20 November 2019 (1st)

"What has the dentist just told you?"
Gwern is helping himself to some sweets, but is reprimanded by Garry;  “What has the dentist just told you?” he demands, “I’ll take you back to school,” 
"Spoilsport!"
and Dani calls him a spoilsport.
Garry continues that Gwern will be going to Tapas with Mam for a treat, 
"I'm not going!"
but he replies, “You, perhaps – I’m not going!”
"There are some lovely names in here, Siôn"
Anita has discovered the baby names book, and tells Siôn that the baby will soon have a name;  “There are some lovely ones – Gwydion, Gruffydd, Mabon – and Twm,” which she particularly likes.
"Where did you get that?"
Kelly comes in and asks, “Where did you get that?” grabs the book and looks very angry.   
"There are some great names there, Kelly"
Siôn comments that she has some lovely names there, but she furiously insists, “They’re not my choices, Siôn!   
"I don't want to see that book ever again!"
“It’s not all right – I don’t want to see that book ever again!”   
"She was doing so well"
Anita and Siôn are left rather disturbed;  “She was doing so well, wasn’t she?” Anita groans, 
"She'll have to choose a name and register him soon"
but Siôn points out that she will have to choose a name before long, and register him – as she does not want a fine.   
Kelly is listening to their conversation
Kelly is just outside the door, listening to this.
"Izzy has been called in to work"
Eifion has made himself at home in Llwyncelyn, and explains to Gaynor that he has a day off, but Izzy has been called in to work.   
"And you're still here because . . ?"
“And you’re still here because . . ?” she wonders;  he says that he is avoiding Jim.
He is trying to avoid Jim
“Is he still angry because someone reported him to the police?” Gaynor continues, “But they were only trying to do the right thing.”   He assumes that she is practising to be a Justice of the Peace, and attempting to strike a balance.   
"Why do you want to be a JP, anyway?"
He enquires why she wants to become a JP, and she replies that she wants to do her bit for society.
“You should have seen some of the blokes in jail with me – I wouldn’t want to face them,” he says, 
"I'm pretty tough – as I told Hywel"
but Gaynor maintains that she is pretty tough, as she was telling Hywel earlier.   “Oh – less than five minutes – a new record!” he announces, 
"Any chance to mention Mr Llywelyn . . ."
“Any chance to mention that Mr Llywelyn, and you’re there like a shot!   You don’t realise you’re doing it, but I do.”   Gaynor calls him an idiot, and does not know how Izzy puts up with him;  he simply carries on eating his crisps.
"Did you know Kelly was back?"
Garry and Dani are in the café;  “Did you know that Kelly was back?” Garry asks, but she tells him not to worry, as she will not be going to see her;  she needs a bit of space from them, and emphasises that they need to concentrate on Gwern – 
"We've got another little 'project', haven't we?"
as well as their other ‘little project’.
“According to this app I’ve got, we should have an early night tonight,” she suggests, 
"Oh, how romantic!"
and he sarcastically describes it as very romantic.   She assures him, “Everyone trying for a baby uses trackers – everything helps.”   
He is pleased to see Dani smiling
She smiles, and he is glad to see her happy.
"I'm sorry for kicking off, Auntie Anita!"
In the café flat, Kelly apologises for her earlier outburst;  “I’m sorry for kicking off!” 
"It's at the bottom of the recycling pile"
and Anita confirms that the book is at the bottom of the recycling pile.   
"Out of sight, out of mind"
“Out of sight – out of mind,” mutters Kelly, 
"Shall we organise a trip to register the baby?"
and Anita proposes that they organise a trip to register the baby, as the clock is ticking.   Kelly is obviously not keen, but says she will phone to make an appointment.
"There are a couple on the shortlist"
Anita goes on that she must think about a name, and Kelly admits that there are a couple on the shortlist, but refuses to give any more details;  
"Never you mind!"
“Never you mind – I haven’t made a final decision yet!”   Anita pleads for at least the first letter, 
"It begins with 'X' – now go and check on Siôn"
and Kelly tells her, “X – now go and check on Siôn downstairs!”   
"Here's your phone"
She asks Anita to pass over her phone.
"Come over, please!"
As soon as she is alone, she makes a phone call;  “Come over, please!”
"Where's Gwern, then?"
Gwyneth is waiting in Tapas when Garry arrives, and is surprised to see that Gwern is not with him;  
"He insisted on staying with Britt in the chip shop"
“He insisted on staying with Britt in the chip shop, and I couldn’t persuade him,” Garry informs her.
"He hates me, Garry!'
“He hates me!” she wails, and Garry asks the waiter for a couple of lagers;  he sits down at the table with Gwyneth.
Anita is overprotective, and tells Dani that she has had a wasted journey;  “Kelly does not want to see anyone!”   
"It's all right, I invited Dani over"
Kelly, however, points out that she invited Dani to come over, and Anita is suitably placated.   
"I was hoping we could catch up"
The two would like to have a catch-up, in private, so Anita leaves them, 
"There's a lemon drizzle cake here"
reminding them that she has brought a lemon drizzle cake.
"I've let him down already!"
Kelly confesses, “I can’t do it – I can’t do this!   A few weeks in, and I’ve let him down already.”   
"It's not like that, Kel"
Dani assures her that it is not like that, and that she is amazing;  
"You've just had a major op"
she has just had a major op, and she is shattered, but Kelly replies that it is not what it is.
"This is not how things were supposed to be"
Dani continues, “It’s only natural that you’re struggling – this isn’t how things were supposed to be.   
"The plan was to be a family of three"
“When you did that pregnancy test, and bought that cute babygro, you were just excited.   The plan was to be a family of three, wasn’t it?   But you know, sometimes life doesn’t work like that – it goes off-track.   
"You have to accept that it's just you and him"
“What you have to do now is accept that.   You have to accept that it’s just you and him.”
The baby cries
The baby begins crying, 
"Kelly?"
but although Dani prompts her, 
"I can't, Dani!"
Kelly cannot bring herself to go to him;  
Dani comforts the baby . . .
Dani picks up the baby and comforts him, 
. . . while Kelly is in tears
while Kelly sits with tears in her eyes.
"I expect your ears have been burning"
When Hywel walks into the Deri, Eifion wonders if his ears have been burning, and he assumes that Jim is now blaming him;  
"Everyone else has had it from Jim!"
“Everyone else has had it from him!”
Eifion points out that he is referring to Gaynor, where his name comes up very often;  
"It's easy to rekindle an old flame"
“You know what they say, don’t you – it’s easy to rekindle an old flame!” Eifion stresses, 
"We've run out of matches!'
but Hywel maintains that he and Gaynor have run out of matches.   “I don’t know – I think if you asked her out, she’d be there like a shot,” is Eifion’s verdict.   This makes Hywel think.
"If we try and persuade him . . ."
Garry advises Gwyneth, “Don’t give up – right?   If we work together, and try to persuade him . . .”   
"That's not fair on Gwern"
She argues that is not fair on Gwern;  if he does not want to see her, she must accept that, for the moment, anyway.
Garry reminds her that he is her son, 
'We're putting too much pressure on him"
but she replies, “We’re putting too much pressure on him – he didn’t want to come away with me for a weekend, and what do I do?   Try and force him to come out for dinner – we have to step back,” 
"You mean giving up?"
which Garry takes to mean giving up.   She explains, “Give him room to breathe.   I shall go away.”
“After all the arguments over him, you’re running away?” Garry demands, “That won’t help!” but she says that is not what she is doing.   
"If there's nobody to hassle him about seeing me . . ."
If Gwern knows she is not there, and nobody is going to hassle him about seeing her, he will settle down.
"And then?"
“And then?” Garry asks;  she hopes that when she comes back, perhaps he will be in a better place, so they can try again.   He wants to know where she will be going, 
"I want to meet up with some biker friends"
and she proposes meeting up with some biker friends;  this will be the perfect opportunity.   
"I'll look after Gwern"
Garry assures her that he will look after Gwern.
"Tell him I love him"
As she leaves, she reminds Garry, “Tell him I love him.”   
"Hiya – I need a favour"
Garry gets out his phone and makes a call;  “Hiya – it’s me.   I need a favour.”
"You have to look beyond Ed"
Dani warns Kelly that it is not going to be easy, but she has to look beyond Ed;  “You have to make room for the love you have for your son.”   
"I haven't even given him a name!"
Kelly groans that she has not even given him a name;  Auntie Anita is hassling her, but she just cannot face it.
"Don't let Anita push you into things, OK?"
Dani goes on, “Look, he’s three weeks old, so you have a bit of time left – but don’t let Anita push you into things, OK?”   Kelly says that people think it is weird that she has not named him.   
"People think you're weird, anyway!"
“People think you’re weird anyway, so it doesn’t matter!” jokes Dani, which brings a smile to Kelly’s face.
"You should be fuming, after everything you've been through"
“You should be fuming with me, after everything you’ve been through,” Kelly realises, 
"My miscarriage won't change the way you feel"
but Dani answers that her miscarriage will not change the way Kelly feels;  that is not the way it works.
“I promise, every day it will be easier,” she reassures Kelly, 
"Remember, I'm here for you"
“I had better go – Garry doesn’t even know I’m here – but remember, I’m here for you!   
Kelly tries to manage a smile
“Look after yourself, please.”
"OK, I'll see you tomorrow"
In the Deri, Hywel is arranging to meet someone tomorrow, and when Dani comes in, 
"How was the lemon drizzle cake?"
Anita asks her what the lemon drizzle cake was like;  she replies that it was lovely, and Kelly was on top from.   
"Kelly was born to be a mother"
As Anita enthuses that Kelly was born to be a mother, Dani apologises that she must be going upstairs.
"Will you be staying at Y Felin tonight?"
Siôn assumes that Anita will be staying at Y Felin tonight, but she has her doubts about that;  
"She only came out of hospital yesterday"
“She only came out of hospital yesterday.”   He praises her that she has been fantastic, and Kelly is lucky to have her, 
"Perhaps you should be taking a step back"
but perhaps she should be taking a step back now.
Gwern is engrossed in his game
Gwern is playing a shooting game when Garry comes in and asks him to pause it;  
"How many more times?   I don't want to see Mam!"
“How many more times?   I don’t want to see Mam!” Gwern shouts, and Garry enlightens him that she is going away to give him a break.   
He is pleased that his mother is going away
His reaction is, “Good!”
Garry reminds him that his mother loves him, and all she wants is for him to be happy.   Dani enquires how long she will be away, 
"Some warning would have been nice, Gar"
pointing out that some warning would have been nice.
"I'm not here to get my own back!"
Aaron comes in, hoping that they have some snacks, and Gwern wants to know why he is there.   “Hey, chill – I’m not here to get my own back,” Aaron tells him, “I’m not happy my little cousin pushed me – but I want to put it behind us.   
"Just don't do it again – it's embarrassing!"
“Just don’t do it again, because it’s embarrassing!   
"Really?"
“Shall we have a game?”
"You're behind this, aren't you?"
Dani deduces that Garry is behind this, and he wishes that every relationship was as easy to sort out;  
The battle is on
Aaron and Gwern are locked in combat on the screen.   
"I'll try my best to make sure we have a romantic evening"
“I’ll try my best to make sure we have a romantic evening later,” Garry promises.
"You haven't touched the lemon drizzle cake"
Anita and Siôn are back at the café flat, where Kelly is reprimanded for not touching the lemon drizzle cake;  Kelly says they were too busy gossiping, and Anita finds it strange that Dani said the cake was lovely.
"You haven't seen a dummy, have you?"
Kelly immediately changes the subject, asking if they have seen a dummy, which is soon located;  
"Thanks – you're a lifesaver!"
“You’re a lifesaver – neither of us would get any sleep without this,” she says.
Anita hesitantly advises that she thought she would stay at Y Felin tonight, and Kelly is all in favour of this, assuring Anita that she will be fine;  
"You were starting to annoy me, actually!"
“You were starting to annoy me, actually!”   She promises to phone if there is any problem, and Anita will be back first thing in the morning.
"I'm very proud of both of you"
“I’m very proud of both of you,” Anita adds, 
"Good night, gorgeous boy"
and says good night to the baby;  
When they have gone, Kelly does not look so composed
as they leave, Kelly looks apprehensive and frightened.   
The tears flow . . .
She gets up from the sofa 
. . . as she looks at her son
and weeps as she looks at her baby.
"You must be cheating!"
The computer game has reached its final stages, and Gwern wins, so Aaron accuses him of cheating.   
"He's better than me – it's not right!"
“He’s better than me – it’s not right!” he grumbles to Garry.   Gwern wants to get some crisps from the bar, and is instructed to take only one packet each, 
"Come on then, titch!"
“Come on then, titch!” says Aaron.
"Crisps before dinner?"
Dani accuses Garry of spoiling them with crisps before dinner, as she prepares the leeks;  
"You're angry that Gwyneth's left, aren't you?"
“You’re angry that Gwyneth’s left,” he says, but she denies this, 
"Kelly's desperate and really struggling"
and reveals that she went to see Kelly’s baby earlier, as she was desperate, and is really struggling.
"Remember  – we have our own little project"
He reminds her that they have their own little project now, but now she thinks they should not try tonight.   “I just thought that with Gwyneth away, Gwern needs us – what if I fell pregnant straightaway?   
"I can't be there for Gwern if I'm throwing up every morning"
“I can’t be there for Gwern if I’m throwing up every morning – and in bed before nine!”
He acknowledges that she may be right, 
"Leave me alone while I'm making food for the boys"
and she urges him to leave her alone while she is making food for the boys.
"Does Izzy always take so long in the shower?"
“Does Izzy always take so long in the shower?” asks Eifion, and Gaynor predicts that she will be a while yet.   
"Just pretend I'm not here"
Then Hywel comes visiting, and Eifion tells them to pretend he is not there.
"Oh – to boost the numbers?"
Hywel asks what Gaynor is doing tomorrow night, as he has a networking evening for local businesses, and would like to take someone along with him, to boost the numbers.   
"See you tomorrow night, then"
She agrees, without enthusiasm, to go with him, and he leaves again.
"That will be so boring!"
Eifion says that it may be fun, but she anticipates that it will be boring.   
"I can't think of anything worse!"
As he waits before going out of the door, Hywel smiles to hear her words, “I can’t think of anything worse!”