8 March 2019

Eileen is buttering her toast
Eileen is putting butter on her toast when Sioned walks in, having been for a stroll, 
"Someone kept me awake during the night"
because Huwi, who is suffering from colic, kept her awake during the night;  her mother gets her a cup of tea, 
"I think I walked a bit far|
as she admits, “I think I walked a bit far – I went to Hafod Werdd.”   Eileen tells her she should not push herself too hard, 
"I don't want a lecture!"
but Sioned protests that she does not want a lecture.   Then Huwi starts crying again, and Eileen goes to him.
They are at it, even before school
In the shop flat, Tesni and Mathew are kissing;  
"I have to go, or I'll get the sack
“I’ll have to go, or I’ll get the sack,” he says, and she asks him if he is finishing early, as it is Friday.   She would like to come over later for a takeaway and a film, 
"I could come over to your house"
but he suggests he could come to her house, as her parents will be out.
“Yes, but Guto will be home – 
"But we can have this place to ourselves!"
and we can have this place to ourselves!” she points out, before going off to school.   
Mathew is quite optimistic about tonight
Mathew looks quite pleased with himself.
Colin discovers a letter
In the process of vacuuming, Colin knocks down a pile of books, and finds amongst them a letter;  
"Bell's School of Drama"
just then Catrin comes back to pick up her maths book, and he reads the heading at the top of the letter, “Bell’s School of  Drama.”
She complains that he is going through her things, 
"They're offering you a scholarship!"
but he replies that it simply fell out of a book.   “They’re offering you a scholarship!” he exclaims, “Who is this Bell’s Drama School – and why are they offering you a place?”
"I had an interview when I stayed with Beca"
Catrin tells him it is a drama school in London, and she had an interview when she stayed with Beca a couple of weeks ago;  “But I’m not going,” she insists, “I can’t leave Mam, especially now – you’ll be in jail next week, so I might as well forget it.”   
"Don't tell Mam, Colin!"
Then she hears her mother coming, and urges Colin not to say anything.
"I was just collecting my maths book"
Catrin explains that she came home to collect her maths book, but Britt detects that something is going on;  they both deny it, but after Catrin has returned to school, 
"Come on, out with it, Colin!"
Britt demands, “Come on, out with it!   Don’t tell me any more lies!”
Rhys is only too willing to help Ffion 
Rhys helps Ffion to carry a large flat pack item;  she did not realise how heavy it was, and he is only to willing to help.   
"I can't believe how competitive she is!"
Then she receives a text from Gaynor, boasting of her achievements on this morning’s run.   “I can’t believe how competitive she is about this race!” Ffion moans, 
"You'd think it was the Olympics!"
“You’d think it was the Olympics, way she goes on!”
"You're pretty competitive, too"
Rhys suggests that she is equally competitive, but Ffion denies this, 
"I've got a free lesson"
and offers Rhys a cup of coffee, as she has a free lesson.
"I had no idea about Aaron – and now this!
When Britt is shown the letter, she had no idea about it, with everything that has happened;  “I had no idea about Aaron – and now this – and to think that she didn’t want to go because of me!”   
"It might not be a good idea for her to go now"
Colin says that it might not be a good idea for her to go now, with him leaving and everything.
"It would be too much, now you've fallen out with Garry"
He considers that it would be too much for Britt, now that she has fallen out with Garry.   
"Stuff Garry!   Catrin's the important one here!"
She responds, “Stuff Garry!   Catrin is the important one here!   Mind you, thinking of her going to London on her own – she’s so young, isn’t she?   
"I worry enough about Chester, out in Portugal!"
“I worry enough about Chester, out in Portugal!   He’s working in a bar!   Anyway, this is an excellent opportunity.”
Britt consults the laptop . . .
She opens the laptop and searches for Bell’s Drama School;  
. . . for information on Bell's Drama School
she is most impressed by their website.
Hywel has a contract ready for signing
Hywel visits Penrhewl, advising that the Pwll Bach contract is ready for signing, so Eileen calls Jim.   Sioned looks her usual miserable self 
"There are more schoolkids up at Pwll Bach!"
as Jim reports that there are more schoolkids up at Pwll Bach.   “I thought I had sorted that out, after I took everything from Guto,” he growls, “I don’t know why they think they’ll find more money, or that they have the right to steal it!”
"Gaynor should be told!"
Hywel says that someone should tell Gaynor 
'I'm going to do exactly that!"
and Jim proposes to do exactly that;  
"Go and do it, then, instead of giving me a headache!"
Sioned tells him, “Go and do it, then, instead of giving me a headache here!”   
They hurry off to Pwll Bach 
Hywel and Jim go up to Pwll Bach, and will sign the contract when they come back.   “Peace at last!” groans Sioned.
Rhys is ingratiating himself with Ffion 
“I wasn’t expecting you to put it together,” says Ffion, but Rhys says that it would have taken her ages to do it.   
"To be fair, I do hate DIY"
“To be fair, I do hate DIY,” she admits, “That’s why I missed the session on Wednesday – there was a guy here, fixing this switch in the bathroom.   But no way is Gaynor beating me in this race!   
"There – you are competitive!"
“Perhaps I am competitive – but the problem is that Gaynor has far more spare time than me.”
It is to be hoped it will be secured to the wall
He puts the completed bookshelf over by the door, and advises that she should come to his metabolics classes, but she replies that she has no one to babysit.   “I could come here to give your session if you want,” he volunteers, “What time would suit you?”   
"How about five o'clock?"
They agree on five o’clock this evening, as Arwen is at the club until six.
Hywel and Jim arrive at Pwll Bach in the farm's 4x4
Jim and Hywel arrive at Pwll Bach 
They find six trespassing children . . . 
to find a group of six children playing with a ball in the woods;  “You have no right to be trespassing here!” and Hywel finds evidence that they have been smoking.   
. . . who have apparently been smoking
“What’s wrong with you?   It’s dangerous – the whole place could go up!”   
"Leave us alone – loser!"
One of the boys describes him as a loser, and Jim’s anger flares up;  Hywel catches the offending boy, who demands what he is going to do about it.
"I'll tell my Dad – he's a policeman!"
“I’ll tell my dad – he’s a policeman!” the boy threatens, but Hywel promises to also tell him that his son is up here smoking and mitching.   
He once again emphasises that there is no money there, and they retreat, as Hywel shouts, “Don’t come back, or there will be hell to pay – do you understand?”
Sioned has fallen asleep on the sofa, 
Eileen checks that Huwi is all right
and her mother covers her with a blanket;  Huwi is sleeping peacefully, so Eileen begins packing some organic vegetable boxes.   Her phone suddenly starts ringing loudly, and in her haste to reach it, she knocks a tin on to the floor, 
The sudden clatter awakens Sioned . . .
waking Sioned with a start.
. . . and also little Huwi-John
Huwi also is roused, and begins crying again, so Sioned says she has had enough;  
"I'm moving back into the flat!"
“I’m moving back into the flat!   What with Huwi, this business with Pwll Bach, and the lambing, I don’t get a minute to myself!”   
"But you're not well enough, Sioned"
Eileen maintains that she is not well enough to go back to the flat, but is told, “I’m a lot better than I was, and I need some peace!”   
"I'm doing my best with him!"
Eileen protests that she is doing her best, and Sioned appreciates that it is not anyone’s fault;  there is no need for her to worry.
Colin prepares lunch
Colin is preparing sandwiches for lunch;  
"So you told Mam, then?"
when Catrin returns she is unhappy that he has told her mother about the letter.   “He had no choice – you should have told me,” says Britt, “I had no idea you were interested in this kind of thing,” and Catrin replies that neither did she until recently.
Catrin explains how she came by the offer
“After the school’s Christmas show, everyone thought I was good so Miss Davies sent a clip of me performing to the college,” Catrin explains, and her mother is very proud of her.   “Don’t worry, I’m not going, she says, but Britt does not agree, 
Aaron seems disinterested
and tells Aaron about it.
“Colin said you’re refusing to go because you’re worried about me – but there’s no need,” Britt insists.   

"You haven't been yourself since Christmas"
Catrin reminds her she has not been herself since Christmas, but Britt is adamant, 
Britt insists that she is fine now
“That was just a blip – I’m fine now!”
"You won't be when Colin goes down!"
“You won’t be when Colin goes down!” Catrin snarls, and Colin points out that she does not know how she will be, 
"Cat's only being sensible, Britt"
and Catrin is only being sensible;  she adds that Neville’s court case is on the horizon too.
“I have to be here to look after you!” she says, 
"I never needed anyone to look after me!"
but Britt emphasises that she has never needed anyone to look after her;  she is not a child, and Catrin has to go.   She maintains this is the only good news they have had in ages.
“I know, and I’d love to, but it just doesn’t feel right,” sighs Catrin.   Her mother knows that it is scary leaving home for the first time, and they will miss her terribly, but it could make Britt so happy to see her succeed.
"It's no good trying to persuade me!"
Catrin makes it clear that she would love her mother to be happy;  “But there is no point trying to persuade me – I’m not going.   There’s nothing more to say!” and she goes back to school.
Mathew is home from a hard day at APD
In the shop flat, Mathew has just settled down on the sofa when he hears a familiar voice;  it is Sioned, 
"I'm moving back in!"
and he wonders what she is doing there.   “I live here, don’t I?   And I’m moving back in,” she answers.   As he gives her a welcome home hug, she explains, “It’s bedlam in Penrhewl, I haven’t had a minute to myself.   
"If madam would like to sit down"
He assures her that she will be left on her own here, and will go and make a cup of tea for her;  
But as soon as she has done so . . .
as soon as she has sat down, 
. . . this happens
there is a knock at the door, and a voice calls, “Mathew,” while waving a black negligee, which Sioned finds quite intriguing.
"Oh – Sioned!"
Tesni is somewhat embarrassed when she sees that Sioned is there;  “You didn’t say Sioned was moving back in,” she tells Mathew, 
"I didn't know until just now"
but he did not know himself until a few minutes ago.  
"Looks like you've got a big night planned!"
Sioned describes it as, “Quite an entrance – looks like you’ve got a big night planned!”   Tesni explains that she was supposed to come over for a takeaway and a film, and Mathew suggests that Sioned could join them;  
"I don't want to be a gooseberry!"
however she does not want to be a gooseberry.
“This place is as much your home as it is mine,” he says, 
Tesni is not looking forward to this
and Tesni looks decidedly uneasy.
"Mam's annoyed with you"
Out in the street, by Cwm Delhi, Aaron finds Catrin, and says that their mother is annoyed with her;  “Nothing new there!” is her reply.   He asks why she will not go to this college;  
"I should be here, looking after her"
“I should be here, looking after her – I am the oldest now Chester’s gone.”   Aaron insists that she will be all right with him, 
"I won't miss your reality TV programmes!"
and he will certainly not miss those reality TV programmes that Catrin watches.
"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not going!"
Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not going, Aaron, although I want to go,” she says;  
"Garry will be here – and Dani"
Aaron points out that Garry will be there to help, as well as Dani.
“Look, if things go massively wrong, and it’s too much, I’ll phone you and you can come straight back – it’s not far, is it?” says Aaron, “And then, when you’re rich and famous, don’t forget about us, OK?”
Mathew is replete after his meal
The three of them at the shop flat have enjoyed a filling meal;  Sioned recalls the time when they went out to Little Asia;  “Mathew cleared my plate and Rhys’s plate, as well as his own.”   
"When are we going to watch the film?"
Tesni wonders when they are going to watch the film, and Sioned says that she will go to bed.   Mathew is sure that Tesni will not mind if she joins them, 
A nice cosy little threesome . . .
and they all three settle down on the sofa to watch the film on the laptop;  
. . . but one of the three seems to be less than happy
Tesni looks rather less than enthusiastic.
Rhys puts Ffion through her paces . . .
At Cysgod y Glyn, Ffion is being put through her paces by Rhys;  she is currently doing sit-ups, 
. . . which she accomplishes enthusiastically . . .
which are followed by squats, 
. . . then collapses, exhausted
after which she collapses on the sofa, and remarks, “You’re like a Sergeant Major!” but he maintains that is how she will get results, 
"You want to win that race, remember"
and reminds her that she wants to win the race.
"The way I'm feeling, I won't be able to run at all!"
“The way I’m feeling, I won’t be able to run at all,” she protests, but he says that she is doing great, considering she has never done metabolics before.   
Ffion is seized by a sudden twinge
When she tries to stand up, she feels a twinge in her thigh, which Rhys diagnoses as her hamstring.
"They say I've got magic hands!"
He confidently asserts that will sort it out for her;  “They say I’ve got magic hands!” he rather cheesily remarks, 
"And who is 'they'?"
“People who know what they’re talking about!   Come on, I’ve given you a massage before, so lie down.”
They are off to celebrate the contract signing
As they cross the street, Hywel tells Jim and Eileen, “Now the contract is signed, let’s have some champagne to celebrate!”   
A policeman is at Hywel's door
Heading towards the Deri, they see a policeman, knocking on the door of Hywel’s house, and Jim hopes that the boy has not reported Hywel to his father.
"Pwll Bach is on fire!"
Hywel goes to find out, and the officer informs him, “I’m sorry to have to tell you, but Pwll Bach is on fire!”   Jim has a pretty fair idea of who is responsible.
Rhys is getting rather 'hands-on' with Ffion 
At Cysgod y Glyn, Rhys is exercising Ffion’s leg, and she soon finds it feels much better;  “Do all your clients get this treatment?” she asks, 
"No – it's only you!"
and he replies that it is only her, then he leans forward to kiss her.
Ffion is not having this and pushes him away . . .
Ffion has other ideas, and prevents him;  “I think you should go!” she says, and he replies that he has another class;  he does not want to be late, but still makes another attempt to kiss her. 
. . . but he tries his luck again, with the same result
Again she repulses him, 
"Arwen will be back shortly!"
pointing out that Arwen will be back shortly, and he makes a hasty exit, 
Just like his father, he thinks he is irresistible
but obviously still fancies his chances.    Ffion, sitting on the floor, 
. . . but not entirely upset about it
does not look entirely upset by this development.