20 November 2019 (2nd)

"You agreed to go, Mam"
In the café, Izzy tells her mother, “There no point in complaining – you agreed to go.”   
"It will be so boring!"
Gaynor replies that listening to Hywel ‘networking’ will be so boring, but Izzy reminds her she enjoyed the charity do, and at least she will get a glass of Pinot out of it.
"I'd rather stay at home and cut my toenails!"
Gaynor continues to moan, “More like warm wine and curled-up sandwiches!”   She does not see Hywel coming in, as she goes on, “I’d rather stay at home and cut my toenails!”   
"Er – Mam"
Izzy calls her attention to who is standing behind her, 
"Just saying how much I was looking forward to tonight"
and Gaynor points out that she was just saying how much she was looking forward to tonight.
"Lucky that we're not going, then"
Hywel is by no means convinced, and she maintains, “It’s not exactly the most exciting invitation, is it?”   He replies that it is lucky they are not going, in that case, and reveals there was no such meeting in the first place.
"I'm taking you out for a meal tonight"
“I was going to keep it as a surprise, but I’m taking you out for a meal tonight, if that’s OK with you.”   Of course, Gaynor accepts this invitation, 
Izzy does not like the sound of this
and he assures her that the wine will be cold, just as she likes it.
"Just making sure you're all right, Kelly"
Out in the street, Iolo is on his phone, checking with Kelly that everything was all right last night;  then Tyler joins him, but does not want to go to the café, 
"I've got to prepare for that interview"
as he has to prepare for his interview next week, and is not feeling ready for it.   Iolo says that he would give him the job straightaway, but Tyler points out that he is not on the selection panel.
"I'll cook the dinner tonight, to give you some peace"
Iolo will pick up Greta, and take her to see Grandad, so Tyler has some peace, and he will also sort out dinner.
"Sorry – Ifan's not with me"
Jason is pleased to see Sara coming into APD, but she apologises that Ifan is not with her;  
"You haven't left Ifan with him, have you?"
“You haven’t left Ifan with him, have you?” Jason sternly demands, but she reassures him that their son is with Elinor, and that he keeps asking about his father.   
"I've tried to explain to him"
She has tried to explain that Mami and Dadi are living separately, but he is rather young to understand.   “We need to come to some definite arrangement – who he’s going to be with and when,” she goes on, “Next week some time?”   
"Yes, that's fine, Sara"
Jason readily agrees, and she thanks him for being so reasonable, as it makes things much easier.
"Tell him Dadi says hello"
“Sara, tell him that Dadi says hello,” he requests as she leaves the shop.
"The best birthday cake ever!"
Preparations for the twins’ 18th birthday party are in full swing, as Gerwyn brings in what he describes as, “The best birthday cake ever!”   
Eileen has indeed produced a lovely cake
They find that Eileen has produced an impressive cake, and Dylan is fetching the candles to go on it from Tapas.
"Happy birthday, my little baby!"
Guto arrives back from school and is welcomed by his mother;  “Happy birthday, my little baby!   18 – I can’t believe it!   Is Tes on her way?”   
"I haven't seen her, Mam"
Guto replies that he has not seen her, 
Brenda opens a bottle . . .
as Brenda opens a bottle, very noisily, 
. . . and cannot wait to get stuck into the booze
insisting that the party has now begun.
"I'm in charge of the candles"
Walking through the alley, Sara happens to meet Dylan, and he says that he is in charge of the candles;  
"I'm meeting Jason next week"
she advises that she and Jason will be meeting next week to arrange things, and he regards that as a step forward.   “I feel that a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders since I left him,” she sighs, and he is pleased to see her happy.
"I wouldn't mind living there myself"
“Ifan loves the house, so thank you,” she says and he admits that he would not mind living there himself.   
"I could move in with you"
He tentatively suggests that he could move in with them, but she regards it as rather too early;  
"I don't want to make things more difficult for Jason"
“I don’t want to make things more difficult for Jason.”
"You don't have to worry about him any more"
“You don’t have to worry about him any more,” insists Dylan, but she points out that he is still Ifan’s father, and he has been very reasonable.   
He takes careful note of the conversation
She has not noticed Jason, who is lurking round the corner by the shop, and listening to their conversation.
"You can come and visit every day if you want"
“I don’t want to spoil that,” Sara continues, “But you can come and visit me any time – every day if you want,” and she kisses him, “Now go and enjoy your party.”
Jason keeps a low profile
Jason makes sure that he is out of sight as Dylan heads towards number 10.   
DJ and Mark arrive
Inside, Guto has now changed out of his school uniform, and the first of the guests arrive, in the form of DJ and Mark, as well as Dylan, with the candles.   He tells Jaclyn that he has just met Sara;  
"I asked if I could move in with her – she said no"
“We’re fine, but I asked if I could move in with her – she said no.”   His sister thinks that it better for everyone this way.   
"Tesni not here?"
Then Matthew comes, and wonders where Tesni is;  her mother is becoming rather concerned, but Gerwyn assures her that she will be there shortly.
Tesni shows her proof of age to Geraint
Meanwhile, Tesni is in the Deri with her friends, ordering shots for everyone, and announcing, “I’m celebrating!”   She shows her proof of age card to Geraint, and we see that amongst her friends is Aled. 
"They've got their lives ahead of them"
Iolo is by no means glad to see him, but Jason comments wistfully, “A clean slate – they’ve got their lives ahead of them.”   Iolo looks at his phone, and is pleased to see that he has a booking confirmation.
"Look at this hotel, Parc y Dyffryn"
“Look at this hotel, Parc y Dyffryn,” he tells Jason, “I’m taking Tyler there, after we renew our vows, but he doesn’t know – it’s a surprise.” 
Aled is paying attention
A short distance along the bar, Aled is taking an interest in this, 
"It would be ideal for you and Sara"
as Iolo continues that it would be ideal for Jason and Sara if they fancied a weekend away.
"It would – but Sara and I have separated!'
“I’m sure Sara would be over the moon – but Sara and I have split up!” Jason replies, 
"Sorry, I didn't know that, Jason"
something of which Iolo was unaware, but is told to enjoy every second of it.   
Tyler is quite happy . . .
When Tyler also arrives in the Deri, 
. . . until he sees Aled there
he notices Aled, laughing with Tesni and her friends, 
"Right, I'm going home!"
and decides that he will go home;  “No – you have as much right as him to be here!” Iolo protests.
Tesni is downing the alcohol
Rhian takes the youngsters some more drinks, and Aled urges Tesni to slow down with the drinking, but she says that she is only 18 once.   Tyler looks disapprovingly from the bar.
Gerwyn is becoming unusually friendly with Mathew 
At the party, Gerwyn concedes that he and Mathew may have got off on the wrong foot, but now he cannot think of anyone better to be Tesni’s boyfriend;  “You’re like another son,” he says, 
"Enough of that, Gerwyn"
and Jaclyn comes to rescue Mathew, but Gerwyn goes on, “You’re the salt of the earth!”
"Where's Tesni?   She should be here!"
Jaclyn is getting worried about Tesni, and is anxious to cut the cake, but Gerwyn tells her to relax;  she will phone Tesni’s friends to see if they know where she is.   
"She seems to be enjoying herself"
Guto has just been sent a video on his phone, showing Tesni, drinking with her friends;  DJ comments that she is enjoying herself, 
"They're in the Deri, aren't they?"
and realises that they are in the Deri.   
"Give me that phone, Guto!"
Jaclyn demands to look at the phone, and immediately dashes off to get Tesni.
Geraint appears to be keeping an eye on them
Tesni is now drinking with gay abandon, 
"Right, I'm going home"
and when Aled comes to the bar, Tyler decides that he will go home, but is intercepted by Aled, 
"No goodbye kiss for me this time?"
who asks, “No goodbye kiss for me this time?”   
"Are you all right, Ty?"
Iolo comes in to see them together, and assumes that Aled has said something to upset Tyler, but he is simply determined that they are going home.
"Right, Tesni – you're going home – now!"
In the doorway they meet Jaclyn, who orders Tesni, “Right – home, now!”   
"Barman, a drink for my Mam!"
Tesni, who is hardly able to stand, tells the barman that she wants a drink for her mother, but Jaclyn is adamant that they are all waiting for her at home.
"Look at Mam's face when she's angry!"
“Look at Mam’s face when she’s angry!” Tesni laughs, but is dragged out of the pub by her mother, who insists that she sobers up, comes to the party and enjoys herself.
Hywel's chat-up lines are rather dated these days
At their date, Hywel admits that he is rather out of practice with his flirting, and Gaynor wonders why did not just ask her out for dinner.   “I was afraid you’d refuse,” is his reply, 
"I know I've treated you badly . . ."
“Listen, Gaynor, I know that I’ve treated you badly, but we’re good together.   If Sheryl hadn’t fallen pregnant, we might still be together – 
"I'm supposed to be with you"
“it’s you I want to be with – I’m supposed to be with you.”
"Don't waste any time, do you?"
She remarks that he does not waste any time, 
"We could make this work, Gaynor"
and when he maintains that they could make this work, 
Gaynor does not look as if she agrees
she finds it rather frightening.
"This is fab!"
When Tesni has staggered home, she is very surprised by the party, describing it as ‘fab!’ and Guto says it is a pity she has missed half of it.   
She embraces her father
She is dismissive of her mother’s work involved in preparing the party, and drunkenly embraces her father.
"How much more of this do we have to suffer?"
Dylan wonders how much more of this they have to suffer, but Jaclyn accuses him of sulking because Sara does not want to ‘play house’ with him.   
DJ finds this information rather interesting
DJ is listening in, as she continues, “You’ve only been seeing each other for five minutes.”
In her efforts to take a selfie . . .
Tesni is in a great hurry to take a selfie with the cake, but in her inebriated state, 
. . . she topples backwards – into the cake . . .
she falls backwards and puts out her hand to steady herself, but right into the middle of the cake.   
. . . but at least it tastes nice
Her mother is absolutely furious.
"I've made a mess of things now"
“I’ve made a mess of things now,” groans Hywel, but Gaynor says that it is a lot to take in;  “Well, I’ve told you how I feel – unless you feel the same, we won’t say anything else about it,” he adds.   
"You hurt me, Hywel"
She reminds him that he hurt her, and it is not easy coming back from there.   
"But it's not impossible, is it?"
He answers, “But it’s not impossible – I’ve never been so happy with anyone else, and I don’t think you have, either – we are supposed to be together.”   
aynor is not sure about this, but he continues, “Be honest with me – do you miss me?”
"Yes, sometimes I miss you"
She replies that sometimes she does, but there is so much history, and so much has changed, but finally confesses that, yes, she does miss him, and has done so for years, to some extent.   
"I wasn't sure I could trust you"
“But the time was never right, and I wasn’t sure if I could trust you.”
"You can trust me this time!"  — pull the other one, Casanova!
He insists that she can trust him this time, and he regrets all the hurt he has caused her;  
"Nobody comes close to you"
“I’ve been a fool – but the truth is, nobody comes close to you!”   
"Yes, I'll get you the bill"
Gaynor thinks this is the moment she should ask for the bill, 
"I've spoiled the evening, haven't I?"
and he concludes that he has spoiled the evening, but Gaynor thinks otherwise.
“I just think it’s time we went home.” and she smiles at him.
Various repair options are considered
At number 10, various suggestions are made for repairing the damage to the cake, but Jaclyn declares that they are making it worse;  “Don’t take it out on us – this is Tesni’s fault,” Guto points out.   
"Just like Debs and me – like cat and dog!"
As the family bicker amongst themselves, Mark says that it sounds familiar;  “Just like Debs and me – like cat and dog!”   DJ comments that at least he is getting some peace and quiet now, but he regards it as too much peace and quiet, and thinks that he will go home.
"It's not a mess – it's simply deconstructed!"
Jaclyn tells her mother-in-law that the cake is not a mess – it is simply ‘deconstructed’, and calls for Tesni to sing to them, 
Tesni does not appear in any fit state to do anything
but she is in a drunken stupor on the sofa, 
Aled records the moment for posterity
so Aled takes a photo of her with his phone.   Dylan leaves to check on Sara, 
"Right, are you coming, Math?"
and DJ decides he might as well go too.   Mathew is reluctant to leave Tesni.
"We're going clubbing, Mam"
Guto announces that the rest of them are going clubbing, and his mother disapproves, 
Tesni still cannot be roused
but continues her attempts to rouse Tesni.
"Thanks for tonight – it was lovely"
At Llwyncelyn, Hywel and Gaynor are getting down to some heavy duty kissing;  “Thanks for tonight, Hywel – it was lovely,” she says, and he suggests that they should keep this quiet for a while.
"It would be nice to have some space"
She wonders if he is ashamed of her, but he maintains it would be nice to have some space;  
"What do you need space for?"
then their privacy is disturbed by Izzy, who asks what they need space for.   “Are you back together?” she demands, and her mother is not quite sure of the answer to that.
Izzy’s mind is made up;  “No – not after the hurt you caused last time!’ she rages, but Hywel assures her it will be different this time.   
"I will be the one picking up the pieces"
“It had better be, or I will be the one picking up the pieces,” Izzy warns him, 
"I've got to be up early in the morning"
and he suddenly remembers he has to be up early for work tomorrow;  he makes a hasty exit.   Izzy looks disgusted at her mother.
"You should have seen Jaclyn's face!"
In the Deri, Mathew hopes that Tesni is all right, and DJ comments that it is not much of a party if the birthday girl passes out;  “And before that, her hand slipped into the cake – you should have seen Jaclyn’s face!” he tells Jason.
"Vodka and tonic, please"
Dylan arrives and asks for a vodka and tonic;  
"Drowning your sorrows because Sara rejected you?"
“Drowning your sorrows because Sara rejected you?” wonders DJ, 
"Shut up, DJ!"
but Dylan tells him to shut up.   “Sara doesn’t want to live with him,” DJ explains, then remarks to Dylan, “Not as keen as you thought, eh?   
"The honeymoon period must be over, then"
“The honeymoon period must be over, then.”   
Jason wonders if there could yet be hope
Jason looks rather quizzically.
"It's just like having another baby"
Gerwyn covers up Tesni with a blanket, commenting, “It’s like having another baby, but then she suddenly jumps up from the sofa, feeling sick.   
"Not in the sink – it's full of dishes!"
Her mother tell her that the sink is full of dishes, so she diverts upstairs instead.
"I don't know why we bother!"
“I don’t know why we bother – it was chaos, thanks to her,” Jaclyn snarls, 
"We all do stupid things at her age"
but Gerwyn points out that they all do stupid things at that age.   Jaclyn rages on, “Tesni is in a league of her own – she needs to grow up!   Guto isn’t like that – all that’s important to Tesni is Tesni!”   
Tesni listens to her mother 'slagging her off'
Tesni has slightly recovered, and is now sitting on the stairs, listening to what her mother is saying.
Jaclyn goes on, “She’s cheeky with me, she’s lazy, and doesn’t appreciate anything.   How we raised such a selfish daughter, I don’t know!   
"I'll tell you what – I've had enough of her!"
“I’ll tell you what – I’ve had enough of her!”