6 November 2019 (1st)

The villagers survey the alleged 'Banksy'
Colin and Britt are being interviewed by Hywel about the graffiti on the wall;  
"Did you see Banksy?"
“Did you see Banksy?” they are asked, but Colin says that it must have happened in the middle of the night, embroidering the story that he and Britt were watching some rubbish on television.
"The old woman who looks for bad people – Mrs Marple!"
“What’s it called?   The old woman who looks for bad people – Mrs Marple,” he rambles on, and Britt adds that they did not notice until the morning, and by then the paint had dried.
"What do you think of the 'Banksy', then?"
When Hywel wonders what Colin thinks of the ‘Banksy’, he replies, “Well, it’s a bear – a massive polar bear!”   
"It draws attention to the environment"
Britt interrupts to propose that it is an interesting piece of art – a political piece that draws attention to the environment.   She makes sure to add a plug for the shop;  “It’s on the wall outside Cwmderi’s chip shop – 
"We're open every lunchtime and evening this week!"
“we’re open every lunchtime and evening this week – they’re Wales’ best chips, and reasonably priced!”   Hywel thinks it wise to wind up the conversation at this point;  
"We did well there, didn't we?"
Colin and Britt congratulate each other on their performance.
"I'll pick you up to go to that dinner tonight"
Hywel sees Gaynor across the road, and goes over to talk to her;  “I’ll pick you up to go to the Apêl Maenan dinner tonight.”   
"I don't really feel like going, Hywel!"
She does not really feel like going, but again he mentions that the director of education will be there, and that it will be fun, so she reluctantly agrees.
Gwen is not on duty today, and Siôn is stressed
Siôn is very busy in the café, and hopes that he can rely on Anita to give him a hand, 
"I've got to get the flat ready for Kelly!"
but she is determined that she has to get the flat ready for Kelly.   
"There's work I should be doing"
Siôn has translation work that he should be doing, but she is completely inflexible, insisting that she has to use certain products to clean, which will not harm the baby;  
She has to use chemical-free cleaners
she has lemons, vinegar and bicarb, which she describes as a chemical-free way of cleaning.   She angrily insists that she will not be long, and stalks off upstairs, much to Siôn’s disgust.
Sara comes out of the door of Tapas 
Sara leaves Tapas, and as she walks round the corner meets Dylan;  she informs him she has finished the accounts.   
"I want to explain about yesterday"
She also wants to explain about yesterday, 
"I'm glad that things between you and Jason are better"
but he replies, “I’m glad things between you and Jason are better.”   
Careful, or Gwen will see you!
She is afraid that Diane knows about them, but he thinks she is worrying about nothing, and advises her, “Concentrate on working things out with Jason – he’s your husband!”
Anita thinks of Siôn as her servant
Siôn is cleaning tables in the café when Anita comes down and asks if he can make her a sandwich.   
"I've worked the lunchtime shift alone . . ."
“I’ve worked the lunchtime shift alone, I’ve got lots of work to do, and I have to interview Colin about that blinkin’ bear!” he snarls, 
". . . I can't do everything!"
“I know that you have been working as well, but I can’t do everything!”
She decides she will have to make it herself, 
"Don't take it out on me"
and he appreciates that she has a lot on her plate with Kelly coming home;  “But don’t take it out on me,” he says.
"You're childish – everything doesn't revolve around you!"
She describes him as, “Childish!   Everything doesn’t revolve around you, you know!”
Sara cannot keep away
Sara cannot resist going to the door of number 10, where Dylan answers;  
"I know I'm not supposed to be here"
“I know I’m not supposed to be here,” she admits, “But I had to!”   He lets her into the house, hoping that no-one has noticed.
"Yes, that should be OK, Siôn"
Britt is on the phone, arranging for Siôn to interview Colin for Cwm Ni;  
Colin does not want another interview
he is not sure about that after what happened with Hywel.   She is unable to do it, as she will be in the chip shop.   Colin protests that he does not know anything about art, 
"Look it up on the Internet, Col"
so is told to look it up on the Internet.
"You did the right thing – ending things"
Dylan tells Sara, “You did the right thing – ending things in the hospital.   Jason’s a good man – and you don’t know me, Sara.   Go home to your husband!”
"Why are you being like this?"
She demands why he is being like this, 
"Because you're married"
and he points out, “Because you’re married and I don’t want to come between you – Jason is a friend.”
"That hasn't stopped you before"
“That hasn’t stopped you before,” she responds, but he says that it should have done, and he regrets it.   “Right – so I was just a bit of fun, was I?” she asks, and he replies that he thought that is what it was – someone with whom to have a thrill, before going home to her family.
She has a feeling of guilt
Sara’s face falls, and he goes on, “Exactly – so don’t come over here and have a go at me!”   
"I've tried with Jason, but all I think about is you"
Sara goes to sit by him and assures him that she has tried with Jason;  “But when I’m with him, all I can think about is you.   
"You mean more to me"
“It’s so hard, carrying on as if nothing’s wrong – you mean more to me.”
The kiss is rudely interrupted . . .
She is in the process of kissing him 
. . . by the arrival of Jaclyn
when the door opens and Jaclyn walks in;  
"I was just leaving"
Sara says that she was just leaving.   
Jaclyn waits for an explanation
Jaclyn looks suspiciously at her brother.
Gaynor prepares for her evening out
As Gaynor is preparing for her evening out, Hywel arrives with a bottle of wine; “Things aren’t starting until 8:00pm – I’m very grateful to you for agreeing to come tonight,” he tells her, “It’s no fun going to these things on your own.”   Gaynor replies that she has reports to read by next week, 
"You should learn to enjoy yourself"
but he maintains she can do that over the weekend, and that she should learn to enjoy herself.
"We'll have a glass of wine before we go"
“We’ll have a glass of wine before we go – we’re getting a taxi.   
"When was the last time you had a night out?"
When was the last time you had a night out?” he enquires, but she warns him that she is not going to overdo things, 
The first stage in Casanova Llywelyn's plan
“as she has school tomorrow.
"It's just a few simple questions"
Siôn assures Colin that they are only simple questions.   
The anticipated surge in chippy customers seems to have materialised
Britt arrives on the scene, as the shop has run out of potatoes, and has only been open for one and a half hours;  she has popped in to get the suppliers book.
"Are you recording this?"
Siôn turns on the recorder, explaining to Colin that it is easier for him to do that, as he can quote Colin properly in the article in Cwm Ni.   
"Sosban Chips has had a lot of excitement this week"
“Sosban Chips has been at the heart of quite a lot of excitement this week,” he begins.
"At first, it reminded me of a children's cartoon"
“Well, when I first saw it, it reminded me of a children’s cartoon,” Colin replies, “But after thinking about it, and studying it, it felt like a very emotive piece – 
"A penetrating piece of art"
“a penetrating piece of art that’s stayed true to Banksy’s unique style.”
Britt is full of admiration
Britt, who is listening to this, seems quite impressed by Colin’s performance, 
"A sarcastic statement about a political issue"
as he continues, “It’s a simple image that makes a sarcastic statement about a political issue – global warming.”
"I can see you're a fan of art"
Siôn can see that Colin is rather a fan of art, and he confirms that he loves street art;  
"It's urban, isn't it?"
“It’s urban, isn’t it?   It’s much more powerful than the art that sits in a gallery.”
"Congratulations on your good news . . ."
Siôn remembers something else;  “Congratulations – it was nice to read about your good news in the Western Post this morning.”   Colin does not know what he is talking about, 
". . . the best chip shop in the Gwendraeth Valley"
so Siôn elaborates, “Sosban Chips has been nominated for a special award – the best chip shop in the Gwendraeth valley.”
"That's fantastic!"
Britt, who is still eavesdropping, finds this very interesting, and calls the news, “Fantastic!”
"It has gone to my head already, Hywel"
Hywel and Gaynor arrive at the charity function;  she complains that she has drunk too much already, and it has gone to her head.   
He gives her something else to drink
Hywel’s answer to that is to hand her another glass.   
"I'm only drinking orange juice, Hywel"
Megan welcomes them, and insists that she is drinking only orange juice;  
"Don't drink too much before you make your big speech"
“You’d better not drink too much before you make your big speech,” she advises Hywel.   This comes as a shock to him, as he had completely forgotten that Megan had asked him to give the Annual Lecture.   She admits that she used to be a nervous wreck before speaking in front of people.
"I'm not making any speech, Megan!"
Hywel insist that he is not making a speech, but she points out that his name is down on the programme.   “You’ll have to think of something to say pretty sharpish!” she adds.   
The headmistress springs to the rescue
Gaynor tells him not to panic, and they will write something now;  she is sure that it will not take them long.
"Dylan!"
Jaclyn returns home and calls for Dylan;  “The chip shop was closed – will curry be all right?   Everyone else is out – 
"I thought we'd have a takeway and watch a film"
“I thought we’d have a takeaway and watch a film.”   He knows why she is doing this, 
"Shut up and get the plates"
but she tells him to shut up and get the plates.
Thanks to Gaynor, Hywel makes a good impression . . .
Hywel is just concluding his speech;  “As I’ve always said, we can accomplish anything in our community if we support each other.”   
. . . and is applauded by the audience
He is given a round of applause, and Gaynor says that it was not bad at all.   
"All the praise should go to Gaynor"
Megan regards it as an excellent speech, but Hywel admits that the praise should go to Gaynor – he would have been completely lost without her.
Megan describes them as, “The Obamas of Cwmderi!” then tells Gaynor that she read in the Western Post recently 
"There's a local shortage of magistrates"
that there is a shortage of magistrates, and she thought that Gaynor would be perfect for the rôle.   
"I'm very busy with the school"
“I’ve never considered that,” Gaynor replies, but Hywel thinks that it would suit her.   “I’m very busy with the school,” she explains, and then Megan has to go and draw the raffle.
"I'll go and get another champagne"
Meanwhile, Hywel is attempting to ply Gaynor with more champagne, as he says that he owes her one for that speech.
Anita is all ready to welcome Kelly home
In the café flat, Anita has put up ‘Welcome Home’ banner, 
"Kelly will be over the moon"
and Siôn predicts that Kelly will be over the moon;  he has brought a gift for the baby – a light, as Kelly mentioned that she wanted one.   
"Aah – that's lovely, Siôn!"
Anita thinks that it is lovely.
"I just miss you, Anita"
“I know that Kelly is your priority, but I just miss you,” Siôn confesses, “You have the patience of a saint – I don’t know how you put up with me.”   
"No, neither do I!"
She agrees that she does not know, either, but she would not change him for the world, 
She nevertheless hugs him
and they hug.
Gaynor and Hywel appear to be in high spirits
It appears that Gaynor and Hywel are enjoying themselves, and Megan thinks it is time she left to go and have a cup of Horlicks before bed, 
"Don't forget that magistrates business"
but reminds Gaynor about the magistrates business.   Gaynor considers that it is rather late and asks Hywel to phone for a taxi.
Jaclyn pauses the film
At number 10, Jaclyn pauses the film, and Dylan asks, “You won’t tell anyone, will you?”   She wants to know what is going on, 
"Before you say anything, I've ended it"
and he replies, “Before you say anything, I’ve ended it – I don’t want anyone else to find out.   
"The village would be after me if they found out"
“The village would be after me if they found out.”
"We don't want to fall out with her family"
Jaclyn reminds him, “She has a lot of family here, and we don’t want to fall out with them.   I’m glad you saw sense and stopped it before it went too far – this time!   
"At least Zoë was single"
“You have to stop chasing these married women, Dyl!   There are plenty of pretty single women around – I know I wasn’t a big fan of Zoë, but at least she was single.   You could settle down with her.”
"I don't like staying with the same woman for long"
“But you know me, Jac – I don’t like staying with the same woman for long,” he answers.
Sara looks fed up
At Bryntirion, Sara sits on the sofa, 
She gives the guidebook a cursory glance, then discards it
looks at the Paris guidebook, then throws it down.
Hywel is now pouring some brandy
Gaynor and Hywel have arrived back at Llwyncelyn, and she tells him to pour out some brandy;  he reminds her that she has school in the morning, but she is convinced that another small one that will not do any harm.
"I'm glad you came with me tonight"
He is very glad that she came with him tonight, 
"At least I know how to write speeches"
and she concedes that she may be a boring person who never goes out, but at least she knows how to write speeches.   She maintains that he did a very good job of reading it.
“When I’m a big politician one-day, will you still write my speeches?” he asks, and she says that she did very well to make him sound clever.   
"All you did was step on my feet!"
“All you did while we were dancing was step on my feet!” he complains.
"All you need to do is follow the beat"
Then he turns on some music and says that he will teach her to dance;  “All you need to do is follow the beat,” he explains, and begins to gyrate in a manner which she describes as ‘Dad Dancing’.
"I dance like John Travolta!"
He boasts that he dances like John Travolta, but Gaynor quips, “More like John Major!” and turns off the music.   
"Finish your brandy and go home, Hywel"
She tells him that it is late – he should finish his brandy and go home.   
We all know where this is going to lead . . .
Then, for some inexplicable reason, she kisses him.