22 April 2019

An invitation to a wedding reception
Iolo finds that an invitation to Keith’s and Steff’s wedding reception next month has been put through the door;  Tyler remarks that they will need someone to look after Greta, of course.   
"It would be a good idea if you asked Dad"
“That’s why I thought it would be a good idea if you asked Dad,” says Iolo, rather pointedly, “You could apologise to each other for last week.”
"I have nothing to apologise for!"
Tyler maintains that he has nothing to apologise for, but it is pointed out to him 
"Dad won't babysit otherwise"
that Siôn will not babysit Greta otherwise.
"I need a proper coffee first"
Tyler agrees, on one condition;  “I need a proper coffee first, 
Iolo is left with his  'disgusting' coffee
“because the new one you bought is disgusting.”
Aaron is still crossing off the days
Aaron continues to cross off the days until Colin is released;  Britt appears from her bedroom, and asks him how many days are left now.   
"I can't wait for him to come home, Mam"
“Only ten,” sighs Aaron, “I can’t wait for him to come home,” and Britt feels the same.   “Are you going to tell Colin that you’re not taking the tablets?” he goes on, 
"I'm doing so well without them"
and she cannot make up her mind, insisting that she is doing so well without them.   
“I feel more like myself,” she says, 
"Come up, Garry"
and then they are disturbed by the buzzer;  it is Garry, who has come to see them.
"I'm off to see Colin"
He says that he is going to see Colin to plan for next week.   “Oh – the prison?” Britt asks.
"No – the café in Burry Port!"
“No, Britt – the café in Burry Port!” he replies scathingly, “Come on, then!”   
"I'm not going, Garry"
She tells him that she will not be coming, and Aaron volunteers to go instead.   
"Prison is no place for kids"
Britt tells him that prison is no place for kids, but Garry points out, “Colin would be happy to see him.”
Britt wants time to think
Britt is having trouble thinking straight, and demands time to think about this, sitting down on the sofa and looking bewildered.
"Toast, Sioned"
DJ brings some toast for Sioned, and Mathew wonders if there is any for him, 
"Sorry, I finished the loaf"
but DJ reveals that he has finished the loaf.   Sioned is surprised that Mathew has been working at APD on a bank holiday;  
"Working in a sweatshop would be easier!"
he complains, “Working in a sweatshop would be easier!”   
"Cup of coffee, Sioned"
DJ appreciates what his father can be like, as he also brings coffee for Sioned, and is now going for a jog.
"I'm impressed with the effort he's making"
“I am impressed with the effort he’s making,” Sioned tells Mathew, 
"He has a huge crush on you!"
who replies, with a broad smile on his face, that DJ has a huge crush on her.   “DJ?   Don’t talk nonsense!” she replies, and he decides to go to the café for his breakfast, as ‘lover boy’ has finished everything in the flat.   
What he said makes Sioned think
Sioned is caused to think.
Izzy is doing some planning
In the café, Izzy is working on the laptop when her mother comes in, glad that she can forget about work today;  Izzy, on the other hand, is preparing for her job, and is trying to organise an event that brings everyone together.   
"I want something different"
Gaynor suggests a coffee morning, but Izzy is looking for something different, 
"Do you have any suggestions, Tyler?"
so her mother asks Tyler if he has any suggestions.
"We need a brainstorming session"
He says, “The ideas you gave in the interview were pretty good – what we need is a brainstorming session.   It’s a bank holiday, so, Mathew, what do you think?   We’re helping Izzy in the Deri tonight!”   
"Yeah, OK, I'll be there"
Mathew agrees to be there, and Izzy wonders what she has got into.
"Don't you look smart, Aaron?"
Aaron tells his mother that it is time he left, and she is impressed by his smartness, 
"Are you sure you want to go?"
but still queries whether he really wants to go.   “Yes, I want to see Colin, even if you don’t,” he replies.   
"I want to go – but I can't!"
She looks rather downcast at this, and admits that she is sorry, and wants to go but she cannot.   
She asks him to give her regards to Colin, 
"Don't tell him I've stopped taking the tablets"
but reminds him, “Don’t tell him that I’ve stopped taking the tablets, OK?   
"I'll tell him in my own time"
“He doesn’t need to know, and I want to tell him in my own time.”
First Tyler apologises . . .
Siôn is walking along the street when he encounters Tyler by the door of number 7;  “Look, I want to apologise for what happened in Tapas last week,” Tyler begins, 
. . . then Siôn follows suit
and Siôn replies that he should do the same.   “Could you babysit Greta for us next month?” Tyler enquires, and this is where the conversation begins to degenerate.
Siôn has not got over his disappointment
“Our circumstances have changed – I’m not sure we can babysit overnight,” Siôn tells him, “And I’m still disappointed that you didn’t support me in the interview.
"If you won't support me, why should I support you?"
“If you won’t support me, why should I support you?”
"If it's too much trouble, we'll find someone else – again!"
Tyler’s anger is rising as he exclaims, “If babysitting your grand-daughter is too much trouble, Siôn, we’ll find someone else – again!”   Siôn advises him not to be so childish, which is like a red rag to a bull.   
"You're the one playing games, Siôn!"
“I’m being childish?   You’re the one playing games, Siôn!” Tyler snarls, 
He returns to number 7
and returns to number 7.
"I know – I can smell you!"
DJ announces that he is back, and Sioned comments, “I know – I can smell you!” 
"Fancy going to the Deri tonight?"
He wonders if she fancies going to the Deri tonight, as a gang is meeting to help Izzy come up with ideas for some event.   She says that she is not eager, and he tries to persuade her;  
"We haven't been out for ages"
“Come on, we haven’t been out for ages, and a couple of pints will sort you out.”   
She explains that she and Izzy are not best friends;  
"It might be awkward – but I'm not scared of her"
“It might be awkward, considering what happened with Scott.”   He protests that he will be there to keep her safe, but she is quick to point out, “I’m not scared of her.   DJ, we’re friends, aren’t we?”   
"What sort of question is that?"
He wonders what sort of question this is.
"People can think there's something more there"
She continues, “Sometimes when two people get on well, they can think there’s something more there – do you know what I mean?   But then they find out there isn’t any more there – but by then they’ve lost what they had in the first place.   
"I don't want that to happen to us"
“I don’t want that to happen to us – we’re such good friends.”
"What – you and me?"
He has by now worked out what she is talking about, and demands, “What – you and me?   Listen, I think you’ve misunderstood.”   
"I'm glad we understand each other"
Sioned is very relieved about this, and remarks that Mathew can be a real idiot;  she is glad that they understand each other, 
DJ's look of disappointment
but there seems to be a look of disappointment on DJ’s face.
Colin enters the visiting room
At the prison, the inmates file into the visiting room, 
"I don't want you seeing me like this"
and Colin says, “What are you doing here?   This is no place for kids.   I don’t want you seeing me like this.”   
"He's not a little boy, Col"
Garry points out that Aaron is not a little boy, 
"How's your mother?"
and Aaron says that his mother is OK, but Colin detects that he is not being entirely honest. 
"Look, everything's fine, Col"
Garry attempts to convince him, “Look, Col, everything’s fine,” but Colin has his doubts, 
Aaron fails to look convincing
despite Aaron’s nod of agreement.   
That prisoner on the left is taking an interest in Garry
He asks Garry to fetch him some water, and while he has gone, Colin asks Aaron, “You would say if there was anything wrong, wouldn’t you?” 
"It's this place that's upsetting me"
and Aaron maintains that it is the atmosphere of the prison which is upsetting him, but he is looking forward to Colin’s return home.
"Well, well – this is a surprise!"
Meanwhile, by the water dispenser, a prisoner approaches Garry;  “Well, well, this is a surprise!” he says, and Garry recognises him as Craig, who was jailed almost three years ago, and who tried to implicate Garry by leaving a body in the inspection pit of the garage.
"Sharing lodgings with a friend of the infamous Garry Monk!"
“I didn’t realise I was sharing lodgings with a friend of the infamous Garry Monk!” Craig snarls, but is warned not to lay a finger on Colin.   “Or what?   I’m in, you’re out!   
"What are you going to do, eh?"
“What are you going to do, eh?” Craig demands.
"If your friends knew you used to be a police informer"
“What would your friends in here say, if they knew you used to be a police informer?” enquires Garry, 
Garry looks quite pleased with himself . . .
and walks away with a smirk on his face.   
. . . but Aaron has been watching them
Aaron has been watching what went on between the two of them.
"Why do you want to ruin my chances with Sioned?"
DJ confronts Mathew;  “Why did you say that?   Why do you want to ruin my chances with Sioned?”   
"You've got no chance with her, DJ!"
Mathew warns him that he has no chance with her, and maintains that it is better for him to be disappointed now than to get hurt down the line.
"I'm a big boy now, Mathew!"
“I’m a big boy now, Mathew – I don’t need you to protect me!” is DJ’s response, 
"I haven't seen Tesni here lately"
“Focus on your own woman – I haven’t seen Tesni here lately.”   Mathew explains that she is ill.
"Brainstorming for tonight, is it?"
Sioned comes in, and remarks that the atmosphere seems intense;  “Brainstorming for tonight, is it?”
"Why won't you tell us who he is?"
“Why won’t you tell us who he is?” Aaron demands, and Garry maintains that he does not know the man;   “You were arguing,” Aaron points out, and Garry says that the stranger wanted his water first.   Then the bell rings for the end of visiting time.   
"I'm glad you came"
Colin is very glad that he has seen them, and Garry will check with the authorities what time he will be released;  
"I'll be outside to pick you up"
“I’ll be outside to pick you up.”   
"Freedom for Col!"
Colin says it will be much better to see them outside than inside;  “I can’t wait to see my getaway team next Thursday – freedom for Col!”   Craig is in the background, listening.   
Craig appears to be stirring things up
As the prisoners return to their cells, Craig can be seen whispering to one of the others.
Tyler has secured a babysitter
When Iolo returns from work, Tyler has just arranged a babysitter for the party, and Iolo assumes that he did not speak to Siôn.   
"Oh yes, I spoke to him"
“Oh yes, I spoke to him,” Tyler confirms.
"Greta is the one who will suffer"
“While you two are arguing, Greta is the one who will suffer,” complains Iolo, but Tyler insists he is not the one with a grudge, and in any case, he has not got time for this at the moment, as he is on his way to the Deri.   
Iolo calls his father
Iolo dials his father’s number.
Izzy wants an event, not a club
In the Deri, DJ suggests a weight loss club, but Sioned points out that Izzy wants an event, so DJ and Mathew go to fetch another drink,   
"Scott was a long time ago"
“Listen, what happened with Scott was a long time ago,” says Sioned, “I’d like it if we could move on and forget about the past.”   
"A lot has happened since then"
Izzy agrees, remarking that a lot has happened since then.
"Mam wants to organise another May Day Fair"
Sioned continues, “Mam wants to organise another May Day Fair at Penrhewl this year – why don’t we do something in partnership?   We had a good response last time.”   
"How about a bungee jump?"
Mathew then comes up with a bungee jump, 
"Good idea, but Sioned's is better"
but Izzy favours Sioned’s idea, which offers all kinds of possibilities, and they can have a fancy dress competition.
"A joint venture between Penrhewl and Antur Iaith"
She continues, “It would be a joint venture between Penrhewl and Antur Iaith [Language Adventure], and would show that Yr Antur works with other businesses.”
Siôn cannot keep his nose out
Siôn has been listening from the bar, and has a suggestion;  “If you’re serious about this job, 
"Why not use your real name – Esyllt?"
“why not use your real name?   Esyllt is a Welsh name – it’s pretty – using ‘Izzy’ doesn’t show a commitment to the language.”
Izzy does not like his elitist attitude
Izzy becomes irate;  “So only people called Esyllt, and Pryderi and Blodeuwedd have the right to work for the Welsh language?” she demands, “That’s what it sounded like to me!   That is the elitist attitude the Welsh language doesn’t need!”
"I wish I hadn't invited you, Dad!"
Iolo wishes he had not invited his father to the Deri;  
"It wasn't that long ago you were calling yourself 'John'!"
he reminds him, “It wasn’t that long ago you were calling yourself ‘John’!”   
Izzy finds this revealing
This attracts Izzy’s attention, but Siôn points out that it was different, and thinks that he had better retire to answer his phone.   
Iolo apologises to Izzy, acknowledging that his father can be so embarrassing at times.   She agrees that at times parents can be a pain.
Gaynor arrives . . .
Right on time, her own ‘pain’ arrives, and Izzy explains that they will be planning a joint May Day Fair at Penrhewl.   
. . . and Izzy is glad she was 'pushed' into this job
“I owe you a drink for pushing me into going for this job,” she tells her mother, “I don’t think it will be that bad after all!”
Siôn is looking forward to something on Thursday
Siôn is on the phone, learning about some event on Thursday, and says he is looking forward to it.   
Now Siôn has changed his mind about babysitting
As Iolo and Tyler are leaving, he says he is sorry for this morning, and has been thinking that he is sure he can babysit Greta next month.   
"I don't want you doing it – with that attitude!"
Tyler is determined, “I don’t want you babysitting Greta – not with that attitude!” and he walks away.   
“See what I have to deal with?” Siôn says to Iolo, 
"I don't want you looking after her, either!"
and is offended when told that Iolo does not want him looking after Greta either, if that is the kind of thing he will teach her.
Britt does not know what is going on
When Aaron and Garry return to the chip shop flat, Britt appears to be in a very confused state, wielding the phone;  
"Colin's sentence has been extended!"
“Hey, Colin can’t come home for another month now!” she wails, “He’s been accused of attacking another inmate at dinner time – and his sentence has been extended!   
"It's not like Colin to attack someone!"
“I don’t understand – it’s not like Colin to attack someone!”
"It's to do with that bloke!"
Aaron has worked out, “It’s to do with that bloke – there was something going on!”   Despite Garry urging him not to upset Britt, Aaron will not be silenced;  
"We don't know what this guy will do!"
“This is your fault!” he shouts at Garry, “And now that Colin’s stuck in prison, we don’t know what this guy will do!”
"Go home, Garry!"
Britt demands if what he says is true, and tells Garry to go home;  he tries to calm her down, 
"You heard what Mam said – get out!"
but Aaron shouts, “You heard what Mam said – get out!” 
Garry does so
and Garry leaves.
"It might not be all bad news, you know"
Britt, apparently becoming divorced from reality, says, “Hey, Aaron, this might not be all bad news, you know.   
"We're a good team, aren't we?"
“Well, look at us – you and me – we’re a good team, aren’t we?   We understand each other.”
Britt is definitely not 'compos mentis'
As she stands in the kitchen, with a vacuous smile on her face, 
Aaron crosses out Colin's release date . . .
Aaron goes to sit on the sofa, scribbling out what is written on the calendar for 2 May;  
. . . and is at his wits' end
he is distraught.