29 March 2019

Kelly is still not feeling herself
Kelly, who is still feeling rather unwell, is working in the café when Ed says he has been clearing up in the flat, and there are a few things that can go.   
"I'm taking this rubbish out"
“I’m on my way to the bin, so do you want a look?”   
"Yeah, all right, then"
She reluctantly agrees, and sees a DVD box in the bag.
“This is one of my favourite films – Love Actually – why are you throwing it out?”
"Where were they?"
She opens the box and finds inside her two rings;  she cannot believe her eyes, and asks, “Where were they?”   
"Under the bathroom cupboard"
He tells a tale about them being under the bathroom cupboard, where they must have rolled.
Kelly kisses him
“I could swear I looked everywhere in the bathroom!” she squeals, and kisses him.
Gaynor says she is interested in buying shares . . .
Gaynor comes into the café and sees Hywel there;  she asks if he has a minute, and informs him that she would like to buy some shares in the renewable energy project.   
. . . which takes Hywel by surprise
He is rather surprised at this change of mind, but replies, “I don’t have the paperwork with me at the movement – between you and me, we haven’t formalised the process yet.   But you’re welcome to put your name down, and I’m glad we managed to convince you.”
"I might raise the matter with the school governors"
She says that she was thinking of raising the matter with the governors at school, as perhaps he can supply the school as well.   He replies that would be great, but it will take a while yet.   
Their attention is attracted by . . .
Gaynor looks at Kelly and Ed as he goes down on one knee in front of the counter 
. . . the replacement of the rings ceremony
and ceremonially replaces the rings on her finger.   
"Look, I'm officially married again!"
Kelly squeals, “Look!   I’m officially married again!   Aargh!” and hugs Ed with excitement.
Rhys diagnoses Mathew's problem . . .
Rhys is putting Mathew through some exercises which cause him some discomfort, 
. . . while Sioned records it for posterity
while Sioned is gleefully recording this on her phone.   “Right, if the pain doesn’t go away in a week, I’d go and see a physio,” Rhys advises, 
"Be more careful next time you mix cement"
“And be more careful next time you mix cement.”
"We can put that video on your website"
Sioned tells Rhys that he can put the video on his website, 
"I'll buy you a few drinks if you dont!"
but Mathew promises to buy them a few drinks if they do not put it online.   When he suggests going out tonight, 
"Yeah – let's go to Tapas!"
Sioned is very keen, but Rhys does not want to go.   “Come on, youve got no excuse – you’re single, and Tesni said you’ve ended things with Luned,” Mathew goes on.   Rhys maintains that it just did not feel right, and leaves the flat.
Mathew points out to Sioned, “He hasn’t had much luck with women since coming back,” 
"You could give Rhys a couple of tips"
and she considers that Mathew could give him a couple of tips, if he bothers to turn up tonight.
Someone is lurking and listening to the conversation
Gaynor meets Ffion in the street and remarks that it is Friday again, and almost Easter;  “Arwen’s staying with a friend tonight,” says Ffion, and she is invited to accompany Gaynor to Tapas.   
"I've got a date with the sofa!"
Lurking in the background is Rhys;  he cannot take his eyes off Ffion, who refuses Gaynor’s offer.   “I’ve got a date tonight – with the sofa!” she replies, “I’m looking forward to putting my feet up and watching a film.”   Rhys has that infatuated look on his face, and as soon as Gaynor walks away, approaches Ffion.
"So you're free tonight?"
“So you’re free tonight?” he begins, but she tells him not to push his luck;  she agrees they had some fun on Tuesday night, 
"It's not a good idea, Rhys"
but does not think it is a good idea for them to meet again, 
She looks as if she might be serious
and she, too, walks away.
Esther plays quite happily
As Esther plays with her dolls, Hywel is on the phone, arranging to meet someone at 10:00 tomorrow morning;  
"We're going away for the weekend"
Rhys returns home, and his father announces, “We’re going away for the weekend – keep it to yourself, but I’m going to visit a green energy scheme.   
Notice that Hywel has put his phone down on the table
“Esther can have an icecream, so she will be all right.”   He warns Rhys not to have any wild parties while he is away.
"Come on, Esther, off we go"
Their case is packed, and he leaves with Esther.   
Randy Rhys has an idea
He has carelessly and conveniently left his phone behind, and this plays directly into Rhys’ hands; he grabs his father’s phone and begins composing a text.
Ffion's relaxation is disturbed . . .
Ffion is relaxing on the sofa when she reads it;  
. . . by a message, ostensibly from Hywel 
“Need to discuss something important.   Can you come over ASAP?”   
"What on earth does he want?"
She looks puzzled by this.
"I'm going to tell Auntie Anita the good news"
Ed sits on the sofa in his usual depressed state when Kelly informs him, “I’m going to see Auntie Anita, to tell her good news about the rings.   
"I thought I'd stay for a while"
“Siôn is going to a meeting so I thought I’d stay for a while, if you don’t mind.   What have I done to deserve you?   I really don’t know – 
"I love you, Ed Charles!"
“I love you, Ed Charles!”
"Come over to the café"
This is the very opportunity he was waiting for;  as soon as she has gone downstairs, he phones Angela and tells her, “Come to the café as soon as you can. Half an hour – I want to end this, OK?”
"I got a message from your father . . ."
Ffion arrives at Hywel’s house, saying that she got a message from his father;  
". . . he doesn't know about us, does he?"
“He doesn’t know about us, does he?” she worries.  
"I sent the message!"
Rhys laughs, and says, “Of course he doesn’t – because I sent the message!   Dad’s gone away for the weekend, and forgot his phone.   I just wanted you to come over so we could talk – in private.   I enjoyed the other night – you don’t regret it, do you?”   
"It's too much of a risk!"
She continues to insist that it is too much of risk, 
"I really like you, Ffion!"
but in his unctuous manner, he repeats, “I really like you.”
She replies, “I mean it – I don’t want anyone to find out!” and he assures her he will not say a word.   
Off they go again
They get down to some serious kissing, and he egotistically boasts that he knew she would not be able to stay away from him.   “You think a lot of yourself, don’t you?” she protests.   It is not long until he manages to get her coat off.
Eileen is waiting for Jim to return
In Tapas, Gaynor arrives and finds that Eileen is there, waiting for Jim to return from the solicitor;  she does not know what is keeping him so long.   Gaynor is there to order a takeaway, as it is Friday.   
“Did you hear that Ed was mugged yesterday?” she asks, 
"Sounds like the person who broke into Penrhewl"
and Eileen thinks it sounds like the same person who broke into Penrhewl;  she hopes that they catch him.
"I've decided to buy shares"
“By the way, you’ll be pleased to hear I’ve decided to buy shares – I talked to Hywel this afternoon.”   
"Sorry I was so long"
Jim walks in, and is rather apologetic that he has taken so long;  he and Eileen go to their table.
"Gaynor's just put down her name to buy shares"
“You’ll never guess what Gaynor’s just told me,” she says, “She’s put her name down to buy shares in the energy company.”
"That's nothing to what I found out!"
Jim reports that it is nothing compared to what he has found out today;  “I went to the solicitor’s to find out exactly how much our share in Hywel’s scheme is worth.   Well, according to the contract, as it stands, we’re not going to make a penny out of the energy company!   Just out of the landfill.”
"But the big money is in the energy company!"
Eileen emphasises, “But the big money is in the energy company!” and she becomes very angry.
"Nain Gwalchmai can rest in peace now"
Anita is given the good news, and says that at least Nain Gwalchmai can rest in peace again now, knowing that the ring is safe on Kelly’s finger.   
"Are you all right, Kel?"
“Are you all right, Kel?   You look a bit pale,” she goes on, “But it’s no wonder – you’ve worked yourself up, especially after what happened to Ed!”
"I think it's something else . . ."
“I don’t think it’s just being worked up, Auntie Neet – Ed thinks I’ve got a virus – but I think it’s something else,” Kelly replies, 
". . . I think I'm preggers!"
“I think I’m preggers!” and her face lights up.   
"That's fantastic!"
Anita regards it as fantastic, 
"I want to do this – now!"
but Kelly goes on, “I’m not sure, so that is why I want to do this.”    She produces a pregnancy test kit, and wants to take the test, here and now.
Their activities are disturbed
Rhys and Ffion are getting heavily involved on the sofa when there is a knocking at the door, which causes Ffion some alarm, but Rhys tells her to ignore it.   
Perhaps it's Hywel!"
“Perhaps it’s Hywel,” she panics, and he tells her that she is paranoid.
However, the banging continues and Ffion suggests, “If he has forgotten his mobile, he might have forgotten his keys as well.   
Ffion retreats into the kitchen
Rhys goes to answer the door, while Ffion hides in the kitchen.
"Right then, where's your father?"
Jim rushes in, shouting, “Right, where is he?” and is told that he has taken Esther away for the weekend, and will probably be back on Sunday.   Ffion dislodges something which falls to the floor, and Jim suspects that it is Hywel.   
"He's hiding in there!"
“Your father hasn’t gone away – he’s hiding in there!” rants Jim, and Rhys has to admit that it is not his Dad in the kitchen, but a friend.
"No, Jim, that's a . . . girlfriend"
He elaborates, “A girlfriend – you interrupted us, if you understand what I mean, 
Ffion, panic-stricken – and unbuttoned 
and she had to run into the kitchen.”   
"Oh, sorry, boy – in that case, I'll go, then!"
Jim’s demeanour changes immediately, and he apologises profusely for interrupting them;  he makes a hasty exit.
This causes some amusement
Both Rhys and Ffion are very amused by this;  “I’ve never seen Jim move so fast!” he laughs, 
They resume what they were doing . . .
kisses her again, 
. . . and head upstairs
and then takes her upstairs.
"I hope nobody saw you"
The café kitchen is in darkness as Angela comes in;  Ed hopes that nobody saw her, and she remarks on the injury to his head.   
"The money's all there"
He hands over the money, assuring her that it is all there.   
Angela slowly and methodically counts it
She makes a great show of counting the money very slowly, and he repeats that he wants her to delete the recording.   
"It should be ready now"
Anita thinks that the result of the test should be available by now, and Kelly anxiously takes a deep breath and, after hesitating, looks;  
"I'm going to have a baby!"
“Pregnant!” she sobs, “Oh my God – I’m going to have a baby!”   
Anita hugs her
Anita hugs her, and she continues, “I know it’s early days – 
"I can't wait to see Ed's face!"
but I’m actually having a baby!   I can’t wait to see Ed’s face!   
"Everything's falling into place, at last!"
It’s like everything is falling into place, at last!   I’m preggers!”
Jim has now returned to Tapas
Jim has by now returned to Tapas, where Eileen has ordered on his behalf;  “I hope that has taught you not to be so impulsive!” she chides him, 
"I didn't want prawns!"
and he complains that he did not want prawns.   “If you hadn’t rushed away, I wouldn’t have had to order without you,” she points out, 
"Well, choose something else, then"
“Anyway, there’s plenty of choice – choose something else.”
"Hywel's not getting away with this!"
“I’ll tell you this much – when Hywel comes back, I’m going to give him an earful!” Jim promises, “He’s not getting away with this!”   
"We're going to make him pay through the nose!"
Eileen agrees but explains that barking at him like a wild dog is not the answer.   They are going to make him pay for this, and pay through the nose.   She has not yet worked out the details, but will think of something.
Gaynor is about to leave with her takeaway
Mathew and Sioned arrive at Tapas, where Gaynor is about to take her order home;  Mathew feels sorry for her, being on her own, and then decides he is going to try Rhys again, to get him to come out.   
"No reply!"
However, there is no reply to his call, 
"I'm going round to see him"
so he determines to go round and see Rhys, leaving Sioned to order for him.
"Come on – you've counted it twice"
In the café kitchen, Angela has counted the money twice, and Ed tells her she must delete the recording now.   “What’s the rush?   I’ve only just arrived,” she replies, 
"Did you think I would let you off so easily?"
“Ed, you didn’t really think I was going to let you get away with it that easily?   
"I want the same amount again!"
You did such a good job with that £10,000, I want the same amount again!”
"You can forget that!"
He shouts that she can forget it, and she gets out her phone to contact Kelly;  “Angela, how on earth am I going to raise another £10,000?” he demands, 
"It's impossible!"
“It’s impossible!   Please, I’m begging you!”
"It would be better if I show her the video"
She tells him it will probably be better if she shows Kelly the video;  “When are you expecting her home home?”
Ffion needs rehydrating after all that exercise
After their cavorting in the bedroom, Ffion comes downstairs for a drink of water;
The back door bursts open
suddenly, the back door, which has unfortunately not been locked, bursts open and Mathew comes in.   
"As you're ignoring me, Rhys . . ."
“As you’re ignoring me . . .” he begins, but then is shocked to see Ffion there.
“Ffion – I thought you were Rhys,” he goes on, “Well, obviously he isn’t here, 
"So you and Hywel are . . ?"
so you and Hywel – you’re . . . sorry, it’s none of my business!”   
Then Rhys comes down
At this point, Rhys, who has heard voices, comes downstairs to investigate.
“You can start by saying what the hell you’re doing here!” he rages at Mathew, “What’s wrong with you – walking into people’s houses?”   
"Someone else is 'cheering you up' then?"
Mathew maintains that he had the intention of cheering Rhys up, but now can see that it is obvious someone else had the same idea.
"Not a word to anyone, mind!"
Rhys warns him not to say a word to anyone, but Mathew asks what it is worth to keep quiet;  
"Take down that video"
“You can start by taking down that video from the website,” and Rhys appears to agree.
"What's wrong with you?"
“Please, Angela, just go,” begs Ed, “What’s wrong with you?   Why do you want me to suffer?”   
"You tried to kill me!"
Her reply is that he tried to kill her, and he says he is sorry he pushed her;  he lost control and it was an accident.   
"£10,000 is enough to start a new life!"
“But £10,000 is enough to start a new life somewhere!”
"You all just want to get rid of me!"
“You’re all the same,” she snarls, “You, Mam, Jim, Hywel – you just want to get rid of me!   I’m not going anywhere this time – I’m going to destroy your marriage to Kelly – and there’s nothing you can do about it!”
Ed pins her against the wall . . .
He lunges forward and pins her against the wall, 
. . . and stamps on her phone
making sure to stamp on her phone in the process.   
Kelly comes in, with her good news . . .
At that moment Kelly is just letting herself into the café, and shouts for Ed;  
. . . and hears noises from the kitchen
hearing sounds of the struggle in the kitchen, she goes in there, 
Angela pushes Ed away . . .
just as Angela manages to push Ed away.   He falls, hitting his head on something, and as Kelly goes to him, 
. . . and he sustains a head injury
finding blood pouring from his head, 
Angela retrieves her phone
Angela makes her escape, remembering to take both the phone and the money with her.
Kelly is inconsolable