26 November 2019

Opening the door is proving difficult for Jason
Next morning, Jason is attempting to open the door of APD, but is finding it difficult with his shoulder;  at that moment, Josh comes round the corner, and Jason is surprised to see him.   
"Haven't see you for a while, Josh"
“You haven’t been round here for a while,” he comments, and Josh replies that is about time he saw the family.
"I pulled a muscle in my shoulder"
He can see that Jason is having trouble, which he explains away as having pulled a muscle in his shoulder.   
Josh gives him a hand to open the door
Josh opens the door for him, and they see Ffion coming towards them.
"Still operating as a business, aren't you?"
“You’re still operating as a business, aren’t you?” she demands, and wants to know how things are with Sara.   
"I think things are looking better"
Jason is optimistic and reports that things are better than he expected, 
"We want to hold interviews in the gym!"
then Ffion continues, “I don’t want to nag, but we want to hold interviews, so it would be nice to show them the gym.”
Jason assures her that once someone else turns up at APD, he will get back to work on the gym.   
"Sara, phone me back – it's important!"
He makes a phone call to Sara and leaves her a message;  “Sara, phone me back when you get this – it’s important!”
"We're keeping it low-key"
Further along the street, Ffion meets Tyler, who says that the preparations for the renewal of vows is going well, but they are keeping it low-key.   
She will not tell Gaynor that he is using his free lessons to prepare, 
"When I'm deputy, I shall have to take things seriously"
but warns, “When I’m deputy, I shall have to take things seriously.   I’ve got free time this morning, but I haven’t been interviewed for ages.   Gaynor encouraged me to go for it – so that means something.   
"Have you got five minutes to practise?"
“Have you got five minutes to practise?   I’d like your input.”
Gwen is hard at work, as usual
Tyler does his best to wriggle out of this, and says he will see how things go this morning.   
Sara receives Jason's message
Sara is heading for the café when she sees the message on her phone from Jason.
"I think I just agreed to help her with the interview"
Tyler goes into number 7, and tells Iolo that he has just seen Ffion;  “I think I just agreed to help her with her interview – I haven’t told her I have applied.”   
"That may give you an advantage"
Iolo considers that he should help her, as he can listen to her answers, which may give him an advantage, 
"But isn't that cheating?"
but Tyler regards that as cheating.
“Have lunch with Ffion in the Deri later,” Iolo advises him.
"Come on, Sara – answer your phone!"
Jason is still trying to contact Sara, and is becoming quite frustrated, when, all of a sudden, she walks into APD.   
"Is Ifan safe?"
As soon as he sees her, he demands if Ifan is safe, 
"No – I've left him playing in the traffic!"
and she sarcastically replies, “No, I’ve left him playing in the traffic!   Of course he’s safe – I’ve left him with your mother.   What’s wrong with you?”   Then he wants to know where Dylan is;  
"I thought we were keeping friendly"
she complains, “I thought we agreed to sort things out yesterday, and keep friendly – but now you’re phoning me constantly!”, “What’s happened to giving me time?”
Jason is becoming agitated;  “Dylan – where is he?” he exclaims, 
"The guy's off his head!"
“The guy’s off his head, Sara – he attacked me yesterday!”   Sara is convinced that Jason is making this up, and points out that there is not a mark on him.
“You’re going to lie about Dylan now, are you?” she snarls, 
"I'm not lying, Sara!"
but he insists that he is not lying;  he wonders what would happen if Dylan turned on her, or Ifan.
"When my son's in his company . . ."
“When you’re with him, Sara – when my son’s in his company . . .” Jason rages, but Sara still insists that she has not left him for Dylan.   
"Things were over long before that . . ."
She stresses that things were over between them long before that – 
". . . and stop phoning me!"
and she demands that he stop phoning her.   As she storms out of APD, Jason is downhearted.
Iolo is ironing the shirts for the ceremony
Iolo is ironing their shirts, and asks if Tyler is nervous;  “Well, it will be a lot less fuss than the wedding – it will be lovely,” Iolo predicts.   
"Can you ask me some interview questions?"
Tyler wants him to ask some interview questions, so he can practise, and gives Iolo the laptop.
"Will you get this job based on how sexy you are?"
“Do you think you’ll get this job based on how sexy you are?” Iolo asks, trying to look serious, 
"Come on – be serious, Iol!"
then turns to a real question, “Which teaching strategies do you think should be implemented?”
"Why didn't you phone to say you were coming?"
Kath is astonished to see Josh at Maes-y-Deri;  “Why didn’t you phone to say you were coming?”   He replies that he did not know that he had to;  
"I could have saved you some breakfast"
“I could have saved you some breakfast,” she continues, but he is not bothered about that.   
"Are you here on your own?"
As she makes a cup of tea, he asks if she is here on her own;  
"Yes, Mark's on his round"
“Yes, Mark’s on his round,” she answers, but when he enquires about Debbie, she says she does not know her whereabouts.
“I saw the salon on my way through the village,” he remarks, and she agrees that there is a lot to sort out there.   “When will they be home?” is his next question, 
"Will you phone them and ask them to come home?"
“I’d like to have a chat with all of you together – would you phone them and ask them to come home?   I wouldn’t ask if it wasn’t important.”   
Kath finds this rather unsettling
Kath has little choice but to comply, but she is looking worried.
"Can't keep away, can you?"
Sara goes to number 10, and Dylan vainly assumes that she cannot keep away, 
"Yes, I know – take it slowly"
but then acknowledges her desire that they have to take it slowly.   “Jason told me you attacked him yesterday,” she announces.   
"He must be crazy!"
Dylan puts on a surprised look, and maintains that Jason is crazy.
"Did you see him yesterday?"
“Did you see him yesterday?” Sara demands, and he admits that he did, but did not want to tell her.
"He was shouting at me to stay away from you and Ifan"
“He was hammered in the Deri, and he followed me back to Tapas – he was shouting at me to stay away from you and Ifan – he was upset,” Dylan explains.   
"I'm upset, but I don't do that"
Sara says that she is upset, but does not follow people and shout at them.   “He just wanted to get it out of his system, I suppose – and that was it.   I told him you have the right to do whatever you want.”
Sara cannot understand why Jason said that Dylan had attacked him, and he promises that he did not attack Jason;  
"I restrained him – I may have gone too far"
“I merely restrained him – but I might have gone too far.”
"I think you did go too far"
She comes to the conclusion that he must have gone too far, so he decides to go and speak Jason, in order to sort things out, but Sara forbids this, insisting that she will deal with it.   
"I hope we're still friends"
She hopes that they are still friends, 
Dylan's answer leaves her in no doubt on that score
and Dylan leaves her in no doubt about that.
Kath brings Josh a cup of tea
Kath is still rather on edge, as she brings Josh his cup of tea;  
Mark is surprised to see Josh
Mark rushes into the house, shouting, “Mam, what’s wrong?   You scared me on the phone!”   He is equally surprised to see Josh, and reprimands his mother, “You pretended there was an emergency to get me home.”
"Is Debbie on her way?"
Josh wants to know if Debbie is on her way, but it appears that Kath has not contacted her;  
"Why don't we all have a cup of tea first?"
she suggests that they all have a cup of tea and then they will try to phone her again.   
"It must be serious – he wants Debbie here . . ."
Josh looks knowingly as Mark and his mother have a whispered conversation in the kitchen
“It must be something serious – because he’s insisting on having Debbie here!” Kath mutters, 
". . . and I'm not talking to her!"
“I’m not talking to her!”
"We can ring again when we've had our tea"
Josh intervenes, “Did you speak to her?” and Mark is about to explain the situation when his mother takes over, suggesting that can ring again when they have drunk their tea.   Mark looks very worried.
Their dishevelled state suggests some 'activity' has occurred
The next we see of Dylan and Sara, they appear to be getting dressed, after activity of some sort, as he emphasises, “You do know that I was doing my best for you,” 
"I shouldn't have believed Jason"
and she admits that she should not have believed Jason – she does not know him any more.
"I would never do anything to hurt you" — what a slimeball!
“I would never do anything to hurt you,” he stresses, and she realises that one good thing has come out of this;  he smiles as he assures her that he enjoyed it too – although that was not exactly what she meant.
"I want to be with you!"
There’s no future for Jason and me – I want to be with you!” she declares, 
"Are we official, then?"
so he falls to his knees and asks if they are official, then.   “I don’t know – we’ll see,” is her answer, 
Dylan has her exactly where he wants her
and they embrace.
Silence reigns at Maes-y-Deri  
At Maes-y-Deri, the atmosphere is still very fraught, neither Kath nor Mark knowing what to say, 
"All I want is to see Debbie"
and all that Josh wants is to see Debbie.   
"Phone her, Mark – and tell her to hurry!"
“Phone her then, Mark – and tell her to hurry!’ instructs Kath.
"Yes, I know it's you – it says so on the screen!"
Debbie hears her phone ringing, and finds that it is Mark;  
"Josh is here – he wants to see us as a family"
he explains “The thing is – Josh is here, in the house – he wants to see us all as a family.”   
"We're not a family any more!'
She points out that they are not a family any more, but Mark stresses that Josh says it is important;  
"Please – so we can see what he has to say"
“And he wants to see us all together – please – so we can seen what he has to say.”   Debbie agrees that she will come over now, 
"She's on the way"
and Mark tells his mother she is on the way;  
"Thanks, Mark"
Josh smiles and thanks him.
"No-one's been working in the gym all morning"
Ffion is in APD, complaining that no-one has been working on the gym all morning;  “I don’t want to use another company, but . . .” 
Jason is sorry but he is on his own in the shop today.   “That’s not my problem!” she goes on, irritably, “Rhys is paying for this work – and he’s moving things on his own to make the place safe for the interviews!   He doesn’t have any choice!”
"I'll sort it out, Ffion"
Much to the annoyance of APD’s other customer, Jason maintains that he will sort the matter out, but needs some time.   
"Something must be done this afternoon!"
She stipulates that something must be done this afternoon, and leaves the shop.
Jasons problems are not over yet, as Sara storms in, 
Then Jason is haragued by Sara
exclaiming, “I knew you were making it up!   You could have ruined his good name by lying about him!”
Jason wonders what happened to the idea of not shouting and screaming, for Ifan’s sake.   
"Are you keeping me here against my will?"
He locks the shop and puts up the ‘Closed’ sign;  she suspects that he is keeping her there against her will.
"Are you going to say what you wanted to say?" 
“Don’t be soft, Sara, – we need to talk – you want to talk, I want to talk.   I’m just making sure we’re not interrupted.   Well – are you going to say what you want to say?”
"You went after him and threatened him"
She begins, “You were hammered yesterday.”   He points out that he only had a couple of pints.   “You went after him – you threatened him – are you denying it?” she demands, “You followed him from the Deri!   Just stop it, Jason!   
"Dylan wouldn't just attack you!"
“Dylan wouldn’t just attack you!”
"I just want you and Ifan to be safe"
Jason calmly asserts that he was not lying, and that he is worried about her;  he just wants to know that she – and Ifan – are safe.   “I don’t care what happens between us.” 
"Nothing is going to happen – not now, and not ever, Jason!"
She makes it abundantly clear that nothing is happening between them;  “Not now and not ever!” then admits that she did not want things to be like this.   However, she stresses that their marriage is over, something which Jason cannot accept.
"We were going to have a break, Sara"
He is under the impression they were going to have a break, but she rages, “There’s no point!   I don’t want you any more – 
"I don't love you any more!"
“I don’t love you any more!”   There are tears in Jason’s eyes, as she continues, “We had a lovely marriage for a long time, but it’s over.”   She gives him a final kiss and sadly walks out of the shop, 
Jason is left in tears
leaving him totally bereft.
"Tell us what's going on, please!"
At Maes-y-Deri, the three of them are still in silence, then Mark urges Josh, “Tell us what’s going on, please!”   
"Not until we're all together"
He refuses to say anything until they are all together, then there is a knock at the door, and Josh is surprised that Debbie does not have a key.
"We'll wait to see what he has to say first"
By the front door, as Debbie waits outside, Mark whispers to his mother that they have to tell Josh what has happened, but she wants to hear what he has to say first.
Debbie is overjoyed to see her father
They open the door, and Debbie is overjoyed to see her father;  he gets them all to sit down.   
"This is not easy to say – I'm dying"
“What I have to say isn’t going to be easy,” he begins, but Kath just wants to get it over with.   “I’m dying,” Josh announces.
Ffion reels off the answer without any hesitation
In the Deri, Ffion is answering an interview question posed by Tyler;  “Combined with cooperative learning and individual academic plans, so that every pupil feels that the school recognises and caters for their needs, while implementing the curriculum.”
"I didn't understand a single word of that"
Iolo did not understand a single word, but reckons that it sounded good.   
Ffion is even more confident now
Ffion is very confident;  “I don’t want to sound big-headed – but I’ve got this!   It was a clear, concrete and complete answer.”
They are making no attempt to hide it now
They look at Dylan and Sara publicly kissing by the bar, and Iolo asks if they knew that was going on.   
"It's Jason I feel sorry for"
Ffion feels very sorry for Jason, 
"If he doesn't know now, he soon will"
and Tyler comments that if Jason does not already know, he soon will, as they are not trying to hide anything.
"I never have regrets!"
Sara asks if Dylan regrets it, and he brags, “I never have regrets!”
"There's nothing else they can do"
Josh goes on, “There’s nothing else they can do – I’ve been receiving treatment, but that has had to stop now.”   
"They can treat anything these days!"
Debbie is very troubled, insisting that they can treat anything these days, but Josh tell her that it is too late;  “The Almighty has made His decision – it’s just a matter of time now – a month – weeks, perhaps.”
"Why didn't you tell me before?"
Debbie cannot understand why he has not told her before, but he says he did not want to worry her;  “And I wanted to come here to say goodbye.”
Kath feels very awkward
Kath is now feeling very uneasy, 
"How do you cope with it, Josh?"
while Mark and Debbie go out into the kitchen.   Kath wonders how Josh copes with the situation when there is no hope, and he answers that he has simply accepted it.   She regards him as very brave, 
"I want to spend my final days with you here"
but he says, “I just want to spend my final days with you here – not in some hospital bed.”
"I haven't told Josh about the divorce yet"
In the kitchen, Debbie wails that she is losing everyone around her, and Mark advises that he has not had the chance to tell Josh about their divorce yet.   
"He's bound to find out"
Debbie wants to tell her father, as he is bound to find out;  
Mark gives her a comforting embrace
“What am I going to do without him?” she sobs, and Mark gives her a reassuring hug, 
Is this all part of Josh's plan?
as Josh is watching them.