says, “What’s happened?”   
"I lost my temper with Neville"
Colin admits that he lost his temper with Neville – he did not mean to, but was angry;  
"I shouldn't have, but I hit him!"
“I was so angry with him that he’d deceived you – I shouldn’t have, but I hit him!”   
"Now you're in trouble because of me!"
Aaron realises that Colin is now in trouble with the police;  “Because of me!” but is told that this is not his fault.
"I'm trying to make friends, Dad!"
Gerwyn meets his daughter in the street, and asks her if she has finished her coursework;  she ignores him, then turns and complains, “It’s embarrassing, Dad – Mathew won’t even had a drink with me – I’m trying to make friends!”
"Expect me to believe that?"
“Do you expect me to believe that?” her father demands, 
"I can look after myself!"
but she exclaims that she can look after herself.   “Can you?” he goes on, “I think you should stop trying to make friends and finish that coursework.”   
"You're making it impossible!"
She groans that all she wants is to make friends, and he is making that impossible.
Both Mathew and Mark have been watching this exchange, 
"What's the matter with him, then?"
and Mark wonders what is the matter with Gerwyn.   
"You're a bit of a hero now!"
Then he sees Colin approaching and shakes his hand;  “You’re a bit of a hero now,” he says, “Going after that dirty scumbag!”   
"I regret what I did"
Colin replies that he regrets it, but Mark is quite adamant, “People like that deserve everything they get!”
"I've never lost my temper like that before!"
“Mark, I’ve never lost my temper like that before!” Colin admits, and Mark thinks it is fortunate that Garry was not there.
“He regretted it, by the way he was talking – let’s hope that Neville has run far enough away!” says Mark.   Colin is looking concerned.
"The wedding shop will be closed!"
In the café, Kelly is trying to contact Ed;  “Are you on your way back or what?   The wedding shop will be closed.”   Anita tells her not to get worked up, as they have plenty of time.
"You look as if you need cheering up!"
Kelly takes her coffee to Tesni, and says, “It’s on the house – you look as if you need cheering up.   At that moment there is a sound from Tesni’s phone, 
Mathew will meet her tonight
and she sees a message from Mathew;  “Meet in the Deri at three – as friends?” and she cheers up immediately.
Kelly smashes another plate
Kelly accidentally knocks a plate to the floor, and remarks, “That’s the second time today!”   
Anita clears up the pieces, and advises Tesni that Kelly is excited, as she is going to try on her wedding dress today.
"Vintage 1950s from Blue Dreams"
“It’s gorgeous – vintage 1950s from ‘Blue Dreams’,” says Kelly, 
"Didn't I see that the shop has gone bust?"
and Tesni thinks that she saw that the shop has gone bust or something.
“They scammed a lot of people,” she continues, “I saw something on Twitter.”   
"The line is dead!"
Kelly immediately phones the shop, but finds that the line is dead.
"Look, I'm in plenty of time"
As Ed walks through the door, assuring her that he is in plenty of time, 
Kelly goes shooting upstairs
Kelly rushes off up the stairs, without a word.
"Garry's taken the afternoon off"
Colin arrives at the garage, looking for Garry, and finds Gerwyn drinking a cup of tea;  “He’s taken the afternoon off,” Colin is told, “You know what he’s like – he just took a phone call and disappeared.”
Eagle-eyed Colin finds a faint imprint of the address . . .
Colin looks at the papers on the desk, and finds the carbon copy imprint of an address, 
. . . and chases after Garry
which he tears off and goes in pursuit of Garry.
Garry has Neville in his sights
We see Neville, with his arm in a sling, and another man, go in through the front gate of a house;  watching them from across the road is Garry.   
"It's a complete disaster!"
In the café flat, Kelly wails, “It’s a disaster – a complete disaster!   I’ve paid over £1,000 for that dress!”   
"The credit card company will repay the money"
Anita is sure that the credit card company will repay the money, as it is a scam, but Kelly goes on, “We might as well cancel the wedding.”   
"We'll find another one"
Anita tries to get Kelly to put things into perspective, pointing out that it is only a dress, and they will find another one.
Ed comments that there are loads of dress shops, but Kelly squeals that they do not understand;  “That was the perfect dress!   I felt like a princess!”   
"I would marry you in a pair of jeans!"
He stresses that he does not care what she wears, and would marry her in a pair of jeans.   Anita maintains she does not know how lucky she is, marrying someone like Ed.
"You don't think it's a bad omen, do you?"
“You don’t think it’s a bad omen, do you?   You know, like we’re not meant to get married?” broods Kelly, 
"I love you, and I'm going to marry you!"
but Ed asserts that he loves her and is going to marry her;  nothing is going to stop that.   “I’m not marrying you in jeans,” she growls.
"We're going shopping early tomorrow morning!"

Anita takes charge;  “Right, we’re going to look online, and go shopping early tomorrow morning – we'll find another one!”
Garry – with his offensive weapon
Garry walks up the path of the house, with his baseball bat at the ready;  he hesitates by the front door, 
He peers in through the window . . . 
then walks round the side of the house, where he peers through a window.   Neville and two mates are drinking and laughing together.   
. . . but then seems to lose his nerve
Garry appears to have an attack of conscience.
"There's no harm in meeting as friends"
Tesni arrives at the Deri, where Mathew is waiting for her, and apologises for earlier;  “You might be right – there’s no harm in meeting up as friends, is there?”
"You only want to be friends, do you?"
“So you only want to be friends, do you?” she enquires, and he thought that was what she wanted.   “You know that’s not true,” she continues, 
"I like you – but it's not as easy as that"
and he confirms that he does like her, but it is not as easy as that, and raises the subject of her father.
“He doesn’t have to know – so there we are!” says Tesni, 
"I'm meeting someone – a girl"
but then her phone sounds, and she has to go, giving the excuse that she has promised to meet someone – a girl – 
"I'll text you"
and she will text him.
"And even some chocolate sauce!"
Britt has made pancakes for Aaron, and even bought some chocolate sauce from the shop;  “I bet you didn’t have that in Llangrannog,” she says.   
"When can I have the console back?"
Aaron is looking downcast, and wants to know when he can have the console back.   “Once the police have finished with it,” is Britt’s answer
In tears, Aaron asks, “Mam, what if they’ve got it wrong?   That Neville didn’t do anything?”   Britt is sure that is not the case.   
"All we did was play on the console"
“All we did was play on that console – just playing!”
Colin has located Garry
As a train in Great Western Railway livery passes nearby, Colin finds Garry in the car;  
"You haven't . . . um?"
“You haven’t . . . um?”   
Garry shakes his head, and Colin moves round to get in the passenger door;  
"I couldn't do it, Col"
he asks if Neville saw him.   “I couldn’t do it,” Garry confesses, “He was sitting there, laughing.   
"I wasn't strong enough!"
“I wasn’t strong enough.”
Colin is pleased to hear this, and suggests that they phone the police, but there is no need for that, 
A police car with three officers arrives
as Garry draws his attention to the police car, with flashing blue lights, arriving at the house.   Three officers get out of the car, and Colin wonders how they knew where to come.
"I phoned them"
“I phoned them,” Garry answers, 
Neville is taken away
as Neville is marched out of the house and loaded into the police car.