3 April 2019 (2nd)

Garry publicises the 'Happy Hour'
Garry is publicising the ‘Happy Hour’ between 7:00pm and 9:00pm, by means of a chalked notice outside the Deri, when he notices Cassie approaching.   
Cassie is back for a holiday in Cwmderi
“It was strange in Spain without Jean, so I’m having a holiday in Cwmderi before going to Blackpool,” she tells him.
"The Deri could do with a refurb"
He groans that the Deri could do with a refurb, and invites her in for a coffee;  
Dani is pleased to see Cassie
Dani comes out and welcomes Cassie, then tells Garry that Britt needs him.
"You should have heard him snoring – like a pig!"
By the shop, Mathew is complaining to Tesni about DJ;  “Honestly, you should have heard him snoring – he was like a pig!   I don’t know what came over me, thinking he’d be better off in the attic.   He won’t be there tonight!”
Here comes trouble . . .
Tesni’s parents are coming along at that moment, as Matthew proposes that she can stay at the flat again this weekend.   
"You two and Guto were in the Deri last night!"
Gerwyn starts off, “What’s this I hear about you two and Guto in the Deri last night?   Tesni has a busy year at school – and you should respect that!”   Mathew says he will see her later and leaves them.
"What's wrong with you?"
“What’s wrong with you?” asks Tesni, and she also walks away, as her father shouts after her that not going to a pub on a school night is not hard to understand.   
"She only had a lemonade, Ger"
Jaclyn points out that she had only had a lemonade, but he is in no way placated.
"I want to be in my own home!"
Up in the Deri flat, Britt insists that she wants to be in her own home;  “There’s nothing odd about that, is there?” she demands, 
"But are you ready yet, Britt?"
but Garry wonders if she is ready for such a move, although acknowledging that she is better than she was last week, but it is still too early.
"I know you want to carry on as normal"
Dani knows that she wants to carry on as normal, but it is nice that she is there with them while she recovers.   
"Come on, Gar, give me a chance"
Britt answers, “Come on Gar, give me a chance – all I want to do is be under my own roof.   I’m taking the tablets, aren’t I?   Do you want me to get down on my knees and beg?”
"All right – but there are conditions"
Garry finally agrees, much to Dani’s disapproval, but points out that there are conditions;  “You have to stick to doing fewer hours in the chip shop, and I want you to accept some money from me while Colin’s away.”
Britt says that she can handle that, but then there is another condition;  
"You have to come here for dinner every week"
“That you both have to come over here every week to have dinner with us, so that we can catch up properly.   Wait until Aaron’s home from school before you go to the flat – I want a chat with him to make sure he understands what’s going on.”
"Yeah, all right – deal!"
Britt is happy about this, but Dani is definitely not in favour of the arrangement.
DJ climbs down the ladder from the loft
DJ climbs down the ladder from the attic into Mathew’s bedroom;  Sioned happens to be passing the door, and demands, “What on earth are you doing?   
"You slept up there, with all the dust and boxes?"
“You slept up there, with all the dust and boxes?”   He replies that there is plenty of room for the air bed, and it is better than sleeping on the sofa.
"Mam would blow a fuse if she found out!"
“Mam would blow a fuse if she found out!” Sioned warns him, and when Mathew returns, 
"Sticking him up there, like an old Christmas tree!"
she asks angrily, “What are you doing, sticking DJ up there, like an old Christmas tree?   He’s not staying up there again!”
DJ reminds her that ‘he’ is standing right by her, 
"He'll have to live somewhere else, then"
and Mathew points out that he will have to live somewhere else, in that case.   This does not please DJ.
Dani is chatting with Cassie
In the Deri, Dani is chatting to Cassie, who says it is nice to be back;  “Is everything all right with Britt?” she asks, and Dani points out that she is ill, with depression, so they have been staying at the Deri.   
"Yes, I heard about Colin"
Cassie can understand it must be very difficult for her on her own, having heard about Colin.
"But now Garry's decided it's OK for her to go home!"
“But now Garry’s decided it’s OK for her to go home!” Dani continues, and is told that men don’t think, although it must be hard for Garry too, knowing what’s for the best – but he should have discussed it with her first.
"I'll keep an eye on this place"
Cassie advises, “Look, go and have a cup of tea with him – I’ll keep an eye on this place – I’ve got nothing else to do.   
"Are you sure?"
“I shall manage – if I can’t find something, I’ll ask one of the locals.”   Just then, Garry appears at the bottom of the stairs.
"I know I went over the top!"
In the garage, Jaclyn arrives, and Gerwyn knows why she is there;  “I know I went over the top!” he admits.   
"I thought you were all right with Mathew"
She thought he was OK with Matthew now, but he argues, “It doesn’t make it right that they go to a pub on a school night – 
"What if he finished with her just before the exams?"
“Mathew is a nice lad, but things could still go wrong.   What if he finished with her just before the exams?   She would be in a terrible place, then.”
"But you're making things worse, Ger"
Jaclyn understands that he is worried, but suggests that being strict with her is not helping;  “If anything, I think it’s making things worse.   Tes could rebel against us – you know that, because you’re both so similar.   
He does not appreciate hearing the truth
“You have to try and keep those overreactions under control – you don’t want to be off with stress again.   
"I need you to be all right"
“I love you – but I need you to be all right.”
"The tablets haven't kicked in yet"
In the café, Dani tells Garry, “The tablets haven’t kicked in yet – she might become ill again – it’s true, you said it yourself.   You should never have said it’s OK for them to leave without talking to me.”   
"You wanted her to carry on as normal"
He replies that Dani wanted her to carry on as normal and go back to work, but she protests, “This is different – it will be difficult to keep an eye on things – “you should have asked for my opinion.”
“What is this now – Britt, or the fact you’re angry with me?” Garry demands, but she tells him not to try to wangle himself out of it.   He concedes that he should have spoken to her first.
"We don't know if she'll be all right in the flat"
She is not happy because she does not know if they will be OK in that flat;  “Aaron’s been through so much with this Neville business!”   
"Wrapping her in cotton wool won't help"
Garry argues that Aaron is fine, and it is important to give Britt a chance to prove herself – wrapping her in cotton wool will not help.
"You moved out over a yoghurt?"
At the bar, Sioned is incredulous that DJ moved out over a yoghurt, but he points out it was not just that – he wants to be more independent;  however there is nothing suitable available.   
"Please, Sioned, let me stay another couple of nights"
He pleads to be allowed to stay in the attic for a couple more nights; “Please, Sioned, I’ll do anything, and your Mam won’t find out,” he says, “Mind you, I don’t know about Mathew – he hasn’t said anything, but I know that I snore.”
"If you were a touch lighter, you might snore less"
“Don’t take this the wrong way, but if you were a touch lighter, you might snore less,” Sioned suggests, 
"I could help you"
“You look lovely, but for health reasons – I could help you.   
"Half of lemonade never hurt anyone!"
When he orders half of lemonade from Cassie, who is still behind the bar, Sioned points out that it is full of sugar.
"I'm going to offer her a couple of shifts"
Garry and Dani have come back from the café, and Danny remarks that Cassie is a natural;  “I’m going to offer her a couple of shifts!”   
"Shouldn't you discuss it with me first?"
Garry reminds her that she has not discussed it with him first.
They look really delicious . . .
Tesni’s mother has been making cakes, 
. . . and the cake mixture tastes good, too
and Mathew scrapes out the bowl, remarking that her father was in a terrible mood earlier.   
"Dad's embarrassing sometimes"
“He’s embarrassing sometimes – but he does like you,” Tesni assures him, as Mathew helps himself to a cake, and offers it to her.
"No, Math, I don't like rich things!"
“No, Math, I don’t like rich things!” she squeals, and he asks if everything is all right between her and Guto, 
"You seemed rather awkward with Guto last night"
as they seemed rather awkward in the Deri last night.   She replies that he is just annoying sometimes.
Gerwyn starts sounding off again
Then her parents return home, and Gerwyn immediately says, “I thought you had homework to do.”   Tesni tells him that he knew they were going to meet tonight, 
"Lovely cakes, Mrs Parry!"
and Mathew compliments Jaclyn on her cakes.   Gerwyn cannot manage to stay quiet, but explains, I  meant you could meet Mathew after you had finished your work!
"I'll text you later, OK?"
Mathew thinks it is advisable for him to leave now, and will text Tesni about the weekend.   As soon as he is out of the door, 
"Never do that again – or I will move out!"
Tesni demands, “Never do that to me again – or I will move out!” then rushes upstairs.   
"You're going to make yourself ill!"
Jaclyn reminds him of what she said earlier – that if he carries on like this, he is going to make himself ill.
Sioned supervises DJ's exercises
Sioned is putting DJ through his paces, making him squat down, hips back, and then slowly rise up;  he is not confident that this will work, 
"Haven't you got something better to do?"
and asks whether she has something better to do.   “I can’t work since the accident, so I’ve got a lot of spare time – and I want to help you,” she insists, 
She sets him a target of five more squats
“Right, come on, I want another five squats!”
"Get out of my bedroom!"
Mathew demands that they get out of his bedroom;  “What’s wrong with the living room?”   
"DJ is going to stay in the attic!"
Sioned points out to him that DJ is staying in the attic, and it will mean a cut in Mathew’s rent.  
"And what about the snoring?"
“And what about the snoring?   I won’t sleep a wink,” Mathew complains.
Sioned explains that they are working on that, so DJ will lose some weight, an idea which Mathew finds quite amusing;  she describes it as, “A lifestyle overhaul – you’ll see – in a couple of weeks he’ll be like a new man!   
"Put a sock in it, can't you?"
“And in the meantime, get yourself some earplugs – and put a sock in it!”
"Can't we stay here until next week?"
Aaron is very reluctant to go back to the flat, asking, “Can’t we stay here until next week?” but his mother tells him it is time to go home.   
"Don't you want to cwtch up with Mam on the sofa?"
“Dani and Garry have been very kind to us, but don’t you want to cwtch up with Mam on our sofa, and watch what we want to watch on the telly?” Britt enquires.
"But I like it here, Mam"
Aaron replies that he likes it here, but Britt’s mind is made up;  “We’re going home tonight, and that’s the end of it.”
"You can always pop in after school"
Garry says that he can always pop in after school, and even help behind the bar if he wants;  “And you’re coming here every week for dinner, aren’t you?”   
"Right, I'm going to finish packing"
Britt goes to finish the packing.
"You're the man of the house now"
“I know it’s difficult for you, but you are the man of the house now,” Garry reassures Aaron, “I can text you every morning and night, to see how things are going.   
"Everything will return to normal"
“Everything will return to normal – you’ll see.”   
Aaron is by no means convinced
Aaron does not appear to be at all confident that this will be the case.
They apologise to each other
Jaclyn apologises to Gerwyn about earlier, and he is also sorry, but insists, “She has to work, Jac, it’s an important year.”   She reminds him that work comes easily to Tesni.
"Tes isn't the problem"
“Can we discuss things honestly, Ger?” she goes on, “Tes isn’t the problem – 
"You need to see a counsellor"
“but this worrying has to stop.   It’s not good for Tes, or anyone else in the family. I think you need to see someone – a counsellor – about what happened.”   
He is very insistent that it has nothing to do with this, 
"You're far too protective of the girl"
but she emphasises, “It’s obvious it’s still having an effect on you – you’re far too protective of the girl.”   
"Leave me alone, Jac . . ."
He angrily demands to be left alone, 
". . . you don't know when to stop!"
and remarks that she does not know when to stop, almost reducing Jaclyn to tears.
"Come on, Aaron, we're ready to go"
Britt is all ready to return to her flat, and urges Aaron to stick his books into any bag.   
"The police might come and take me away"
He informs her, “If we go home, the police might come and just take me away – because you’re ill!”   
"You're safe with me, Aaron"
Once again she assures him that he is safe with her, but he shakes his head.   
"They might take me to a children's home"
“They might force me – and take me to a children’s home!”
“For some children, that’s the best place for them,” she replies, 
"The best place for you is with me"
“But the best place for you is with me – and everyone knows that.   We’re going to have a great time at home, I’m telling you, and I’m going to spoil you rotten!   You’ll see!”
"Don't tell Sioned – my life coach!"
Cassie serves DJ with his drink, but he warns her not to tell Sioned, his life coach;  
"You look perfectly acceptable as you are"
“If I may say so, you look perfectly acceptable as you are!” she comments.   Dani is amused to see her flirting with the customers, 
"I'll give you flirting lessons, if you want"
and Cassie says, “I’ll give you lessons if you want, to keep the punters happy.”
"I hear you run a gin bar in Blackpool"
“Garry said that you run a gin bar in Blackpool,” Dani remarks, 
"Yes, every Wednesday night"
and is told that it was every Wednesday night, and was called ‘Your Mother’s Ruined’, a reference which is lost on Dani.
"How about one, tomorrow night?"
She thinks that Cassie should do a gin night at the Deri, and suggests tomorrow night.   “It’s an evening for middle-aged women – that’s what works in Blackpool anyway – it keeps it exclusive,” Cassie explains, “We could do it as a tribute to Jean – 
"I'll call it 'Make it a Large One'!"
“I know what to call it already – ‘Make it a Large One’!”
"Hey, there's loads in here!"
Britt drags her heavy case up the stairs to the chippy flat.   Aaron will put on the heating, and then discovers that Garry has filled the fridge;  “Hey, there’s loads here,” but Britt wants to have chips to celebrate, as she told him she was going to spoil him.
Aaron will go downstairs for some chips
“You go and get them, and I’ll sort things out here,” she says.   
Britt appears far from 'normal'
She looks rather disorientated, finds that there is some water in the kettle, 
She removes the fridge plug . . .
then pulls out the plug powering the fridge, and replaces it with the kettle plug.   
She still appears confused and goes into the living room, 
. . . and sits on the sofa . . .
where she sits on the sofa 
. . . staring at the slashed picture
and stares at the picture, with the large slash all across it.