1 July 2019

"You look as if you want a favour"
Sara comes round the corner by Cwm Delhi and meets Jason outside APD;  he says that she looks as if she wants a favour.   
"I'm going to help Kelly with the café's books"
“Can you pick up Ifan from Elinor’s tonight?” she asks, “I’m going to Y Felin to help Kelly with the café’s books.”   
"You could ask her for a job"
He hopes that she will be paying Sara, and even suggests that she ask Kelly for a job, but Sara is quite adamant she does not want a book-keeping job.   
They see old misery Llywelyn heading to the shop
Then she notices Hywel, about to go into the shop;  
"I should have a word with him"
“Has he been hassling you after last week?” Jason demands, “I should have a word with him,” but Sara dissuades him from doing so.   “He can’t just get away with it!” Jason rages, but she urges him to forget about it.
"Being macho doesn't suit you, Jase"
“I love it when you try to be macho, Jase, but it doesn’t suit you,” she tells him, “Remember to pick Ifan up.”
Ffion is approaching the shop, after a hard day at school;  
"Going to the crèche to look for talent?"
Hywel comes out and demands where she is going;  “To the crèche to look for talent?”   She turns and snarls at him to grow up, 
"Have you been drinking, Hywel?"
and suspects that he has been drinking, although it is not yet four o’clock.   “It’s none of your business – anyway, you’re a fine one to talk!” he growls, 
Ffion walks away in disgust
and as she walks away, 
"I'm not going to listen to you, you cow!"
he shouts after her, “I’ll do what I want – I’m not going to listen to you, you cow!”
Jason comes across the road, having heard this, 
"You can't go round, talking like that!"
and wonders what is wrong with Hywel;  grabbing his arm, Jason insists that he is going home.
Rhys can see that Ffion is not happy
At Cysgod y Glyn, Rhys is doing the washing-up when Ffion comes home;   seeing her gloomy mood, 
"What's wrong, Ffi?"
he asks what is wrong, and she simply replies that she has had a bad day at school.   He suspects that she has had hassle because of their relationship, 
"People being short tempered"
but she says, “Reports that haven’t been written, people being short tempered.”   
"I'll take you out for a meal tonight"
Rhys suggests that he takes her out tonight for a meal in the Deri, but she does not think that is a good idea;  
"All my friends have turned their backs on me"
“We’ll be ignored – all my friends have turned their backs on me,” she groans, and decides she will go out for a run, 
"No, I want to be on my own"
emphasising that she does not want any company.
"I wanted a word with you, anyway"
Jason has got Hywel home, and makes him a cup of tea;  “I wanted a word with you anyway, Hywel,” he says, “About what you did to Sara last week.”   
"She was flirting with me"
Hywel insists that she was flirting with him, Jason points out that she was trying to sell Awyr Iach, and continues, “Look, I can see you’re not yourself, but for God’s sake, Hywel, you can’t do things like that!   
"That business with Ffion and Rhys has gone too far!"
“That business with Ffion and Rhys has gone too far as well!   Are you going to lose your temper every time you see them?”
Hywel answers that he cannot help it, but is advised, “Antics like that are just going to push them even closer together.”   
Hywel is worried about the operation on his knee
Hywel is not just worried about them, but is also having surgery on his knee this week.   Jason wonders if he has informed Rhys of this, as it might help to sort things out.
"My life is none of Rhys' business any more"
“He’s not interested – and don’t you dare tell him!” Hywel growls, “My Life is none of Rhys’ business any more.”   
"You had better sort yourself out, mate!"
As he leaves, Jason tells Hywel to sort himself out, because not everyone will be as understanding as him.
Hywel's solution is that bottle of Bell's Whisky . . .
Hywel’s solution to this is to look across to the Bell’s Whisky, 
. . . next to the milk which should be in the fridge
next to the four-pint bottle of milk, which has been left out of the fridge, 
He pours a generous measure into the mug
and to pour himself another drink.
"I couldn't face going on my own"
Kelly thanks Sara for coming to Y Felin;  “I couldn’t face going on my own – and I couldn’t ask anyone else, obviously.”   
"We're going clothes shopping, Auntie Anita"
Anita comes home, and is informed that they are going clothes shopping, but thinks it is rather late for that.
Rhys and Arwen make party preparations
While Ffion has been on her run, Rhys has been preparing a party, with the help of Arwen;  
"What are you doing?"
Ffion wonders what they are doing, and he tells her that this is to cheer her up.   
"There's enough to feed the 5,000!"
“There’s enough crisps and pop here to feed the 5,000!” she exclaims, 
"We've got friends coming over, haven't we?"
and he replies they have got friends coming over to play games.   “You’ve organised a party?   Arwen has school in the morning!”   
"I'm doing this for you, Ffi"
He emphasises that he is doing this for Ffion, and then the buzzer sounds;  
DJ is the first to arrive
he refuses to cancel the party, but lets in DJ.   Ffion goes for a shower.
Kelly sits apprehensively
In the waiting room, Kelly looks apprehensive, and Sara advises her, 
"I can change the appointment for you"
“You don’t have to do this today if you’re not ready – I can change the appointment,” but then Kelly Charles’ name is called, 
"I have to do this . . ."

and she says but she has to do this, 
". . . and I have to do it on my own"
and there are some things she has to do on her own.
"I shall only be at the party a couple of hours"
In the Deri, Tesni tells her mother that she only wants to go to the party for a few hours, and her father is away in Llandysul;  
Tesni is about to go
she gets up and leaves, while Hywel, who now has a drink from the bar, 
"Do you want some company?"
comes over and asks Jaclyn if she wants some company.
She declines his offer, 
Casanova Llywelyn still thinks he is irresistible
but he sits down just the same, and she does not look very happy about the situation.   
Kelly does not look too happy
Kelly returns, with a solemn expression which disturbs Sara;  
"Is the baby all right, Kelly?"
she asks if the baby is all right.   
"He's fine – he's perfect!"
With tears in her eyes, Kelly replies, “He’s fine – he’s perfect, look,” 
She shows Sara the scan
and shows the picture of the scan.   
"I'm so happy for you, Kelly!"
Sara is so happy for her, but as they hug, 
Kelly's expression changes to one of dread
Kelly’s expression changes.
Arwen appears to be a snakes and ladders expert
Arwen has beaten DJ again at snakes and ladders, and Mathew considers that someone needs to teach DJ how to play.   He boasts to Tesni that he used to be a champion, and Ffion remarks that everyone has a talent.
"What's your talent, Mrs Llywelyn?"
Tesni asks what is Mrs Llywelyn’s talent, and Rhys says, “You can call her Ffion tonight,” which does not go down too well with Ffion.
"I feel uncomfortable, having a pupil here"
“I feel uncomfortable, having a pupil here,” she tells Rhys, “And I’m sorry for earlier – I was angry, and you were only trying to help.”   
Sioned has broken the 'no alcohol' rule
Then the buzzer sounds once more, and this time it is Sioned, who has brought a bottle, despite the instructions that there was to be no alcohol.
“I had a few swigs on the way, sorry,” she tells them, “Unlike you lot, I don’t like to be boring.”
"If you'd like a bit of fun some time . . ."
In the Deri, Hywel suggests, “If you’d like a bit of fun some time . . .”   Jaclyn looks at him, askance, and replies that she is happy with Gerwyn.   “Even happy people can have fun sometimes,” he goes on, 
For some reason, Jaclyn has abruptly lost her appetite
and by now Jaclyn has been put off her food, and leaves.
"No thanks, Hywel, we're going for a meal"
Jason and Sara come in, and Hywel offers to buy them a drink, but Sara refuses, as they are going for a meal.   
"A woman of your talents . . ."
Hywel assures her that a woman of her talents will soon find another job;  
"Hold on to this one, Jase"
“Hold on to this one, Jase – she’s stuck with you through everything.   
"People turn their backs on me – even my own son!"
“People turn their backs on me – even my own son!” he says, regretfully.
"Have you bought anything?"
Anita finds that Kelly has returned and asks if she bought anything;  
"I went to the hospital for a scan"
she admits, “I haven’t been to the shops – I went to the hospital – for a scan, and I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.   Do you want to see a picture of my baby boy?”
"The baby is fine"
She shows the picture to Anita, who asks if everything is all right;  “The baby is fine,” is the reply, 
"How am I going to explain everything to him?"
“I just don’t know how I’m going to explain everything to him – about his father and what he did.”
Anita assures her that she has plenty of time until then, 
"You don't have to tell him anything"
and that she does not have to tell the baby anything.   
"If I want to tell him, I'll tell him!"
“If I want to tell him, I’ll tell him,” stresses Kelly, 
"You certainly can't tell him the truth!"
but Anita is quite adamant that he cannot be told the truth.
"I'm not going to lie!"
“I’m not going to lie!” Kelly exclaims.
"What is the world's most populated island?"
By now, Arwen has gone to bed, and DJ reads a question, “What is the world’s most populated island?”   
"Anglesey!"
Sioned immediately suggests that it is Anglesey, 
"Probably somewhere in Asia"
and when Ffion comes in, she believes it is somewhere in Asia, but Sioned shouts that it is Australia.
"The answer is Java"
Apparently the correct answer is Java, 
"This game is boring!"
but Sioned is by this time bored with the game and goes to get herself another drink.   
"Are you all right, Sioned?"
Ffion asks if she is all right, and Sioned answers, “Of course – I have to be.”   
Sioned does not want to talk about anything
Ffion points out that she is a good listener, but this is dismissed as Sioned suggests the game when they stick names on their foreheads, adding that they do not have to be famous names.
"He tried it on with me, the pig!"
Hywel is still drinking, this time in Tapas, and now appears to be feeling the effects;  Jaclyn tells Anita that he tried it on with her earlier, describing him as, “The pig!”   
"You want to be very careful with that one!"
Anita advises her to be very careful with him, then goes to ask the customers if everything is all right.   
"The food was lovely – but . . ."
Sara says that the food is lovely, but gives the impression that the company is less so, glancing in the direction of Hywel.
Anita jumps to another unwarranted conclusion
Anita begins, “I wish you hadn’t filled Kelly’s head with nonsense – where else would she get the idea of being honest with the baby?”   
Sara replies that she has said no such thing, but, as a friend, is more than happy to support her;  
"Perhaps you should do the same!"
“Perhaps you should do the same!” she pointedly recommends to Anita.
"Get them another bottle of wine, Anita!"
Hywel asks Anita to get Jason and Sara another bottle of wine, so he can apologise for last week’s misunderstanding;  
Sara can see that he has had quite enough to drink, and he thinks that she may be right, so he staggers off, commenting, “I’ll go home while I can still walk.”   
Why is Hywel turning left just there?
As he goes through the door, instead of going downstairs, he turns left.
"He just sat there, getting drunk!"
“I can’t believe he followed us over here!” complains Sara, “He didn’t even order food – just sat there, getting drunk!”   Anita brings the bottle of wine Hywel bought for them, and Sara says she does not want it, 
"I've opened it now!"
but Anita snarls, “I’ve opened it now!”   
Jason urges her to make the most of the free wine
Jason tells Sara to just enjoy it.
Hywel is in the gent's toilet . . .
We find that Hywel has diverted into the gent’s toilet, where he splashes water over his face, 
. . . and what he sees in the mirror is not a pretty sight
looks at himself in the mirror, 
He makes his way into a toilet cubicle
then stumbles unsteadily into one of the toilet cubicles and closes the door.
"Am I old?   Am I boring?"
Tesni, with the name of Megan stuck to her forehead, asks if she is old, and Sioned groans, “Ancient!”   The next question is if she is boring, and when that is confirmed, 
"Must be Megan, then!"
Tesni realises that it is Megan.
"How about Siôn?"
DJ is the only one left, but opinions are divided whether his character is old or not, and when told that he is boring, chooses Siôn, but then has a look, insisting that Jim is not old.   
"He is old when you're only 17!"
“He is when you’re still 17,” Tesni points out.
"Unlike you, I don't need my beauty sleep!"
Sioned is now tired of the party, and proposes to go to the Deri;  “Unlike you, I don’t need my beauty sleep,” she insists.   
"I'm worried about Sioned"
When she has gone, Ffion expresses her concern about Sioned, and advises DJ to keep an eye on her.   Tesni had better go, before her father gets home, and so Ffion and Rhys are left alone.
"I did enjoy it tonight"
She thanks him for tonight, which she did enjoy, and she appreciates his unsuccessful attempt to ban alcohol.
"I'm glad you're still up"
Anita gets home from Tapas, and is pleased to see that Kelly is still up;  
"You're not thinking straight!"
“You know what we were talking about earlier – you’re not thinking straight!”   
"What I need is support, not judgement!"
Kelly suggests that what she needs is support, not judgement.   “I’m not judging you,” Anita insists.
“But you want me to lie!” Kelly points out.   
"You should consider not telling the whole truth"
Anita denies this, maintaining that she should consider not telling the whole truth, which Kelly considers is exactly the same.   Anita maintains that one is kinder than the other.
"I've lived with secrets too long"
“I’ve lived with secrets for too long – I can’t do it any more,” says Kelly but she is reminded that she cannot just think about herself any more – she has to consider what is best for the little one as well.
Jason and Sara leave Tapas . . .
The last of the customers leave Tapas, 
. . . so Jaclyn can close the place
and Jaclyn turns off the lights and shuts up shop;  
Meanwhile, in the toilet, snoring is heard
in the toilet can be heard the sound of loud snoring.