31 January 2019

Ed is extremely worried
Ed stands in the flat, looking very concerned;  he picks up his phone and is about to send a message to Angela, 
He decides against contacting Angela's number . . .
but then thinks better of it.   
. . . and does not know what to do
He sits down on the sofa.

Hywel pays a visit to Penrhewl, and Jim asks, “What’s brought you out of your hideaway?   We’re not interested in your plans for Pwll Bach.”   Hywel is worried about Angela, 

"Sioned is our concern!"
but Jim points out that Sioned is their concern and report there is no change in her condition.
“Angela is worried as well,” Hywel begins, and Jim scoffs that she has a funny way of showing it.   
"I haven't heard from her since"
“She texted me last night to say she was not coming home – and I haven’t heard from her since,” Hywel says.
"You'll soon learn what she's like!"
“That’s Angela – you’ll soon learn what she’s like!” observs Jim, but Hywel adds that they argued, about something trivial, and he is afraid he has upset her before today’s court case.   He is told, “That’s a Cock and Bull story!   
"You're only trying to dupe Eileen"
“You’ll use any excuse to dupe Eileen into being sympathetic to her in court!”
"If she admitted what she did was wrong . . ."
Eileen informs him that if Angela went into the dock to admit what she did was wrong, perhaps they could talk then, and Jim tells Hywel that he knows where the door is.
Siôn shows Iolo pictures of the damage
Siôn shows Iolo pictures on the laptop of the damage to Morawel;  Iolo knows that Anita must be very upset.   “It couldn’t have happened at a worst time – she’s in court today, testifying against Angela,” his father tells him.   He maintains that Siôn ought to be there, supporting her, but Siôn admits that he would be useless, as all that is on his mind is the fire.
Then there is a knock at the door, and as they presume, it is Jason;  
"Thank goodness no-one was hurt"
“Thank goodness that no-one was hurt, says Iolo.   Siôn has not yet heard from the fire officer, but Jason suggests that most fires are caused by an electrical fault. Iolo wonders if Jason’s tools were up to standard, 
"How about your rush job on the boiler?"
and Jason, in turn, points the finger at Iolo’s work on the new boiler, reminding him that it was a rushed job.
Iolo protests, “My work is never shabby – and you know that!”   
"Blaming each other won't help!"
Siôn emphasises that arguing and blaming each other will not help anyone.   Then the phone rings, 
Siôn has some bad news . . .
and Siôn is given some news which shocks him;  
. . . and Jason looks uneasy
Jason is looking increasingly uneasy.   
"The fire was started deliberately!"
“They have discovered the fire was started deliberately – the police have started an investigation!” advises Siôn.
"Have you heard from Angela today?"
Hywel now visits Ed in the café flat, as Ricky said he could go up;  “Have you heard from Angela today?” he asks, 
"She has no reason to talk to me"
and Ed points out that she lives with him;  she has no reason to talk to Ed.   
"I'm worried she's not going to turn up to court"

“I haven’t talked to her since last night – I’m worried she’s not going to turn up in court today,” Hywel goes on.
“She’s never faced her responsibilities – in any case she’s not your problem,” Ed replies, “You’re more than just friends, are you?   
"I've told you what she's like!"
“I’ve told you what she’s like, and that’s not likely to change.   She tried to harm Sioned!   You’ll forget about her – if you’ve got any sense!”
"I must show I haven't turned my back on her"
Hywel is determined to go to court to show that he has not turned his  back on her, but, as he leaves, Ed comments, “I don’t know why you bother – she’s not worth it!”   
Ed begins typing something . . .
He picks up the laptop, and begins typing something;  
. . . this, to be precise
‘Sorry, Hywel, coming back was a mistake.’   Then after further thought, he continues, ‘I tampered with . . .’
"Just get over here now, will you?"
Jason is on the phone, and says, “Just get over here now, will you?   Of course I’m panicking, Sandra – they know the fire was started deliberately.   Sara’s away on a course – 
"But come in through the back door!"
“but come in through the back door!”
As there is repeated knocking at the front door, he has to go to answer it, and finds that it is DJ;  
"I must have been a terrible experience"
“Sara told me about the fire – it must have been terrible experience,” says DJ, and Jason says he is still in shock, 
"Weeks of work were destroyed!"
as weeks of work have been destroyed.
“Have the Fire Brigade said how it started?” DJ enquires, and Jason is anxious to get rid of him;  
"Did you have to flee from the house?"
“Did you have to flee from the house?” is the next question, and Jason confirms that he was not there, but in the pub.   “You must have been glad you were there – or cursing yourself that you weren’t there to put the fire out!” DJ continues.
"I'm in shock, and I don't want to talk about it!"
Jason resents all these questions, insisting, “I’m in shock, and I don’t want to talk about it – all right?” but DJ is not persuaded, pointing out that Sara said most of the damage was in the kitchen.   This is getting too near the truth, so Jason wants him to go, assuring him that there is nothing to talk about, as it was an accident.
"Has anyone suggested otherwise?"
“Has anyone suggested otherwise?” DJ rather pointedly enquires;  
"If I want to talk, I know where you are"
Jason growls that if he wants to talk to anyone, he knows where DJ is.
Ed makes sure to leave no fingerprints
Ed, wearing blue latex gloves, has surreptitiously entered Hywel’s house and collected together Angela’s clothes, which he packs into her red case;  
He leaves the note on the kitchen table . . .
then he leaves a slip of paper on the kitchen table and goes out of the back door.   
. . . and this is the full text of it
We see that the note is what he was composing on the laptop earlier, indicating that she is never coming back.
"I'll help you clear up, if you like"
DJ goes to Y Felin, volunteering to help clear up at Morawel – fill skips and that sort of thing.   Siôn advises him that the police are still investigating, because the fire was started deliberately;  
"Dad thinks he's upset someone locally"
“Dad thinks he has upset someone locally, who couldn’t afford to buy the place,” says Iolo.   Siôn appreciates that there was opposition to second homes, and he sympathises with that.
DJ asks whether the new kitchen was destroyed;  
"I paid Jason £10,000 for that kitchen"
Siôn confirms that it was, and it had only just been fitted – he puts it down to bad luck.   “Had you paid for it?” wonders DJ, and Siôn reveals that he paid Jason £10,000 for it, paid into his account.   Iolo regards it as lucky that he had insurance, 
DJ's brain is putting two and two together
and DJ appears to be putting two and two together.
Ed is back at the mineshaft . . .
Ed has reached the top of the mineshaft, where he looks around to ensure he is alone,
 
. . . and launches Angela's case into the mine

then drops in the case, which lands with a thud at the bottom of the shaft.   
He puts a photograph in his pocket
He looks at a photograph of Angela, then it puts it in his pocket and leaves the scene.
"There's a warrant out for her arrest"
At Penrhewl, Jim does not expect Angela can stay away for long, now there is a warrant out for her arrest;  
"I'm trying to imagine what's going through her mind"
“I’m trying to imagine what’s going through her mind,” Eileen says.
He is sure she is trying to make her mother feel guilty for giving her away;  “That’s what her plan was from the start!”   Eileen supposes that they spent a few happy times together;  “But Angela was unstable long before that – she caused me a lot of pain, too, don’t forget,” Jim reminds her
"What should I do if she gets in touch?"
Eileen wonders what she should do if Angela gets in touch, and is advised to phone the police immediately.   
"Im responsible for the way she's turned out!"
Eileen concedes, “Yes . . . I suppose you’re right – she won’t get better otherwise, and it’s my duty to help her, because I’m responsible for the way she’s turned out!”
"We must focus on Huwi-John now – and Sioned"
Jim cannot agree with this, and insists that she must focus on Huwi-John now – and that they need to give Sioned as much support as possible;  
"She'll need a lot of care after this"
“She’ll need a lot of care after this!”
"Siôn's asking for a receipt for the kitchen"
Sandra has arrived at number 9, and Jason tells her, “Siôn’s been on the phone, asking for a receipt for the kitchen.”   
"Tell him it was a cash deal"
She replies that he should tell Siôn it was a cash deal with no paperwork.   “Then Siôn will go to the shop and check – you haven’t worked this out at all, have you?” he groans, but she maintains she was willing to take the risk for his sake.
"Forensics will go through everything with a fine-tooth comb"
“Forensics will go through everything with a fine-tooth comb – they’re not stupid!” he emphasises.   
"We could do a runner – a long way from here!"
With a smile, Sandra suggests that they could do a runner, a long way from there. “And now you’ve lost the plot completely!” he shouts.
She naïvely argues, “We can deal with the gambling as well – a new start for both of us – 
"I want to be with you!"
“I want to be with you – you make me so happy!   We could have a fantastic time together!”
"I don't have any feelings for you!"
He spells it out, “Sandra, I’m sorry, dear, but I’m not interested.   I don’t have any feelings for you – where do you get these ideas?   I have a family here whom I love!”   She argues that he is no use to his family in this state, but then there is a knock at the door, and he reckons that it is the police.
"Confess what you've done!"
He instructs her, “This is your chance – confess what you’ve done – tell the truth! You have to tell them – I didn’t start the fire, did I?”   
She replies that neither did she;  
"I've never been near Morawel, have I?"
“You started the fire – I’ve never been near Morawel, have I?”   
The knocking continues, and, warning Sandra not to move, 
"We need to talk, Jason"
Jason finds that it is DJ again.   Sandra makes a hasty exit via the back door.   “We need to talk,” announces DJ.
"Angela has cleared all her stuff out"
Hywel reports to Ed that Angela has cleared all her stuff out;  “I’m sorry for taking her side against you – I feel like a fool!”   
"Her past is bound to catch up with her!"
Ed predicts that her past is bound to catch up with her.   “To think, I slept with someone who was willing to kill her sister!” Hywel remarks.
“Just be grateful she left before she made a mess of your life, too,” Ed consoles him.   
"She wanted to become my business partner"
Hywel reveals that she tried to persuade him to let her become his business partner, and realises that was her game.   When he said no, she left;  
"Angela always has an ulterior motive"
Ed points out, “Angela always has an ulterior motive.”   Hywel states quite clearly that he never wants to see her again.
"I found this photo"
Ed lies that he found the photo of Angela outside;  “We should have a pint some time, to celebrate you escaping her claws.”   Ed leaves the house, and Hywel crumples up the photo in his hand.
"What do you want, DJ?"
Jason demands what DJ wants;  “I know what it’s like to be in a dark place, but you don’t have to suffer alone,” DJ begins.   Jason tells him he is making a mountain out of a molehill. “You look like a man carrying a burden,” DJ goes on, and Jason confirms that he feels responsible for the fire.   
"Responsible – or guilty?"
“Responsible – or guilty?” is DJ’s next question;  “Were you involved in the fire?   It was convenient that you were in the pub – plenty of people there to see you.   
DJ seems to have Jason summed up
“You used £5,000 for the kitchen money to clear the debt on the credit card in my name, and you probably gambled the rest.   Then you pretended to buy a new kitchen, and burned the place down before anyone saw it wasn’t there!   I’m not stupid, Jase!”
"Do you honestly believe I could do that?"
“Do you honestly believe I could do that?” Jason demands, 
"When you're an addict, logic doesn't come into it!"
but DJ replies that when you are an addict, logic does not come into it.   Jason becomes threatening;  
Jason turns belligerent
“I haven’t done anything wrong!   If you dare suggest anything like that to anyone, 
"You'll regret it – OK?"
“you’ll regret it!”   DJ now knows that his suspicions were correct.
"Nothing is going right!"
At number 7, Siôn is also angry that nothing is going right;  “Until the police finish their investigation, I cannot do anything!   Who knows how long it will take?   
"What if the insurance won't pay up?"
“What if the insurance won’t pay up!”   Iolo urges his father to stop panicking for no reason, but he goes on, “What if they think I was involved in the fire?”
"There's something I need to tell you"
Iolo’s efforts to calm his father down are disturbed by the arrival of Jason, who announces that there is something Siôn needs to be told;  “I haven’t got a receipt for the kitchen – I didn’t buy the kitchen – the deal fell through!   
"I was so ashamed that I lied to you"
“I was so ashamed that I lied to you – I’m so sorry, Siôn!”
"You've done me a favour, Jason!"
Siôn assures him that there is no need for apologies, but Jason has done him a favour;  “At least, now I’ve got £10,000 to start on the repair work!”   Jason confirms that he will get every penny back;  he just needs a couple of days for it to clear.
"The pressure round Sioned's brain has reduced"
Eileen is on the phone;  “Thanks for letting me know,” and, amidst tears, advises Jim that the pressure around Sioned’s brain has reduced, 
"That's good news!"
and there is a chance that she will recover.   “I was expecting the worst when I heard the doctor’s voice.   
"I hope it brings Angela to her senses"
“I’ll let Angela know, and hope it brings her to her senses.”   
However, she finds that Angela’s phone is switched off, and this is interpreted by Jim to mean she is not concerned about Sioned;  
"The only person she's concerned about is herself!"
“The only person she’s concerned about is herself!”   Eileen wails that she has given Angela chance after chance, but is not going to bother with her any more.
Jim confirms that she will only get hurt, 
"It's Huwi and Sioned that matter"
and Eileen is determined, “It’s Huwi and Sioned that matter - they’re our family now!”
Siôn tries to relax with a cup of tea
At number 7, Siôn is making a cup of tea when two police officers arrive;  
The police want to interview him
“Siôn White?   Your partner, Mrs Anita Pierce, said you were here.   She is being questioned, and I’d like you to come to the station to be questioned, too.   We’re investigating arson in Morawel at Aberporth – you are helping with our enquiries.”
"I haven't done anything wrong!"
Siôn protests that he has done nothing wrong, 
"Siôn White, I'm arresting you . . ."
but when the officer threatens to arrest him, he agrees to accompany them, maintaining that he has nothing to hide.
He is put into the police car . . .
As he is marched to the police car outside, he is watched by, among others, 
. . . watched by Ed
Ed at door of the café, and Jason.   
"They think he was involved in starting the fire!"
Iolo tells Jason they suspect he was involved in starting the fire.   
DJ is watching Jason from along the street . . .
We see that DJ is watching from the other end of the street – 
. . . and Jason is well aware of this
and Jason also notices this.