21 March 2019

"Why did you take him to the police?"
“If he didn’t give you a reason, why did you agree to take him to the police?” demands Sara, 
"He wanted to confess something"
and Siôn replies that Jason wanted to confess something – probably his gambling problems.   Sara says that at least they know now that he is safe;  
"I really thought he had done something, Siôn!"
she really thought that he had done something.
Diane asks if he has a solicitor, and Siôn points out that he was going to ask for one at the police station.   Sara will go to the there now, but declines the offer of Dai or Diane accompanying her.
"What's going on here?"
Then the door opens and DJ walks in;  “What’s going on here?   Why is everyone up so late?” he asks;  Diane explains that they do not know what has happened, but Jason is at the police station.   
"What's he done now?"
“What’s he done now?” wonders DJ, and tells them he has been for a pint in the Deri.
"Can someone pay for the taxi, please?"
Then there is a knock at the door, and Jason is back, asking if someone can pay for his taxi;  
"What have you done now?"
Dai goes out, muttering, “What have you done now?”   Sara also wants him to explain himself.
“I’ve confessed everything to the police,” he begins, 
"Well, I'd better be going"
but Siôn says he will take his leave of them, hoping that everything will work out.   Jason requests that he stays;  
"Your £10,000 – I lost it all, gambling!"
“This affects you more than anyone – your £10,000, that you gave me to pay for the kitchen – I lost it all, gambling!”
"Every penny went on the horses!"
Siôn is dumbfounded, as Jason goes on, “I lost every penny on the horses!”   
"But you paid it back"
Siôn points out that he was paid back the money, but Jason explains that it was his mother’s money, as he was desperate, and apologises profusely;  
"Mam's £10,000 saved me!"
“Mam’s £10,000 saved me!   
"I know who set fire to Morawel!"
“But worse than that, I know who set fire to Morawel!”   
Siôn is horrified
They all look horrified.
Another threatening text from Angela
Ed receives a text, advising him, “I expect all the money.   11 o’clock in the park on Friday.   Don’t let me down, or you know what will happen.”   
Kelly's gorgeous pyjamas
He is sitting in the darkened livingroom of the flat, and Kelly, in her green pyjamas, joins him;  “You can’t sleep either?” she asks, 
"Come back to bed, Ed"
and encourages him to come back to bed.
"Sandra did it to help me"
Jason finishes his explanation, “All right?   Sandra set fire to that kitchen, to help me, so that you could get the insurance money.   
"She's not all there, Siôn!"
“She’s not all there, Siôn, I’m telling you!”   He confirms that he has told the police all this, 
"But did you have to tell them everything?"
but Dai demands whether he had to tell them everything.   
"I'm not wasting any more time on this!"
DJ concludes that Jason has deceived his whole family;  “I’m not wasting any more time on this – I’m off to bed!”   
Dai still considers that Jason could be charged;  when they arrest this Sandra, she may well say that he did it, then it is her word against his.
"The police have already checked my alibi"
Jason points out, “I wasn’t there – I was in the pub – I have an alibi, which the police have already checked.   They’re looking for Sandra now – I’m so sorry about this, Siôn!”
"Are you telling the truth, Jason?"
Siôn is doubtful whether he is telling the truth, as he has been telling so many lies lately, but Jason swears, “I’m telling the truth, every word.   
"I have no reason to lie now!"
“I’ve lost everything already, Siôn – I have no reason to lie now!”
Next morning, the postman is out early on his round
Next morning, the postman is on his round, 
Gwyneth has been unwell for a few days
and Gwyneth opens the curtains;  then there is a knock at the door, which Gwern opens.   
Gwern lets DJ in
It is DJ, and Gwyneth warns him not to come too close, as she has been in bed the last couple of days.   
He puts the sponsorship money on the table
He has brought over the sponsorship money, and asks when the defibrillator is arriving.
She reports that not much has happened since the race, as she has not been well, 
"Gwern has a dentist's appointment this morning"
and Gwern has a dentist’s appointment in Carmarthen this morning.   
"I can give you a lift, if you like"
DJ offers to give her a lift, as he is going that way, 
Off they go
so she tells Gwern to go and get his coat and school bag.
"We have a problem with the word 'sorry' now, don't we?"
“I would say sorry, but we have a problem with that word now, don’t we?” Jason tells Sara, “But it doesn’t mean I don’t mean it.”   
"You keep disappointing me, Jase"
She wonders how many times she has heard that – and he keeps disappointing her.   
"I've made an appointment with a doctor . . ."
“I’ve made an appointment to see a doctor, and I’d like you to come with me,” he continues, 
". . . I need help in a real clinic"
“So you can see that I’m serious about sorting this out.   I need help in a real clinic – that’s the only way forward as far as I can see.   
"I've had enough of making false promises"
“I’ve had enough of making false promises, all right?”
"I'll send Ed over to collect them"
In the café, Kelly is on the phone to Eileen, and will send Ed to collect the vegetables;  she asks how Huwi is, and finds that he is improving.   
She gives him the money
She gives Ed the payment, and he goes to the farm.
Siôn delivers Cwm Ni . . .
Siôn delivers the March edition of Cwm Ni to Kelly, and she remarks that he looks shattered;  he replies that he had a late night last night, and invites her to turn to page 7, 
. . . with its report of the wedding
where there is a report of her wedding.   
"I feel so sorry for Auntie Anita!"
She looks very dejected, and tells him, “I feel so sorry for Auntie Anita,” 
"I'm sure she understands, Kelly"
but he is sure that she understands.   
"And the insurance company refuses to pay out"
She tells him that the insurance company will not pay out, which he says is a shame.
A Cae Glas customer collects his organic veg
At Penrhewl, another customer has just collected his Cae Glas’ vegetables, and Eifion is having a break and a cup of tea;  
"No losses so far today"
he reports that there have been no losses so far today with the lambing.   
Ed is persuaded to have a cup of tea
Ed arrives and is offered a cup of tea, which he accepts;  Eifion has heard that the metal detector was not a lot of use, and comes to the conclusion, “Someone must have stolen them,” although Ed maintains that he is hopeful that they will turn up.   
"If it was me, I'd call the police"
“If it was me, I would call the police,” advises Eifion, but Ed doubts if they would even come over.
Gwyneth puts the kettle on
Gwyneth and DJ are back from Carmarthen, and he agrees to have a quick cup of tea before work;  he apologises for not being at the committee meeting last week, 
"I don't have the energy to do everything"
and she regrets that she does not have the energy to do everything on her own.   
He invites her to get the laptop, and they will look at what sort of defibrillator they can buy.
Eileen goes to attend to Huwi
At the farm, Eifion says he must return to the sheep, and the sound of Huwi crying means that Eileen has to go upstairs.   Jim says that at times it is very busy there;  “And I’m up to my ears with Pwll Bach,” he adds, 
"We must be serious about safety"
“We have to be serious about putting up fences for safety reasons.”
Ed enquires about a security guard job
Ed says he would be interested if they are going to employ a security guard, but Jim reminds him he has two jobs already, and in any case, it will have to be discussed with Hywel first.   
He notices all that money . . .
As Ed leaves, he sees Jim putting all the money away in a drawer, 
. . . which gives him an idea
and developes an idea.
"I'm glad there's a place for you in Bristol"
Back from the doctor’s appointment, Kelly is relieved;  “I’m glad there is a place for you in Bristol,” she tells Jason, 
"It's a shorter journey than Manchester"
“It’s a shorter journey than travelling to Manchester.”   He receives a phone call from the police, 
"The police want to talk to me again"
and agrees that he will go over there right away.
"Perhaps they've arrested Sandra"
Sara suspects that they have arrested Sandra;  he replies that they did not say, but is sure that everything will be fine.   Off they go again.
Ed is cooking tonight
Ed has prepared a meal for Kelly, and she says that it smells wonderful;  “I hope that it tastes as good,” he tells her, 
"We had this on the first night of our honeymoon"
and she discovers that it is what they had on the first night of their honeymoon.   “Risotto Primavera, signora!” he announces.
"Molto bene!"
After tasting it, she pronounces it, “Molto bene!” and suggests that perhaps they should learn Italian together.   She asks what is the Italian for ‘kiss’, but he has no idea;  
"Just give me one, anyway!"
“Never mind – just give me one, anyway!” she laughs, 
"I'm so lucky, having you!"
“I’m so lucky, having you!” 
"No, Kel, I'm the lucky one"
but he maintains that on the contrary, he is the lucky one.
"They must be giving him a hard time"
Dai returns to Bryntirion and notices that Sara and Jason are not back from the police yet;  “They must be giving him a hard time.”   
"He might be charged with something"
Diane wonders if he will come home, as he might be charged with something.
“Well, it won’t be as an accessory, because she didn’t tell him she’d burned the place until she’d actually done it,” he reminds her.   
"I'm going to see Gwyneth"
DJ comes downstairs, and says he is going to see Gwyneth, to help out with the defibrillator.   
"Oh, they let you out, then!"
Then Jason and Sara return;  “Oh, they let you out, then!” DJ comments, and Jason enlightens them that he was not arrested, 
"They haven't been able to find Sandra"
but they have been unable to find Sandra – that is why they called him back in.   They wanted to go over some details about the fire – things he said in his statement last night.   He thinks that now he has been given the all clear.
"I'm going to a rehab clinic in Bristol"
Sara prompts him, “Jason has some more news for you.”   He explains that the doctor has managed to find a place for him at a rehab clinic in Bristol.
"Nefi wen – isn't there anywhere nearer?"
“Nefi wen!” exclaims Dai, “Isn’t there anywhere nearer?”   Jason informs them that he is going tomorrow morning, 
"Can we visit you?"
and his mother wants to know if they can visit him.   
Sara replies that they cannot, at least to start with, and Jason realises that it is going to be tough;  
"There we are – it's what I need!"
“But there we are – it’s what I need!”
"No, or I shall be up all night!"
As Kelly eats her dessert, she turns down a cup of coffee, with the excuse, “No thanks, or I’ll be up all night – but that was a real treat!”   
Ed says that she deserves to be spoiled.   
She is suffering from stomach pains
She seems to be suffering from a bout of indigestion, which she suspects was caused by eating too quickly.   
"I'll go to the shop for some tablets"
He insists that he will go to the shop for some tablets, and will not be long.
"Lisa Gwilym sounded very friendly"
At number 9, DJ says that Lisa Gwilym (of BBC Radio Cymru) sounded very friendly, and is looking forward to meeting them at the unveiling.   He has also sorted out things with Dani and Garry.
“Some people still think I’m doing it for selfish reasons,” Gwyneth sighs, “If I left the village tomorrow, no-one would miss me.”   
"I've got to play darts at The Bull tonight"
This does not have its intended effect, because DJ says he has to go now, to play darts at The Bull tonight.
"I'm sorry for the way I treated you, DJ"
She looks very vulnerable as she assures him, “I’m sorry for the way I treated you,” but he still leaves, and she is in tears.   
"Did DJ hurt you, Mam?"
Gwern comes downstairs and asks his mother if she is all right;  “Did DJ hurt you?”   
"No – DJ is a good man"
She replies that DJ has not done anything nasty to her – he is a good man.
A figure is crouching by the wall . . .
In the darkness, someone is lurking in the farmyard at Penrhewl;  
. . . and dons a balaclava
Ed dons a balaclava, 
Eifion and Jim come out of the house
and waits until Jim and Eifion come out of the farmhouse.   
Ed dashes to the farmhouse door . . .
When they are out of the way, Ed hurries across to the door, 
. . . and goes inside
and lets himself in.   
All is quiet as he looks through the drawers in the kitchen, discarding several items in the process;  
He finds the money he is looking for
at last he reaches the correct drawer, and helps himself to the large quantity of notes contained therein.
Eileen comes into the room . . .
But someone can be heard coming downstairs;  he turns off his torch and hides behind the table.   Eileen comes in, 
. . . and turns on the baby monitor
turns on the baby monitor, 
Then she sees the intruder . . .
then notices the crouching figure 
. . . and utters a piercing scream
and screams very loudly.   
Ed beats a hasty retreat . . .
Ed makes a hasty exit out of the house and across the farmyard, where the screams have attracted Jim, who runs to Eileen, 
. . . pursued by Eifion 
and Eifion, who tries, unsuccessfully, to catch the intruder.   
"He was too fast for me, Jim"
He tells Jim, “He was too fast for me!” 
After climbing over a gate, Ed stops for a breather
After haring across a field, Ed stops to remove his balaclava and catch his breath.