7 November 2019

Garry is making Gwern’s lunch
Garry is preparing Gwern’s lunchbox when Dani comes in and insists that she will take him to school and drop off Seren at nursery;  
“I’m trying to say sorry, Gar”
“I’m trying to say sorry, Gar,” she goes on, “So are we OK?”   
"Yes, we're OK"
Garry confirms that they are, she kisses him, 
"Gwern, Seren – time to go!"
then shouts for Gwern and Seren.
"Do you think Kelly would like a smoothie?"
In the café, Anita asks Siôn whether he thinks Kelly would like a smoothie, 
"You took her tea and a bacon sandwich less than an hour ago"
and he points out that she was taken a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich less than an hour ago;  “She would appreciate a bit of peace,’ he suggests.   Anita protests that she is only trying to help, but Siôn stresses, “Kelly needs some time alone with the baby, as she has been so busy since the birth and needs time to settle in.”
"There's a gorgeous baby up there I want to cwtch"
“It’s so frustrating, knowing there’s a gorgeous baby up there I want to cwtch,” she replies, 
DJ issues explicit instructions for his sandwich
then DJ comes in for a bacon sandwich; he requires plenty of butter and no margarine.
"I thought this was a café, not an office"
He sees Siôn with his laptop and comments, “I thought this was a café, not an office.”   Siôn explains that he is there in case Anita needs help with Kelly or the new baby.   
"It's better to take time and pick the perfect name"
“How is the baby?” DJ asks, “Has he got a name yet?”   Anita says that it is better to take time and pick the perfect name, rather than rushing in and then regretting it.   
"I suppose you're just calling him 'Baby' then?"
DJ supposes that they are just calling him, “Baby,” in that case.
Siôn answers that they call him all sort of things;  “Little one, love, Mami’s little treasure – you know what people are like with babies.   
"Anita's head over heels with that baby"
“Anita’s head over heels with that baby – she’s like a lioness.”
Debbie looks very seriously . . .
In number 9, Debbie is looking at the 
. . . at the divorce application form
‘Application for a Divorce’ form;  she sighs, picks up her phone and sends a message to Mark.   
She invites Mark to lunch at the Deri
He reads, “Lunch in the Deri at 1:00?” and looks thoughtful.
"Don't you start – I'm in a bad mood!"
DJ finds Tesni in the shop and tells her off for not being at school;  “Don’t you start,” she grumbles, “I’m in a bad mood – everyone’s going on about university, but I’m not sure I want to go.”
"All they do is drink and eat junk food"
DJ was under the impression that all they do is drink and eat junk food, 
"I'd prefer to earn some money"
but she thinks she would prefer to find a job and earn money rather than getting into debt.   He says that is what he did, 
"I hope you're not staying around because of Mathew"
but hopes she is not staying around because of Mathew.
She reminds him that they are going to meet in the shop flat tonight to watch films, something which DJ had forgotten.   “I’ve found the perfect film,” she announces, “About an American drug dealer who is also a police officer – I don’t remember what it’s called.”
"I don't think Sioned would want to watch it"
DJ does not think they can watch that;  “I just don’t think Sioned would want to watch it,” he explains, “That’s not the sort of thing she wants to watch, all right?”
This intrigues Tesni 
Tesni is intrigued.
"Ah, lunch – I'm starving!"
Siôn sees Anita carrying a plate of food and assumes, “Ah, lunch – I’m starving,” but is informed that it is for Kelly.   She is said to need a lot of calories because she is breast-feeding, and Anita informs him that they will eat later.
"Do you have time before the meeting with Yr Antur?"
“Do you have time before the meeting with Yr Antur?   It’s on the calendar,” Siôn wonders, 
"Well, I shall have to cancel it"
and Anita concludes that she will have to cancel it, as Kelly’s needs must come first.
“Don’t cancel it – Kelly will be fine,” he assures her, 
"I shall be downstairs if she wants anything"
“I shall be downstairs if she wants anything,” 
He snaffles one of the chips
as he takes one of the chips from the plate, quite sure that Kelly will not eat all of them.   
"It's all right – I'll serve John"
Then John Post comes into the café, so Siôn will serve him.
Mark gives his order to Garry
Mark sits in the Deri, and orders ham, chips, eggs and peas twice, with bread and butter;  
"Debbie's on the way over"
“Debbie’s on the way over,” he tells Garry, 
"Are things better, then?"
who presumes that things must be better between them.   “No, we’re just meeting for lunch,” he is told, and at that moment, Debbie comes in.
"Have you heard from Ricky?"
She asks if he has heard from Ricky, 
"I was on the phone to him last night"
and Mark replies, “I was on the phone to him last night – he was going on a ‘golf crawl’ or something.   He seems to be enjoying himself.”
He did not ask about his mother
Debbie is disappointed that he did not ask about her, 
"You've just got to give him time, Debs"
and maintains that Ricky just needs some time, although she is not so sure about that.   
Mark goes to get the drinks
Mark goes to the bar for the drinks.
"I could sleep for days after all those chips"
Kelly has consumed all that plateful of food, and Anita points out that she obviously needs the energy;  “Energy?   I could sleep for days after all those chips!” Kelly replies, “I’m glad you’re going to be here for the Health Visitor.”
"Sorry, love, I won't be there"
She is disappointed to hear that Anita will not be there, as she has a meeting, which she cannot cancel, 
"I'll rearrange the appointment, then"
so Kelly will rearrange the appointment, as she does not want to be alone.   
"It's important you start doing things for yourself"
Anita urges her to have some confidence;  “It’s important that you start doing things for yourself as well.”   Kelly is not so sure.
"Your wife running off with another woman!"
At the bar of the Deri, DJ remarks to Garry, “I’d be furious if I was Mark – it’s embarrassing, isn’t it?   Your wife running off with another woman –  Gwyneth – they’re living together!”   
"You don't believe everything you hear, do you?"
Garry is surprised that he believes everything he hears, but DJ insists, “There’s no smoke without fire.”
"What's worse is that he thinks he's good!"
Debbie and Mark are getting on very well, with Mark mentioning Gerwyn’s lack of skill at darts;  “What is worse is that he thinks he is good!   I didn’t know what to say, 
"But he's good at listening and giving advice"
but he’s a good boy, Gerwyn – he’s good at listening, you know, and giving advice.”
"I'm glad you have someone to turn to"
Debbie is glad that he has someone to turn to, and Mark announces that he has been thinking;  
"If you want, we could take things slow"
“I miss you – so, if you want to, we could take things slow, meet up a few times, see how things go.”   
"I didn't think you could ever forgive me"
She did not think that Mark could ever forgive her. 
"I never thought that, either"
He agrees that he never thought that, either;  “But now, with time, it might be possible one day,” he says.   
That battery will need charging pretty soon
Debbie’s phone sounds (and her battery appears almost empty);  the message from Kath consists of a single word, ‘Well?’   
Mark suggests they could have a game of darts, 
Kath's message makes Debbie think
and Debbie would like that, but looks at her phone with some anguish.
Kelly is exhausted . . .
Kelly appears exhausted in the flat alone with the baby;  
. . . and as she turns towards the baby . . .
he cries, and as she turns to go to him, 
. . . seems in imminent danger of collapse
she holds her stomach, seemingly about to collapse.
"Is Mathew here?"
Tesni arrives at the shop flat, looking for Mathew, but is informed that he is not there;  
"We could get DJ to cook for us"
Sioned will make her a cup of tea, and is looking forward to their night in.   “I thought we could get a takeaway – or get DJ to cook us something,” she says.
"DJ was being really weird earlier"
“I saw DJ earlier – he was being really weird,” Tesni begins, “Everyone’s getting on my nerves – Mam, Guto, the teachers – I just want them to leave me alone.   
"I don't know if I want to go to university"
“They want me to go to university, but I don’t know if I want to.”
"You don't want to get stuck here like me, do you?"
Sioned responds, “You don’t want to get stuck here like me, do you?   Imagine how nice it would be to move somewhere new, where no-one knows you.”   Tesni likes Cwmderi, 
"Cwmderi is cursed!"
but Sioned describes it as, “Cursed!”
"You haven't left the flat for ages"
Tesni demands, “Are you OK?   you haven’t left the flat for ages, and I’ve noticed how Math and DJ look after you.”   
"Can I trust you – seriously?"
Sioned asks if she can trust Tesni, and is serious about this.
"You're not much better than Gerwyn!"
As their darts game progresses, Mark tells Debbie, “You’re not much better than Gerwyn!   
"I miss all this, you know"
“I miss all this – you know, you and me messing about, laughing and drinking in the Deri – you’ve always made me laugh!   Being at home isn’t the same now that you and Ricky aren’t around.   
"Watching the telly with Mam isn't quite the same"
“Watching the telly with Mam isn’t quite the same.”
Debbie bursts into tears
Debbie suddenly bursts into tears, and he wonders what is wrong;  
"Mark, I've made such a mess of things!"
“Mark, I’ve made such a mess of things!” she says, but he protests that they are trying to put it behind them now, and are enjoying themselves there.
"I'm not sure how to tell you this . . ."
“That’s not what I’m talking about – I’m not sure how to tell you this, and believe me, it wasn’t an easy decision to make,” she tells him, 
". . . I want a divorce!"
“I’ve contacted a solicitor – I want a divorce!”
Dani arrives in the café flat
Dani comes into the café flat and greets the baby, 
Then she sees Kelly on the floor
then with horror she sees Kelly lying motionless on the floor and rushes to her;  
Kelly is unresponsive . . .
she can get no response from her 
. . . and Dani calls for an ambulance
so immediately phones for an ambulance.
"You've seen a solicitor already?"
Mark is amazed that Debbie has seen a solicitor already, but is told that she had no choice, and insists that it is the right thing to do.   
"We have to accept that this is over"
“Mark, so much has happened – we have to accept that this is over.”   
"I can't believe this is what you want"
He cannot believe that this is what she wants, but she is adamant that it is;  
She gets up and walks out
she gets up and walks out, leaving him in a state of shock.
"I never thought you'd been messing with drugs"
After hearing the full story, Tesni knew that Sioned had not been herself;  “But I never thought you’d been messing with drugs!”   
"That's why I think you should go to university"
Sioned explains that is why she thinks Tesni should go to university;  “Perhaps if I had gone , I would not have made such a mess of my life!
"I'd never be stupid enough to take drugs!"
Tesni is very unsympathetic;  “I’d never be stupid enough to take drugs – so I’ll be fine.   So that is why DJ didn’t want us to watch that film.”   Sioned emphasises that Mathew and DJ have been brilliant since what happened with Jessie, and she had really thought she was going to die.   
"You have no-one to blame but yourself!"
“Yeah, well, you have no-one to blame but yourself!   
"I don't need advice from a druggie!"
“I don’t need advice from a druggie!” snarls Tesni and leaves the flat.
Kelly is taken from the café . . . 
The paramedics wheel Kelly from the café 
. . . and is loaded into the ambulance
and load her into the ambulance;  Anita will go with her, 
Dani takes charge of the baby
and Dani, unsurprisingly, will care for the baby.   Siôn agrees to lock up the café and will join Anita as soon as possible.   
"Dani found her unconscious in the flat"
He tells DJ that Dani found her unconscious in the flat.
The ambulance drives away with lights flashing
A crowd has gathered as the ambulance moves away past the Deri.   
"Kelly's been taken to hospital"
Dani takes the baby home with her and advises Garry what has happened.   
Garry does not like this at all
He is not at all happy with the situation, but she says that Anita and Siôn have gone to the hospital, 
"I don't mind caring for him"
and she does not mind caring for the baby.
"Bringing him here is a step too far"
“Listen – insisting on spending time with the baby is one thing, but bringing him here to live with us is a step too far,” he informs her.   
She demands what she was supposed to do;  
"They need me – they need my help"
“They need me – they need my help – there’s nothing wrong with that.   He’s my responsibility.”   
"Your responsibility is to look after our children"
Garry points out that her responsibility is to look after the children they already have;  “You’re never here, Dan – you hardly ever see Gwern and Seren.   And when you are here, all you do is talk about Kelly’s baby – it’s not healthy.”
"This is all in your head!"
Dani appreciates that he is worried about her;  “But you don’t need to be – this is all in your head.   If we hadn’t lost our baby three weeks ago, seeing me with Kelly’s baby wouldn’t be weird, would it?   You’ve created this scenario.”
"But you did lose the baby, Dan"
He reminds her that she did lose the baby, and this behaviour does not help.   
"I am fine, Garry!"
She urges him to trust her, and reiterates that she is fine.
"It's my fault – I shouldn't have gone to that meeting!"
At the hospital, Anita considers that she is to blame, and should have not gone to that meeting;  
"I should have been there!"
“I should have been there - and could have phoned for the ambulance straightaway.   We don’t know how long she was lying there before Dani found her!   
"What if she doesn't get through this?"
“Siôn – what if she doesn’t get through this?”