30 October 2019 (2nd)

Kelly removes her nail varnish
Kelly sits, removing nail varnish, and Dani asks her what time she is leaving;  
"I've booked a taxi to the hospital"
“In half an hour – I’ve booked a taxi,” Kelly replies.   “Auntie Anita isn’t back yet – Mam is on a round the world cruise – and Iolo’s babysitting Greta, so . . . 
"I'll be fine – there are plenty of midwives and doctors there"
“I’ll be fine – there are plenty of midwives and doctors there.”
Dani will drive her to the hospital, and she will stay if Kelly wants;  “Like a ‘birthing partner’?” says Kelly, 
"You're not doing this on your own, Kelly!"
and Dani is determined that she is not doing this alone.    “I can’t ask you to do that, Dan,” Kelly tells her, but she is told that she is not asking – Dani is offering.
“A labour ward is the last place you want to be at the moment,” Kelly points out, but Dani is sure that she will be fine, and wants to be there for her friend.   She is quite certain of that.
"To be honest, I was starting to panic a bit!"
“Thanks, because, to be honest, I was starting to panic a bit,” Kelly confesses;  
"I won't be long"
Dani will go to collect a few things, but will not be long.   
Kelly puts a book into her bag . . .
As she gets up rather awkwardly from her chair, Kelly puts a book into her bag 
. . . then looks at a little Buddha figure
and looks at a little Buddha figure on the table.
"We could have fish and chips tonight"
As they walk past the chippy, Jason suggests to Sara that they could have fish and chips tonight, as it will save them cooking;  she replies, “It’s not very healthy, and we’re bound to eat like pigs in Paris.”   
"The Deri does some healthy meals"
His next idea is to have dinner at the Deri, and stresses that they do have some healthy meals.
"What are you doing next Thursday night?"
Hywel notices Izzy in the street, and asks her a favour;  “What are you doing next Thursday night?”   
"I am with Eifion, you know"
She answers that he knows that she is with Eifion, so he explains, “I want someone to come to a charity dinner with me.   It’s to reward local businesses and raise some money – it says ‘plus one’ on the invitation, 
"Now I'm on Antur Iaith's board . . ."
“and now I’m on Antur Iaith’s board – I thought it would be a good chance to promote the Antur and establish some contacts.”
"You need someone more sophisticated"
Izzy is definitely not keen to accept, emphasising that Hywel needs someone more sophisticated.”
"Can't you play that with the sound off?"
In the Deri flat, Garry is trying to work, while Gwern plays a racing car game which is excessively noisy;  “Can’t you play that with the sound off?” Garry grumbles, but is told that it is not the same.
“You use your eyes to play, not your ears!   Haven’t you got anything better to do?” Garry goes on, 
"I'm bored!"
and Gwern throws down the game, then says he is bored.
"We haven't got you a costume yet – do you want one?"
Garry reminds him that they still have not bought a costume to go trick or treating yet;  “Do you want to find one today?   
This seems to find favour with Gwern
“Give me half an hour, and then we’ll go.”
"I'm taking Kelly to the hospital"
Dani comes in and throws a spanner in the works when she informs Garry that she is taking Kelly to the hospital;  “She’s having the baby today – you’ll have to do my shift.”   
"Do you think that's a good idea, Dan?"
He is disturbed to think that she will be with Kelly at the birth, and queries whether that is a good idea.
"Kelly needs me – so I'm going!"
She points out that Kelly needs her, and warns him not to be worried about her;  she is determined to go, 
"Sorry, Gwern, we're not going shopping after all!"
so Garry has to apologise to Gwern that they will not be going shopping after all.   
"Typical!"
The result is that he marches out of the room, groaning, “Typical!”
Gwen is busy, decorating the café . . .
In the café, Kelly is surprised to see, when she comes downstairs, that Gwen has been decorating for Hallowe’en;  
. . . and Kelly is very impressed
“It’s amazing – well done!” says Kelly, 
"Remember the switch on the dishwasher is dodgy"
“Remember that the switch on the dishwasher is dodgy – and put the orders in tomorrow, if we want a delivery early next week.”
"It's all under control – good luck!"
Gwen assures her that it is all under control, and wishes her, “Good luck.”   
"Are you going to the hospital already?"
Sara comes in, and is surprised that Kelly is going to the hospital already;  she offers to accompany her, but is told that Dani is coming with her.
"Sorry, Kel – I've been so obsessed with my own problems"
“Sorry, Kel – I’ve been so obsessed with my own problems,” moans Sara, 
"You need an emergency tea and choccie biccie!"
and is advised to have an emergency tea and choccie biccie.   
"I have to persuade myself I'll have a lovely time with Jason"
“I just have to persuade myself I’ll have a lovely time with Jason in Paris.   Diane has bought us a romantic weekend.”
"Try to enjoy it, Sara"
Kelly suggests that she should try and enjoy it, then Dani rushes in, 
"Taxi for one and a half!"
exclaiming, “Taxi for one and a half!”   Sara dissolves into tears, explaining that it is a combination of hormones and new babies, 
Sara gives her a hug
and hugs Kelly.
"Today's the big day, isn't it?"
Just as Dani and Kelly are leaving, Jason comes in;  “Today’s the big day, isn’t it? 
"The best thing that happened to Sara and me!"
“That’s the best thing that happened to Sara and me – having a child.”   Sara tries to look as if she agrees.
“Right, OK – it’s time to give birth to a new person – no biggy!” announces Kelly as they go out of the door.
"Everything will be fine, Sara"
Jason can see that Sara looks concerned, and assures her, “Kelly is going to come back with a baby and everything will be fine!”   However, Kelly’s baby is not what Sara has on her mind.
Gaynor returns from shopping
Gaynor comes back from shopping with some Hallowe’en masks;  
"I saw Hywel in the village"
Izzy remarks to her, “I saw Hywel in the village – he’s asked me to go to a dinner with him next week.   
"I told him you would go with him . . ."
“I spoke to Eifion about it, and he wasn’t happy – you know what men are like!   So I told Hywel you would go with him – it will be fun – 
". . . you don't mind, do you?"
“you don’t mind, do you?”
Her mother does mind, most emphatically
Her mother does not share her enthusiasm;  “Yes, I do mind an awful lot!” she snarls, “The dinner will be boring – 
"Having to listen to Hywel cosying up to people!"
“having to listen to Hywel cosying up to people all night!”   Izzy says that it could affect her job now that he is on the board, but her mother is adamant that he has to find someone else.
"You'll have to tell him yourself, Mam!"
Izzy gives the excuse that she is so busy that her mother will have to tell him herself, and escapes from the house as quickly as possible, much to Gaynor’s disgust.
Gwern sits, reading, in the Deri
Now downstairs in the Deri, Gwern is reading a magazine;  
"Dani wouldn't have agreed otherwise"
Garry brings in a green bag containing the takings, and asks Cassie, “Do you think Dani will be all right at the hospital?”   She replies that Dani knows her own mind, and would not have agreed otherwise.   
"The delivery guy is out the back"
Then she reminds him that the delivery guy is out the back, and Garry rushes off to see him, asking that Cassie get last week’s order from the kitchen.
Gwern investigates the bag . . .
Rather carelessly, the bag of money is left unattended on the bar, and Gwern walks across to it;  
. . . and is caught in the act by Cassie
Cassie returns to see him peering into the bag, and asks, “What do you think you’re doing?   What would Dad say about you stealing money from the till?”
"He and Mam think I'm a thief anyway!"
Gwern shouts, “Who cares?   He and Mam think I’m a thief anyway!” and dashes upstairs.   
"I found him with his hand in the money bag"
Garry comes in and wonders what is the matter with him;  Cassie relates that she came in and found Gwern with his hand in the money bag.   She dissuades Garry from shouting, 
"He needs to know that is not right!"
but he insists that Gwern needs to know that stealing from his father is not right.
"He said you think he's a thief, anyway"
“I know, but he said that you and Gwyneth think he’s a thief anyway,” she explains, “You need to talk to him – 
"There's something worrying him"
“there’s something worrying him.”   Garry looks very troubled.
Kelly arrives at the maternity unit
Kelly arrives at the maternity unit and is introduced to Meinir, the midwife;  
"How long have you been together?"
she assumes that Kelly and Dani are a couple, 
"We're just friends"
but they point out that they are just friends, and that the father is not on the scene.   
"Single mum"
“Single mum,” says Kelly, and Dani has already explained to her that the next few hours are the hardest bit – and the 18 years after that will be easy.
The midwife will arrange for a drip
Kelly advises that she has not suffered any pain since the waters broke, and is told that they will give her a drip to start the contractions;  Meinir will sort that out now, while Kelly settles in.
"Next time I do anything – I'll have a baby!"
Kelly looks extremely apprehensive;  “Wow!   Next time I get in a car – I’ll have a baby!   Next time I – don’t know – wash my hair, vacuum, whatever – I’ll have a baby!”
Dani gives her the teddy bear
Dani has brought a few things to make the place more homely, including a teddy bear;  “I bought it the day I found out I was pregnant, and I was going to give it to our baby – 
"I want you to have it"
“but I want you to have it.”   Kelly says she cannot accept, but is told, “Get on that bed – I’ll find a cup of tea while you get changed.”
Kelly is frightened
Kelly emotionally picks up the teddy bear and feels very frightened.
"Cassie said you thought about stealing money"
Garry comes upstairs to speak to Gwern;  “Cassie said you thought about stealing money from the till,” 
"You know that's not right"
but Gwern stresses that he did not do so.   “You know that’s not right,” his father continues, 
"Why this behaviour, Gwern?"
“If you need money, all you have to do is ask.   And Cassie said that you told her Mam and I think you’re a thief.   Why this behaviour?   This isn’t like you, Gwern – you’re good boy, and Mam and Dad know that.”
"Is it true that Mam killed Uncle Brandon?"
Gwern points out, “You and Mam hate each other – is it true that Mam killed Uncle Brandon?”   
"Sometimes adults argue, that's all"
Garry is horrified and denies that it is true, but maintains that sometimes adults argue, that is all.
"You always argue – I don't want you to hurt each other!"
“You always argue – I don’t want you to hurt each other!” Gwern protests, and he hurries off to his bedroom, leaving Garry in an anxious state,
Jason has found a bargain in Megan's shop
Jason finds Sara in the Deri, and shows her the guidebook to Paris which he found in the window of Apêl Maenan;  “If that isn’t fate, I don’t know what is!” he enthuses, and tells Cassie all about it.   
"Paris is one of my favourite cities"
She replies that Paris is one of her favourite cities.
"I have to sort work out, and find someone to cover me"
Sara grumbles that she just has to sort work out, and find someone to cover her;  Jason reminds her, “It’s only two nights, Sara,” but she informs him that weekends are the busiest periods.   
"It sounds like you don't want to go"
“It sounds to me like you don’t want to go,” he concludes, but she says that it would have been nice to choose when.
"Tell Siôn not to speed too much"
In the maternity suite, Kelly is speaking to Auntie Anita on the phone;  “Tell Siôn not to speed too much, because Dani is with me and I’m fine.   I have to go now – the midwife is here.”   She tells Dani, “They are somewhere between here and somewhere in France.”   
"Are you sure you don't want an epidural?"
The midwife asks if she has felt anything since the drip started, and whether she is sure she does not want an epidural.
"I'm using my Hypno-Birthing Techniques"
Kelly is adamant that she is going to use her Hypno-Birthing Techniques;  “And a bit of gas and air, perhaps – I don’t know!”   
But then the contractions start
Then suddenly she feels a pain, and shouts repeatedly, “Aw, Aw, Aw!”   The midwife informs her that things are starting.
"That was better than I expected"
Kelly takes a few deep breaths, and comments, “That wasn’t too bad – better than I expected,” which makes Dani laugh.
"Sorry to disturb you, Hywel"
Gaynor goes to visit Hywel, and apologises for disturbing him, as she knows he is busy.   
"Is this about the charity dinner?"
“Is this about the charity dinner next week?” he enquires, and she points out that Izzy should not have accepted on her behalf.   
"It's nothing personal, mind"
She explains that the first week back after the holiday is always busy, but assures him that it is nothing personal.   
"The director of education will be there"
His response is, “It’s a shame, because the director of education will be there, and many people would have taken the opportunity to push for more resources, or see which way the policies are heading.”
Suddenly Gaynor has a change of mind . . .
This has his desired effect, and Gaynor is now sure that that one night out would not hurt;  he will phone her with the arrangements, and she is looking forward to it.   
. . . something Hywel was sure would happen
He looks quite pleased with himself.
"But we're supposed to be eating healthily"
In the Deri, Jason considers it is time for pudding, but then remembers they are supposed to be eating healthily.   
"I'm sorry about last night – reacting like that"
“Look, I’m sorry about last night,” he says, “Reacting like I did – accusing you like that.   I saw you cross the road and go into the house – and I misunderstood, that’s all.   I’m sorry.”
"I'm sorry, too – I'm under a lot of pressure"
Sara also apologises, as she is under a lot of pressure at work, 
"Yes, let's share a pudding!"
and suggests that they share a pudding.   
"You can eat dinner on the Seine, Sara!"
He saw something in the guidebook about a trip on the Seine;  “You can eat dinner on the Seine, Sara!” and she says it sounds lovely.
"It didn't help much"
At the bar, Garry tells Cassie that he had a word with Gwern, but it did not help much;  Cassie consoles him that every child goes through a difficult period.   
"The tension has obviously affected him"
“The tension between me and Gwyneth has obviously affected him,” he admits.
"He's not a little boy any more"
Cassie advises that he should be very careful what he says in front of Gwern, emphasising that he is not a little boy any more.
Now the contractions are happening . . .
The contractions have started in earnest, and Kelly gulps gas and air, 
. . . and Kelly has also had a change of mind
squealing, “I want an epidural!”   
"Try to relax, Kelly"
When Dani tells her to try and relax, 
"That's a stupid thing to say!"
she shouts, “That’s a stupid thing to say!   Surely it shouldn’t be this painful!”
"Drugs – now!"
Dani tries to get her to focus on the baby she is having, but Kelly demands, “Drugs – now!”   
"It's too late for an epidural now"
However she is told that it is now too late for an epidural, and is instructed to take more of the gas, but Kelly continues shouting that she cannot do it.
The monitor shows the baby's heart rate dropping . . .
Then the midwife is concerned to see that the baby’s heart rate is dropping, 
. . . so she sounds the alarm
so sounds the emergency alarm, 
and informs Kelly, “I’ve had to call for help, and a lot of people are going to arrive. The baby’s in a little trouble and I want the doctor to take a look.”
"What's happening?"
Kelly demands what is happening, 
The team swing into action
and continues to scream with pain as the emergency team gather around her.