17 July 2019

Dylan has moved into the Tapas office
Dylan is in the Tapas office when Jaclyn brings him coffee, and complains, “Lady B went to bed at 2:00am this morning!”   He thinks that she enjoyed herself;  
"Brenda drank too much, by the looks of her"
“Too much, by the looks of her this morning,” says Jaclyn.   
"Why did Gerwyn go home early?"
Dylan wonders what was wrong with Gerwyn, going home early, and reckons that he cannot handle the pace.
Sara arrives for her first day
Sara arrives early on her first day, and Jaclyn goes to get her a coffee;  
"Our weekly Cash and Carry order"
“I’d like you to e-mail this order to the Cash and Carry – we shall order the same each week – then I’ll show you where everything is,” Dylan tells her.
"It will be nice to spend someone else's money"
When he hands her the company credit card, she remarks, “It will be nice to spend someone else’s money for a change.”
This is what a hangover looks like
Sioned is just out of bed, with a hangover, 
"Have you just got up?"
and when DJ and Mathew come in, Mathew draws attention to her appearance;  “Have you just got up?”   
"You didn't get home till five – and made a hell of a noise!"
DJ is not surprised she has a monster hangover as she did not get home until five this morning – and made a hell of a noise in the process.
Mathew is concerned that she went out, again, 
"What does it matter?"
but she wonders, “What does it matter?”   
Then a strange man appears
Just then, a stranger, stripped to the waist, walks in, 
"This is Gareth . . . um . . . Garem"
and Sioned introduces him as Gareth, but he points out his name is Garem.   She hands him a glass of water; 
DJ and Mathew look at each other in silence
DJ and Mathew look at each other but make no comment.
Diane had not thought of Awyr Iach as a gym
As they emerge from Yr Antur, Diane remarks to Rhys, “I never thought that someone would want to turn Awyr Iach into a gym,” and he says that he has always wanted to open his own place.   
"It's ideal, in the middle of the village"
This would be the ideal place, in the middle of the village, but it is all dependent on the price.
He finds the cost is too much
Diane informs him, “We want a £500 deposit, then the rent is £500 per month.”   He asks if the deposit could be waived, as she knows him, but Diane is unmoved, 
He tries to get some form of reduction
then he wants to know if the rent is negotiable, but again the answer is no.   
"Jason and Sara still had to pay £500"
“Jason and Sara were family, and they still had to pay £500,” she tells him.   He predicts that if she cannot get another tenant, the place could be empty for months;  
"I'm looking at some other places"
he will get back to her, as he is also looking at some other places.
"You were so hammered, you didn't even remember his name!"
As Sioned takes the toast from the toaster, DJ says, “You were so hammered, you didn’t even remember his name!” but she does not seem to care.   
"Anything could have happened to you!"
“Anything could have happened to you!” DJ continues, but she points out that nothing did.   
Garem hopes to hear from Sioned 
Garem, now fully clothed, is leaving, and assumes that Sioned will phone him.
Then her phone sounds, and she finds that it is a call from her mother, 
"I'm not talking to her!"
but neither of the boys will answer 
"Don't look at me, Sioned!"
and lie to Eileen that Sioned is ill.   She picks up a slice of toast and then goes back to bed, 
"You're very harsh!"
describing their attitude as, “Harsh!”   
"That girl is getting worse!"
Mathew is of the opinion that she is getting worse.
Anita doubts whether she will ever find a job
Anita looks at the situations vacant columns in the paper, particularly one for a Gin House Manager, when Siôn asks her if she wants another cup of tea.   She has tried several places, but has been unsuccessful;  
"What if no-one wants me?"
“What if no-one wants me?   Well, Dylan doesn’t want me, does he?”   Siôn is sure that she will find another job, and suggests going to the village for some lunch.
"The last thing I want to do is meet Sara"
Anita is adamant, “No – the last thing I want to do is come face to face with Sara – she’s starting at Tapas today.   You go – I’ll be fine, honest,” she replies.
"She has charm, doesn't she?"
Sara is chatting to the customers, and Jaclyn remarks to Dylan that she has charm;  
The operation on his knee seems to have been successful
then they see Hywel, who now appears to be walking much more easily, coming in, and Sara welcomes him.   Dylan, however, looks very suspicious.
"Chilled white Sancerre"
Hywel orders a glass of chilled white Sancerre, and then is given the menu;  he comments, 
"There isn't much choice, is there?"
“There isn’t much choice here, is there?” 
"It's freshly cooked for each meal"
but Sara answers that there is plenty of variety, freshly cooked for every meal.   She is sure he will find something to his taste.   
He is obviously up to something
Hywel is looking conspiratorial.
"Right, Mathew, one all-day breakfast"
In the café, Kelly brings Mathew his all-day breakfast, then Siôn comes in, looking burdened;  “All right, what’s wrong?” Kelly demands, 
"I can read you like a book, Siôn"
“Don’t say ‘nothing’, because I can read you like a book.”   He says that her aunt is afraid that she will never get another job, and that no-one wants her.
"She doesn't want to see anyone"
“I asked her to come here for lunch, but she doesn’t want to see anyone,” he goes on, and Kelly does not think that sounds like Auntie Neet, who she describes as ‘awesome’
"Bring here here after the café closes"
“Bring her here after the café closes, and I’ll cheer her up,” Kelly promises, 
"Use your amazing powers of persuasion!"
“And if she won’t come out of the house, use your amazing powers of persuasion!”
"I ordered red wine" — oh, no you did not!
Sara brings Hywel his wine and the chicken liver paté;  he protests that he ordered red wine, but she replies that it was, “Chilled white Sancerre.”   
"I know what I ordered!"
Hywel is quite adamant that he knows what he ordered, 
"We've got a right trouble-maker here!"
and Dylan is keeping  a close eye on him, 
"I'll change it, then"
as Sara agrees that she will change it.
Then he moans, “Is that all I’m having?” and she explains that the whole point of Tapas is to order a lot of small plates.   
"£7 for this?"
“Yes, I know, but £7 for this?” he drones on.   She invites him to taste it, and to let her know if he is not happy.
"He's just come to stir!"
Dylan remarks to Jaclyn, “He’s just come to stir because I got the place – if he complains about the food in front of customers . . .”   Jaclyn stresses that there is nothing wrong with the food, and he should not let Hywel wind him up.   
Hywel considers that things are going according to plan
Hywel is meanwhile looking pleased with himself.
"I know – and I don't like it!"
Sara says she does not know what is wrong with Hywel, but Dylan is quite sure he does;  “And I don’t like it!”
Ffion is back from the dentist
Ffion comes into Cysgod y Glyn and reports that the dentist does not want to see her for another six months, but Rhys simply grunts;  
"I'm disappointed that Diane wants to charge so much"
after initial denials that anything is wrong, he explains that he is disappointed that Diane wants to charge him so much for the use of Awyr Iach as a gym.
He could really develop the business
“I could really develop the business if I had my own place,” he says, 
"It would be a lot of work"
but she envisages a lot of work to turn it into a gym;  “But they want £500 a month in rent,” he groans, 
"It's too much of a stretch!"
“By that time I give them the deposit, buy equipment, sort out insurance, do work on the place – it’s too much of a stretch!   So I’ll just have to go back to dreaming.”
Ffion announces she will supply the money
Ffion announces, “I’ll give you the money – I’ve got some savings, and it’s a great idea.   I know you weren’t hinting about money, but how much would you need?”
Sara circulates around the diners
Sara enquires whether everything is all right, and Hywel calls to her;  
"I can't eat these – they're far too spicy!"
“Listen, I can’t eat these – they’re far too spicy!”   She points out that they only have a ‘two chilli’ rating, but he describes that as, “Completely misleading!”  She will take them back to the kitchen, but Dylan, who is nearby, intervenes.
"There's nothing wrong with the meatballs!"
“No – there’s nothing wrong with the meatballs – it says clearly on the menu how hot they are.   You’re just here to stir things, because I got the place.”   
Hywel laughs at him
Hywel laughs at the suggestion, and Dylan continues, “You’re a bad loser!”
He is told that he cannot take criticism, and Sara tries to calm things, 
"I'd like you to leave – and don't come back!"
but Dylan insists, “You’re not being fair, Hywel – if you don’t mind, I’d like you to leave – and don’t come back!”
"You're banning me?"
Hywel says he cannot believe that he is being banned;  
"I won't put up with this nonsense!"
“You are – and I can do what I like, because I’m the owner – I won’t put up with this nonsense!”   He will not listen to Sara, who urges him not to be hasty.
"OK, then, I'll go"
Hywel agrees, as this exhibition is what he had intended, but as he leaves, 
Llinos, Madge and Beti do not like their meal being spoiled
he announces to all the customers, 
"Did you hear that?   How he talks to customers who complain?"
“Did you hear that?   How he talks to customers who complain?”   Dylan explains that he is only there to cause trouble, but Hywel has not finished yet;  
"There's not much hope for this place!"
“If this is how you handle criticism, there’s not much hope for this place!”   Only now does he actually leave.
"I don't care what other people say!"
“I don’t care what other people say!” stresses Ffion, 
"I don't want them to think I'm sponging"
but Rhys does not want people to think he is sponging.   She replies that she is offering to give him the money;  
"I could hold Mindfulness Classes there"
“It’s a good idea – I could hold Mindfulness Classes there – I’d love to do that.   How much do you need?”
He hesitantly suggest a figure of around £4,000, 
"That's not a lot, Rhys!"
and she says that is not  a lot;  
"It would take ages to pay it back"
“It would take ages to pay you back,” he protests, but Ffion regards it as an investment, not a loan.   
She tells him that they would have to do everything legally;  “I’ve got the money and I’d really like to invest.   If we made a success of it, imagine how exciting the future would be!”   He is relieved that she sees a future for the two of them, and she assures him, “I wouldn’t offer otherwise, would I?   
Is this all a con?   I do not trust that Rhys!
“What do you say – shall we go for it?”   He gives her a hug.
"How about a takeaway from Cwm Delhi tonight ?"
In the Deri, Mathew says he does not feel like cooking tonight, so proposes a takeaway from Cwm Delhi.   
Sioned now seems to have recovered
Sioned, now recovered from her hangover, arrives, 
Even Dan thinks this is inadvisable
ordering a double vodka for herself and a pint for Mathew and DJ, 
"You can't leave me on my own"
insisting that they cannot go home and leave her on her on her own.
Rhys does want to rent the unit
Rhys catches up with Diane and informs her that he does want to rent the unit;  “I’ve thought about it, and I want to go for it!” he enthuses.   
They shake hands on the deal
She cannot see any problem, and they shake hands on the deal.
As Anita comes upstairs to the café flat, Kelly assures her that nothing is wrong;  “Siôn said I had to come and see you straightaway!” Anita tells her, and is surprised to see that a teaparty has been prepared.
"You've done this for me?"
“You’ve done this for me – after everything you’ve been through?” Anita gasps, and Kelly replies that a little birdie told her that her Auntie was a bit fed up.
"Do you really want to serve chickpeas and chorizo for the rest of your life?"
“Losing your job?   That’s no big deal!   Did you really want to serve chickpeas and chorizo for the rest of your life?”   
"The baby's hiccupping!"
Then she clutches her stomach;  “The baby’s hiccupping – been on the pop!   
"Would you mind if I called you 'Gran'?"
“I’ve been thinking  – would you mind if I called you ‘Gran’?”   Anita says that she would love it, and Kelly reminds her, “Mam hasn’t been here – you have!”
"It's only a matter of time"
Then she encourages Anita to sit down;  “You’ll get another job – it’s only a matter of time, because you’re amazing.   
"Which cake do you fancy, Gran?"
“Right, which cake do you fancy, Gran?”
Sioned is well on the way to another hangover
Sioned is downing the alcohol as if there is no tomorrow, and is told that they ought to go home, 
"What – sit in front of the box all evening?"
but she is unwilling to sit in front of the box all evening.   They do not want any more drinks, and she objects to paying for another round;  
"If you're skint, come home with us"
“If you’re skint, come home with us,” suggests DJ, but she calls them boring, 
She has trouble standing up
and lurches unsteadily across to the bar, 
"That idiot, Dylan!"
where Hywel is complaining at length to Dan the barman about his treatment at Tapas, and particularly ‘that idiot, Dylan!’
"You can buy me a drink, if you like!"
Sioned invites him to buy her a drink;  
Hywel knows an opportunity when it presents itself
“They’re no fun – and I’ve always said you know how to enjoy yourself!”   
Mathew and DJ are concerned
Mathew and DJ are concerned about her.
"I'll be back before closing time"
One of Tapas’ customers is just leaving in a car when Dylan comes out, telling Sara he will be back before closing time;  she accuses him of being rather rash earlier.   
"It won't help the business, you know"
“It won’t help the business when people hear you’re banning customers.”
“You would have let Hywel walk all over you, would you?” Dylan replies, caustically, and she maintains that throwing him out was stupid.  
"I don't think you should call the boss 'stupid'!|
“I don’t think you should call the boss ‘stupid’,” he warns, “It’s my restaurant, my rules!   When I want your advice, I’ll ask for it!”
Siôn and Anita are out for a stroll
Siôn and Anita happen to be nearby and witness this;  
"Things don't look too rosy there!"
Anita does not think that things look too rosy there;   “He might realise he made a mistake sacking you,” Siôn suggests, but she is confident that now she is moving on to better things.
Sioned is laughing and drinking
At the bar, Sioned is laughing uproariously with Hywel;  
"I can see why women like you!"
“Now I can see why women like you!” she giggles.
Mathew can see that she is making a fool of herself, 
Hywel is anticipating another notch on his bedpost
and when Hywel remarks that he has a bottle of Chablis at home, if she is interested, 
"Sioned needs rescuing!"
DJ considers it time they rescued her, “Before she goes to bed with him!   He’s old enough to be her father!”
"I'm not sure how long we're staying"
Hywel tells them he is not sure how long they will be staying, and DJ takes Sioned to one side;  
"You're not thinking of going home with Hywel?"
“You’re not thinking of going home with Hywel?   He’s a womaniser,” he says.
"You don't really think I'd sleep with Hywel, do you?"
Sioned rather raucously replies, “You don’t really think I’d sleep with Hywel, do you?   
"Everyone who sleeps with him dies!"
“Listen, everyone who sleeps with him dies!”   Then, too late, she realises what she has said.
"Sheryl died exactly a year ago this week!"
“You do know that Sheryl died exactly a year ago this week, don’t you?” Hywel growls, 
"I'm so sorry, Hywel"
and Sioned apologises.   
Hywel appears to have made another enemy
“You’re disgusting!” he snarls and walks out of the Deri.