25 March 2019

Gerwyn is on surveillance duty
Gerwyn is keeping watch from inside the café, and reports to Jaclyn by phone that Tesni has not returned yet, and he has a good view from his vantage point;  
"I'll make sure she comes straight home!"
“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure she comes straight home!”
"I don't know what's wrong with me, Ricky"
Kelly tells Ricky she does not know what is wrong with her;  “One minute I’m freezing, then I’m boiling.”   
"You may have a virus"
He suggests that she may have a virus, and not just a dodgy stomach, as she suspected last week.
Ed is meanwhile sitting at a table, staring at his phone, which eventually sounds, 
Another text from Angela 
and he sees a message, asking him, “How’s the saving coming along?”   
Kelly tells him that he looks a bit peaky, too, 
"I'm on a special mission!"
and that she cannot afford to be ill now because she is on a special mission;  “Do you want to know what it is?”   Ed replies that of course he does, and she advises, 
"I've decided to buy my own rings"
“Don’t have a hissy fit now, but I’ve decided to buy my own rings.”   Ed will not countenance this, arguing that he is her husband and he should pay, but she insists it is her fault because she lost them.
"You can't do that – I'll buy them!"
He is quite determined that he wants to buy them for her, and she is unwilling to quarrel with him;  she tells Ricky she is very excited.
The lovebirds are back in the village . . .
At last Gerwyn catches sight of Tesni and Mathew returning from their weekend away, and, 
. . . and their kiss is interrupted . . .
as they kiss, rushes out of the café, 
. . . by an angry father
shouting, “Tesni – home now!”   She cannot believe that he is angry because she is a day late getting back, 
Tesni is unceremoniously hauled off home
but he marches her back home, warning Mathew not to say a word.
"Mam, tell him!"
Inside the house, she appeals to her mother, but Gerwyn rages, “She is as disappointed as I am.”   
"We agreed you could go for one night!"
Jaclyn agrees that she should not have been a day late;  they agreed that she could go to Cardiff for one night.   
"I'm trying to watch this!"
Guto complains that he is trying to watch something on the television, but his father grabs the remote and turns it off.
"We decided to stay another night"
“We were having a good time and we decided to stay another night,” Tesni informs them, “Math had a day off and I didn’t think it would be a big deal.”   Gerwyn reminds her that she is supposed to be at school.
“We trusted you enough to let you go, and you took advantage!” complains her mother, 
"I knew I shouldn't have trusted Mathew!"
and Gerwyn reiterates that he knew that he was right not to trust Mathew.   Tesni is adamant that it is not Mathew’s fault, but her father is still waiting for her to say sorry.
"For living my life?"
“For what?   For living my life?” Tesni explodes, so she is banned from seeing Mathew again, but shouts, “You can’t stop me!”
He replies with, “Can’t I now?   While you’re living here, you’ll do as I say!  
"And by the way, you're grounded!"
“And by the way, you’re grounded, until your mother I say differently – do you hear?”   Tesni storms upstairs, and he says that she has to learn some time.
"Shouting at her is not going to work!"
Jaclyn points out that shouting at her and stopping her seeing her boyfriend is not going to work.
"Jason's doing all right in rehab"
DJ is working at APD when Sara receives a text from Jason;  “He’s doing all right in rehab – everyone’s in the same boat, aren’t they?”   
"Why did you forgive him so easily?"
DJ is hardly sympathetic, and cannot understand why she has forgiven him so easily, after all the lies.   She explains, “Because I love him,” but DJ maintains that she deserves better.
"He couldn't help it"
“Listen, you and I know that what Jason did was wrong – but he couldn’t help it,” she says;  DJ is not going to be taken in by that.   She is quite convinced that he really could not help it;  “Like people who are addicted to alcohol or drugs – it’s an illness.”
"And you think he is cured now?"
“And you think he is cured now, after a week in some gambling retreat?” DJ demands;  
"Why do you always think the worst of him?"
she wonders why he always thinks the worst of Jason – he is family and they are supposed to stick together.   “Sorry, Sara, I can’t just forgive him and pretend nothing happened – he’s deceived too many people.”
"You forgave Gwyneth quickly enough!"
“You’re a good one to talk!” she snarls, “You forgave Gwyneth quickly enough after what she did to you, and that was far worse!”   DJ feels suitably chastened.
Ed seems to be looking at 'high-end' rings
Ed is browsing rings online, with the prices varying between £2,000 and £6,000, then shuts the laptop with a sigh.   
His 'engagement gift' watch gives him an idea
He looks at his watch, which gives him an idea;  picking up his phone, 
He contacts Tudor Jones again
he speaks again to Tudor, who bought the rings from him, and asks if he has sold them on.   
"I want the rings back"
He explains, “I want them back, and I’ll make it worth your while.   I’ll meet you out the back.”
Diane collects ready meals for dinner
Downstairs in the café, Diane is collecting some ready meals from Kelly, and comments that it is a Godsend with all the people in their house,   
"I hear Jason's gone away this week"
“Sara was saying that Jason’s gone away this week,” says Kelly, 
"There's a big job near Aberystwyth"
and Diane lies that he has a big job near Aberystwyth.   
"I'm popping out for a while"
Ed tells Kelly that he is popping out for a while, and is asked where he is going, 
"Secret, Kelly!"
but he says it is a secret.
She confides to Ricky, “You don’t think he’s going to buy rings, do you?” but he does not seem very interested.
Loud music can be heard from upstairs
As Jaclyn and Gerwyn are folding the washing, there is the sound of loud music coming from upstairs, which Guto diagnoses to be Tesni sulking.   Jaclyn recommend that Gerwyn let her get it out of her system.   “I wish she’d get that Mathew out of her system!” he moans.
"I'm going to live with Mathew!"
Then the music stops and Tesni comes very noisily downstairs, carrying two bags, and announces, “I’m going to live with Mathew – you can’t stop me!”   
Ignoring her father, off she goes

Her mother wants to discuss this sensibly, and her father shouts at her to take the bags upstairs, but she simply walks out of the door.
"Well done, Ger!"
“Well done, Ger!” Jacqueline congratulates him, 
He adopts his usual perplexed look
“If you carry on like this, you’ll make yourself ill!”
"I've moved out – because Dad's an idiot!"
When Tesni arrives at the shop flat, Mathew enquires what happened;  “I’ve moved out!” she informs him, “Because Dad’s an idiot!   
"I'm going to live here with you"
“I’m going to live here with you – Sioned won’t mind, will she?”
"Without discussing it with me first?"
He is taken aback;  “Tes, you can’t move in without discussing it with me first – you do understand that, don’t you?   
"We've only been seeing each other a couple of weeks"
“We’ve only been seeing each other a couple of weeks.”   She remarks that he thought she was good enough over the weekend, but he urges her to grow up, and not be so childish.   
"I'm too young for you, am I?"
“So I’m too young for you, am I?   Is that what you’re trying to say?” she demands, 
"You haven't thought things through"
but he argues that she has not thought things through.   
"Fine – I'll go somewhere else, then!"
“Fine – I’ll go somewhere else, then!” she tells him, “Don’t pretend you care!” and she walks out of the flat.
"Do you want me to pack another box?"
DJ asks if Sara wants him to pack another box, but she has had enough for today;  
"It will save anyone cooking tonight"
then Diane comes in, telling them she has something from the café to save anyone having to cook tonight.   
"See you at home later"
Sara says she is tired and in a rush to pick up Ifan, and Diane senses that all is not well between her and DJ.
"I was too hard on Jason"
“I was too hard on Jason,” he explains, 
"I wish you could forgive him"
and Diane wishes that he could forgive Jason, as he has admitted his mistakes.   
"It's not that easy, is it?"
“It’s not that easy is it?” he replies, “I don’t think he realises how much he’s hurt people.   He waltzes around the place as if nothing’s happened, expecting everyone else to clear up his mess.”
He is shocked when hearing that Jason attempted suicide
“Jason considered killing himself – that’s how bad he felt about things!” Diane reveals, and this causes DJ to think.
Ed is waiting for Tudor
Round the back of APD, Ed waits with his phone, and doubts if Tudor will turn up, but he does;  
"£500 for the two rings!"
“I’m here now, so don’t complain!” he is told, “£500 for the two!”   Ed protests that he only paid £300 for them, 
"They call it 'commission'!"
but it is described as ‘commission’.
Ed wants to use his watch as payment, 
"Nice bit of kit, but not worth £500"
which Tudor regards as a nice piece of kit, but not worth £500.   
"It's vintage, not a scratch on it"
“It’s worth £1,000 at least!” insists Ed, “It’s vintage, over 70 years old, not a scratch on it, and I’ve got the original case.”
"Let's have a look at it, then"
“You must be desperate to get those rings back,” Tudor smiles, “But I need to have a good look at it first,” so Ed hands it to him.
Tesni does not know what to do now
When Mathew comes down from the flat, he finds Tesni in the alley with nowhere to go;  
"I think the world of you, Tes"
“Tes, I was worried about – come here, I think the world of you, all right?”   
Coincidentally, Gerwyn is passing
Gerwyn happens to be passing the end of the alley as Matthew continues, 
"It's not a good idea to move in, just to punish your father"
“But that doesn’t mean I think it’s a good idea for you to move in, just to punish your father.”
Gerwyn eavesdrops
As Gerwyn listens to this, his opinion of Mathew changes, 
"It's not me you should be apologising to"
as Tesni apologises for having a strop, and he maintains, “It is not me you should be apologising to.”   She tells him that her father does not want her to see him any more,  
"Do you want me to come over and sort everything out?"
but Mathew points out, “Your father is worried about you – do you want me to come over now and sort everything out?   I owe your parents an apology, because we shouldn’t have stayed an extra night in Cardiff.”
"I owe you two an apology!"
Now Gerwyn puts in an appearance and admits that he owes both of them an apology;  “It’s not easy, you see, for a father to see his daughter with her boyfriend.”   He proposes a clean slate, and shakes hands with Mathew;  “I don’t want us all falling out – life’s too short, isn’t it?”   
Tesni is very emotional
As Tesni has tears in her eyes, 
"I'm sure Mathew isn't that bad!"
he adds, “Anyway, I’m sure Mathew isn’t that bad!”
"Can I go to his flat for an hour?"
“So is it all right to go to Mathew’s flat, just for an hour?” she asks, but her father has a better idea than that, 
They all three walk off together
and they all walk off along the street together.
The inscription puts Tudor off the watch
Tudor looks at the watch, with the inscription on the back, 
"No go!"
and decides, “No go!   That engraving on the back – you said there wasnt a scratch on it.”   
"But it's in fantastic condition!"
Ed argues that it gives a bit of character, of history, and that it is in fantastic condition, but Tudor is not interested.
"Come on, mate!"
Ed grabs his arm to remonstrate with him, as he is about to leave, and at that moment Ricky comes out of the back door of the café, shouting at the stranger to leave Ed alone.
"He would have stolen your watch!"
“Lucky I was bringing the bins out, or he would have stolen your watch,” Ricky says, 
"I was trying to sell the watch, stupid!"
but Ed points out he was trying to sell the watch to buy rings for Kelly, which makes Ricky feel rather stupid.
"Dinner will be ready in half an hour"
Diane has put the meals into the oven, and they should be ready in half an hour;  Sara is busy working at the table, and Diane considers that she is overdoing it.   
"I'm determined to catch up with this paperwork"
“While Jason’s away, I’m determined to catch up with this paperwork,” she says, and Diane remarks that he is very lucky to have her.
"Sould I send Jason a text?"
DJ comes in, and suggests to Sara that perhaps he should send a text to Jason, to wish him well.   
"He'd appreciate that – and so would I"
“Yes, he’d appreciate that – and so would I,”   she says, looking much happier now.
"I think I might have ruined your chances"
Ricky goes upstairs to see Kelly and admits, “I think I might have ruined your chances of getting new rings.   
"Ed was trying to sell his watch"
“I put my foot in it just now, when Ed was trying to sell his watch to some bloke.”
"Trying to sell his watch?"
“Ed trying to sell his watch?” she demands, 
"Do you have an explanation, or what?"
but unfortunately, Ed has just come up the stairs, and is interrogated by Kelly.   “Well, do you have an explanation, or what?”   He admits that he was trying to get some cash to buy rings for her.
"It was an engagement present"
“Ed, I went to a lot of trouble to get that watch for you – it was an engagement present – I don’t want you to sell it to get rings for me.   
"You haven't got any spare cash, have you?"
“You haven’t got any spare cash, have you?”   
"I didn't want to disappoint you"
He shakes his head, but did not want to disappoint her, and is very sorry for everything.
She grabs his arm;  “There’s no need for you to be sorry – I’m the one who lost the rings.”   He vows that he will find a way of buying new ones for her, 
"No loan sharks, or anything like that!"
but she begs him, “Please don’t do anything stupid, right?   No loan sharks, or stupid things like that.”   
"As long as you're willing to be patient"
He promises, as long as she is willing to be patient.
"Is it safe to come out now?"
Jaclyn is putting away the ironing board when Guto asks if it is safe for him to come downstairs;  
"Dad needs to chill out!"
“Dad needs to chill out, doesn’t he?” but his mother says he knows what his Dad is like.
"Curry for everyone!"
Then the door opens and Gerwyn appears;  “You haven’t started cooking dinner, have you?” he asks, “Curry for everyone!”   
Mathew and Tesni come in
He is followed in by Tesni and Mathew, 
Mathew is very apologetic
who starts off by apologising, “I’m sorry about Tesni staying an extra night in Cardiff – I should have realised it would cause problems.”   Tesni herself echoes these sentiments, 
Jaclyn kisses Gerwyn . . .
and Jaclyn is very pleased that peace has been restored.   
. . . and they are both hugged by Tesni 
Tesni hugs her parents with gratitude.
"The money in that frozen account thingy . . ."
Ed is still looking very worried as Kelly picks up the laptop and begins, “I’ve been thinking – you know the money we’ve got in that frozen account thingy?   
". . . could we, like, defrost it?"
“I was thinking of checking to see if we could, like, defrost it.   It’s stupid to save when we’ve got money.”
"There's no point, Kel!"
Ed rather abruptly tells there is no point, 
"I'm just so angry with myself!"
so she replies, “I know I’m going on and on about these rings, but I’m just so angry with myself!   I know that no ring will replace Nain Gwalchmai’s ring.   
"What do I do?    Lose it!"
“Auntie Anita trusts me with an heirloom from Meic’s family – and what do I do? Lose it!”
"By the end of the year, you'll have two fantastic rings"
Ed realises it is hard but thinks that she has to accept that the rings have gone;  “But I promise you that by the end of the year you’ll have two completely fantastic rings on your finger.”   
"Where will you get the cash?"
She wonders where he will get the cash, and he tells her he will save up;  “Put a bit aside every week – no pint after work – no takeaways – save every penny.”
"I love you!"
“I love you,” she says, and kisses him;  
The menacing texts continue to arrive . . .
as she walks away, another text arrives, 
. . . and Ed is at the end of his tether
reminding him that Angela wants £1,800 by the end of the week, with no excuses.