27 February 2019 (2nd)

Gerwyn manhandling Jaclyn
Gerwyn is getting amorous with Jaclyn, and Guto looks disapproving;  
"I'm going out to see a friend"
Tesni comes downstairs and announces that she is going out to see a friend.   Predictably her father informs her, “You’re not seeing that Mathew!” but she maintains that she can see who she wants.   
"You're making a fool of yourself – again!"
“After what I told you about him yesterday?” he demands, “You’re making a fool of yourself – again!   I’m just trying to look after you – we don’t want the same thing to happen again.”
As Jaclyn objects to his manner, 
Tesni takes no notice
Tesni flounces out of the door.   
"Did you have to mention that again?"
Jaclyn asks if he had to mention that again, but he is of the opinion that someone had to tell her.
"Do you fancy a sandwich or something?"
Colin brings Britt a cup of tea, and asks if she fancies a sandwich or something;  Aaron has gone to a party, but his mother worries, “We don’t know what’s going on in his head at the moment.”   
"Being with his friends will help"
Colin thinks being with his friends will help, 
"Gaynor has arranged a counsellor for him"
and says that Gaynor has arranged a counsellor for him next week, as it will do him good to talk to someone about it.
“He’s already said everything he knows,” she protests, but Colin reminds her that he was giving evidence, and this will be different.   
"Am I a bad mother?"
“Why do you think these things happen to us?   Am I a bad mother?” she whines.
He assures her that it is not her fault at all, 
Colin has a phone call
then his phone rings, and he goes into the kitchen to speak;  
"I don't understand"
“I don’t understand,” he says, “You said the police didn’t want to . . . Can I phone you back in a minute?”   
"I have to pop to the shop for a minute"
He lies to Britt that it was someone trying to sell insurance, and asks whether she minds if he pops out for five minutes, as he needs to get something from the shop.
"I don't know what I'd do without you!"
“Hey, Col – I don’t know what I’d do without you!” she tells him.
"Does your father know you're here?"
Mathew brings over the drinks for himself and Tesni;  “Does your father know you’re here?” he enquires, but she replies that it is none of his business, and that she is sorry about yesterday, which was very embarrassing.   
“Are you sure you’re all right?” he goes on, “You’re very quiet.”   
"I don't want to spend the afternoon talking about Dad!'
She says that she does not want to spend the whole afternoon talking about her father, 
Tesni looks across at Dani
then looks across at Dani behind the bar.
"Is that when you and Dani . . ?"
“You used to work here, didn’t you?” she queries, “Is that when you and Dani . . ?” He confirms that it was, and that it was awkward;  “These things happen, don’t they?” Tesni continues, “And it wasn’t your fault – you were single – it was Dani who cheated.”
"I haven't been completely honest with you"
Mathew admits, “I haven’t been completely honest with you – I was living with Vicky, Ricky’s sister, when things happened between us.   I’m not proud of it, but I really fell for Dani at the time.”   
"You can't help who you fall for"
Tesni remarks that you cannot help who you fall for.
Garry is having a conversation with Dan
Colin comes in and needs to speak to Garry, confessing that he is in trouble;  the two of them go upstairs, 
"What's that all about?"
and Dani wonders what is going on.
"I'm going to prison, Garry!"
“I’m going to prison for assaulting Neville!” Colin insists, but Garry is confident that he will not go to prison for what he did.   “I will – I just talked to the solicitor, and he said there’s a chance I’ll get prison!” replies Colin.
"Not for a first offence"
Garry is quite sure that ABH does not carry a prison sentence for a first offence;  “A community order, perhaps,” but Colin is just repeating what the solicitor said.   Garry urges him to keep a cool head.
"How is Britt going to cope?"
“I’m not worried for myself, but how is Britt going to cope on her own if I’m in prison?” Colin wails, and Dani walks in at that moment, 
"What's that about prison?"
demanding what he is saying about prison.   “And I’m worried about the kids,” Colin goes on, “If Britt falls to pieces, they might get taken away!”
"You know what she's like, Garry!"
Garry is quite adamant that will not happen, but Colin shouts, “You know what she’s like – how is she going to cope on her own if I’m not there?”   
"Will we?"
Garry assures him that if it comes to that, they will look after the children, a prospect which comes as somewhat of a surprise to Dani.
“What’s important is that we discuss this sensibly,” Garry adds, but Colin points out that he was seen by Megan.   
"We could get Megan to change her story"
Dani suggests that as she was the only person to see him, they might be able to get her to change her story.   Garry agrees that it is an idea, but Colin does not like the sound of it.
"It was a difficult time, but we've moved on"
Mathew is explaining further to Tesni, “We weren’t sure who the father was – me or Garry.   It was a difficult time, but we’ve all moved on since then – sorry for lying to you before – you asked me about Dani, but it’s not easy to talk about it.”   
The last people Tesni wanted to see . . .
She understands, but then is dismayed to see her mother and father arriving at the Deri;  
. . . but she is determined not to move
Tesni is determined that she is not moving.   When Gerwyn sees them there, he is about to go and remonstrate with them, 
"No, Ger, leave them alone!"
but is stopped by Jaclyn, who urges him to leave them alone.
"Things are a bit stressful here at the moment"
Megan has been invited to the Deri flat, and is under the impression that it is about the arrangements for a supper for the Maenan Appeal.   Garry points out, “Things are a bit stressful here at the moment,” 
"I'm sorry it has come to this"
and Megan regrets that it has come to this.
"He didn't intend to attack Neville"
“Colin realises that what he did was terrible – he didn’t intend to attack Neville,” Garry says, 
"Well, that is what he did!"
but Megan reminds him that, whether intended or not, he still did it.   “Yes, but he’s learned his lesson,” Garry goes on, “I don’t think there’s anything to be gained by taking things further.   
"If you told the police you made a mistake . . ."
“If you told the police that you had made a mistake when you saw Colin . . .”
"And why would I do that?"
“Why would I do that?” Megan demands, and Colin suggests that she might do it for Britt and the children.   “You should have thought of them before attacking that man!” she stresses.
"You realise what he was intending to do, don't you?"
“You do realise what Neville was intending to do, don’t you?” enquires Garry, and Colin mentions the possibility of going to prison, which causes Megan some concern.   “Do you want that on your conscience?” Garry asks her, 
"I'm not the one who broke the law!"
but she reminds him that she is not one who broke the law.
“That is exactly what I’d be doing if I lied to the police – I can’t believe you’ve asked me to do such thing!” she exclaims, “I’m a Justice of the Peace!”
Garry turns threatening
Garry is becoming angry;  “Colin knows he made a mistake – if you won’t help, perhaps you’ll realise the same thing!”   Megan wonders if he is threatening her, and he replies, “No, Megan – if I threatened you, you would know!”
"Unless you want to keep Colin company in prison!"
Dani has just walked in, as Megan points out to him, “Trying to influence a witness is a serious crime!   I think we’d better end this conversation – unless, of course, you want to keep Colin company in prison!”
"We've made things worse, Garry . . ."
She marches out of the flat, and Colin is quite certain that they have made things worse;  
". . . I've got no choice but to tell Britt the truth"
“I’ve got no choice now but to tell Britt the truth, and hope she’ll be OK with it.”   Dani will go with him.
Gerwyn's steely gaze is upon his daughter
In the Deri, Tesni and Mathew are still under surveillance, and are very much aware of it;  Gerwyn says that he is going over there, but Jaclyn protests that he has already upset Tesni enough.   
"I could throttle him!"
“I could throttle him!” Gerwyn snarls, “He gave me his word he would stay away.”
Guto angrily remarks, “Tesni won’t do anything stupid,” but his father answers that they thought that last time.   
"She made one mistake, Dad"
“She made one mistake, and you can’t let it go.   
"I'm not sitting here all night, watching Tesni!"
“I’m not sitting here all night, watching Tesni!” Guto exclaims, 
and walks out.   Jaclyn is concerned that people are watching them.
"Guto doesn't seem too happy with me either"
Mathew returns to their table and comments, “Don’t think I’m paranoid, but Guto doesn’t seem too happy with me either.”   
"He's just embarrassed about Dad"
Tesni replies that he is just embarrassed about Dad, and advises Mathew to ignore her father who keeps staring at him.
"I've done nothing to make him feel like that"
“I don’t understand why he hates me so much,” Mathew complains, “I’ve done nothing to make him feel like that.   I know he wants to protect you – but he’s being a bit extreme!”
"Debbie told him about you cheating on Vicky"
“Debbie told him yesterday about you cheating on her daughter – that hasn’t helped things,” Tesni explains, and Mathew realises that she already knew when she asked him earlier.   
"I'm not used to men being honest with me"
“Sorry, I just wanted to see if you would tell the truth – I’m not used to men being honest with me,” she groans, “There’s another reason why Dad’s the way he is – but I don’t want to talk about it here.   Is there any where quiet we can go?”   
"Sit down, Gerwyn!"
They leave for the shop flat, and Gerwyn immediately wants to know where they are going, but Jaclyn orders him to sit down;  
"Making a scene in the Deri is not the answer"
“Making a scene in the Deri is not the answer, is it?   I still can’t believe you dragged her out of here last night – it’s no wonder she’s locking horns with you, Ger!”
Up in the shop flat, Mathew says she does not have to tell him if she does not want to, 
"I had a relationship with this bloke six months ago"
but she explains, “I had a relationship with this bloke about six months ago – he was 40.   He was the leader of the brass band I played in.   He didn’t take advantage of me – everyone says he did – it was my choice – I loved him.   
"Obviously, Dad went ballistic!"
“But anyway, everyone found out – I don’t know how.   Someone must have seen us, then the mother of one of my friends heard and told Mam and Dad – obviously, Dad went ballistic!”
"Are you still in contact with him?"
Mathew asks if she is still in contact with him, and she assures him, “Gruffydd?   No, it’s all over – and I’m fine.   I just still feel terrible about his wife – he was married with children.”
"It was not your fault – he was the adult"
Mathew stresses that it was not her fault;  “He was the adult.”   She knows how it sounds, but insists he did not take advantage of her.
"That's why Dad is the way he is"
“That’s why Dad is the way he is with you – he still goes OTT about me going on dates and stuff.”   Mathew at least knows that it is nothing personal against him;  
"I've never talked to anyone about this before"
“I’ve never talked to anyone about this before, but Dad will have to accept you, because I really like you.”
"He doesn't strike me as one who changes his mind"
Mathew comments, “He doesn’t strike me like the type of bloke that changes his mind,” and Tesni thinks it is lucky that she is as stubborn as him.
“Let’s go and see him together – put a stop to all this nonsense,” she suggests, but Mathew wonders if that is a good idea.   “You’re not scared, are you?” she demands, he replies that he is not, 
They kiss
and they kiss.   “Thanks for listening,” she murmurs, 
"There's more to you than cute dimples!
“There’s more to you than cute dimples!”
Guto visits Megan's shop
Guto goes into Apêl Maenan, just as Megan was about to close, 
"What's Mathew like?"
and asks her about Mathew;  “He’s done a bit of work for me at my house – he’s a nice boy,” she replies.   Guto comments that he has heard things about Mathew, 
"People talk too much in this village"
and Megan tells him that people talk too much in this village.
“It can be a good thing – people looking out for each other,” he suggests, and has selected a couple of computer games, which cost £1 each.   She hopes that he is careful about who he contacts on these computer games, and is thinking about Aaron.   
"It's lucky that Colin realised in time"
“There are always some dodgy people around, aren’t there?   But Aaron was just unlucky,” he says, “It’s lucky that Colin realised it in time.”   
Megan has to agree with that
Megan cannot but agree, and is caused to think.
Gerwyn appears to have anger issues
Jaclyn is angry when they arrive home at number 10;  “We all need to sit down and talk about this sensibly,” she maintains, but Gerwyn points out how angry Tesni was earlier.   
"Exactly like someone else I know!"
“Exactly like someone else I know!” she stresses, “And Guto was upset as well – you know how he worries about his sister.”
Gerwyn is imagining the worst;  “What if she’s run away?” he demands, but at that moment she arrives home.   
Tesni and Mathew arrive
He is furious to see that she is accompanied by Mathew, but she insists that they want to talk;  Jaclyn invites them both to sit down.
"Families have to stick together, Britt"
At the chip shop flat, Colin and Dani bring Britt some flowers;  Dani says that families have to stick together, and that she understands that Aaron has gone to a party.   
Britt does not seem to be very 'with it'
Britt does not appear to be very aware of what is going on.
Colin begins, “Britt, there’s something I need to tell you – do you remember I promised that I wouldn’t hide things from you again?   
"It looks like I'll be going to prison"
“It looks like I’ll have to go to prison for assaulting Neville.   But you don’t have to worry, because Garry and Dani here will look after you and the kids.”
Dani interrupts to say that it may not come to that;  “We don’t know what the court will decide yet.”   
"The worst has already happened – and Aaron has suffered!"
Britt is of the opinion that the worst has already happened, and it is Aaron who has suffered.   
"I don't want to quarrel with you, Dad"
Tesni sits down with Mathew, and says, “I don’t want to quarrel with you, Dad.”   Her mother replies that he does not want to quarrel with her, either, 
She is not making much impression on her father
although he is saying nothing, and adopting his usual facial expression.
He finally tells Tesni that it depends if she is willing to listen to sense.   
"But I have changed"
Mathew realises that they have heard a lot about him;  “But I have changed.” Guto comes in and joins them.
"Mathew's told me everything – and he knows about Gruffydd"
Tesni says, “Mathew’s told me everything about Dani, and he knows about Gruffydd, OK?”   Mathew promises that he would never hurt Tesni as Gruffydd did.   
Gerwyn still maintains that Tesni is too young for someone like him.
"You have to trust me, Dad"
“Dad, this is different to what happened with Gruffydd – you have to trust me,” Tesni pleads, and her mother says she is talking sense, but Gerwyn’s expression does not change.   “We just want to date – I’m not going to marry him.   Anyway, how old were you and Mam when you started going out?”
"She does have a point, Ger"
Inevitably, her father argues that was completely different, but Jaclyn says she has a point, and recalls what her father was like with him.   
"He almost threw you through the window once!"
“He almost threw  you through the window once!   You two are as stubborn as each other!”
"You want me to be happy, don't you?"
Tesni goes to sit by her father, and asks, “You want me to be happy, don’t you?”   Jaclyn is going to prepare their meal, 
"Will you stay for the meal?"
and invites Mathew to join them.   Tesni will go and make a cup of tea.
Relieved, Guto says, “Thank goodness that’s sorted!” 
Tesni hugs her mother
and Tesni hugs her mother.   
"Trimsaran played well at the weekend"
Mathew comments that Trimsaran played well at the weekend, 
But Gerwyn makes a gruesome promise
but Gerwyn leans forward to chillingly warn him, “One false step, and I’ll castrate you!”