18 April 2019

"Why don't you come with me?"
At Y Felin, Anita is off to work, and invites Siôn to come with her;  “We’ve got a Welsh Tapas night and we’re not full.”   
But Siôn is still sulking
He is still sulking over the fact he did not get the job, and refuses her offer.   Then there is a knock at the door, 
Iolo has arrived
and Siôn is not at all happy to hear the voice of Iolo, who is carrying Greta.
Siôn tries to ignore them and watches the television;  
"As you can see, your father's very busy:
“As you can see, your father’s very busy,” remarks Anita, and she turns off the television.   
"Just say if it isn't convenient"
“I know we’ve discussed babysitting rules, but is there any way you can look after Greta tonight?” Iolo asks, “We were let down at the last minute – just say if it isn’t convenient.”   
"It is not convenient!"
Siôn takes great delight in telling him that it is not convenient, so Iolo leaves.
"What was that all about, Siôn?"
“What was that all about?” demands Anita, and he replies that they do not deserve his help.   
"I'm not surprised it was Iolo who brought Greta over!"
Siôn is not surprised that it was Iolo who brought Greta over, and not Tyler.   “For heaven’s sake, Tyler wasn’t the only one on that panel,” Anita grumbles, “I don’t want to talk about it any more – that’s all I’ve done for two days!   
Siôn has no intention of moving on
“Please, Siôn, move on – everyone else has.” 
"I don't care what you say, I'm not selling!"
Hywel is talking to Griffiths in the Deri;  “I don’t care what you say, I’m not selling!” Hywel insists, 
"You'll need a significant budget to run it"
but it is impressed upon him that he will need a significant budget to run Pwll Bach, which he does not have.   Hywel points out that the finance is his business.
“You know I thrive on these projects – unpopular projects,” says Griffiths, but Hywel’s mind is made up;  he gets up and walks away.
"Another pint, or a bag of chips?"
At the bar, Gerwyn finds that the limited money in his pocket will only stretch to another pint or a bag of chips.   
"Do you have any spare tables at Tapas?"
Siôn comes in and asks Jaclyn whether she has any spare tables tonight at Tapas;  “Could you keep one for me in about an hour?   But don’t tell Anita – it’s a surprise – I’ve been rather a pain the last few days.”
"Garry doesn't pay enough for fine dining!"
Then he asks Gerwyn to join him, but is told that Garry does not pay enough for fine dining. 
"That's all right – I'll pay!"
Siôn insists that he will pay, and could do with some company.   
"See you later, Ger"
Jaclyn goes to start work, and Siôn orders a bottle of wine and two glasses.
"There are long periods that I don't remember"
Jason has paid a visit to Ffion for some advice;  “There are long periods of my life that I don’t remember,” she tells him, 
"Did you realise you had a problem?"
and he wonders whether she realised she had a problem, or did someone have to tell her.
“I knew I had a problem – but I denied it for ages,” she replies, “It was obvious to everyone else.   
"Do I know this friend you're worried about?"
“Do I know this friend that you’re worried about?”   He does not answer, but asks whether she thinks she will drink again, and she hopes not, pointing out that she must concentrate on one day at a time.
"Do you think you'll be tempted?"
“Do you think you’ll be tempted?” he asks, and she says that she is safe for today, 
"Does your friend live in the village?"
then enquires if his friend lives in village.  
"It's me – I'm the addict!"
 “It’s me,” Jason confesses, “I’m the addict.”
Debbie and Mark are also at Tapas
Mark and Debbie are at Tapas and Jaclyn brings them some nibbles while they are deciding what to order;  
"This takes me straight back to Torremolinos!"
Debbie says, “I love these – wow, that takes me straight back to Torremolinos!”   
Jaclyn and Anita look rather amused as Debbie goes on, “I used to live in Spain – Sangria, a whiff of suncream, and it will be just like being there – gracias, señora.”
Then she looks at one of the other items, 
"It couldn't be more Spanish!"
and describes it to the diners at the next table, “Papas con Tocino – they’re unique to Andalucia.   They’re the exact Tapas I would order when I went out!   There’s no mistaking that taste – it couldn’t be more Spanish!”
"There's nothing there from Spain – sorry señora!"
At this point, Anita explains that tonight is Welsh Tapas Night, and Jaclyn lists the Carmarthenshire meat, cockles and Caerphilly cheese;  “There’s nothing there from Spain – sorry, señora.”   
Debbie feels completely humiliated
Debbie feels completely humiliated, and no amount of protests from Anita will persuade her to stay;  “Stuff your Welsh Tapas!” she snarls, then addresses the people at the next table, 
"The entertainment's over!"
“Sorry to disappoint you, but the entertainment’s over!” as she leaves, followed by Mark.
"Gwawr sounds lovely"
Iolo has been on the phone, and has found someone to babysit for them;  “There was an advert in Cwm Ni – don’t worry, she sounds lovely – Gwawr.   She’s registered and reference checked – she will bring the documents over.”   
"But Greta doesn't know her"
Tyler emphasises that Greta does not know her, 
"If you're not happy, we'll stay in"
but is reassured, “If you’re not happy after we’ve met her, fine – we’ll stay in.”
"I promised to take you out for a meal"
Tyler is still looking doubtful, so Iolo tells him, “Look, you’ve had a hard week, and I promised to take you out for a meal – that’s what I want to do – 
"We'll only be a couple of hours"
“we’ll only be a couple of hours.”   Tyler finally agrees.
"Only the family, and a couple of other people"
Ffion enquires, “How many people know?” and Jason says that it is only the family, and a couple of people in the village.   
"I was going to GA for Sara to start with"
He does not know whether GA is working for him or not;  he was going for Sara, to start with, but now is scared of not going.
"A man said he stopped gambling, but is now an alcoholic!"
He is afraid that Sara would not understand;  “A man was talking this week, saying he’d stopped gambling, but now he’s an alcoholic!”   
"Yes – swapping dependencies"
Ffion is familiar with this, swapping dependencies, and Jason is scared that this will happen to him.   He wonders how Ffion copes with it.
"Some days are better than others"
“Some days are better than others, but if I feel vulnerable, I’m on the phone to my sponsor straightaway,” she informs him, 
"After everything you've been through!"
but he regards her as being a very strong person, after everything she has been through – Sheryl, Gethin – he cannot understand how she did not start drinking during that time.
"I was within a hair's breadth one night"
“Between you and me,” she confides, “I was within a hair’s breadth one night – I had a bottle in my hand, 
"Then Arwen walked in and sat next to me"
“but then Arwen walked in and sat next to me – and I was back!   You have a wife and son who love you very much – use that to keep yourself clear.”   
"You must have some faith in yourself"
He is doubtful whether that is enough, but she urges him to have some faith in himself;  he is of the opinion that is long gone, but Ffion tells him it is time that they went to see Sara;  
"Sara and Ifan are waiting for you"
“We can talk again, but Sara and Ifan are waiting for you – if you want to get better, you’ll have to stop letting down the two most important people in your life.”
Hywel is still unwilling to talk
Griffiths leaves the Deri, but tells Hywel, “There’s more I want to discuss!”   Hywel seems unwilling to talk to him any more.   
"We've been waiting half an hour!"
Then Jason comes in, with Ffion, and is taken to task by Sara;  “Where have you been?   We’ve been waiting for half an hour!”   
"You've told her, haven't you?"
Seeing Ffion, she adds,  “You’ve told her, haven’t you?”   
"I'll do everything I can to help"
Ffion assures Sara that she will do everything she can to help;  “But like I said, of course you’ve got a great family!”   Jason is eager to take Ifan home, 
"Thanks, Ffion!"
and thanks Ffion for her advice.
"I'll have an apple juice"
Ffion joins Hywel at the bar, and she asks for an apple juice, but has to slip to the ladies’;  then Griffiths returns, 
"I just want to give you my offer"
pointing out that he is not going to talk about it any more, but just wants to indicate what his offer would be for Pwll Bach.   
Hywel is taken aback by the amount
When Hywel looks at the figure, he appears to be amazed.
"I've come to apologise, Anita"
Siôn has come to Tapas to apologise to Anita;  she notices that he has bought a friend with him for support, in case he is not forgiven.   
"I'm feeling a bit lost at the moment"
“I’m really sorry – I am feeling a bit lost at the moment,” he says, and she reminds him that they have each other.
Anita will bring them a bit of everything
Siôn suggests to Gerwyn that they should let Anita chose the platter for them, and she will bring them a bit of everything.   
Siôn seems happier now . . .
Gerwyn remarks that Siôn looks rather happier now, 
. . . but this is unfortunately short-lived
but when he sees Iolo and Tyler coming in, his mood deteriorates markedly.
"You look like you're on another planet, Hywel"
In the Deri, Ffion tells Hywel, “You look like you’re on another planet!”   
"I've been offered a big job"
He lies that a customer has been in touch and offered him a big job.   She advises him to take it;  
"If it makes you happy, take it"
“If it makes you happy, take it – life’s too short to worry.”   He thinks that she may be right, and is glad that she texted him last night when she needed help.
"I haven't seen anyone looking so good with a migraine!"
She in turn apologises for sending him away, but he appreciates that migraines can be nasty;  “Mind, I haven’t seen anyone looking as good as you did with a migraine!” he adds.   
Ffion thinks it an opportune moment to leave
She thinks that she had better go, and thanks him for the drink.
"You let them make a fool of me!"
Debbie is still in a foul mood;  “You let them make a fool of me – my connection with Spain is the only thing that makes me different – 
"Now they're laughing at me!"
“and now they’re laughing at me.”   He tries to convince her that it was only a bit of fun, and reminds her that she likes a laugh usually.
"I'll organise a birthday party for myself!"
She decides to prove she likes a bit of fun – she will organise a birthday party for herself;  “Don’t you want me to enjoy my birthday?”   
Mark does not know what to say
Mark does not know what to say, and she is determined that she will book one.
"Was I close, at all?"
Siôn cannot resist going over to talk to Tyler;  “Answer one question for me, if you will,” he says, “Was I close, at all?”   
"Everyone did well"
The reply is that everyone did well, and it was close.   
"I've given my life to promoting the Welsh language!"
This does not satisfy Siôn, who goes on, “I’ve given my life to promoting the Welsh language in the area!”   
"Yes, and now you have a chance to relax"
Tyler says that now he has a chance to relax, and there are a lot of things he could do.
“Like what, exactly?” demands Siôn, “Look after Greta for you?   It’s obvious what you did – you influenced the rest of the panel, so I’m available to look after Greta!”   
Neither Iolo nor Anita can stop him
Both Iolo and Anita attempt to get Siôn to stop, but with no success.
"We'll babysit when it's convenient for us!"
“After all the times we’ve looked after Greta for you – but that’s going to change,” Siôn snarls, “From now on we’re going to babysit when it’s convenient for us!”   Anita instructs him that it is enough, 
"So get used to it!"
but he insists, in a loud voice, “As Tyler said, I’ll have more time now to relax – so get used to it!”
"You can be really annoying at times!"
Tyler replies that Siôn can be really annoying at times, 
Iolo has had quite enough of this
and Iolo thinks it is time that they left;   Anita tries to dissuade them, but they are determined;  
Siôn does not want their drinks to go to waste
Siôn picks up Iolo’s and Tyler’s untouched drinks and takes them back to his table.
"We shall have to talk to Mam and Ricky"
Mark proposes that they talk about the party with Mam and Ricky, 
"No, Mark – my birthday, my decision!"
but Debbie is quite adamant that it is her birthday and her decision.   She cannot discuss the details in the morning as she is meeting a friend in Carmarthen.   
What is this secret assignation . . .
Now it is Mark’s turn to head for the toilet, and in his absence, Debbie sends a text message;  “See you in the morning – pretended that I’m meeting a friend.”
. . . which pleases Debbie?
She appears very pleased with herself.
Griffiths continues his hard-sell
Griffiths is still trying his hard-sell on Hywel;  “Another advantage of selling is that you can stay in Cwmderi – I doubt the owner would be welcomed by the villagers.   But me – I’m used to it – so tell me, Hywel, should I order champagne – or a taxi home?”   
Hywel cannot make up his mind
Hywel finds it difficult to make a decision.
"Thanks very much, Gwawr"
Gwawr the babysitter is just leaving number 7, 
They have a takeaway instead
and they are about to sit down to a takeaway meal;  
"Your father's performance was unacceptable!"
Tyler is still griping about Siôn’s performance, but Iolo says that he should have held back a bit;  
"You went in with guns blazing!"
“You went in with guns blazing!”   
Tyler replies that his father has been wanting that clash for two days, but Iolo maintains that Tyler could have been a bit more sensitive.   
"I'm not going to win here, am I?"
“I’m not going to win here, am I?   Thank you very much for your support!” Tyler growls, 
"I've lost my appetite for the second time tonight!"
“I’ve lost my appetite for the second time tonight!” and he storms off upstairs, leaving Iolo with all the food.
Gerwyn takes advantage of other customers' leftovers
Gerwyn, who is already in a state of inebriation, is going round all the empty tables, collecting up all the half-full glasses, 
"You were only defending yourself, Siôn"
and tipping them into his glass.   He tells Siôn, “You were only defending yourself – there’s no harm in that.   He looks at his wife, and goes on, in a slurred voice, “Jac’s lovely, isn’t she?   I’m so lucky!”
Siôn feeds him a delicacy
Siôn feeds him an item of food, 
"They're plastered!"
and both Anita and Jaclyn are disgusted by their behaviour, describing them as, “Plastered!”   Anita points out that Gerwyn cannot be blamed, because Siôn is paying for all that wine.
"Tapas is closing now!"
The two of them inform Siôn and Gerwyn that Tapas is now closing, but they do not have to leave;  
Siôn looks at the bill . . .
Anita hands over the bill and instructs Siôn and Gerwyn, “I want you to wash the dishes as well!   You can’t use the dishwasher!   
. . . and does not like the idea of sleeping in the spare room
“And it’s the spare room for you tonight, Siôn!”
Jaclyn informs Gerwyn, “If we had a spare room, you would be in it!”
Siôn is adamant that he was not going to let Tyler talk to him like that, but Anita still insists that they have work to do.
"No-one helps me more than you"
At Bryntirion, Sara reports that Ifan is asleep at last, and Jason apologises to her for going to see Ffion and for being late;  “No-one helps me more than you, you know that.”   
"Did Ffion help you?"
She asks if Ffion did help him, and he is not entirely sure;  “She said a few things I was afraid she would say.”
"It may be easier to hear it from someone you know"
Sara supposes that it may be easier to hear it from someone he knows, rather than from GA.   
"I'm close to finding what I need to deal with it"
“I’m close to finding out what I need to deal with the difficult days when they come,” he says, “And I’m determined to find it!”   
"I'm off to bed now"
She is confident that he will, and is now going to bed.   He will follow in a few minutes.
He looks at the glass of red wine . . .
He picks up the glass of red wine in front of him, and after thinking for a few seconds, takes it into the kitchen, 
. . . then pours it away
where he pours it down the sink.