18 March 2019 (1st)

"How are you doing, Britt?"
Mathew bumps into Britt as he heads towards the shop, and asked her how she is doing;  she says she had a chat with Colin last night on the phone.   “Things must be pretty tough for you,” he sympathises, 
"Things are much easier now Chester's back"
but she answers that things are much easier now that Chester is back with them.
In the café, Kelly tells Debbie that her rings have just vanished into thin air;  
"You usually only help yourself!"
Hywel is sitting at a table, and offers to help look for them.   “You usually only help yourself!” snarls Debbie, 
"An Ancestry Pack is not going to make up for your dump!"
“An Ancestry Pack in a raffle is not going to make up for your dump!”   
"I've got plans for Pwll Bach"
He informs her that he has plans for the place, but she is not impressed.
"Esther wants Arwen to come over"
Ffion comes in and orders a coffee, and an orange juice for Arwen.   “Listen, Esther has been going on and on about having Arwen over,” says Hywel, 
"It would be easier if Esther came to Cysgod y Glyn"
but Ffion thinks it would be easier if Esther came over to Cysgod y Glyn, and he will bring her across later.
Time is getting short for Chester 
Chester appears concerned, and looks at the time on his phone;  
"I haven't had the guts to tell Mam yet"
Aaron returns from school, and is surprised to find that Chester is still there, but he replies he has not had the guts to tell their mother yet.   
"It's my fault Colin's in jail!"
“It’s my fault that Colin’s in jail,” says Aaron, “If I hadn’t been friends with Ben, Colin wouldn’t have hit him.”   
"Neville was really manipulative"
Chester reminds him that Neville was really manipulative, and Aaron should not blame himself;  he also says that their mother has gone out to buy eggs.
"None of these cakes is good enough"
“She’s a bit hyper today – none of these cakes is good enough,” he goes on, 
"It tastes pretty good to me!"
as Aaron cuts himself a slice of one of them, “She’ll be better after visiting Colin tomorrow,”  Chester says.  
"The cake is lovely, Mam"
Britt returns with her eggs, and Aaron comments that the cake is quite delicious.
“Come on, Delia – no mistakes this time!” say Britt, and prepares to make another cake.   Aaron asks what she is doing, as she has already made three, 
"I'm going to make the best cake ever!"
but she pronounces, “They’re not good enough – I’m going to make the best cake ever, for you!”   
They exchange glances
Aaron and Chester look at each other.
Rhys does some background reading on Pwll Bach 
Rhys is looking at his father’s plans for Pwll Bach when Hywel returns with Esther, 
"Oh, you want to see me now?"
but he is on the phone, being summoned to a meeting with his solicitor, 
Rhys is left holding the baby
so he leaves Esther in Rhys’ care, asking him to take her over to Cysgod y Glyn.
Cake number four is in the oven
Britt puts cake number four in the oven, and Chester summons up his courage;  “Mam, I’ve got something to tell you,” he begins;  
"Had a chat with Pilar, have you?"
she supposes that he has had a chat with Pilar and asks when she is coming over, as she is excited about meeting her.
Chester points out that she has a lot of Spanish tutoring work to do, 
"What he's trying to say is he's leaving tonight!"
and then Aaron interrupts, “What he’s trying to say is he’s got a flight to catch from Heathrow – tonight!”
Britt cannot believe that;  
"You promised to stay, and visit Colin!"
“You promised to stay – to visit Colin with me!   You don’t have to go tonight – 
"I thought you were going to settle here!"
“the way you’ve been talking gave me the impression that you and Pilar were going to settle here!   Why have you changed your mind?”
"I can't come back to Cwmderi, Mam!"
Chester stresses that he has not changed his mind – he cannot come back to Cwmderi;  “We’d go back to how we were – all the frustrations – all the problems I had.   I’ve sorted myself out now!”   
"Even more reason to come back"
She regards that as even more of a reason for him to come back.
"It's too risky  – for you and me!"
He spells it out, “No, Mam, you’re not listening!   I can’t come back here – I can’t live here.   It’s too risky – for you and me,” 
Britt laughs dismissively
but she simply laughs, and Chester does not know what to do.
Arwen takes Esther to play
Rhys has taken Esther across to Ffion’s, and tells her that his father has gone to see the solicitor;  
"Thanks for bringing her over"
she thanks him for bringing over Esther, and he appears to be in no hurry to leave. 
"You look nice – is that new?"
“You look nice,” he grins, “Is that new?” but Ffion replies that she has been wearing it for ages.
“You’re lucky I’m not in my pyjamas,” she adds, “I do that sometimes when I’m working from home.”   
"I'm sure you still look cute!"
He is sure that she still looks cute, but she prefers to describe herself as being like a slob.   “If you don’t mind, I’ve got work to do,” she says, but he offers to stay and keep an eye on the girls, so she can have some peace, 
"I could make you some coffee"
and he will make coffee.
"I'm perfectly able to make my own coffee!"
She points out that the girls will be fine and she is perfectly able to make her own coffee;  “I won’t be able to concentrate if you’re here – not just you, if anyone is here.   
"Go – now!"
“Go – now!”   
He reluctantly takes his leave
Frustrated yet again, he leaves.
"Is she sure she lost them in the flat?"
As Mark delivers a package to the café, he asks if Kelly is sure she lost them in the flat, 
"I always find stuff!"
and then Guto comes in, with his metal detector, boasting that he always finds stuff.   “Last week, I got £200 after finding a Roman coin – it will find gold, silver, anything.”   
"Kelly's upstairs"
Ed sends him upstairs, where Kelly is waiting, but he is still looking guilty.
Britt wants cake number four to be tasted
Britt cuts into the latest cake, and invites the boys to taste it;  
That cake seems to have developed quite a list
“Mam, I have to go!” protests Chester, but she insists that he has to test this one, which appears to be slightly lopsided.
"Isn't this nice, just the three of us?"
“Isn’t this nice, just the three of us?” she simpers, “I want an honest opinion, OK?”   Chester tells her that it is nice, and he will take some away with him for Pilar.   
Oh – another cake she reckons is substandard . . .
However, her verdict is that it is not good enough, and no amount of reassurance that it is fine will change her mind.   
. . . and off she goes out again
She puts on her coat and leaves for the shop once again.
"I never know what she's going to do next!"
“That’s the problem, isn’t it?” sighs Aaron, “I never know what she’s going to do next!   I’m going to find her – you need to go.”   
"I shall be all right"
Chester says he cannot leave them like this, but Aaron is confident that he will be all right.   
"I've got Garry and Dani too"
“I’ll look after Mam, and I’ve got Garry and Dani too.”
Chester gives him a hug
Chester gives him a hug;  “Tell Mam I’m sorry I had to go – I’ll phone her.”
Guto has drawn a blank so far . . .
Guto has checked the bedroom and bathroom and has found nothing;  
. . . and only finds a penny . . .
then he detects a signal coming from the chair, but only locates a penny.   There is an indication of something in the sofa, 
. . . then some other worthless item
but again it is a false alarm.   He explains that electromagnetic interference is a problem, 
"Come on – let me have a go!"
but then Kelly demands to have a go;  “It’s not that hard – wave it around, wait for it to beep – simple!   The rings might find me!”   
"Who am I kidding?   I'm pathetic!"
After a couple of seconds, she realises, “Who am I kidding?   I’m pathetic!”   
"Those rings mean loads to you"
Guto realises that the rings mean loads to her, 
Kelly quite understandably bursts into tears
and she dissolves into tears, which he finds rather embarrassing.   
"It's like I've lost a bit of the past!"
“You can’t replace things like that, sentimental things, things that mean a lot.   It’s like I’ve lost a part of the past!”
"Look, I'll have another go"
Guto says that he has not looked everywhere yet, and will have another go, 
Kelly hugs a cushion to aid her composure
so she clutches a cushion and waits.
"I know what you need to put a smile on that face"
Down in the café, Rhys is looking downhearted, but Mathew suggests, “I know what you need to put a smile on that face – a girlfriend.   
"I met this girl, Luned, on Saturday night"
“Listen, I met this girl, Luned, on Saturday night when I was out with Tesni.   Perhaps you know her – she works at the stables in Llanarthur.   Let Tesni organise a date for you.”
"The last thing I want is a date"
Rhys is adamant that he does not want a date, and Mathew wonders what is wrong with him.   
"Sorry, epic fail!"
Guto comes downstairs and reports to Ed that it has been an ‘epic fail’;  “They’re definitely not up there.”   They thank him for trying.
"Auntie Anita's going to be devastated!"
“Auntie Anita’s going to be devastated!” Kelly predicts, “I could buy replacements, but it’s not the same, is it?”   
"It's what's in here that's important!'
Ed maintains that it is what is inside that is important, and that will never go missing, no matter what happens.
Chester's farewell note . . .
Chester is writing a note to his mother, 
. . . is not going well . . .
but after a few words, tears up the page and starts again, then scribbles it out.   He is showing signs of frustration, 
. . . and he tries to calm himself down
and tries to breathe deeply;  
"Taxi to take me to the station, please"
he gets out his phone and rings for a taxi to take him to the station.
Mathew has arranged this date for tomorrow night
Mathew has phoned Tesni to make the arrangements, and informs Rhys, “You’re on – tomorrow night!   Come on, all you have to do is turn up.”   Rhys replies that he does not know if she is his type, but it is pointed out to him that she is stunning.
Ffion arrives
At that moment Ffion comes in the door with Arwen and Esther, 
"Yes, she is stunning!"
and Rhys mutters, “She is!”   
Luned does look rather attractive
After looking at some photos, he half-heartedly agrees that he will meet Luned, but all his attention is predictably fixed on Ffion.
"They're well and truly lost – probably nicked!"
Kelly tells her that she still has not found the rings and must accept that they are well and truly lost;  “Someone must have nicked them!”   
"You don't know that, do you?"
Ed is quick to point out that she does not know that, but she wonders, “What other explanation is there?”   Ffion recommends phoning the police, but Ed cannot see any point in that.
Rejected, Rhys sits at home
Rhys is now sitting by himself at home when his father returns and reports that now he has a clear strategy;  
"We're going to supply local people with free energy"
“We’re going to create a green energy project in the landfill.”   He hands a bottle of beer to Rhys as he continues, “We’re going to supply local people with that energy for free – 
"That should shut Gaynor up!"
“that should shut Gaynor up!   We thought that Eileen should front everything.”
"So Eileen and Jim will make some profit?"
“So Eileen and Jim will make some profit from the scheme?” enquires Rhys, but his father initially makes no reply, 
"Have you been reading the contract?"
before asking if he has read the contract.   “They’re not going to get a penny!” Rhys realises.
Hywel argues that he had no right to read the contract, but is told it is not fair to use Eileen.   
"They've signed the contract now!"
“They’ve signed the contract now,” sneers Hywel, “As far as I’m concerned, business is business!”   Rhys is disgusted.
"I heard Chester is coming back here to live"
As Britt and Aaron come out of the shop with half a dozen eggs, Debbie says she has heard on the grapevine that Chester and his girlfriend are coming back here to live.   
"I only wanted three eggs!"
Britt, however, is more concerned with the fact that she only wanted three eggs;  “But I had to buy six!” she complains.
Debbie comments that everyone buys six or a dozen;  “There aren’t any rules about that!” Britt snarls, and Aaron encourages her to go home, but with no success.
She removes three of them . . .
She removes three of the eggs 
. . . what a waste of good eggs!
and throws them on the pavement, leading Debbie to enquire whether she is OK.
"Why does everybody ask me that?"
“Why does everybody ask me that?   I only wanted three!” Britt snarls, and finally is propelled towards the chip shop flat.   
Debbie can see that something is definitely wrong
Debbie appears very concerned.
"There's no way I can get all the money!"
Ed is on the phone, stressing that there is no way he can get all the money for Angela;  “I had to sell Kelly’s rings – I can’t get you the cash by Friday – it’s impossible!”   
Angela does not soften her demands
She obviously repeats her threat, so he agrees that she can have the lot.
"What's wrong, Ed?"
Footsteps can be heard on the stairs, and Kelly wonders why he is looking so downhearted;  “What’s wrong?” she asks, 
"I have to confess something terrible!"
and he replies that he has something to confess – he has done something terrible.
“It’s my fault that the rings are missing,” he begins, 
Then he chickens out of telling the truth
then loses his nerve, and continues, “Because I didn’t pay you enough attention – I didn’t see where you took them off!”
"This is not your fault"
She assures him that this is not his fault;  “I phoned the insurance company.   They’re refusing to pay out, because I lost the rings in the house – it’s their policy.”   
"They were worth hundreds!"
He exclaims that they were worth hundreds, 
"You're gutted – and I'm gutted . . ."
and she appreciates, “You’re gutted – and I’m gutted, 
". . . but at least we've got each other"
“but at least we’ve got each other!”
Chester has to go, and is waiting for a taxi
Britt arrives back in the flat and looks distractedly around her;  Chester comes out of his room, and Aaron is worried that he will miss his flight.   He says that he is waiting for his taxi to arrive and apologises to his mother for earlier.
"It wouldn't do us any good if you stayed"
She agrees that it would not do either of them any good if he stayed, then Chester’s phone sounds to advise the taxi has arrived.   
He tells Aaron to look after himself – and their mother.   
"I can look after myself"
She rather pathetically insists, “Don’t worry about me – I can look after myself.   It was nice having you back.”
"We could go over there on holiday"
Chester assures them that he will come back to see them, and bring Pilar with him.   “We could go over there on holiday when Colin comes home,” Aaron suggests, 
Britt is reduced to tears . . .
and Britt hopes that Chester will phone her when he gets back to Portugal, before breaking down in tears.   
. . . so Chester hugs her . . .
Chester gives her a hug, 
. . . followed by Aaron . . .
and then Aaron takes over, pointing out to her that they are going to be OK.   
. . . and Chester heads back to Portugal
Chester picks up his bag and goes downstairs.