19 April 2019

"You should have woken me, Diane"
Sara has overslept, and when she gets up, Diane is looking after Ifan;  
"Where is everyone?"
“It gives me a chance to spend some time with him,” she says, “Dai has gone to the shop, and Jason went for a walk – he said he had things on his mind, but he looked pretty happy.”   
Sara appears suspicious, as Diane asks how their evening in the Deri went;  
"He went to see Ffion on the way"
“Didn’t he tell you?   He went to see Ffion on the way, and they had a long chat about everything,” moans Sara.   
"Oh, I had not thought of Ffion"
Diane confesses, “I had not thought of Ffion,” and she wonders if Ffion helped Jason.   
"Well, I've been unable to help him"
“I have no idea – but I have been unable to help him – so if Ffion can’t, I don’t know who can,” Sara sighs, “I don’t have any choice, do I?”
Jason opens the door of the chapel . . .
Jason pushes open the door of Bethania 
. . . and goes inside . . .
and goes inside, 
. . . watched by Dai
watched by Dai, who is at the corner of the street.
Aaron brings his mother's tablets
Aaron enters his mother’s bedroom and wishes her good morning;  he opens the curtains, and brings her tablets and a glass of water.   
"What day is it?"
She wonders what day it is, and is told it is Friday;  “Have people being asking about me?   Garry and Dani?” she says, 
"Nobody is any the wiser"
but he reassures her that they are none the wiser that she is there.   
“Where would I be without you?” she tells him, 
"You look a lot better today"
and he replies that she looks a lot better today;  she agrees that she feels a bit better, 
"I want to stop taking the tablets for a while"
and then suggests that she goes without her tablets for a while.   
"No, Mam, you've got to take them"
He is very much against this idea, but she wants to give it a try;  “You’ve seen how ill I’ve been – 
"They might not be good for me"
“they might not be good for me – it’s worth trying, don’t you think, for both our sakes?”   
She hands back the tablets
He finally agrees, and takes the tablets away.
Cassie comes in to see Griffiths
Cassie comes into the café, where Griffiths wants to see her;  “I’ll get straight to the point,” he begins, 
"I'm the new owner of Pwll Bach, since last night"
“I’m the new owner of Pwll Bach – since last night, and I want help, running the business.”   
Kath is listening to this with interest
They have, rather unadvisedly, conducted this conversation within earshot of Kath Jones, who seems to be taking an interest.
"Business would benefit in the area"
Griffiths goes on, “It’s the renewable energy business – I’m sure it would put Cwmderi on the map, and business would benefit in the area.”   
"You mean you would benefit!"
Cassie can see through his argument, and knows that he means that it would benefit him, but he soldiers on, “I’m after someone who understands business – and understands me.   The pay will be more than fair – 
"We were a successful team once"
“we were a successful team once, and I’m sure we can be again!   I’m not expecting an answer today – think about it – you won’t regret it.”
"So he's the new owner of Pwll Bach then"
When he has left the café, Kath remarks, “So Griffiths is the new owner of Pwll Bach, then,” and Cassie is sure that she must have enjoyed their private conversation.   
"Be careful – he can't be trusted!"
“Be careful, Cassie – he can’t be trusted!” is Kath’s warning.”
Things are ready for Easter at Bethania
Inside Bethania, alongside the decorations prepared for Easter, 
"Our Father, who art in heaven . . ."
Jason sits, reciting the Lord’s Prayer; 
 “Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.   
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.   
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses. . .”
He hears someone coming
At this point, the door quietly opens and Dai comes in;  the door slams behind him, but Jason continues, 
“. . . as we forgive those who trespass against us.   
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.   
Jason looks up for divine assistance
For Thine is the power and the glory, for ever and ever.”
"Amen!"
He hears the voice of Dai behind him pronounce the word, “Amen!   I saw you come in,” 
"I didn't come here lightly, Dai"
and Jason points out that he did not come there lightly.   
"I know exactly why you're here"
Dai knows exactly why he is there.
Britt is dressed and talking to Dani on the phone
Britt is out of bed and has got dressed;  she speaks to Dani on the phone, “Yes, we love pork – I’m just trying on some clothes for when we come over tonight.   We’ll see you later.”
"I've never seen so many Easter eggs"
Diane says that she has never seen so many Easter eggs, and Sara replies that everyone loves Ifan;  Diane will keep an eye on him, if she wants to go in the shower.   
"Behave for Gran"
“Behave for Gran,” Sara tells him, and as she is about to go upstairs, 
"Oh, I like that hymn!"
hears a hymn which is being played on the radio, sung to the tune ‘Rhys [composed by W J Evans, 1866–1947]
“I like this hymn,” Sara says, her mother-in-law agrees with her;  
"Will you come to the chapel with me on Sunday?"
“Will you come to the chapel with me on Sunday?   It would mean a lot to me.”   
"Yes, if that's what you want"
Diane replies that if it is what she wants, that is what they will do.   “I need things sometimes, too,” Sara sighs.
Megan arrives with some flowers
Jason and Dai are still inside the chapel when Megan arrives with some flowers;  
Dai comes up with a fantasy about dry rot
Dai gives the excuse that one of the deacons said there might be dry rot, but Jason stops him.
"I need help – guidance – something"
“It’s fine, Dai – you don’t have to.   We’re here, Megan, because I need help – guidance – something, I don’t know.”   
"You're always welcome here, Jason"
Megan replies that he is always welcome there, but he goes on, “I need help because I’m an addict – 
"I've lost everything through gambling"
“I’ve lost everything I have through gambling, and a lot of people – people with problems like me – want help from something that’s bigger than us.”
"Have you found comfort here?"
She asks if he has found comfort in the chapel, but he admits that he has not;  “The Lord didn’t jump into my life, you know,” she explains, 
"We established some kind of relationship"
“We established some sort of relationship.”   
"Thanks, Megan, I'll keep it in mind"
Jason will keep that in mind, and she adds, “Even if nothing happens to you here today, in Bethania, we don’t judge people.”   
Dai's opinion of Bethania differs from this
Dai looks rather askance when he hears this.
"Sorry, Megan, that's all I have"
Jason gives Megan some money to put in the collection, and walks towards the door;
"I'd be grateful if you kept it to yourself"
Dai also donates some money, but asks Megan, “Everything you’ve just heard – I’d be grateful if you kept it to yourself, OK?”   She thanks him for his contribution.
"They sound as if they're enjoying themselves"
The atmosphere in the Deri is quite rowdy, as the Gin Club gets under way;  Izzy remarks to Gwyneth that they sound as if they are enjoying themselves.   Gwyneth is glad that she is too young to join them.   
"Bottle of lager, please"
Izzy orders a bottle of lager from Cassie, and Gwyneth congratulates her on the new job;  
"If you're anything like your mother, you'll be fine!"
“If you’re anything like your mother, you’ll be fine!”
"You can join the Gin Club – but only for one night"
Gaynor comes over to tell Izzy, “To celebrate the new job, you can join the Gin Club – but only for tonight.”   
It is a story-telling session
They all offer their congratulations, and are in the middle of telling stories;  
The thought of Colin buying handcuffs amuses them
Gaynor resumes, “Colin had been to the centre of Cardiff to buy handcuffs – and he had forgotten that I had to leave early – he thought I was in the bathroom.   He handcuffed himself to the headboard – and housekeeping found him about noon the next day!”   
Izzy does not take kindly to their jokes about her father
Izzy appears very uncomfortable, listening to this talk about her father.
"How are you, Britt?"
Upstairs in the Deri flat, Britt and Aaron are having dinner with Garry and Dani; Britt says that the food is lovely, but she is feeling rather tired.   
"Not surprising after cleaning the chip shop and the flat"
Aaron interrupts, “That’s not surprising after cleaning the chip shop and the flat.” Garry recalls that she has been doing a lot of shopping as well, 
"I'd rather go to the dentist  than shopping!"
and maintains that he would rather go to dentist than go shopping.
Britt hears the sounds of merriment downstairs
The sound of laughter from downstairs disturbs Britt, 
"When was it I went shopping?"
and she asks Aaron when it was she went shopping;  when prompted, she says that she remembers that it was Wednesday.   
"Yes, I bought you that shirt"
“Of course – I bought you that shirt!” she says to him, 
Dani knows that she did not
but Garry and Dani know very well that she did not.
Aaron tries to explain that his mother bought one almost exactly the same when she went shopping, 
Even Garry shows signs of suspicion
but Garry is becoming very suspicious.
"The soaps and things in the en-suite were lovely!"
Downstairs, Diane is now telling a story of the time when she was in a beautiful hotel;  “The soaps and things in the en-suite were lovely!”   
"We don't want to hear about soaps!"
Kath stops her there, emphasising they do not want to hear about soaps, and calling it a pointless story if they do not know who she is on about.
"Let's have the embarrassing moment with a bloke!"
Brenda would rather hear about an embarrassing moment with a bloke, but Diane is very reluctant to name names.   
"Councillor Griffiths was folding his clothes . . ."
Eventually, under questioning, she admits, “We all make mistakes – but when I came out of the en-suite, Councillor Griffiths had folded his shirt and his trousers – and his string vest.   
". . . and his socks . . ."
“And he was folding his socks!   If I hadn’t told him to stop – because the moment had well and truly passed by then – 
". . . he would have folded his y-fronts!"
“he would have folded his y-fronts!”
They find this image quite hilarious
As the Gin Club erupts into laughter, who should be approaching but the aforementioned Ieuan Griffiths, 
"Cassie – can I have a word, please?"
who says he would like another word with Cassie.
Britt wants to clear up after the meal
Upstairs, Britt volunteers to clear up, but Dani insists that she will do it;  again the peals of laughter can be heard from downstairs.   Garry asks if she has heard from Catrin or Chester, 
"No, I haven't heard from them"
and Britt says she has not.   
"That's good – it shows they are busy"
Aaron once more interrupts to say, “That’s probably a good thing – it shows they are busy.   I’m sure they will get in touch when they can.”   
Garry predicts that Chester will be jealous of his shirt;  “It’s a shame that you were too ill to play,” he adds, 
"Have you been ill?"
and this comes as a surprise to Britt, so Aaron apologises for not telling her.   
"You worry too much about me as it is"
“You worry too much about me as it is,” he says.   
"The fun is downstairs, and that's where I'm going!"
When more laughter can be heard, Britt decides that is where the fun is, and wants to join them.   They all plead with her to stay, but her mind is made up and she heads downstairs;  
"I'll go and keep an eye on her"
Garry will go and keep an eye on her.
"If you want to make some dodgy deals, forget it!"
Cassie is addressing Griffiths, “If you’re looking for a face local people will know or trust, so that you can make some dodgy deals, forget it!”   
"Those days are behind me now!"
He replies that she must understand that those days are behind him now.   
Furthermore, she warns him, “I’m not going to hide any misdemeanours, either, or put my name on any paperwork on your behalf.”   
Griffiths will fit in with her demands
He is quite prepared to accommodate her demands, and she promises to think about it.
"Reg went to bed not feeling well . . ."
Gaynor is enquiring from Megan whether Reg sleepwalked often;  Megan recalls, “There were two occasions, if I remember correctly – there was a Saturday night, and he went to bed not feeling well.   
". . . then he sleepwalked down to serve behind the bar . . ."
“Then he sleepwalked downstairs to serve behind the bar.”   Kath comments that there is nothing embarrassing about that, 
". . . wearing my negligée – and nothing else!"
but Megan points out, “He was wearing a negligée I’d bought in Paris – and nothing else!”
Britt joins the ladies of the Gin Club . . .
Britt joins the party, with Aaron keeping a careful eye on her from a distance;  she wishes them all a happy Easter, and asks if she can join them.   
. . . then fetches a glass from the bar
She goes over to the bar and gets a glass from Cassie.   
Aaron gives up and retreats homewards . . .
Aaron then gives up and goes home, 
. . . but Garry is watching
but Garry is keeping watch from the shadows at the bottom of the stairs.
"I'm surprised you went to Bethania"
Sara is surprised that Jason was at Bethania, and he admits, “One second I was standing outside, and the next . . .”   She wonders if he found what he wanted, and he replies that there was nothing there for him.   
"Right, I'm going to the Deri"
Dai decides to leave them to have a chat, and will go to the Deri for a pint.
Dai learns he dropped his wallet earlier
“Hang on, Dai,” says Jason, “You dropped your wallet earlier – I haven’t touched it – check it – it’s all there.”   Dai comments that someone up there is looking after them.
"Will you come to the service on Sunday?"
“Will you come with me to the service on Sunday anyway?” Sara asks Jason, 
"There's no point – there's nothing for me there"
but he replies that there is nothing there for him, so there is no point.   
"Because I want to go, Jason!"
“Because I want to go, Jason!” she rages, “Everyone does so much for you – they worry about you, run around for you – 
"You're not the only one who thinks their life is falling apart!"
“but you’re not the only one who thinks their life is falling apart!   There is no point talking – go to Ffion for that!   I couldn’t feel any more worthless!”
Jason apologises to her
“If that is how I’ve made you feel, then I’m ashamed,” he replies, “That was not my intention at all.   
"Sara, please!"
“Sara, please – without your support, your love, I have nothing!”   
Sara rushes upstairs
However, she rushes upstairs.
Aaron does not know what to do
At the chip shop flat, Aaron is at a loss to know what he can do, but at that moment, his mother returns;  
"I'm glad you're still up"
“I’m glad you’re still up,” she says, 
"I'd like you to take your tablets"
and he stresses that he would like her to take the tablets before he goes to bed.   She is quite a determined not to take them, but when he heads for his bedroom, 
"I came home to sped time with you"
she insists, “I came home to spend time with you.”
He is unconvinced, and tells her he cannot do this any more;  
"I'm going to slip up – and we'll get caught!"
“I don’t like lying to everyone – I’m going to slip up, and we’ll get caught!   And then Social Services will take me away!”
"That won't happen, love"
Britt maintains that it will not happen, 
"It will – any day now!"
but he shouts, “Yes, it will – any day now!”   
"I'm going to get better!"
She informs him that she is going to get better – she promises that no-one will find out, and as he goes to bed, 
"Things will be better in the morning"
she assures him that things will be better in the morning.   She is in tears, and seems to be trying to control a fit of temper.