7 March 2019

"Yes, OK, I'll tell him"
When Gerwyn comes into number 10, Jaclyn is just ending a phone call;  
She informs Gerwyn of his mother's lastest fantasy
“It was your mother – she’s worried there is asbestos in the flat – a neighbour told her this morning.”   Gerwyn says he will have to go and see her now, but he has some parts to pick up.
"There's always something, Ger!"
“There’s always something, Ger – rats last week, asbestos this week!” complains Jaclyn;  he gives her a hug and leaves for work.
Colin is not looking forward to his court appearance
Colin is ironing his trousers and thinking deeply;  Britt comes in and asks him if her dress is all right.   
"Yes, like the last one, and the one before that!"
“Yes, like the last one, and the one before that,” he replies.
"Don't worry about today, all right?"
“Don’t worry about today, all right?   It’s only the plea hearing, and we’ll be home before you can turn round,” she tries to reassure him.   
But Colin finds it impossible not to worry
He is very concerned, as he once again picks up the iron.
Inside the bounds of Pwll Bach . . .
Inside the fence around Pwll Bach, with a notice warning against trespassing, 
. . . Guto deploys his metal detector . . .
Guto is deploying his metal detector, which suddenly indicates it has found something;  
. . . and seems to have found something
he looks to see what it is.
Gaynor wishes Colin well in court . . .
Gaynor has come over to wish Colin luck in the court this afternoon;  he says that the girls texted last night.   “You know that everyone is behind you today, don’t you?” says Britt, 
. . . and signs the petition
and Gaynor signs the petition, which Britt is confident will affect the judge’s opinion.   They will find out today when the sentencing will take place.
Britt points out that Diane and Siôn have written character references, 
"That doesn't change what I did"
but Colin remarks, “That doesn’t change what I did, does it?   
"How did I make such a mess of everything?"
“How did I make such a mess of everything?”
Guto shows off his findings
In the café, surrounded by three of his mates, Guto empties on to the table what he has found;  Ricky describes it as, “Junk!”   Guto says that it includes some money, which is not bad for half an hour’s work.   
"There might be more there"
Ricky is of the opinion that there might be more there.
"Don't get any silly ideas!"
Eifion is sitting nearby and advises them, “Don’t get any silly ideas – Jim would have a fit if he knew you were up there!”
Gerwyn arrives at Llandysul . . . 
Gerwyn arrives at his mother’s flat, 
. . . and his mother feigns surprise
and she says she was not expecting to see him;  “You should know that I’d come over once I heard about the asbestos,” he replies, 
"The neighbours don't know anything about it"
“Your neighbours don’t know anything about it – I’ve asked a couple of them.   Who told you, then?”
Brenda improvises that it was the man in number 20, but explains that he is away for a week, visiting his son.   
"You are happy here, aren't you?"
Gerwyn queries, “You are you happy here, aren’t you, Mam?   So much has gone wrong – the heating, the rats and now asbestos.”   
"I'm not lying about the asbestos"
She very theatrically assures him that she is not lying about the asbestos, 
"I'll put the kettle on, before you blow a gasket!"
and he says he will put the kettle on, before she blows a gasket.   
She smiles conspiratorially, 
It does not take much to puzzle Gerwyn 
as he, in the kitchen, picks up the kettle, and wears his usual puzzled look.
"I don't think any of it is worth a lot of cash"
Iori comments on Guto’s finds, “You’ve found plenty of interesting stuff here, but I don’t think any of it is worth a lot of cash.”   
"Now I'm an antique myself!"
Guto did not know that Iori was an expert, but he boasts that he used to dabble in antiques;  
“And now I’m an antique myself!   How much money did you find?”
He is told that there was £4.87 – enough for lunch.   Ricky declares that he will never take the Mick out of that metal detector again.   
"This is a collector's item!"
Then Iori spots a small coin, which he alleges is Roman;  “This is a collectors item – 
This seizes Guto's attention
“on eBay they were worth £200!”
Madge is left to run the chippy
Britt leaves Madge in charge of the chippy, and at that moment Megan approaches her, very eager to speak to Colin;  Britt apologises for what she said yesterday, 
"I have to see Colin!"
but Megan insists she must see Colin.
Colin sits and waits
He is sitting and thinking when they arrive in the flat;  Garry was wondering where Britt is, as they will need to find a parking space.   
"What is she doing here?"
“What is she doing here?” Garry demands, when he sees Megan, “Now is not the time!”
"I haven't done anything but think"
“I was thinking about things a lot last night – to be honest I haven’t done anything but think,” Megan begins, “I still believe what Colin did was wrong, to say the least, but I don’t think locking you up will help anyone.   
"I'm going to withdraw my evidence!"
“I’m going to withdraw my evidence – so you can go to court this afternoon and plead not guilty, then walk away from this mess.”   
Garry winks at Britt 
Garry is very pleased to hear this news.
"Oh, Megan, that's wonderful!"
Britt is in tears of joy, 
"The Monks will not forget this"
and Garry assures her that the Monks will not forget this.   “I’m not doing this because you two managed to scare me, because you didn’t!” Megan points out, “I’m doing this for Colin.”   Britt says that she appreciates that.
"Thanks – but no thanks, Megan!"
Colin, on the other hand, tells her, “Thanks – but no thanks!   You won’t need to withdraw your evidence.   I deserve to be punished – I should not have attacked Neville!”   
"Neville deserved it!"
Britt stresses that Neville deserved it after what he did, and Megan is giving him an opportunity to get away with it.
"I'm going to plead guilty because I am guilty!"
Colin is adamant, “I don’t want to get away with it – I am going to plead guilty because I am guilty!” and no amount of argument from Garry and Britt will make him change his mind.   
"You won't have to do anything, Megan"
“I want to do the right thing – I appreciate your offer, Megan, but you won’t have to do anything.”
As Colin sees Megan out of the flat, Britt snarls, “Colin – stop this!” but to no avail.
Gerwyn manages to find tea and biscuits
Gerwyn finds that his mother does not have many provisions in the house and needs to go shopping;  
"I've been so busy this week!"
she answers that she has not had the chance this week, having been busy with a tea dance, whist, and a crowd of them visiting to Carmarthen yesterday.   He comments that she has a better social life than he does, and now must go to Alwyn’s garage to pick up some parts.
"A guy from the council is coming to see you"
To Brenda’s dismay, he advises her, “A guy from the council is coming to see you in about an hour – a friend of mine in the housing department is coming to take a look.   We need to sort out the asbestos – he only lives down the road, and owes me a couple of favours.”   
She has failed this time
At last, one of Brenda’s deceptions has failed.
"She's offering you a way out!"
Britt is still complaining to Colin, “She was offering you a way out – it’s not the right thing to do!   You must be mad – you’re a total fool!”   
Garry  is of the same opinion, and Colin concedes that indeed he is a fool.   
"I'm a fool for attacking Neville!"
“I’m a fool for attacking Neville in the first place!   We should never have tried to flush him out – if you’d let me go straight to the police, none of this would have happened!”
"Garry knew you were going to do this?"
“Hang on – Garry knew what you were going to do?” rants Britt, “You were going to attack Neville, and Garry let you go on your own?   No – no way – I know you.   If Colin had told you he was going to sort Neville out, you would never have let him go on his own!   
"You were with him, weren't you?"
“You were with him, weren’t you?   You two have not been telling me the truth!”
"What exactly happened?"
Garry warns her not to lose it, and Colin emphasises that they were doing it for her;  “You’re fragile,” Garry argues, but she wants to know exactly what happened that day.
"Go on, Garry, tell her"
Colin says that Garry might as well tell her;  he begins, “I was with Colin under Mynach bridge – we went there to sort Neville out.   
"I injured my leg – Colin had to chase him"
“I grabbed him, there was a scuffle and I injured my leg – Colin had to chase him.”
Britt realises, “Oh, right – so you’ve let him take the blame!”   
"But we could both go down!"
Colin insists that he was the one who stopped Garry from taking any blame, as if they knew Garry was part of this, they could both go down, and there would be no point in that.
“You would be on your own, it would be too much for you, and . . .” Colin goes on;  
"I can't believe you agreed to this!"
Britt cannot believe that Garry agreed to this, and points out that it is all for the best for him, because he is free.
Colin repeats that it was his idea;  “Someone needs to look after you.”   
"I can look after myself!"
She insists that she can look after herself, and cannot believe that they both lied to her.   She is supposed to be able to trust them.
"You're not coming with us, Garry!"
Garry warns her that they are going to be late for court, but she flatly forbids him to come with them;  “I don’t want you near that court this afternoon – no way!   You two are idiots!   Come on, Colin!”
"No asbestos in any of the flats"
The man from the council assures Gerwyn that he has checked everything, and there is no asbestos;  “Did you hear that?” he asks his mother, “And the other flats are clear, too – that’s a relief, isn’t it?”   
"He must have misunderstood or something"
Brenda says that the man at number 20 must have misunderstood or something.
Gerwyn says that he is off now, but she protests that she wants him to stay;  he answers that he has been there all afternoon.   She tempts him with a coffee and some of the biscuits that he bought her, and tells him to forget about Garry.   
"Another fifteen minutes won't make any difference"
He supposes that another fifteen minutes will not make any difference.
Jim is working at Pwll Bach . . .
Jim is doing some rubbish clearance at Pwll Bach 
. . . when he spots some trespassers
when he spots three of Guto’s mates trespassing, and shouts, “You’re not allowed in here – get out now!” so they comply with his orders.
"Unwanted visitors?"
Eifion is also approaching to help with the clear-up;  “Unwanted visitors?” he asks, and Jim says that he has had schoolchildren wandering round there all afternoon.   
"It's that Guto, son of Gearbox Parry"
Eifion reveals that Guto Parry was there at lunchtime with his metal detector, and found some money.   “Not a lot, but he was boasting to his mates in the café – 
"He must have started a Gold Rush!"
“he must have started a Gold Rush!”
Jim moans that the last thing he needs are school children trespassing all over the place;  
"I shall be telling Guto that!"
“Anything they find here belongs to Pwll Bach anyway, and I shall be telling Guto that.”
"How's your mother, then?"
Gerwyn returns home from Llandysul, and is asked how his mother is.   He replies, “There’s no asbestos in the flat,” but looks worried;  
"I'm sure she was lying"
“Something’s not quite right with her –I’m sure she was lying about the asbestos.   
"I think she's lonely"
“I think she is lonely in the flat.”   
"She's the original party animal!"
Jaclyn maintains that she just likes some time with her son, and is the original party animal.
Guto works out how to spend the £200 . . .
In the café, Guto is planning what to do with the money for that ‘Roman’ coin, 
. . . and Iori is given some almost-out-of-date pasties
and Ricky gives Iori a couple of free, almost-out-of-date pasties.
"You've been stealing from Pwll Bach, haven't you?"
Then Jim comes in, and tells Guto, “I’ve been looking for you – you’ve been stealing from Pwll Bach, haven’t you?   Don’t try to deny it – Eifion told me.   I want it back, please!   
"Anything found at Pwll Bach belongs to Pwll Bach!"
“Anything found at Pwll Bach belongs to Pwll Bach – you were trespassing.   And thanks to you, there’s another gang of kids up there now.   I don’t want people helping themselves to whatever they like!   Now, what did you find?”
Guto hands over the stuff . . .
Guto hands over various items, including the £4.87, as Iori describes Jim as a spoilsport;  “Right, I don’t want you setting foot near that place ever again, do you understand?” rages Jim.   
. . . with the exception of the 'Roman' coin
When he is gone, Guto tells them not to be too sorry for him, as he still has the ‘Roman’ coin.
Garry approaches the taxi
A taxi arrives in the village, and Garry hurries over to find out the verdict, 
"I'm not talking to you!"
but Britt refuses to talk to him.   
"She's angry with me as well!"
“Don’t worry – she’s angry with me as well,” says Colin, “The sentencing is a week tomorrow – and I’m not looking forward to it.”
"I just hope you don't regret it!"
Britt furiously insists, “It’s your fault, Col, I just hope you don’t regret it!”