6 February 2019

"I've got football training"
Gwern comes into the Deri, and Dani says she thought he was going to see his Mam after school;  “I’ve got football training – Tristan’s picking me up,” he tells her.   She points out that he has not seen his mother since last week, and it is his birthday.
"Come on, you can see your Mam"
“Come on – you can miss football tonight and go to see her,” Dani suggests, 
"I don't want to – not tonight!"
but he does not want to see her, not tonight.   “Listen, Gwern, I know Mam has not been able to do a lot with you lately, but it will be different when she’s better,” 
"She is going to get better, you know"
Dani assures him, “And she is going to get better, you know.   
"I'll deal with your Mam"
“All right, go and get changed for football – I’ll deal with your Mam.”
"Talking to your girlfriend online, is it?"
Aaron comes in, arguing with Catrin;  when he says he wants to go home, she taunts him, “To talk to your girlfriend online, is it?”   
"Not again, Catrin!"
Then she tells her mother that she has lost her key, and Aaron calls her stupid.  She responds, “I think Aaron’s in love!” and he shouts at her.
"I had enough of that behaviour from Chester!"
Britt is becoming angry;  “I had enough of that behaviour from Chester – don’t you start going same way!”   
"Stop smiling – to I'll punch you!"
Aaron tells Catrin to stop smiling or he will punch her;  Britt shouts, “That’s enough!   One more word and you’ll be staying here to help me wash glasses!”
"Look at the waste on these plates!"
Dani is infuriated to find two half-eaten plates of food on the bar;  “Look at the waste on these plates!” but Britt is too busy to get involved.
Gwyneth does not look 100% . . . 
In the salon flat, Gwyneth is waiting for Gwern’s arrival, 
. . . but has prepared a party for Gwern
and has prepared a birthday party for him;  she still looks far from well, as a text from Dani appears on her phone.   
However, he is not coming
It reads, “Gwern isn’t coming over today.   Football training.”   Gwyneth looks very disappointed.
"Thanks for what you did yesterday, Mam"
At APD, Jason thanks his mother for what she did yesterday, and again expresses his regrets for everything.   
"We'd better not talk about it here!"
She says they had better not talk about it there, and Dai comes over, demanding, “What’s going on here, again?   More secrets, is it?   
"It's getting more like the Masons here every day!"
“It’s getting more like the Masons here every day!   But maybe I should be grateful that Jason has bothered turning up for work – where were you working yesterday?”
"He was ill yesterday"
Diane replies that he was ill yesterday;  Dai continues his rant, “He was ill two days ago – he was ill last week, and the week before!   
"Is that what illness is these days?"
“Is that what illness is these days – working behind the boss’s back for cash in hand?”
Diane insists that there is no need to carry on and on;  “What he did wasn’t as bad as that!”   
"We shall need a new sandblaster"
Dai refers to the fire in the house where Jason was working;  “If Siôn White wants us to do the place up again, we’ll need a new sandblaster – and they cost a few thousand!   There was enough money in the account, but we have to have one.   Right, is little Jason strong enough to give me a helping hand?”
Diane shouts at him, “That’s enough, Dai, you’re upsetting him!”
"Nobody cares if they upset me!"
“Upsetting him?   Nobody cares if they upset me, do they?   Come on, get a move on!” Dai snarls.   
Diane deliberates on what to do next
Diane ponders on what her next move should be.
Aaron is conversing online with Ben, and asks if he is off school;  he replies that he is in his Gran’s house in Llanarthur.   
"I live near there"
“I live near there,” Aaron tells him, “In Cwmderi.”   
Ben wants to meet him . . .
Ben would like to meet up, in Cwmderi Park, right now, and after a bit of thought, 
. . . and Aaron is eager to do so
Aaron confirms that he is on his way.   
Ben gives his phone number . . .
He is given Ben’s phone number, 07700 902545, 
. . . and Aaron puts on his coat
turns off the television and puts on his coat.
"Are you well enough to be out?"
Gwyneth comes into the Deri, and Dani wonders if she is well enough to be out;  
"It's the only way to see my own son!"
“I don’t have much choice, if I want to see my own son!” she growls in reply, “Does he have to go football training?   You should have insisted that he came to see me today.”
"I think Gwern's finding it hard"
Dani informs her, “Listen, Gwyneth, I think he’s finding it hard, seeing you so ill – he’s frightened.   That is more or less what he said – but that’s children and their imagination.   Just give him some time, and he’ll be fine.   
"Go up and see him before he goes"
“Go up and see him now before he goes.”
"What did Marley's Ghost want, then?"
Britt comments, “So what did she, Marley’s Ghost, want?   You’d think that she would realise by now she’s not welcome anywhere!”
"I might as well have another"
Eifion is at the bar, and has to take over at the shop from Colin, but decides to have another pint before he goes
Hywel is working on his Pwll Bach plans
Hywel is on the phone looking for information on who he should contact to discuss his plans, and announces to Rhys that there has been a bit of progress.   
"Perhaps we can talk about something else"
“Good,” he replies, “Perhaps we can talk about something else now.   
"This is important to me"
Hywel insists that this is important to him, but Rhys suspects he is trying to take his mind off other things, Angela for instance.
“She knows I never want to see her again,” his father says, “I left her a message.”   Rhys asks what he is going to do if the application is rejected, but Hywel is quite sure it will not be rejected;  
"I know someone on the committee!"
“I know someone on the committee!”
"Abouth this sandblaster – what can we do?"
Jason asks his mother, “If Dai is serious about buying this sandblaster, what can we do?”   
"I've transferred the money from our savings account"
She replies that she has had to move money from elsewhere, their savings account, but assures Jason that Dai never checks it.
"Crikey Moses!"
Dai comes in, complaining bitterly, “Crikey Moses!   I’ve never seen such a mess in a van!   It had a service and a valet last week!”   Jason points out that the van is nothing to do with him any more.   “You, Mathew, Jim – you’re all the same!” he is told.
"And you never make a mess anywhere, I suppose!"
“And you never make a mess anywhere, I suppose!” is Jason’s retort, but Dai maintains that he is allowed to be messy in his van;  he can do what he likes in his own van.   Diane looks disgusted with the pair of them, 
"What's the matter with your mother?"
picks up her coat and walks out.
"Aaron!   Catrin!"
Colin arrives back from the shop, and calls the children, then finds the room in a state of disorganisation and starts to tidy it;  “Aaron, clear up this mess before your mother gets home!” he shouts.
"I've been doing my homework"
Catrin has been doing her homework and remarks that Colin is late;  he wants to know where Aaron is, but she has no idea.
"Thanks, Mam!"
Gwyneth has taken a birthday present for Gwern up to the Deri flat, and he, rather unenthusiastically, thanks her for the Newcastle football shirt.   
"Why don't you come over and we can have a party"
“I’ve got a cake in the flat with candles and everything – why don’t you come over and we can have a party to celebrate your birthday?”
"I have to go to football"
Gwern replies, “I have to go to football – we’ve got a match on Saturday!”   
"I'm getting better now"
Gwyneth urges him to come with her, but he does not want to;  she stresses that she is getting better now, 
"Go down and wait for Tristan"
but Dani comes in, and tells him to go downstairs to wait for Tristan.
"You were trying to force him to come over"
“You were trying to force him to come over to the flat,” says Dani, “And he was feeling uncomfortable.   If you put pressure on him, he’ll start avoiding you.”   
"You think you know Gwern better than his mother"
Gwyneth protests that she is talking as if she knows Gwern better than his mother, and remarks that he was disappointed to see the football shirt.
"I wish I had checked first"
Dani says that he does not support Newcastle any more, and Gwyneth wishes that she had checked first.
Aaron searches for Ben . . .
In the park, Aaron is looking unsuccessfully for his friend, 
. . . and gets no answer on his phone
and when he tries the phone number, there is no reply.   
He passes a shelter with a busker inside it
In the background there is the sound of a busker with his guitar, who is out of the rain, under a shelter.
Diane sits and worries
Diane is sitting at home when Jason comes in through the back door;  
"What's wrong, Mam?"
he asks what is wrong.   
"You – fooling around as it there was nothing wrong"
“You – fooling around with Dai, as if there was nothing wrong!” she rages, but Jason does not want him getting suspicious, and promises that he will pay the money back.
"With what?"
“With what?” Diane demands, “It’s me that enables you to do these things – the deception, the pretending that everything is OK.   I’m telling lies to people for you – 
"I'll either hate myself – or you!'
“and at the end of all this, I’ll either hate myself or hate you!”   
She dissolves into tears, and Jason tries to comfort her;  
"I have to confess to everyone!"
he asks himself, “What have I done?   I have to put a stop to this – it’s time to face up to what I’ve done, and confess – to everyone, not just Sara and Dai!   I can’t have you feeling like this!”
"No, you can't do that, love!"
She begs him not to do that, but is determined that she will help him, as he is her son;  “We’ll face this together, love,” she tells him.
"Why are you crying, Diane?"
At that moment the back door opens, and Dai is home;  he wonders why Diane is crying, 
She lies that she has been looking at old photos
and she says she has been looking at old photos of Emma and Hannah.   
"As if things aren't depressing enough as it is!|
“As if things aren’t depressing enough as it is!” grunts Dai, “Are you friends now?”
She confirms that they are, 
"Are we friends, Dai?"
and asks him if he is friends with them;  “I suppose so – we’re family,” he grudgingly replies, 
"As long as there's no more deception and lies"
“As long as there is no more deception and lies, OK?”
"Hey, Aaron!"
Aaron is still unable to locate his supposed friend, but happens upon Neville, the busker;  “Do you remember me?” he asks, “How are Britt and Catrin?   
"I've thought a lot about you all"
“I’ve thought a lot about you all since Christmas – and I’m really sorry about what happened.   
"I understand if you can't forgive me"
“I understand if you can’t forgive me.   
"Go to the café and get a hot chocolate"
You’re cold – go to the café and get a hot chocolate to warm you up!”   He hands some money to Aaron, who walks away.
"Are you supposed to drink alcohol?"
In the shop, Eifion serves Gwyneth, and enquires, “Are you supposed to drink alcohol after having a heart attack?”   He is told that it is none of his business;  
"I don't care what you do!"
“Yes, you’re right – I don’t care what you do,” he goes on,
She asks if the shop could deliver
“If I phoned with a food order tomorrow, things that are too heavy for me to carry, could someone bring them up to the flat?” she asks, but Eifion informs her that the shop does not do deliveries.
“If we did it for you, we would have to do it for everyone – 
"Why don't you ask one of your 'friends'?"
“why don’t you ask one of your ‘friends’?” he grins, and she leaves the shop.
"It's getting dark, Cat!"
Colin is becoming worried;  “It’s getting dark!” 
"It does that every night, Col"
and Catrin remarks that is what happens every night;  “He’s not back – phone him again!”   She says that she has tried to phone but there is no answer.   “Your mother is going to kill me!” he predicts, and at that moment she arrives.
"He wasn't here when I got back"
When she is advised that Aaron is still out, she begins complaining, “He’s not supposed to go out without telling us where.   When did he go?”   Colin reports that he arrived back at 4:10pm and he was not there then.   “You’re supposed to be here when they get home from school,” Britt reprimands him, but he explains that Eifion was late, starting his shift.
"If I had known, I would have thrown him out!"
“He was drinking in the Deri – if I had known, I would have thrown him out!” is Britt’s response, then she turns to Catrin and demands what she was doing.   Catrin explains she was doing homework in her room.   Britt wonders, “Where on earth can he be?
Gwyneth opens one of the lager bottles . . .
Alone in the salon flat, Gwyneth opens one of the bottles and begins to drink;  
. . . and removes the candles, one by one
she sits down at the table and removes the candles from the birthday cake, 
She does not look happy
looking very miserable.
"I thought you were working in the shop"
Later, Eifion is back in the Deri, and Dani was under the impression he was working in the shop;  “I closed early – the only customer I’ve had in the last hour was Gwyneth, and nobody wants to see her, do they?”   Dani feels rather sorry for her, as she must be quite lonely;  Eifion agrees that she does not have any friends, and comments, “She bought bottles of lager when she came in.
"If I can get hold of this bloke, there will be no problem"
Elsewhere in the pub, Hywel is telling Rhys, “This bloke used to live in the village, and if I can get hold of him, there will be no problem with Pwll Bach.
"Is there something wrong with this food?"
Dani comes across, and notices the food left on their plates;  Rhys remarks that his father was not hungry, as he has a lot on his mind.   “There’s only one way into Pwll Bach, as I see it,” says Hywel.  
"Eileen and Jim would never give permission!"
Eifion happens to be nearby and points out that it is Penrhewl’s land;  “Eileen and Jim would never give permission for their land to be used for access to Pwll Bach.   What about planning permission?   Without access, there would be no landfill.”
 Does Hywel's excessive pride presage a forthcoming fall?
Hywel appears to be exceedingly confident, and promises, “I’ll get planning permission – so Pwll Bach will be a success, whatever you, Jim or Eileen say.”   Rhys looks disturbed by this.
Eifion laughs, “A success?   With a cheat like you in charge?  
"How many years has it been now?"
Then Hywel receives a phone call;  “Thanks for getting back to me – how many years has it been now?   
"I look forward to seeing you"
“Yes, Friday is fine with me – I look forward to seeing you.”
Hywel is now feeling very generous – even to Eifion 
In a very good mood, Hywel goes to the bar for another pint, and offers a drink to Dani and Eifion, who makes a point of refusing it. 
"Should I phone the police?"
Britt wonders if she should ring the police, and at that moment they hear the front door;  
"I don't know about any Ben!"
Aaron says he has been to meet a friend, Ben, but Britt insists, “I don’t know about any Ben!” 
"That's an odd name for a girl!"
and Catrin remarks is that it is an odd name for a girl.
"Shut up, can't you?"
“Stop winding him up, Catrin!” her mother snarls, “You should always tell us where you’re going, Aaron!” but he says he has every right to meet a friend.   “Not if I haven’t met him!” Britt rages, and Aaron calls her stupid.
"Oh – stupid now, am I?"
“Oh – stupid now, am I?   Right, you’re grounded, good boy, for a week!” roars Britt, her anger growing.   She demands his phone, 
"Disconnect his console, Colin"
and then instructs Colin to disconnect his console.
"Not until you learn some respect!"
Aaron protests that he wants to use it, but is told that he cannot do that until he learns some respect.   
"It's no wonder Chester left – I hate you!"
“It’s no wonder Chester left!   I hate you!” Aaron shouts and retires to his room, while Britt looks somewhat shocked.