5 March 2019

"You weren't expecting to see me, were you?"
“You weren’t expecting to see me today, were you?” says Angela, “I came to, after you left me to die in the mine.”   As he closes the roller shutter, 
"You're the one who has made me suffer!"
he realises that she is the one who has been sending him texts, and has made him suffer.   
"Now things are going to get much worse for you!"
“Well, just like you made me suffer!” she replies, “And now, things are going to get much worse for you!”
"Have you seen my husband?"
The party is still going on in the Deri, and Kelly is searching for her new husband;  “I’ve lost him,” she tells Anita and Amanda, “I haven’t seen him for ages – I’m going to look for him,” but Anita urges her to relax, and is sure that he will be back in a minute.
"Have a dance with your best man"
To take Kelly’s mind off it, Anita suggests that she dances with the best man, but Amanda maintains that they do not know how to dance;  she could show them a few moves.   
Siôn has trouble staying vertical
Siôn appears to be rather unsteady on his feet at this stage.
"You have no idea what I've been through!"
“You have no idea what I’ve been through!” rages Ed, “I thought I’d killed you – the guilt – how could you be so cruel?”   
"You pushed me down the mine!"
Angela points out that he tried to kill her – he pushed her down the mine.   
"You should have let me know you were OK"
He insists that she should have let him know that she was OK.
"I wanted to spoil your big day!"
“Like you let everyone know that I was dead, is that right?” she snarls, “You didn’t say a word to anyone.   Haven’t you worked it out yet?   I wanted to spoil your big day!”
He demands what she is going to do, and she replies that it is up to him;  “I could go to the Deri, I could phone the police and tell everyone exactly what you did to me.   
"You can pay me compensation"
“Or you can pay me compensation for all the trauma I’ve had to suffer.   How much is your relationship with Kelly worth?   £5,000?   Oh – more than that – right, OK, £10,000 then.   A small price, considering what you did.”
"You can't do this – it's blackmail!"
Ed protests that he does not have £10,000, so she instructs him to find it;  “You can’t do this – it’s blackmail!” he exclaims, “It’s only your word against mine – and everyone knows about all your lies over the years!”
"Remember Dewi?"
She answers, “But I’m not lying this time, am I, Ed?   And you know it – and you’ve got a history of violence.   Remember Dewi?”
"Don't they look beautiful?"
At Bryntirion, Diane has been sent a photo of the wedding by Anita;  “Oh, don’t they look beautiful – the women, and the men?   Debbie’s done a good job of this male grooming, you know.   Don’t you think the men look fantastic?”
"I can't see any difference!"
She shows Dai the photo, and he cannot see any difference;  he takes exception when she describes him as old-fashioned.   
"Make the most of what you've got"
“There’s nothing wrong with making the best of what you’ve got,” she goes on, “I’m going to do a home spa now to get ready for Murrayfield on Saturday.”
"You're going to watch the rubgby"
Dai informs her, “You’re going to watch the rugby – you’d be better off with home brew!”   Diane reminds him he could make more of an effort when it comes to his appearance, 
"Men aren't supposed to dabble in pampering and plucking"
but he maintains, “Men aren’t supposed to dabble in pampering and plucking.
“Well, it’s pretty obvious that the Welsh rugby players like grooming now and again,” she tells him, but he cannot see the Pontypool front row with their faces covered in chocolate face mask.   
"That jungle you've got growing up your nose!"
“None of them would walk about with that jungle you’ve got growing up your nose!” she snaps, “Have you looked in the mirror lately?”
Dai goes to the bureau
When she goes upstairs, Dai looks in the bureau and locates a small mirror, 
Presumably it is Ifan's mirror
with which he attempts to investigate the problem she has raised.
"They found indecent images on Neville's laptop"
Britt has just answered a phone call, and tells Colin that it was the police, who have found indecent images of children on Neville’s laptop;  “They’ve charged him with grooming three children, including Aaron.”
"I'm glad they've caught him"
Colin is glad that he has been caught, 
"They've released the pig on bail!"
but Britt continues, “And what have they done?   They’ve released the pig on bail! Who would let someone like that walk the streets?   
"He could do it again!"
“He could do it again!”
"You're obviously having a good time!"
The party is still in full swing, and Kelly asks Garry for a drink of water;  he can see that she is having a good time, and hopes that the food was all right.   
"Have you seen Ed?"
Then she asks, “Have you seen Ed?”   He says that he has not, so she asks Siôn the same question;  
"I think he was going to the garage"
he thinks someone said Ed was going to the garage, which Kelly finds puzzling.
"There's a warrant out for your arrest!"
In the garage, Ed points out, “You can’t go to the police – there is a warrant out for your arrest!” 
"They won't arrest me if they know the truth"
but she is confident they will not arrest her if they know the truth.   
She stresses that Ed had a motive – the video of him and Gaynor, of which she still has a copy;  
"£10,000 – so I can get far away from here!"
“£10,000, OK?   So I can get far away from here.”   
Kelly is outside, banging on the shutter
Then there is a banging on the roller shutter door, with Kelly demanding whether Ed is in there.   
"I could tell her everything about her perfect little husband"
Angela whispers, “I could tell her now, if you want – I could tell her everything about her perfect little husband.   Pay me £10,000, and you’ll never hear from me again!   Because, the thing is, if Kelly finds out exactly who she’s married . . .”
By this time, Kelly has concluded that he is not there and walks away, 
Ed acquiesces to her demand
as Ed agrees to Angela’s demand.   “Sensible – when can I have the money, then?” she demands, and he pleads that he is going on honeymoon tonight, then he will need to find the money.   He will be back a week on Thursday.
"Or everyone will know about your dirty little secrets!"
She wants the money then;  “Or everyone will know about your dirty little secrets!”
"Of course you were right to give Neville a hiding!"
Britt is still very angry;  “What system would release a paedo, and force you to go to court for doing the right thing?   Of course you were right to give Neville a hiding!   
"Half the village thinks you're a hero"
“Anyone would have done the same – half the village thinks you’re a hero, but you have to go to court while they release that swine to walk around the place!”
"Don't get worked up, Britt"
Colin urges her not to get worked up about it, but she has the idea of appealing against Neville’s bail;  
"If anyone can sort this out, it's Garry!"
“There must be something we can do about it – if anyone can sort this out, it’s Garry!   Come on, we’re going to the Deri.   It doesn’t matter about the wedding.”
"I don't want to see anyone"
Colin makes it abundantly clear that he is not in the mood to see anyone, and does not believe that Garry can do anything, either.
Dai is engaged in a painful operation
Dai is engaged in the painful process of plucking hairs from his nose, 
"Joseph of Arimathea!"  (That's a new one)
and utters various expletives, including, “Joseph of Arimathea!”
"I was starting to think you'd done a runner!"
Ed walks slowly back to the Deri, just as Kelly comes out;  “At last!   I was starting to think you’d done a runner!” she squeals, 
"I needed a quiet five minutes"
and he says that he needed a quiet five minutes.   “Are you all right?   You look like you’ve seen a ghost!” she says, “It’s a bit full-on in there – I went to the garage to look for you, as Siôn said you were there.   
"You've got a surprise for me, haven't you?"
“You’ve got a surprise for me, haven’t you?”
"You shouldn't be checking up on me!"
He angrily says that he has not, and that she should not be checking up on him.   The last thing that she wants to do it is to spoil any plans he has up his sleeve;  “Now are you going to stop sulking and come to smooch with your wife?”   
Ed regains his composure . . .
He kisses her.
. . . but does not look at all happy . . .
He walks sullenly between the dancing couples 
. . . as he walks to the bar
and stands by the bar.
Diane is in the process of a beauty treatment
Dai finds his wife asleep, wearing a facemask, 
"Crikey Moses!   You look like death warmed up!"
and laughs, “Crikey Moses!   You look like death warmed up!” but she is confident her face will be like a baby’s bottom after this mask.   
"Do you notice anything different?"
He stands over her, wondering, “Do you notice anything different?” and she notices that he has trimmed his nose.
"There's something sexy about a man who looks after himself"
“There’s something sexy about a man who looks after himself,” she remarks, “But don’t get any ideas about tonight – I want an early night.   
Dai appears quite anticipatory
“The weekend’s coming up, and if you carry on like this . . . you could give your chest a trim too – 
"Shagpile went out of fashion years ago!"
“shagpile went out of fashion years ago, Dai!   I see your chest – so how about it?   
"I'm hoping to have a romantic night"
“I’m hoping to have a very romantic night on Saturday night.”
He selects the necessary waxing equipment
He looks at various beauty products on the table and selects a box;  “Strips legs and body,” he reads.
In the Deri flat, Siôn is trying to clean his jacket, which has had drink spilt on it, 
"We have to do something – anything!"
while Britt is insisting, “We have to do something – anything!”    Garry points out that Neville will get what he deserves when he goes to prison, and that she will just have to be patient.
She continues, undeterred, “No – that Neville is a bad man – and Colin – well he’s the best man I’ve ever met,” 
Siôn sees some humour in that remark
and Siôn has to smile at that remark.   “I just hope the judge sees that when he is in the dock.   
"Get everyone to sign a petition"
Siôn suggests that she could show how much people think of Colin by getting everyone to sign a petition;  he is sure that the judge would take that into consideration, 
"That's a good idea, Siôn"
and Garry agrees that it is a good idea.
He suggests that she could organise a couple of character references as well, which is bound to help.   
"You could write one now, Siôn"
She details Siôn to write one now, but he refuses, 
"I'm in the middle of a wedding reception!"
as he is in the middle of the wedding festivities at the moment, and will do it tomorrow.   Britt hurries home, to start her petition
Iolo does not appear to enjoy all this alcohol
Downstairs in the bar, Iolo is wondering why he started drinking shots with Amanda;  ‘It’s such a shame you’re gay, 
"You're my ideal man"
“because you’re my ideal man,” she tells him, “Gorgeous, funny, and quite a mover.”
"I thought Jacob was your ideal man"
He thought that Jacob was her ideal man, but she admits that was before he took his wife to Tenerife instead of her.   
"You came here because Jacob dumped you!"
Kelly has heard this and comments, “That’s why you came here – because Jacob dumped you.   I thought you came here because this is the biggest day of my life.   
"That's typical of you!"
“Liar!   That’s typical of you – but why change the habit of a lifetime?”
"What do you think of the car?"
Ed is sitting in a corner, looking thoroughly depressed;  Garry asks him what he thinks of the car.   Ed replies that it is great, 
"Can you bring it round the front?"
and wants Garry to bring it round to the front when he gets a chance.   
Britt will take this all round the village . . .
Britt has designed her petition, and promises Colin that as soon as the children have gone to school, she will knock on every door until everyone in the village has signed it.   
. . . but Colin is doubtful about its worth
He says that he does not want to pour cold water on the idea, but doubts that it will make any difference.
“Of of course it will!” she insists, “Don’t be so negative.   Perhaps we should consider getting one more character reference, too – from someone important and respectable – Diane.   
"I'm going to Bryntirion!"
“She is a councillor, and is bound to make an impression on the judge.   I’m going to Bryntirion!”
Ed looks at Kelly
Ed stands, looking at Kelly, who is by the bar;  
Siôn is in an inebriated state
Siôn seems increasingly unable to stay upright.   Kelly turns and sees Ed, alone; 
"You don't seem to be enjoying yourself"
“You don’t seem to be enjoying yourself,” she remarks, and goes on to say that her mother is only there because the wonderful Jacob has taken his wife to Tenerife instead of her.   
"I don't know why I'm surprised, though!"
“I don’t know why I’m surprised, though – that’s the way she has always been – it’s just so disappointing!”
"I think we should leave now"
He suggests that they should leave now, 
"I can't leave my own party"
but she argues she cannot leave her own party.   “Why not?   Everyone knows we’re going to York – we could go a bit earlier,” he says, “I just want to go – 
"I can't wait to get you on your own, Mrs Charles!"
“I can’t wait to get you on your own, Mrs Charles!   
"I knew you did have a surprise!"
“I have got a surprise for you – do you want it now?”
Dai groans as he reads the paper
Dai is sitting in his dressing gown, reading the Western Post, and grimacing as the waxing pads are taking effect.   
"What are you doing – waxing?"
There is a knock at the back door and Britt marches in, much to his discomfiture;  “What are you doing – waxing?” she demands, 
"I want Diane to write Colin a character reference"
“I want Diane to write Colin a character reference.”   
Dai says that she should leave the matter with him, 
"Remember you didn't see this!"
but should just remember that she did not see this.   He will persuade Diane to write the reference, if Britt forgets about what he was doing;  
"Or you can say goodbye to Colin, and his reference!"
“Or you can say goodbye to Colin, and his reference!”
Kelly is ecstatic when she sees the car
With her eyes closed, Kelly is led out of the Deri, and is absolutely delighted when she sees the car waiting for them.   Garry announces, “Your carriage awaits!”
"I knew I was right to marry you!"
Kelly squeals, “I knew I was right to marry you!   
She gives Ed a kiss . . .
“Come here!” and she kisses Ed;  he opens the door for her, 
. . . hugs her Auntie Anita . . .
and after hugging Auntie Anita 
. . . and, reluctantly, her mother
and her mother, she gets in, 
"Enjoy yourself – and behave!"
while Iolo advises her to behave.
The happy couple set off
The partygoers wave to them as the car sets off along the High Street;  
The car traverses the High Street . . .
as it passes the alley, 
. . . passing a figure lurking in the alley
we can see the figure of Angela lurking in the shadows.