25 November 2019

Sara is talking to Dylan
Sara is talking to Dylan in the café;  he leans forward to kiss her, 
"I meant that I said about cooling things down"
but she rebukes him, “I meant what I said earlier about cooling things down.”   He wishes her good luck for today.
"Let me have that, Kelly"
Anita tells off Kelly for bringing the baby in his car seat downstairs on her own, and describes him as, “My favourite little boy in the whole wide world!”   
"I'm going to register him"
Kelly warns her not to make a fuss, as he is sleeping, and announces that she is going to register him.   “Why didn’t you say?   Ill have to come with you!” fusses Anita.
Kelly chides her auntie
“You have a go at me for not going – and then for going!   I can’t win!” Kelly smiles.   
"I can remember when you were that size"
Sara tells Ifan that she can remember him when he was that size, and remarks that the time goes so quickly.   “Not with sleepless nights, it doesn’t,” complains Kelly.   
"I'm not saying until it's official"
Sara wants to know what the name of the baby will be, but Kelly is remaining tight-lipped, explaining that she is not saying until it is official.   
"Not quite my size, Auntie Anita"
Anita brings her a little garment, which Kelly maintains is not quite her size;  “Iolo and Tyler bought it, so he can wear it when they renew their vows,” Anita explains.
Sara carries the car seat
Kelly must go now or she will be late, and the baby will miss his next feed.   Sara helps by carrying the car seat.
"Good morning, Tesni!'
Mathew comes into the shop flat and wishes Tesni good morning;  “It’s not fair – the whole weekend together, and I have to go to work this afternoon!” he moans.
"Now I'm living here, I shall be here when you come home every day"
Tesni reminds him that now she lives there, he knows that she will be there when he comes home, every day;  
They kiss
they kiss.
"It's only junk mail!"
Gerwyn arrives home at number 10, having forgotten his lunch box again this morning;  Jaclyn tells him she has some junk mail which she is about to throw away, 
"This one's addressed to Tesni"
but he notices that it is addressed to Tesni.   
"She doesn't live here any more!"
“She doesn’t live here any more,” Jaclyn snarls, “She should have redirected her mail.”
"You said you wanted her to go to University"
He points out that the post is from the University of Manchester, and reminds Jaclyn she wanted Tesni to go to university;  “It doesn’t matter what I wanted,” she growls, but Gerwyn will take it over to her now.   
"You can take all her washing as well!'
Jaclyn gives him all Tesni’s washing as well, and then angrily storms out of the back door.
"Come to work, Jim!"
At APD, Diane is on the phone;  “Jim, its me – again!   Phone me back – or even better, come to work!”   Jason asks if he is ill, and she replies, “He will be, if he doesn’t hurry up!”
"I'm going to meet Sara and Ifan"
Jason advises that he can help with the work they are doing in the gym later, but he is meeting Sara and Ifan now;  
"You said I needed to fight for her"
“You said I needed to fight for her,” he says.   
"Don't you think it's too late now?"
Diane thinks that it is rather too late now, 
"I'm just giving her some space"
but he explains that he is just doing what Sara wants him to do – giving her space to work things out.   “In the end, you never know,” he says, 
"Well, don't expect too much"
but his mother answers that he should not expect too much.
"Here's a letter for you, and your washing"
Tesni is surprised to see her father, who has brought the letter, and her washing, to the shop flat;  
Mathew will sort out the washing
Mathew will go and sort out the wet washing.   
"I'm really happy, Dad!"
Tesni informs her father that things are great, and she is really happy;  “I can do what I want, and things with Math are great!”   
"It's not the same at home without you"
He says that things are not the same at home without her, but she reminds him that she would be moving out sometime.   “Well, if you do change your mind . . .” Gerwyn adds, 
She gives her Dad a hug
and she gives him a hug.   Mathew is loading the washing in the machine to spin dry, 
"You've got him well-trained"
and her father comments that she has him well-trained.  
"Behave, I said!"
Gerwyn leaves, telling them to behave. 
"He's a very content baby"
Kelly arrives at the registry office, and the registrar remarks that the baby is very content;  “I’m sure that you’ve read what I sent out,” he says, and Kelly has indeed brought the relevant documents.   
"I'll go and make a copy of this"
He will go to make a copy, and invites her to sit down.   
The baby is sleeping peacefully . . .
The baby is still sleeping peacefully, 
. . . but Kelly is not feeling very peaceful
but Kelly appears to be uneasy.
Jason plays 'peep-bo' with Ifan
Jason has come to meet Sara and Ifan in the café, and is playing ‘peep-bo’ with Ifan;  “You haven’t come here just to play, have you?” scolds Sara, 
"We need a routine for Ifan"
“Jason, we should discuss having an arrangement in place – you know, a routine for Ifan.”   
"So I know when I'm allowed to play with my own son"
He regards it as some kind of schedule, so that he knows when he is allowed to play with his own son.
"This is not easy for me, either"
Sara holds his hand as she points out that this is not easy for her either.   
"What if we say once a fortnight to start with?"
“What if we say once a fortnight to start with – yeah?” she suggests, 
"And we could all meet up every week"
and he comes up with the idea that the three of them should meet up once a week as well.   He asks if Ifan thinks that is a good idea, but Sara is less keen.
"And what is the father's name?"
The registrar has entered the mother’s details on the computer, then asks what is the father’s name;  
"I don't know who he is"
after a pause, Kelly replies, “I don’t know who he is,” and it is explained that will be no problem.   
"The only thing left is to give him an official name"
“Then the only thing left to do is to give this little one an official name,” says the registrar;  Kelly initially appears confused 
The first name that presents itself to her is on his name tag
but then she notices his name badge, 
"Paul, with the surname Evans"
and chooses the name Paul, then the surname Evans.   A look of confusion crosses her face, as he goes to fetch a copy of the certificate.
He is quite oblivious to all this
Kelly looks down at her baby, 
"You're all official now, Paul Evans"
and whispers, “There you go  – you’re all official now, Paul Evans.”
Jason takes refuge in drink
Jason is having a quiet drink in the Deri when his mother comes in and asks Dani if Jason is there;  
"Over there – and he's not on his first pint!"
“He’s over there – and he’s not on his first pint,” Diane is told.   
"So this is where you are"
She tells Jason to shift up and sits by him;  
"Things went badly with Sara, did they?"
he reveals that he has not done any work at the gym, so she assumes that things must have gone badly with Sara.
"Every other weekend, Mam!"
“Every other weekend, Mam – that’s how often I get to see my own son,” he groans.
"Does the little boy have a name?"
Kelly returns to the café flat, and Anita is anxious to discover, “Does the little boy have a name?   You have registered him, haven’t you?”   
"Of course I registered him – I'm not totally useless!"
Kelly replies that of course she has – she is not totally useless, 
"Well, what is it?"
and after a moment’s hesitation, 
"Paul"
explains that his name is Paul, wondering if that is a problem.   
Paul is becoming a little more active
Paul is by now becoming more restless.
"You shouldn't have any more, either"
Jason invites his mother to stay for a drink, but she does not want one, and is of the opinion that he should not have any more, either.   
But Gerwyn has already brought him one
However, Gerwyn has just brought him another one, 
"Tomorrow I start playing by Sara's rules"
and Jason explains, “Today I get drunk, and tomorrow I start playing this game by Sara’s rules.”
Gerwyn appreciates that this is all his brother-in-law’s fault, but Jason says, “From what I’ve heard, things have cooled right down there.”   Diane has been told that Tesni has moved in with Mathew, and Gerwyn hopes that it will only be temporarily;  
"Tesni's argued with her mother"
“She’s argued with her mother!”   Diane replies that at least they know where she is, and she goes back to APD.
Anita looks at the birth certificate
While Kelly makes herself a drink, Anita looks at the birth certificate;  
"I've always liked the name Paul"
“I like the name Paul – I always have done,” asserts Kelly, but she does not get the impression that her aunt likes it.   
"It's Biblical – Siôn will be thrilled"
Anita explains that she has had rather a shock, as she had no idea what Kelly was going to name him;  “It’s a good name – solid, Biblical – Siôn will be thrilled,” 
"I don't care!"
but Kelly makes it clear she does not care about that, then apologises, 
"I haven't had much sleep"
pointing out that she has not had much sleep.
“Do you want me to take him out for a walk, to give you some peace?” Anita asks, 
"I don't want him to be overstimulated"
but is told that he has been out once already today, and Kelly does not want him to be overstimulated, or he will not sleep tonight
“Even the bloke who registered him said he was a good boy,” she goes on, 
"Can I take the birth certificate, to start a savings account for him?"
and Anita agrees that he is a little angel.   She wants to take the birth certificate, so she can open a savings account for him at the bank, but Kelly would rather Anita did that another time, as she is seriously in need of some sleep.
Anita wishes Paul, “Ta-ta,” and leaves the flat.   
Kelly looks f irst at the certificate . . .
Kelly looks at the birth certificate 
. . . then at Paul himself
and then at her son, who is, as usual, sleeping peacefully.   
She turns to the laptop . . .
She sits down in front of the laptop, which is displaying a page explaining the adoption process.   
. . . and clicks on 'Having your child adopted'
She clicks on the section, ‘Having your child adopted’.
"Kelly's rather sensitive at the moment, Dani"
Anita has gone to the Deri, where she advises Dani to be careful when visiting Kelly, as she is rather sensitive;  Dani is pleased that she now knows what name to put on the card, but is told that Kelly might be sleeping at the moment.
"He's a good brother, I suppose . . ."
Jason and Gerwyn are still drinking and talking;  “Jaclyn and Dylan are so close, she cannot see his faults,” Gerwyn explains, “He’s a good brother, I suppose, 
". . . but Dylan treats women like dirt!"
“but he treats women like dirt – he gets bored.”   
"Sara might have seen sense at last"
Jason thinks that perhaps Sara might have seen sense at last, and at that moment, Dylan comes in, just as Gerwyn adds, “He’s not keen on women who have children.”
"Can I get you two a drink?"
Dylan offers them a drink, 
Jason seems to be developing a hatred of Dylan
and Jason looks suspiciously at him.
Dani arrives at the café flat, and is hushed by Kelly, as Paul is sleeping;  
"Where did you get the name?"
“Well, where did you get the name?   Is it a friend, someone in the family – or someone famous – like Paul McCartney?   Or Paul Gascoigne – no, not him!” Dani enquires.
"The name of the bloke who registered him was Paul"
“Do you really want to know?” Kelly replies very seriously, “The name of the bloke who registered him was Paul – I just saw the name tag and . . .”
This surprises Dani
Dani is rendered speechless, and Kelly goes on, “Paul’s surname is Evans, before you ask.”   Dani says that makes sense, 
"I didn't want to burden hm with Ed's name"
and Kelly adds, “And I didn’t put Ed’s name on the birth certificate, because I don’t want to burden him with that.”
"You're doing what's right for you and him"
Dani I can see that she is doing what is right for the baby and her;  
"I'm putting him up for adoption"
“That’s his name, for now,” Kelly says, “I’m putting him up for adoption.”   
"You can't do that, Kelly!"
Dani is astonished, arguing that she cannot do that, but Kelly’s mind appears to be made up.
“Look, every new mother thinks they can’t cope at the start,” Dani points out, 
"I remember it was difficult with Seren"
“I remember how it was with Seren – it was really difficult.”   
Kelly is quite adamant that she is coping, and has given him the best possible start;  “But I don’t want to give him the best possible start – 
"I want to give him the best possible life"
 “I want to give him the best possible life!   Everyone here knows his father was a murderer – I can’t do that to him.”
This is very upsetting for Dani
Dani is very upset, and agrees that Kelly has had a terrible start, but simply needs time to bond with her baby.   “I have bonded – the bond is overwhelming, like!” Kelly snarls, 
"I'm doing the right thing!"
but insists, “I’m doing the right thing – I’m doing the right thing!’
"But you carried him and gave birth to him!"
Dani is in tears as she reminds Kelly that she was able to carry him and give birth to him, but Kelly says that it is completely different to her situation;  
"So he can be bullied and abused like Aaron?"
“Why does he need his mother?   For what?   So he can be bullied and abused like Aaron?   No way!”
"I can't believe you're doing this, Kelly!"
Dani cannot believe that she is doing this, but Kelly stresses that she really appreciates everything Dani has done; 
"Seriously, I'm doing the best thing for him!"
“Seriously, I’m doing the right thing for him, Dani!” but she runs out of the flat in tears.
Kelly returns to the adoption website
Kelly reopens the laptop, 
. . . then looks across at Paul
then looks across at Paul.
Dylan leaves the Deri
Dylan comes out of the Deri, and so does Jason;  
Dylan knows he is being followed . . .
Dylan realises that he is being followed, 
. . . and lays wait in the alley
and confronts Jason in the alley.   
"I know what kind of bloke you are!"
“I know what kind of bloke you are,” Jason informs him, 
"Stay away from Sara and Ifan!"
“And I’m warning you now, stay away from Sara and Ifan!”
"She's tried – she can't help herself!"
Dylan boasts that Sara has tried to stay away from him;  “But she can’t – she can’t help herself – she loves it!”   Jason goes for him, 
Dylan easily overpowers him . . .
but Dylan soon manages to overpower him, 
. . . and Jason is forced to the ground
forcing him to the ground.   “Well done, Jason – I didn’t think you had it in you,” he sneers,
He is lucky that Beti did not witness this
“Now then, I’m going to let you get up, and I’m going to walk away – all right?”   
Dylan gives Jason a parting kick
He gives Jason a final kick as he leaves.
Jason is in some pain
Jason is in some pain with his shoulder as Dylan swaggers away.