18 November 2019 (2nd)

Colin receives another phone call
Colin approaches the door of the chip shop flat while in conversation on his phone;  he is excited by what he has heard and rushes up the stairs, shouting to Britt.   
"He's coming over to see us today!"
He finds Garry there, talking to her, and breathlessly announces to them, “You won’t believe it!   He’s coming over to see us today – I’ve spoken to his personal assistant – he’s over from Dubai on business and he wants to see the mural!”
"Yes, we, Colin – we're talking half a million here!"
Garry demands, “When are we meeting him?   Yes, we, Colin – we’re talking about half a million here - I’m not letting you talk to him on your own!”   
"Midday at the Glyndwr"
Colin advises that the appointment is at midday at the Glyndwr Hotel;  they are going to have some lunch, then he will come over to take a look.
"To check it's not a scam, probably"
“To check that it’s not a scam, probably,” concludes Garry, “Right, I’ll pick you up later – 
"Please wear something tidy!"
“and please, wear something tidy!”
"What if he realises its not a Banksy?"
Britt is becoming anxious;  “Col, what if this buyer realises it’s not a Banksy?   He’s an expert!”   
"We've fooled everyone else, haven't we?"
Colin is quite sure that, as they have fooled everyone up until now, they can fool him, too.   “Come on, trust me,” he tells her, “Put the bubbly in the fridge – by the end of the day, 
"Rolling in cash – guaranteed!"
“we’ll be rolling in cash – guaranteed!”
Jim does not seem to be doing anything
Jim is supposed to be working on the refurbishment of Rhys’ new gym, which is situated behind the roller shutter door at the rear of APD, but he is just sitting, morosely while Iolo works on fitting a radiator.   Eileen brings Jim’s lunch, and remarks that things are shaping up now;  “I’m looking forward to paying membership – and not coming for months,” she jokes.
"Right, coffee for the workers"
Rhys comes in, bringing coffee for the workers, but Jim looks at him suspiciously;  
"I don't drink coffee with traitors!"
“I don’t drink coffee with traitors!” he snarls, “You were probably there when Ffion phoned the cops.”   Again Rhys points out that it was nothing to do with Ffion, so Jim assumes that it was him.
"I've never trusted you – you're too much like your father!"
“I’ve never trusted you – you’re too much like your father!” he growls, and when Iolo tries to calm things, Jim instead turns on him, 
Jim is also scathing about Iolo
“You would side with him – you probably fancy him!   Why are you sticking up for this snowflake?”
"I can't work with him, Rhys!"
Iolo has had enough of this and walks out, apologising to Rhys;  “Nice one, Jim – brilliant!” groans Rhys, and then Jim also stalks out.
"Shouting abuse at my staff and customers!"
In the Deri, Garry moans to Diane, “It’s no reason to shout abuse at my staff and customers,” 
"That was just a one-off, Garry"
but she insists that the problem with Jim was just a one-off.   Garry is not convinced;  “I heard he was throwing his weight about outside the café yesterday.”   
"We all lose our temper – including you!"
Diane reminds him, “We all lose our temper sometimes – including you!   Why don’t you reconsider?   
"APD would do a great job – and we're reasonable"
“APD would do a great job – and we’re reasonable.”   Garry confirms that he wants to use a local company, and is assured that Jim knows he was wrong.   “It won’t happen again –what do you say?” Diane enquires.
Garry seems to have been almost won over 
Just as Garry looks poised to make a favourable decision, 
"I can't work with Jim any more!"
Iolo comes in, exclaiming, “Sorry, Diane – I can’t work with Jim any more!”   He is closely followed by Jim, who is loudly protesting, as usual.
"Whatever he says, ignore him!"
“Whatever he says, ignore him!” he shouts, 
"If he's not accusing people, he's making homophobic comments!"
and Iolo informs Diane that if Jim is not accusing people, he is making homophobic comments.   “You’re too sensitive!” roars Jim.
"I don't want APD anywhere near the salon!"
Garry has by now heard enough, and comes to the conclusion that he does not want APD anywhere near the salon;  “I don’t want a company that wastes time arguing all the while!”
"Look what you've done now, Jim!'
Diane is furious;  “Look what you’ve done now, Jim!   This is all your fault!”   He cannot understand why she is blaming him, 
"Right, I'm going home!"
and decides that he is going home, ignoring Diane’s orders to get back to work.
Anita is still enthusing over the baby
Kelly is now home, and Anita seems reluctant to give up charge of the baby, 
Kelly wants to establish a routine
but does hand him over to his doting mother, who looks radiantly happy.   Kelly wants to start a routine, but Anita considers that can be a bit cold;  
"I've done loads of research, Auntie Anita"
“I’ve done tonnes of research, Auntie Anita – I know what I’m doing,” Kelly replies.
"Are you smiling for Mami?"
She looks adoringly at her son;  “Are you smiling for Mami?   You are beautiful.”
Jason removes Ifan's boots
Ifan is now back at Bryntirion, and Jason takes his boots off, 
Sara is very pleased to see him
then Sara arrives at the house, and greets her son.   
"I've just come to pick him up"
“I’m not staying long – I’ve just come to grab a few things, and pick him up.”
Jason wants to know where she is going, as he will not allow Ifan to stay with the Parrys;  “Dylan’s found us a house,” announces Sara, 
"Oh yes, of course he has!"
which does not surprise Jason, and she maintains that Dylan has been very good to her.
"How long have you been sleeping with him?"
“Yes – a real hero,” replies Jason, “I saw you, Sara – together at the hospital.   How long have you been sleeping with him?   Come on, tell me – what is it about him you like so much more than me?”   
"I haven't left you to be with Dylan"
She argues that she has not left him to be with Dylan, 
"It's important we should discuss it"
but he points out that it is important that they should discuss it.
"I can't leave Ifan with you"
She refuses, maintaining, “You’re going to ask me to leave Ifan with you – and I can’t!”   However Jason is quite clear that he should be with his mother.
No court in the land would give custody of Ifan to me – I’m an addict, remember? Anyway, I think he should be with you.”   
"I'll just go and pack"
Jason holds Ifan while Sara goes to pack;  
"What do you want to do?"
“Right, boy – we’ve got at least five minutes – what do you want to do?”
"Mr Evans, has Banksy confirmed this is indeed his own work?"
Britt is getting even more worried;  “What if the buyer starts asking lots of questions?   Mr Evans, has Banksy confirmed that this is indeed his own work?”   
"Yes, he left a message under the door of the chip shop"
Colin makes it clear that he will say that Banksy has done so;  “He left a message under the door of the chip shop.   That’s the point, no-one knows, because Banksy is an enigma.”
"Guto?   OK, come up"
The buzzer sounds, and Colin is surprised that it is Guto;  Britt is warned not to say a word about today to him.   “I’m not here to see Aaron,” Guto informs them, 
"I want my share, Col – shall we say £2,000?"
“But he told me you’re meeting someone from Dubai today – I want my share, Col – shall we say £2,000?   You’ve been taking advantage – so £2,000, or I’m putting the truth online.   One click, Colin, is all it takes!”
"Five hundred, max!"
Colin reluctantly offers him £500, and apologises to Britt that he has no choice;  after first moderating his demand to £1,000, Guto eventually concedes and accepts the £500;  
"Internet transfer, please"
“Internet transfer, please, when you’re ready,” he stipulates, 
"Here's your phone, Col"
and Britt hands Colin his phone.
Eileen has brought a little cardigan . . .
Eileen has taken a little cardigan to Kelly for the baby, and also a list of dates the ‘Baby Club’ are meeting;  
. . . and a list of meetings of the 'Baby Club'
“It’s alway nice to talk to other mums – we’re all in the same boat,” says Eileen, and wants to pick up the baby, 
"No, don't pick him up"
but is forbidden from so doing.   
Anita points out that he is already awake, but is instructed, “Step away, and he might go back to sleep – there’s another twenty minutes before his feed.”
"I don't have much time for routine"
Eileen does not have much time for ‘routine’;  “If Huwi Bach wants a cwtch, that’s what he gets, whatever the clock says.   Remember he’s a baby, not a robot.”   
"My baby, my decision, Eileen"
Kelly points out that he is her baby, and it is her decision, and Eileen leaves.
"That was rather abrupt, Kelly"
Anita complains that she was rather abrupt, and Kelly decides, “I don’t want any more visitors, for now.   
"I want a bit of quality time with him"
“I want a bit of quality time with him.”
Jason is playing with Ifan
Jason is playing with Ifan, and now Sara has collected everything she needs at the moment;  “Jason, we have to go,” she tells him, 
"I need to get him settled in the new house"
“I need to get him settled in the new house –you understand that, don’t you?   
"I'm not going to stop you seeing him"
“I’m not going to stop you seeing him, you know – there will be trips to the park, and weekends here.’
"I'm going to miss you, boy"
Tears are coming to Jason’s eyes as he tells his son, “I’m going to miss you, boy – but I’ll see you soon.”   
Diane arrives . . .
Diane has just come home, and she picks up Ifan, 
. . . and immediately takes charge of Ifan
determined that he is not going anywhere.
"Ifan is staying here, Sara!"
“You’re welcome to leave, Sara, but Ifan is staying here!” she states.
"Everyone's turned against me!"
Jim arrives home unexpectedly, and when Eileen asks why, he snarls, “Ask Diane – or Iolo!   Ask whoever you want – because everyone’s turned against me!”   
"Cool down and control your temper"
She urges him to cool down and control his temper, 
"Shut your mouth!"
but he simply shouts at her, “Shut up, will you?   Just shut your mouth!”
"I don't want to fall out with Jim"
There is a knock at the door, and Eileen finds that it is Iolo, who does not want to fall out with Jim;  “I just want to talk to him sensibly.”   
"I know – it was Mark!'
Jim has now reached the conclusion that it was Mark who betrayed him;  “He was hiding in the corner the day I was reported!   I knew there was someone else there!”   
"You're not going to Maes-y-Deri, Jim!"
Eileen manages to grab the car keys before he gets to them, and tells him that he is not going to Maes-y-Deri.   He demands to have the keys, but she refuses, 
"Don't talk to Eileen like that!"
and Iolo warns him not to talk to Eileen like that.   She stresses that this has gone too far, and it has to stop now.
Jim breaks down in tears
Jim sobs, “I can’t stop!” and Iolo thinks it high time that he left;  
"Will you be all right, Eileen?"
Eileen assures him that she will be all right.   
"I don't know who I am any more!"
“I don’t know who I am any more!” wails Jim, “I can’t think straight – I can’t relax, I can’t sleep.”
"This time of year is always difficult"
Eileen tries to console him;  “This time of year is always difficult – with Courtney and the accident.”   He agrees that she is probably right – 
"Courtney is playing on my mind all the time"
Courtney is what is playing on his mind all the time.   
"Remember I'm always here for you"
She reminds him that she is always there for him.
Diane will not listen to reason
Now Diane is playing with Ifan on the sofa;  Sara tries to talk to her, but is ignored.   
"Mam, you're going to upset him"
“Mam, you’re just going to upset him,” Jason insists, but she is of the opinion that Sara is the one who is upsetting him.
"She must accept the consequences"
“She is the one who has decided to leave, so she must accept the consequences,” Diane says, and Jason explains that he does not want Ifan to go, either, but this is not fair on him – he is the important one now.
"I'm telling you to give him to Sara, please!"
He urges his mother to let Sara take Ifan, but she refuses;  “I’m his father, and I’m telling you to give him to Sara, please!” he emphasises.   Diane finally realises that she has no choice and relinquishes her grandson.
"Are you going with Mami, then?"
“Are you going with Mami, then?’ he asks Ifan, 
"Thank you"
and passes him to her, while Diane retires to the kitchen.   
Diane looks malevolently at her son
When they have left, Diane looks reproachfully at Jason.
An uncommonly smart Colin has arrived at The Glyndwr with Garry.   
"Well, he's an enigma, remember!"
He is presently rehearsing his spiel to the buyer;  “Well, he’s an enigma, remember!”   
"Why are you so nervous?"
Garry cannot understand why Colin is so nervous, and they go into the room where the buyer is waiting for them.
They approach the mystery buyer . . .
“Ready?” Garry asks, and steps forward to introduce himself;  
. . . only to find Guto sitting there
he is astonished to see Guto sitting there, and tells him to get lost.   “We’ve got an important meeting!” he says, but Guto does not consider that much to be of a welcome.
"I've travelled all the way from Dubai, haven't I?"
“I’ve travelled all the way from Dubai, haven’t I?” he continues, and it dawns upon Colin that he is the ‘buyer’.   “Yes, well done, Col!” Guto smiles.   
"I want my £500 back!"
Colin demands his £500 back, 
"Tough – it's my money!"
but is told, “Tough – it’s my money – just in time for my birthday, as well.”
"Why did you give him £500?"
Garry wants to know why Guto has been given £500, 
"I painted the mural"
and he reveals, “I painted the mural, not Banksy – Col hasn’t been able to fry his chips fast enough, thanks to me!”   Colin is angry that his idea has been hijacked, but Guto reminds him that he did the hard work;  “Every artist deserves recognition.”
Colin is getting very worried now . . .
Garry cannot believe that Colin thought he would get away with it;  “Let’s hope nobody else finds out – or you’ll be back in jail.   It’s called fraud – a serious crime – I thought you would have known that.”   
. . . and makes a hasty exit from the hotel
Colin rushes out of the room in a state of panic.
Guto is quite satisfied with his performance
Garry tells a smiling Guto that he is impressed;  “It’s true what they say, isn’t it?   
"It's always the quiet ones"
“It’s always the quiet ones.”
"That smells good, Mam"
Jason comes in through the back door of Bryntirion, where his mother is cooking dinner, but she is reluctant to talk to him.   When she finally speaks, 
"I've lost my grandson because of you!"
she complains, “I’ve lost my grandson because of you – you should have fought to keep him.”
"You said he deserves so much better than me"
He reminds her, “You said yourself that he deserves so much better than me,” to which she explains that she was angry and did not mean it.   “But it’s true, though, isnt it?” he goes on, 
"I can't trust myself yet!"
“I can’t trust myself yet.   I haven’t been gambling – but I could.   It’s there every day – I could, easily – and Sara knows it, too.   If I slip again and lose my way, I don’t want Ifan to be in the middle of that mess!   
"Are you going to be there for me, Mam"
“I know you’re disappointed in me – and you have every reason to hate me.   I just want to know one thing – are you going to be there for me, Mam?”   
Diane does not answer
Diane makes no reply.
Ffion's class is out in the village
Ffion has a class of children out in the street by the mural; 
"The thing about this unique work . . ."
“The thing about this unique work is that everyone has the freedom to analyse it in their own way.   It’s an honour for us as a village that Banksy chose Cwmderi for his masterpiece.   So, as part of your Bacc course . . .”
Colin is on a urgent mission
At this point, her lesson is interrupted by Colin, with stepladder and long-handled paint roller.   Ffion realises what he about to do, and calls upon Garry to stop him. 
"New information has come to light"
Britt also hurries round from the chippy, and Colin announces, “I know this is disappointing, but new information has come to light.”
"You can't paint over our heritage!"
Ffion objects to him painting over their heritage, but Colin explains, “I’ve just been talking to an expert, 
"It wasn't painted by Banksy!"
“and unfortunately, it wasn’t painted by Banksy!”   
"Calm down, Judi Dench!"
Britt pretends, very extragavantly, that she cannot believe it, and Garry warns her, “Calm down, Judi Dench!” and reveals that he knows about the scam.
Ffion is also sceptical, demanding that Colin wait until he has definite confirmation, 
"If I get the blame, I could go to jail!'
and he anxiously informs her, “If I get the blame for this, I could end up in jail!”
Guto happens upon the scene and assures Colin that it is not his fault;  
"Please don't paint over it!"
“Please don’t paint over it!” he pleads.   
Ffion takes the children back to school
Ffion comes to the conclusion that her group should head back to the school, as Guto tells Colin that he will take any blame for the problem;  
"I've put too much work into it, just to see it disappear"
“I’ve put too much work into it, just to see it disappear.”   
"Well, you do have talent – I'll grant you that"
Colin has to concede that he has talent, and he can keep the money;  “I suppose you deserve it.”   Then Britt shouts from the shop for some help, as they have a long queue of customers.   
Guto is left holding the roller
Colin hands over the paint roller to Guto, and sprints round to the shop.
He looks at his latest addition . . .
The next we see is Guto climbing down the stepladder, then looking up at his work;  
, , , his initials on the artwork
 he smiles when he sees his latest addition – his initials in the bottom right-hand corner.
"See, Kelly, he wants to be fed"
The baby is starting to make noises, and Anita interprets this as him wanting to be fed, but Kelly points out that there are another ten minutes to go.   
“I can’t stay here listening to him cry,” Anita protests, but Kelly is confident that it will be worth it in the end.
"The gluten-free food is going down well"
“You need a distraction,” Kelly suggests, “Tell me what’s happening in the café.”   She is told that it is quite busy, and the gluten-free food is going down quite well, as is the vegan soup.   
"Let me pick him up, Kelly"
Anita begs to be allowed to pick him up, 
Kelly gives in . . .
and Kelly agrees;  
. . . and he is soon contentedly in her arms
as soon as she passes him to Kelly, he immediately calms down.
“You see, he recognises his mother,” comments Anita, “Why don’t you forget your routine today, eh?” 
"I've only just started it, Auntie Anita"
but Kelly is quite determined that she has just started it.   
"He needs love, not a stopwatch!"
Her auntie insists that the little thing needs love, not a stopwatch;  “That bond between a mother and her son – well – there’s nothing like it.   And after all this time, you’re a mother.   Don’t let anything spoil that now – and I’m going to make a bottle.”   
He appears to be getting plenty of love
Kelly looks adoringly at her son.