14 March 2019

Colin wants to take a photo with him . . .
Colin is looking at photographs, wondering which one to take with him to prison;  he tells Garry when they looked at them yesterday, it was too much for him and Britt.   She is now busy packing for him, 
. . . and Garry makes a suggestion
and Garry suggests a couple of the pictures.
"Catrin and Dani have arrived in London"
Colin receives a text to say that Catrin and Dani have arrived in London;  
"I like that photo"
He shows Britt the photos he has chosen, and Garry says he will see them over in the Deri.   
"Thanks for everything, Garry!"
“Thanks for everything,” Colin tells him.
"I even had a card from Non"
He informs Britt that Izzy and Lois sent him texts too – and he even had a card from Non, which surprised him.   “Will you let Gaynor know what has happened? I don’t look too flashy, do I?   That’s what the solicitor said, but not too dark either – it isn’t a funeral.   
"No-one will be able to see my shoes in the dock"
“I’ve polished my shoes – I don’t know why, no-one will be able to see them in the dock.”   
They leave the flat
They leave the flat, and go across to the Deri.
Ed has the framed photograph
Kelly has prepared lunch when Ed returns with the framed photograph, 
"We look so happy!"
which she says is amazing;  “We look so happy!   
"How about just there?"
“Where shall we put it?   There is a salad here for you.”
He has a new phone, as instructed
He draws her attention to the new phone which he has bought, and advises that the money is now in the ISA, a fixed two year term, as it will give them a better return.   
"So we can't get the money out?"
“So the money is locked in – we can’t get it out?” she worries, 
"We get a better return that way"
but he assures her they will get a better return in the end, and she concludes they will have to save up for their autumn break.
She will go and have a shower, as the minibus does not leave until two o’clock;  
She puts her rings down on the table
she takes off her locket and two rings, putting them on the table.   
Ed is sorely tempted . . .
Ed debates with himself what he is going to do, 
. . . and purloins the rings
and then seizes the rings and puts them into his pocket.
"Well, Colin hasn't got a record"
As they wait in the Deri, Siôn stresses, “He hasn’t got a record, and he was protecting Aaron and the other children.”   Eifion reminds him that the system is not keen on people who take the law into their own hands, 
"The penalty shouldn't be too severe"
but Garry maintains that as Colin does not have a criminal record, the penalty should not be too severe.
"We are talking about ABH here!"
“We are talking about ABH here,” says Eifion, “He broke that man’s arm!”   
"Sorry, I won't be able to go to court"
Sara and Jason come in, with Ifan, and Sara apologises that she will not be able to go to the court;  Jason hopes a lot of local people will be helping the cause, then wonders how the rugby will go tomorrow.   
Now Eifion is under the impression he cannot lose
Eifion is confident after his win at Murrayfield, that he will double his money, so invites them to give him their bets, and he will go to the bookies this afternoon.   Garry gives him some money, hoping that, with Eifion’s luck, and assuming Colin goes down, 
"Then winnings will go into an account for Colin"
the winnings will go into an account he is opening for Colin.   
Siôn does the same, but Sara says that they would rather pay money straight into the account, rather than betting it;  
Sara points out that gambling is risky
“So if you lose, at least Colin will have something.”   Eifion seems very confident of not losing, but as she points out, “Gambling is risky!”
“It’s just a bit of fun – nobody’s going to lose all their money!” Eifion protests.   
Neither Colin or Britt feel like drinkling
Britt and Colin come in, but they both refuse the offer of a drink.
Ed will do anything to raise some money
Ed is looking on the laptop at a site which buys gold and precious metal; 
"Have you seen my rings, Ed?"
then Kelly comes in after her shower and looks for her rings, but they are nowhere to be found.   
"I think I put them here!"
“I think I put them here,” she says, 
"We ought to go now, or we'll be later"
but he is eager to go, as they do not want to keep everyone waiting, and insists that the rings must be there somewhere.
"We have more of a chance of winning tomorrow"
Eifion is still going on about betting;  “We have more of a chance of winning tomorrow than last week,” he maintains, “You’re stupid not to go for it,” 
"Look, Eifion, I'm skint!"
but Jason spells it out that he is skint.   “What if I put down a fiver for you, and you can pay me next week – how does that sound?”
Jason is becoming rather angry, “Eifion, just drop it, will you?   I’m serious.”   
"Behave yourself, boy!"
Then Sara comes back to take Ifan to the nursery;  he is told to behave by his father.
"I must be going totally loopy!"
Kelly and Ed come in, as she frets, “I must be going totally loopy – how could I have been so stupid?”   
"I've lost my rings!"
She tells Sara that she has lost her rings, and points out that she is usually so careful.   Ed accuses her of being over-dramatic, 
"I'm doing that all the time"
and Sara sympathises that she is doing it all the time.
"I'll go back and look for them, if you want"
Ed volunteers, “I’ll go back and look for them, if you want,” but she replies they cannot let Colin down.   “The last thing I want is for you to be breaking your heart in that court room.”
"You're so considerate, Ed!"
Kelly says that he is so considerate, and he returns home.   
"Time to get on the minibus"
Garry musters all those who are going to court to board the minibus.   
"Whatever happens this afternoon . . ."
Colin tells them, “I’d like to thank you all for coming – it means a lot – and, whatever happens this afternoon, 
". . . I won't be the one receiving the harshest punishment"
“I won’t be the one who receives the harshest punishment.   It will be Britt, and Catrin and Aaron.   I’ll be worrying about them and still be loving them.   
"Look after them while I'm away"
“I hope you’ll look after them while I’m away – that’s what will give me peace of mind.”   
Britt hugs him
Britt gives him a hug.
"Is that Tudor Jones?"
In the shop flat, Ed is on the phone to one Tudor Jones;  
"I've got two rings to sell"
“I’ve got two rings to sell if possible – I’d like to do it this afternoon – can you come over?   Cwmderi – 
"Phone me on this number"
“when you arrive in the village, can you phone me on this number to arrange where to meet?”   
He is disgusted with himself
He looks disgusted with himself.
Colin is in the dock . . .
In the court, Colin stands in the dock, looking disorientated;  his solicitor goes to talk to him, and Britt wonders what it is about, as Colin looks very pale, 
. . . and winks at Britt 
but he, nevertheless, winks at her.
The missing rings are troubling Kelly
Kelly is looking anxiously at her naked fingers as Eifion whispers to Jason, 
"Things don't look good at all!"
“Things don’t look good at all – do you know what the judge’s nickname is?  
"They call him Judge Dredd!"
“Judge Dredd – the usher told me on the way in.”
The shady deal is to be done in a car
Ed walks along the back street to where a car is parked, and gets into the passenger seat;  he produces the rings, stressing, “I know what they’re worth, and I want £1,500.”   
Ed's demand is immediately lowered
The driver of the car tells him there is no chance of that, so Ed drops his demand to a thousand.
"£300 – or nothing!"
“£300 – or nothing!” says the man, but Ed urges him to be fair, and to meet him halfway;  he emphasises that he is selling his wife’s rings, but he meets with no success, and is forced to settle for a mere £300.
"Will the defendant stand?"
In the court, the defendant is instructed to stand;  “You’ve being charged with the serious crime of actual bodily harm,” he is told by the judge, 
The judge outlines the case
“As well as that, this act was planned carefully by you.   The fact that you had contacted Mr Neville McRoy and duped him into meeting you, using someone else’s identity, suggests beyond all doubt that you had intended to cause harm.   
"You are portrayed as an honest and conscientous man"
“It is also true to say that the reports that have been prepared for the court, as well as letters which have been presented, create an image of you as an honest and conscientious man – a man overwhelmed by the circumstances in which he found himself.   
"Your intention was to identify Mr McRoy"
“The defence argues that your only intention that evening was to identify Mr McRoy, so you could then inform the police.   You were of the opinion that he was abusing children, but unfortunately, you decided to take the law into your own hands.
"Prison is the only option"
“My duty now is to execute the requirements of the law.   Due to the seriousness of this offence, prison is the only option, I’m afraid.   
"I sentence you to twelve weeks in jail"
“So, after considering all the facts, I sentence you to 12 weeks in jail.”
The shock hits Britt 
Britt gasps with surprise and at that very moment, 
The courtroom door opens . . .
the door of the courtroom opens and Chester walks in;  
. . . and Britt is overjoyed to see Chester
Britt runs to him, and both Garry and Eifion shout encouragement to Colin,
Colin is led away to start his sentnece
as he is led away.
Chester is sorry that he is late, and Britt seems to have temporarily forgotten Colin, 
Britt turns to find he has already gone
until she turns and finds that he has gone.
Ed's new phone sounds
Ed returns to the shop flat and receives a text message;  
The £300 is put on the framed photo
he puts down the pathetic pile of £20 notes on the photo and looks at his phone. The message is from Kelly, who informs him, “Back in the Deri.   Did you find them?” 
Ed lies he is still looking
and he replies that he has not, yet, but is still looking.
"I'm so sorry – it's so petty in comparison!"
Kelly admits to Britt, “I’m so sorry – after what’s happened to Colin, I should have kept it to myself – it’s so petty in comparison!”   
Britt is sympathetic
Britt can understand that there is nothing worse, after she has just come back from her honeymoon.   Kelly says that if Britt needs anything, she knows where they are, and leaves the Deri.
Eifion will not stop going on about this bet
Elsewhere in the pub, Eifion is still going on about Jason’s last chance to put a bet on, as he is about to go to the bookies.   Jason laughs, and finally agrees that Eifion can make a bet on his behalf;  
"All right, no more than a fiver, and not a word to Sara!"
“But no more than a fiver, and not a word to Sara!   I’m serious, Eifion!”
Garry asks Chester how long he intends to stay, and he says that his flight leaves from Heathrow at eight o’clock on Monday evening.  
"I wanted to give everyone a surprise"
 “I wanted to give everybody a surprise,” he says, and reveals that everything is amazing in Portugal.   Siôn points out that he has greatly cheered up his mother by appearing, and Chester admits that he was apprehensive about what kind of welcome he would get;  “Especially when you consider how things were six months ago.”
"Remember your mother's still fragile"
He is urged to remember that his mother is still fragile, and then she joins them;  
"This is what I call a nice surprise"
“This is what I call a nice surprise,” she tells him, “Colin disappeared so fast, but the most important thing is he saw you in the court.   Anyway, how’s Pilar?”
"Who is Pilar?"
Siôn wonders who that is, and Chester explains, “A girl I met out in Thailand, and we are living in Portugal now.”   He shows them a picture of her on his phone, 
"Does she speak Welsh?"
and Siôn characteristically asks whether she speaks Welsh.
Kelly is frenetically searching . . .
Kelly is now back in the flat, and frantically searching everywhere;  
. . . and becoming increasingly agitated
she is becoming more and more upset 
She clutches the wedding photo . . .
and clutches the wedding photo to her bosom.   
. . . and weeps piteously
As Ed comes up the stairs, she subsides into a chair in floods of tears.   
"How could I have been so stupid, Ed?"
He looks extremely guilty as she sobs, “I’ve looked everywhere – how could I have been so stupid, Ed?   It was the ring Meic gave to Anita – what am I going to tell her?”
"It's Sheryl's dress – we're cursed!"
Ed wonders if Anita needs to know, but Kelly explains that she will be the first to realise.   “It’s Sheryl’s dress – we’re cursed, I’m telling you!   
"Something terrible is going to happen!"
“Something terrible is going to happen – I know it is!”   
He is unable to provide much succour
He tries, rather unconvincingly, to reassure her that nothing bad is going to happen, not while he is there, anyway.
"I don't deserve you, Ed!"
“I don’t deserve you,” she says, but he obviously knows that this is far from the truth;  “You’re much too good for me – I’m useless!”   
There is nothing he can say
He does not know what to do or say.
"Look after yourself, love!"
Britt returns to the chip shop flat whilst on the phone to Catrin, who has sent her some photos of her room in London, and Chester says his mother must be shattered;  
"Why don't I cook dinner tonight?"
“Why don’t I cook dinner tonight?   That’s another thing I’ve learned out in Portugal – we serve food in the bar where I work, 
"I enjoy being in the kitchen"
and I enjoy being in the kitchen.
"I'm so glad you've come back!"
His mother gives him an ecstatic hug, and is so glad that he has returned;  “Things are going to be easier for me and Aaron now that you’re back!” she squeals, 
"We'll visit Colin on Tuesday"
“Don’t worry you that you didn’t have a chance to speak to Colin because we’ll visit him on Tuesday!   Colin will look forward to having a chat with you!”   
Chester is not sure how to break the news to his mother
Now it is Chester’s turn to look uneasy.