22 March 2019

Ed looks around nervously
Ed is hanging around in the back street, and looks nervously into the alley to make sure no-one is coming;  when Angela approaches, she complains, “Do you realise how much of a risk I’m taking, coming here?”   
"I haven't got all the money"
He admits that he is short of the £10,000, and is £1,800 short;  “If you want to see it all, promise me that you will delete that recording!   Do you understand what I’m saying?”   
She plays him the recording
Her reply is to get out the phone and replay for his benefit the recording of him saying that he thought he had killed her, and that she is so cruel.
"You have two hours to find it!"
“You have two hours to find it!” she instructs him, “Find the money and the recording will disappear.   
"Meet me in the park at eleven"
“Meet me in the park at eleven.”   She walks away, somehow avoiding being seen by any of the villagers, and Ed is left in a state of panic.
The police have left a leaflet . . .
The police have visited Penrhewl, and left a leaflet about avoiding burglaries;  
. . . which Eileen looks at . . .
as Jim sees them out, Eileen comes downstairs and looks at the leaflet.   
. . . and is not reassured
She is not encouraged by its wording, “Victim of Crime?   We are here to help.”
"They're going to continue their enquiries"
Jim says that the police are going to carry on with their enquiries, and Eileen hopes they find who did it, but now they need to tidy up the place;  “I’ve got a lot to do today – washing and ironing – I can’t put everything on hold, can I?   
"I'll go and sort out the washing"
“You finish up here, and I’ll sort out the washing.”
"Is everyone all right at Penrhewl?"
In the café, Kelly asks Anita if everyone at Penrhewl is OK;  Hywel comes in for an Americano, 
"Did you hear about the burglary at Penrhewl?"
and Anita says, “Did you hear about the burglary at Penrhewl?   
"More of a walk-in than a break-in, apparently"
“Mind you, it was more of a walk-in than a break-in, apparently.”
As she elaborates on the news, 
"Did you say a burglary at Penrhewl?"
Ed arrives and feigns surprise about the robbery;  Hywel was on his way to the farm, but thinks he had better change his plan if the police are still there.   
"If you do that the thief will have won"
Ed advises him not to do that;  “Or the thief will have won!”
Kelly is puzzled;  “Why do you think it was one person?   ‘The thief’ you said,” 
"This was in the back pocket of your jeans!"
and then she produces the money which she found in the back pocket of his jeans, when she was going to wash them.   “You obviously didn’t pay Eileen – how could you?   Take it there now, please.”
"I can't – I have to change the filters"
He makes excuses, saying that he has to change the filters in the extractor fan, 
"Right, I'll go, then – now!"
so she decides that she will take it instead, straightaway, and marches out of the café.   
Ed has his hand in the till
As soon as she is gone, he opens the till and removes several notes.
Jim is very upset
At Penrhewl, Jim is pondering about the break-in, 
"Huwi is fast asleep"
and Eileen reports that Huwi is fast asleep, as if nothing had happened.   
"This is my fault, isn't it?"
He is upset;  “To think someone came into our home and went through our things, as if they had the right.   Who would do such a thing?   This is my fault, isn’t it?   If I taken the money to the bank, this wouldn’t have happened – I put you and Huwi in danger.”
"Your self-pity doesn't help, Jim"
She points out, rather bluntly, that his self-pity does not help;  
"How do you think I feel?   I was here!"
“How do you think I feel?   I was here!   Now Huwi is asleep upstairs, and he needs his parents to be strong!”
"Ed forgot to pay for the veg yesterday"
Then Kelly arrives;  “We’re so embarrassed – Ed forgot to pay for the veg yesterday – sorry!” she says, but is told that she could have brought the money any time.   “Do the police think they will arrest the burglar?” she wonders, 
"Eifion almost caught him"
and Jim remarks that Eifion almost caught him.   
"It's so frustrating, isn't it?"
Kelly says that it is so frustrating, and returns to the café.
"I hope they find out who did it!"
Jim realises that everyone knows about it now, and hopes that they find out who did it.
"I hope you won't give your germs to Greta and me"
“I hope you won’t give your germs to Greta and me,” says Iolo, 
"I feel better than I did yesterday"
and Tyler confirms that he feels better than he did yesterday.   “I’ve got a job in Cwrtmynach – do you need anything?” Iolo asks, but Tyler is going to look at those new downloads, and hopes that the £200 he spent was worth it.
He settles down to some more research
Settling down, with his box of tissues, in front of the laptop, he begins to investigate.
"They think it was someone local"
Hywel arrives at Penrhewl, and expresses his sorrow about what happened last night;  Jim tells him that the police think it was someone local, as he seemed to know his way around.   Eileen confirms that it was only one person, and asks what Hywel has with him.
"Let's hear about it, then, Hywel"
He replies that it is some research he has done for the green energy project, and Eileen would like to hear about it;  he sits down.
Rather an unwise place to keep his ill-gotten gains
Ed is upstairs in the flat, where he adds the money from the till to a bag, unwisely kept in the easily-accessed drawer of the sideboard.   
"What are you doing, Ed?"
He hears Kelly coming, and tries to act innocent;  she asks what he is doing, and reveals that she does not feel very special.   
"Oh, my stomach!"
“Oh, my stomach!” she groans, and he suspects that she has caught the flu.
"This Penrhewl business is freaking me out!"
“This Penrhewl business doesn’t help, either – it’s freaking me out!” she tells him, “They were in shock.”   She lies on the sofa with her eyes closed, and says that she will be OK, 
Ed consults his watch
while he anxiously looks at his watch.
Hywel's preliminary visual aid
Hywel produces a diagram to explain the process, headed, ‘Pwll Bach (Small Pit) but Great Vision!’   Eileen enquires about the timetable for the project, 
"We're talking two or three tears at least"
and he answers that they are talking about two or three years at least.   Jim points out that the important thing is to put a stop to Gaynor, as they do not want a court case.
Hywel remarks, “She has threatened to dump her legal costs on us, too,” 
"So this is just a PR stunt?"
so Eileen concludes that what he is proposing is simply a PR exercise, and he agrees that, at the moment, it is.   “I thought about having some kind of public presentation next week,” he goes on.
"Is it wise to do it so soon?"
Jim doubts that it is a good idea to do this so soon, but Eileen insists, “No, we have a company to run – we need to move forward.”   
"I think Eileen should do the presentation"
Hywel suggests that she should do the presentation herself;  “I think you’d attract less opposition than me – I would be there to answer any awkward questions.”   
Eileen does not think she is the right person . . .
She does not think that she is the right person, 
. . . but is eventually won over
but is eventually persuaded.
"Don't put too much pressure on her"
When she goes upstairs to check on Huwi, Jim warns Hywel, “Don’t put too much pressure on her,” and Hywel is about to leave to put the plans into action.   
"About the security guard . . ."
“That other business we discussed, about having a security guard overnight,” Jim adds, “I downplayed things when Ed asked about the job.”
"Ed?   He's already got two jobs!"
“Ed?   He’s already got two jobs – why does he want it?” Hywel demands, “I’ll ask him when I see him.”
Ed has another message . . .
Meanwhile, Ed is clearing tables in the café, when his phone sounds;  he looks at the message 
. . . and he is apprehensive
and appears to be very concerned.
Tyler is still working on the laptop
Tyler is still studying the laptop when Iolo returns from Cwrtmynach;    
"I've found out something incredible!"
he says he likes being his own boss.   “You’re not going to believe this, but I’ve found out something incredible,” Tyler announces, 
"I'm related to royalty!"
“I’m related to royalty – Edith Davies’ great, great, great grandfather was the son of the Earl of Dinefwr, and his family ancestry goes right back to none other than Queen Anne!   
"Earl of the town and county of Carmarthen"
“Look, Earl of the town and County of Carmarthen in the principality of Wales.”
After all that exertion, Tyler fancies a cappuccino from the café, 
"Yes, your majesty!"
and Iolo responds, “Yes, your majesty!   A cappuccino for Earl Davies White of number seven!”
"Someone from the village, you say?"
Ed exhibits surprise when told that the police suspect someone from the village;  Kelly comes downstairs, still not feeling too special, and Hywel informs her that the police found footprints from the thief’s trainers.   
"I hate people like that!"
Kelly is quite emphatic, “They might catch the scumbag, then – I hate people like that!”
"Someone young and pretty fit, apparently"
Hywel says that it was someone young and pretty fit;  then Iolo appears, to get the cappuccino for Tyler, 
"I'm not feeling too clever, either"
and Kelly sympathises as she is not feeling very good either.   Iolo thanks Hywel for the Ancestry Pack;  “To be honest, it’s one of the best hobbies I’ve had for while.”
"You wouldn't believe the abuse I've had about it!"
Hywel is pleased to hear it;  “You wouldn’t believe the abuse I’ve had about it!”   Iolo tells him that Tyler is related to Queen Anne;  
"I'll roll out the red carpet next time!"
Kelly will try to remember to roll out the red carpet next time, and Iolo returns to ‘Lord Davies White’.
"Are you going to answer that, Ed?"
Ed’s phone sounds again, and Kelly tells him to answer it;  
"You have the whole amount now, don't you?"
Angela assumes that he has the whole amount of money by now, and he replies, for Kelly’s benefit, 
"Of course I remember, Megan"
“Yes, of course I remember, Megan.   I will come over as soon as I can.”   Angela looks very pleased with herself.
He tells Kelly that he promised to take some things across to the Maenan Appeal, 
"I won't be very long"
and assures her that he will not be long;  “The second I get back you can go upstairs and lie down.”
He retrieves the money from the drawer . . .
Upstairs, he picks up the bagful of money, 
. . . and takes clothes from the linen basket
grabs various clothes from the linen basket, and bundles it all into a black sack.   He looks at his watch and hurries out, but when he gets downstairs, 
"Hang on, Ed, I've got some stuff to go there"
Kelly says she has some stuff to go there too.   
He insists that they can go through things next week, and that he must go now so that she is not on her feet for too long.   
Then he is stopped by Hywel 
He is delayed again as he reaches the door, and Hywel mentions the job he has been asking about at Pwll Bach;  “Haven’t you got enough jobs already?”
"I haven't even tried for the blinkin' job yet!"
Ed rather angrily replies, “Don’t tell me what I can and can’t do, all right?   I haven’t even tried for the blinkin’ job yet!”   
He cannot get out of the door quickly enough
His phone sounds, and he rushes out of the door.
"I'm sure there was more than that in the till"
Anita has just come in and asks for a coffee, but Kelly is preoccupied, as she was sure there was more money in the till earlier, 
"Wishful thinking, is it?"
but Anita puts it down to ‘wishful thinking’.
"Who am I related to?"
Back at number 7, “Come on, who am I related to?” demands Iolo, “Owain Glyndwr?”   Tyler replies that is it not quite it – Iolo is related to William Williams, the MP.
"He was responsible for 'The Blue Books'!"
“He was one of the three responsible for the Blue Books’ – 
"He wanted to see the death of the Welsh language"
“it was a report that wanted to see the death of the Welsh language.”   
"If Dad gets a sniff of that!"
Iolo knows that if his father gets a sniff of that, he will be really upset, so that information must under no circumstances leave the room.
Ed is looking over his shoulder
In the park, Ed with his black sack, is looking for Angela;  
The stuff from the linen basket goes in the bin
he takes out the bag of money, and deposits the rest into a litter bin.   
Eileen puts the kettle on
At Penrhewl, Eileen turns on the kettle, and Jim informs her he has arranged for the rep from the CCTV company to come over next week.   
"Sorry for the way I spoke to you"
She is sorry for the way she spoke to him this morning, 
She breaks down in tears
and dissolves into tears;  Jim tries to comfort her, 
"I had such a fright, Jim!"
but she says, “I had such a fright, Jim!   Someone could have abducted Huwi, just like at Christmas time – it could happen again.”   He assures her that it is not going to happen again, he will make sure that.
Angela materialises from behind a tree
Ed looks around in the park, and then Angela appears from behind a tree;  
"Just be satisfied with what you've got!"
“I’m still short of the £10,000 – just be satisfied with what you’ve got!” he snarls.   She informs him that the recording will not disappear in that case.
"I had to sell Kelly's rings!"
“You’ve had over £8,000 – I had to sell Kelly’s rings!” he protests, “That’s how desperate I am to get you all of it!”   
Now she instructs him that next week he will give her the rest;  
"I'm glad we understand each other"
“Good – I’m glad we understand each other,” she smiles, 
"Promise to get rid of the recording!"
but as soon as he demands that she promise to get rid of the recording, 
She just grins at him
she walks away again, without a word.