3 April 2019 (1st)

Anita looks forward to a weekend away
As Anita and Siôn walk round the corner by Bethania, she says she is looking forward to going to Tudreath [Newport, Pembrokeshire] and forgetting everything about Tapas;  “That place is taking up all my energy at the moment.”   Siôn agrees that it will do them both good.
Jason wants to do the renovation work – for free
Jason, inexplicably back already from his rehab, rushes up to them to ask, “Would you be willing for me to do the renovation work at Morawel?   I’d do it for free, of course – 
"I want a chance to make up for everything"
“I just want a chance to make it up to you for everything.   I can work at the weekends – it’s no problem at all!”
Anita is obviously not very keen about this, but in the face of his protestations, 
"That's the least you can do!"
she comments, “That’s the least you can do under the circumstances!” then crosses the road to speak to Jaclyn.   
"I'll give you a ring, Siôn"
Jason will phone Siôn to arrange the details.
Anita asks Jaclyn if she has had any marketing ideas for Tapas, 
Jaclyn has not come up with any ideas
and she replies that she has not come up with anything yet.   
"We'll have to think of something by Easter"
“We’ll have to think of something for Easter, or we’ll be in trouble,” Anita grumbles.
"Have you got time for a cup of tea?"
Outside Bethania, Iolo is preparing to take his tools into the vestry, where he has a job;  Tyler asks if he has time for a cup of tea, but Iolo is too busy.   
"Not everyone finishes work at 3:30"
“Not everyone finishes work at 3:30,” he comments, 
Greta does not like the look of Iolo
and Greta seems rather suspicious.
"Ed must be over the moon with the news"
Outside the café, where Kelly is cleaning the windows, Anita is sure that Ed must be over the moon about the news; 
"I haven't told him yet"
“It’s a long story, but I haven’t told him yet – you don’t fancy a cuppa later, do you?”   She says no more, 
Kelly disappears back into the café 
but picks up her bucket and goes inside the café.
"He's a cert – I'm telling you!"
At Bryntirion, Dai and DJ are poring over a list of runners in The Grand National, working out which of them they will bet on;  “Have you seen this one’s form recently?   He’s a cert, I’m telling you!”
"That rehab is very expensive!"
Diane comes in, with Jason, asking him, “Do you have to go back to rehab then?” but he replies that it is very expensive, and he will see.   
"There's not such thing as a 'cert' with the gee-gees"
As Dai is insisting that there is no such thing as a cert with the ‘gee-gees’, he is reprimanded by Diane;  
"Don't talk about that in front of Jason!"
“Dai, don’t talk about things like that in front of Jason!”
"The Grand National is different – a tradition"
Dai maintains that the Grand National is different, and part of tradition, but she informs him, 
"Stop it – or I won't be cooking your tea!"
“Stop what you’re doing – or I won’t be cooking your tea!”   DJ protests that Jason has said he does not mind, but she snarls, “Just be grateful that Sara didn’t catch you, or there would be hell to pay!”
"Rapunzel isn't here, so we can do what we want!"
Dai points out, “Rapunzel isn’t here, so we can carry on and do what we want!”   They resume their deliberations.
"Have you decided where you're going?"
In the café flat, Kelly is packing a bag, and Ed asks if she has decided where she is going;  she replies that she has sorted out somewhere, and is not sure when she will be back.  
"I can't bear thinking about you on your own"
“At least tell me where you’re going,” Ed pleads, “Or let me come with you – I can’t bear thinking about you being on your own.”
"I'm a big girl – I can look after myself"
“I’m a big girl – I can look after myself,” she replies, but he stresses that he has learned his lesson, and asks if she has to go.   
"You can't leave me now, Kel"
He suggests that they start again – now.   He has only just got home from hospital, and she cannot leave him now.
"Can you go, please?"
“You can’t use emotional blackmail,” she says, “Can you go, please?”, and will not listen to any more of his arguments, 
Ed retreats downstairs
so he despondently goes back downstairs.
Jaclyn and the children are sitting in the café, and when she complains at Guto, for his noisy eating, 
"Must be the time of the month!"
Tesni remarks, “Must be the time of the month!”   Guto asks if his mother has had any ideas about Tapas yet, and Jaclyn regrets that Anita is like a dog with a bone on that subject.
“I’m no good with ideas – your Dad is better than me,” she sighs, “I hope Anita thinks of something herself.”
"I'm not hungry"
Tesni has not eaten any of her lunch, and says that she is not hungry, 
Guto wastes not time in grabbing her food . . .
so Guto immediately takes it from her;  
. . . and is suspicious of her motives
he is suspicious of the reason she has not eaten it.
Dai arranges a modest flutter
Dai gets out his wallet;  “Right, £2 each way on those two – so I’ll expect £2 in change,” he tells DJ.   Sara has overheard this, and as she approaches, Dai groans, “Here we go!”
"I soon won't be allowed to breathe in my own house!"
“What’s wrong with you, talking about betting in this house?” she rages, and Dai predicts that he will not be able to breathe in his own house before long.   
"Jason needs time to get over his gambling"
“Jason needs time to get over his gambling – he doesn’t need you rubbing it in his face all the time!” she goes on.
"It's fine, Sara, I'm OK with it"
From his position on the sofa, reading the Western Post, Jason assures her, “It’s fine – I’m OK with it.”   
"You're trying to sanitise Jason's life!"
Dai insists that she and Diane are at fault here, trying to sanitise Jason’s life.
"I'm more concerned about who's eating my yoghurts" 
Jason points out that Sara is only trying to help;  “But honestly, I’m more concerned about who’s eating my yoghurts than who’s betting on the Grand National.”   
"Is it you, Dai?"
Sara protests that she has been putting labels on them for a week, and suspects that the culprit is Dai.
"Nefi wen – I hate yoghurt!"
“Me?   Nefi wen – I hate yoghurt!” he exclaims, “Little pieces of fruit getting stuck in your teeth!”   DJ admits that he was to blame, as he thought they were for everyone, but Sara is quick to point out that they had ‘Jason’ written on them.
"I've had enough of this – I'm moving out!"
“Listen, I’ve had enough of this – I’m off – I’m moving out!” declares DJ.   
"Moving out – because of yoghurts?"
Jason checks to make sure he heard that right – DJ is moving out because of yoghurts.
“Yes, and do you know why?   There are too many people living under the same roof here!” rants Dai, 
"Jason and I will be the next to pack our bags!"
“If Sara and Diane don’t stop moaning, Jason and I will be the next ones to pack our bags!”
"I just need some space, Auntie Anita"
Kelly tells Anita that she needs some space, and is asked if she and Ed have fallen out;  “Is that why you don’t want to tell him about the baby?”   
"I don't want anyone to know about the baby"
Kelly is adamant she does not want anyone to know about the baby, as it is too early, but Anita argues, “You have to tell him – 
"He's the father . . . isn't he?"
“he’s the father . . . isn’t he?”
“Obviously, yes, Auntie Neet!” is the reply, but then she is asked what Ed has done, and whether he has hurt her, as he has obviously done something.   
"I've got a lot of decisions to make"
“All I can say is that I’ve got a lot of thinking to do, and decisions to make,” Kelly tells her, and Anita is even more confused, complaining that she has not even been told where Kelly is going.
"Please don't tell Ed!"
“I’m going to a B&B in Porthcawl, OK?   Please don’t tell Ed!   And stop worrying.   Can you check on him, please, while I’m away?”   
"There's nothing more to say, Ed"
Ed arrives back in the flat, and Kelly tells him that there is nothing more to be said;
"Mind you keep in touch"
Anita hugs her, and instructs her to keep in touch, 
If looks could kill . . .
then leaves, after glowering at Ed.
"I understand why you want to be on your own"
“I just wanted to say that I understand why you want to be on your own,” he begins, 
"I can see a bright future for us, Kel – can't you?"
“I see a bright future for us, Kel – you can see that too, can’t you?”
"I did!"
She has already put on her coat, and ominously replies, “I did!”   She goes downstairs.
Tyler is concerned about Iolo's workload
Tyler visits Y Felin, to return some keys to Siôn, and comments that Iolo is very busy;  “He needs to work less, as we hardly see each other these days.   I wonder if you could have a word with him, or babysit one night?”
Siôn's solution is bound to cause trouble
Then Siôn has an idea;  “Anita and I were supposed to be going to Tudraeth this weekend – you’re welcome to go instead.”   Tyler initially refuses, but is persuaded by Siôn, just as Anita returns.
"That would be fantastic, Siôn!"
“That would be fantastic – thank you, Siôn,” he says, 
"What's that, then?"
but Anita wonders what it is that will do Iolo and Tyler good, and he hesitantly admits what he has given away.
"I'm a growing boy"
In the café, Guto is still eating voraciously, and Tesni does not know where he puts all that food;  “I’m a growing boy,” he replies, then advises her, “You should tell Mam that the colitis is back.”   
"Then Dad will find out"
She is concerned that her father will find out, and she knows how he will react;  “Does Mathew know that you’re ill?   I’m only asking,” he adds.
"Don't ask – it's none of your business!"
“Well, don’t ask – it’s none of your business!” Tesni reproves him, but he encourages her to go and see the doctor.   
"Fancy a game of darts?"
Just then, Mathew comes in and asks if she fancies going to the Deri to play some darts.   “Yes, good idea,” she answers, 
"How long have you played darts, then?"
and Guto wonders how long she has been playing darts.   
Does Guto has some eating disorder?
The two of them leave together, while Guto continues eating.
Anita embarks on her tirade
As expected, Anita is furious;  “Even if you were considering it, you should have asked me first!”   
"Iolo's under a lot of pressure"
Siôn tries to explain that Iolo is under a lot of pressure at work, but Anita harangues him, “We’re in the 21st century, and women can make decisions as well!   
"I need this holiday, too!"
“You should have asked for my opinion – and do you know what I would have said?   I would have said no, because I need this holiday, too!   
"I need to be looked after as well!"
“I need to be looked after as well, you know!   
She has really wound herself up now
“If you had picked up the phone, or come to look for me, you would have heard what’s going on in my life today, as well!”
"What's the problem, Anita?"
When she pauses for long enough for Siôn to get a word in, he asks what is the problem;  
"Kelly's pregnant – and considering an abortion!"
“Kelly’s pregnant – and I think she’s considering having an abortion!” blurts out Anita.
"I've got three jobs this weekend!"
In the Deri, Tyler tells Iolo the news about Tudraeth;  “I can’t – I’ve got three jobs this weekend!” is his response.   
But Tyler has gone behind his back
However, Tyler has spoken to Gwyn Jones of Llangennech, and arranged for him to do the three jobs;    Iolo is not happy about this.
"We're going instead of Siôn and Anita"
“Your father and I have arranged it – we’re going instead of them,” Tyler explains, “Because you’re working too much, so we’re taking Greta to Y Felin on Friday afternoon – and then we’re going, OK?   Come on – I need a break to from all this swotting, as well as work.”   
"So I don't have a lot of choice, do I?"
Iolo can see that he does not have much choice in the matter.
"No, DJ – not after last time!"
DJ begs Mathew to stay at the flat for a few days, but is refused;  “Where am I supposed to go, then?” DJ demands, and is told he should have thought of that before leaving Bryntirion.
"I'm sure DJ would behave himself"
However, Tesni is sure that DJ would behave himself there, 
"All right – but only a couple of nights!"
and eventually Mathew grudgingly agrees that he can stay for a couple of nights.   
"What are you doing eating nuts, Tes?"
Guto comes in to collect the house key from Tesni, and asks her what she is doing eating nuts.   
"I'm only a bit intolerant to Brazil nuts"
She tells Mathew that she is a bit intolerant to Brazil nuts, but the ones she is eating are fine.   
"She's having cold feet about this baby"
“I tried to talk to her, but she wouldn’t,” Anita complains, “She’s having cold feet about this baby, I’m telling you now.”   
"I thought she would be dead against abortion"
Siôn thought that Kelly would be dead against abortion, and Anita agrees that she has said that many times;  
"There was something about her today!"
“But there was something about her today – a look in her eyes – she’s heartbroken!”
Siôn wonders if Ed has done something to upset her, and she is convinced that he has definitely done something, but Kelly would not tell her.   
Anita thinks she should have given Kelly a grilling
“Perhaps he’s been with another woman – I should have insisted that she come here and stay with us – I should have insisted she talk to me.”   
"Kelly has to make her own decisions"
Siôn reminds her that it is Kelly’s life, and she has to make her own decisions.
Jason ends up with jam on his face
Sitting on the sofa, eating scones with jam and cream, Sara and Jason engage in a bit of horseplay;  
"They're not going to stop, are they?"
she wipes off the jam from his face, and he says, “Look, I know what you’re trying to do, stopping Dai and DJ doing stupid things.   But they’re not going to stop doing stupid things, because they are stupid.”
"They ought to know better!"
She points out that they ought to know better, as he is ill, but he goes on, “Every time two clowns like that do something stupid, it helps me, doesn’t it?   
"In a way, they're doing me a favour"
“I have to get used to hearing people talk about these things, so, in a way, the two clowns are doing me a favour.”
"Are you two going to hog that sofa all afternoon?"
Dai comes in, moaning, “Are you two going to hog that sofa all afternoon – or can someone else sit there?”
"Help me with this soup, Dai!"
A voice from the kitchen instructs him to leave them alone, and come to help making soup;  he maintains that he is too busy learning Japanese, for the visitors next week.   
"Japanese?   What have you learned, then?"
Diane wants to hear what he has learned, 
Dai reels off a few words
and he comes up with some words, in an authentic Japanese accent, which Jason considers are pretty good.   Diane predicts that he will be fluent by next week.
"My French teacher said I was a natural linguist"
“My French teacher at school years ago said I was a natural linguist!” Dai boasts, 
"A lot of things come naturally to you, Dai!"
and Jason comments that there are a lot of things that come naturally to him.
Anita is keeping an eye on Ed
Anita goes to visit Ed in the café flat;  “Kelly asked me to come in and check on you,” she says, and he regards that as very kind.   
"I'm doing this for Kelly"
“I’m doing it for Kelly – listen, I know what happened to you on Friday night and it’s terrible when someone attacks you like that – but Kelly needs to be looked after as well.   
"You're not the only one who's fragile these days"
“You’re not the only one who’s fragile these days.”
"The important thing now is to get her home"
He replies, “The important thing now is to get her home.”
“But I know Kelly as well as I know myself,” Anita goes on, “For her to go away like this, well, you must have really hurt her!”
Again he says, “The important thing now is to get her home.”
"Let's just hope she wants to come home!"
“Let’s just hope she wants to come home!” is Anita’s parting comment before she leaves again.
Tesni tells Guto, “Don’t tell Mathew anything about my condition, OK?”   
"It's no big deal, is it?"
He replies that it is no big deal, 
"I'll be dumped for being a freak of nature!"
but she continues, “It’s not you who’ll be dumped for being a freak of nature!”   
"Come on, you two – home now!"
Then their mother arrives and orders them both home immediately, 
"If your father catches you, he'll go up the wall!"
warning that if their father catches them in a pub on a school night, he will go up the wall.   
"That's the problem with going out with a schoolgirl!"
Mathew looks somewhat disturbed to witness this, and DJ comments, That’s the problem with going out with a schoolgirl – Dadi always has the last word.”