9 July 2019

They find the café is closed
Sara discovers that the café is closed, which is unusual;  
"Has Kelly said anything to you?"
she asks Anita if Kelly has said anything to her, and Anita has received no answer to her phone calls.   
"I'll go home and get the key"
She will go home to fetch the café key, 
"Kelly, are you there?"
and meanwhile Sara shouts Kelly’s name through the letterbox.
"Tuna mayonnaise sandwiches all right?"
Britt has prepared tuna mayonnaise sandwiches for Aaron, who is going on a school trip to Oakwood;  she tells Colin that she does not want him to starve.   
"I'm so pleased you're home!"
She gives Aaron a hug, and is so pleased that he is home.
"I was thinking of doing a shift in the chip shop today"
She suggests to Colin, “I was thinking of doing a shift in the chip shop today – it’s time I got off my backside.”   He tells her to go for it, if that is how she feels, but when Garry arrives, he is not so keen on the idea.
"Sorry, but I've been busy, Britt"
He is sorry that he has not been over before, but has been busy;  “As you can see, I’m fine!” Britt informs him, 
"She's going back to work today"
and Colin points out that she is going back to work in the chip shop today.
"I am here, you know!"
“She can’t do that!” Garry insists, “She hasn’t worked for months!”   Britt stresses that she is still there, and argues that it will do her good to get out of the house.   
"If things get difficult, you stop!"
Garry relents, but instructs her that if things get difficult, she is to stop, but both she and Colin are confident that it will not come to that.
She urges Aaron to hurry up, or he will miss the bus, and he leaves quite happily;  Britt will go and get changed, ready for work.   
"I hope you know what you're doing"
Garry tells Colin, “I hope you know what you’re doing,” and is told that this is the best thing that could happen to Britt.   In any case, Colin will be with her.
Jim has become quite enthusiastic
At Penrhewl, Jim appears to have changed his mind about swimming lessons;  “I never thought I’d hear myself say this, but I’m looking forward to it!”   Eifion points out that he has a good teacher.
"I'm sure the swimming lessons will tire him out"
Eileen has just got Huwi off to sleep, and remarks, “I’m sure the swimming lessons Izzy was talking about will help tire him out.   It’s important that every child learns to swim before they get too old.   Has Izzy sent you more information?   
"The three of us could go to the pool on Sunday"
“Perhaps the three of us could go to the pool on Sunday, so Huwi can get used to the water before the club starts.”
"I shall be catching up with the farmwork then"
Jim says that he will be catching up with farmwork on Sunday, and Eifion points out that he will not be able to help, as he is not around on Sunday.   
"I said I'm busy – all right?"
“Do you have to go on about it?   I’ve said I’m busy – all right?” Jim growls, and walks out of the room.
Sara finds the cupboard empty
Sara is now in the café flat, and looks in the cupboard, finding that the box is no longer there;  
"Her bed hasn't been slept in"
Anita reports that her bed has not been slept in, and Sara informs her, “The ashes are missing.”
"I should have listened to you yesterday!"
Anita wails, “This is my fault – I should have listened to you yesterday.   I’m so stupid – I don’t know why I hadn’t noticed!    Why on earth didn’t she tell me she had been to get Ed’s ashes?   Did she have to go?”
"Kelly is strong"
Sara tries to reassure her that Kelly is strong, and is certain that she will be fine.   Then Anita’s phone sounds, and that she finds a text from Kelly, 
A reassuring message from Kelly
reading, “I’m all right, don’t worry,” which comes as a great relief.   
"I expect she just wanted some time to herself"
Sara assumes that she just wanted some time to herself to go for a walk.
“Look, I’m going swimming later – you’re welcome to come with me – it might help you relax,” says Sara, but Anita declines the invitation, commenting that she will stay there, in case Kelly comes back.   
"I'm there, if either of you need me"
Sara reminds her that she is there if either she or Kelly need her.
Colin's batter-making . . .
Colin is making batter in the chip shop, and Britt says that it is too thin;  
. . . leaves a lot to be desired . . .
“It won’t stick to the fish!   You need more flour,” 
. . . and his addition of flour is much the same
so he fetches the catering size pack of McDougall’s flour and begins adding it in a rather haphazard fashion.
"At the rate Colin works, we'll be here all day!"
Dani has just come in, and is told by Britt, “I hope you’re not in rush – at the rate Colin works, we’ll be here all day!”   
"I've come to help, Britt!"
Dani says that she is there to help, which Britt translates as, “Garry sent you!”   She replies that she can help with any cleaning that needs to be done.
"I'd be a lot quicker without you under my feet"
“No, everything is under control, Dan – well, apart from Colin,” Britt tells them, “I’ve got a lot of work to do, and Id be a lot quicker without you two under my feet, so off you go.   Go on, shoo!   You wont be far away, and I’ll phone if I have a problem.”
The flour left there is bound to feature later in the episode
Colin leaves the still-open pack of flour in a precarious position at the end of the shelf, and Britt resumes her work.
The second swimming lesson begins
At the swimming pool, Eifion encourages Jim that when he gains some confidence he will be able to swim like the others in the pool.   They will go over what they learned last week;  
Eifion gives instructions . . .
“Grab the float, and kick up and down.”   
. . . and the splashing starts again
Jim does so, splashing violently, 
Then Jim loses his float, and has to be rescued
but then loses his float, and Eifion has to go to rescue him.
"I almost drowned!"
“I almost drowned!” splutters Jim, “I hate going on my stomach!”   
"It would be a good idea to wear armbands"
Eifion thinks it would be a good idea to wear armbands, 
"I'd look ridiculous!"
but Jim flatly refuses;  “I’d look ridiculous!” he shouts.   
Eifion wonders whether he really does want to learn to swim, 

and predicts, “At this rate, Huwi will be 18 before you can get in the pool with him!   It’s worth a try, isn’t it?   Go and ask that lifeguard if you can borrow a couple.”
A stone's throw from Penrhewl . . .
Out in a field, within sight of Penrhewl, 
. . . Eileen is out for a walk
Eileen is taking Huwi for a walk, when she discovers Kelly, sitting on the blanket.   
Kelly is miles away
Eileen speaks to her, but receives no reply;  “Kelly, are you all right?” she asks.
"What am I supposed to do with a murderer's ashes?"
Kelly finally turns and asks, “What am I supposed to do with a murderer’s ashes?”
Britt in her smart new apron . . .
In the chip shop, Britt is checking that she has everything ready;  “Sausage, pasties, pies, fish, beans, mushy peas, curry.”   
. . . checks that everything is ready
Anita comes to the counter, and Britt comments, “You must think I’m doolally, talking to myself,” and reveals that it is her first day back;  
"I would have forgotten the difference between haddock and sausage!"
“I had to come back some time or I would have forgotten the difference between haddock and sausage!”
"Kelly's coming along, slowly"
Anita says that Kelly is coming along slowly, and Britt knows from experience that it takes time;  “That’s what people don’t understand.”   Anita wants two frozen pies, so she can pick them up later, 
That bag of flour is about to go flying
and predictably, as Britt passes, she knocks the bag of flour to the floor.
"That was a silly place to leave the flour!"
“That was a silly place to leave the flour – 
It has created quite a mess . . .
“look at the mess!” she exclaims, 
. . . but Aaron appears to help
and just at that moment, Aaron appears.   
"It's all right – I'll help Mam clear up"
He will assist his mother to clear up, and Anita will call back later for the pies.
At first, Aaron says that the school trip finished early, 
"You wanted to keep an eye on your mother"
but Britt realises, “You didn’t go, did you?   You wanted to keep an eye on your mother.   Well, now you’re here, you can help me!   Wait until I get hold of that Colin!   
"Right, go and get the brush"
“Go on – get that brush.”
"I still don't know how I'm supposed to feel!"
Eileen is now sitting with Kelly, as she says, “I still don’t know how I’m supposed to feel – grief – anger?   It’s just been one big mess for weeks.”   
"That's the way I felt about Angela"
Eileen can sympathise, as that is the way she felt about Angela.   “At least, she wasn’t a murderer,” points out Kelly. 
Eileen emphasises that she’s really hurt people and did not seem to regret it – but whatever she did, she was still Eileen’s daughter.   
"Ed's my baby's father – I can't change that!"
“And Ed is my baby’s father – I can’t change that either,” sighs Kelly, “That’s why it’s so complicated.”   
"Have you been here all night?"
Eileen remarks that life is not black and white;  “Ed could be kind – and Angela could be sweet.   Have you been here all night?”   
"I couldn't spend another night in the flat – with him!"
Kelly replies that she could not spend another night in the flat;  “Just me and him!   And I couldn't find anywhere to scatter the ashes, so I ended up here.”
Eileen says that she must be freezing, 
"I've had enough now"
but Kelly insists, “I did my best to help him, Eileen, but I’ve had enough now – I’m beyond feeling sentimental, and forcing myself to do the right thing.   
"I just want to get rid of him!"
“I just want to get rid of him!   Is that awful?”
“You can’t let him ruin your life for ever,” says Eileen, 
"What's important now is you – and the baby"
“What’s important now is you – and the baby.   Huwi will want to be fed now,” she says, as the sound of him waking in his pram can be heard, and Eileen adds, “You’re welcome to scatter the ashes here if you want – it doesn’t matter now.”
She looks at the box . . .
Kelly looks at the box, 
. . . picks it up . . .
then picks it up 
. . . and carries it to the waterside
and walks slowly down to the edge of the river.   
She opens the box . . .
Opening the box, 
. . . takes out the plastic bag . . .
she takes out the plastic bag of ashes 
. . . scattering the ashes in the water . . .
and scatters them in the water;  
. . . and feels some kind of release
she appears to be relieved.
Jim appears to be the cause of some sniggering
At the swimming pool, some of the children appear to be amused by the sight of Jim in his armbands, 
but Eifion tells him to take no notice.   
"Are you learning to swim?"
Sara appears and comments that she has not seen Jim here before.   “Are you learning to swim?” she asks.
"No, I wear these for fun!"
He angrily replies, “No, I wear them for fun!”   
"Ifan has some similar ones"
When she mentions that Ifan has some very similar ones, Jim begins ranting, “You can’t wait to tell Jason and Dai!   
"Everyone will laugh at me!"
“Everyone will laugh at me!   I’m not doing this any more – it was a silly idea from the start!”
When Eifion accuses him of being childish, 
"At least I won't look like a child any more!"
Jim snarls, “At least I won’t look like a child any more!   
Jim barges his way back to the changing room
“And not a word of this to Eileen!”
"It's almost like having the old Britt back!"
In the Deri, Colin is looking very pleased;  “There’s no comparison – it's almost like having the old Britt back.”   Dani laughs that she threw them out of the chippy.   
"She's so much better!"
“You have to give her a chance, Garry, she’s so much better!”
"There's a difference between improving and going back to work"
He insists there is a difference between improving and going back to work, but Colin is confident that she will phone if there is a problem;  
"It's a big step forward, Garry"
Dani regards it as a big step forward.
But then they are given disturbing news by Anita;  
"I was in the chip shop, and Britt's had an accident"
“I don’t want to interfere, but I was in the chip shop, and Britt has had an accident.”   Before hearing any more, Colin and Garry go rushing off.
Britt has just served Anne with her order
However, by this time, the mess has been cleared up and Britt is serving customers;  she tells Aaron that she has virtually sold out.   
"Are you OK, Britt?"
Then Colin comes in, demanding if she is OK, as Anita said she had an accident.
"Someone left flour on the edge of the shelf!"
“Because someone left the flour on the edge of the shelf!” explains Aaron, and Colin realises that he was to blame.   
"We cleared it up between us"
Britt points out that there was a terrible mess, but she and Aaron cleared it up.   
"Mam's a real pro!"
She is described as, “A real pro!” by Aaron, “All the customers were happy.”
She is given a hug by Colin . . .
Colin knew that she could do it, and gives her a hug, 
. . . and she warns him to stay out of the kitchen
but she warns him, “Stay out of my kitchen from now on – all right?”
Kelly is back home in the flat . . .
Kelly has returned to the café flat, 
. . . much to Anita's relief
and Anita comes upstairs, pleased to see that she is back;  
"I didn't know what was going on with the ashes"
“I’m so sorry, love, I didn’t know what was going on with the ashes,” but Kelly assures her that it is all sorted now.
"I'm in the mood to celebrate!"
“Right – the Deri – I’m in the mood to celebrate!” Kelly announces, then adds, “I almost forgot!”   
She takes out the box . . .
She takes the empty box from her bag 
. . . and disposes of it in the bin
and unceremoniously dumps it in the pedal bin.   
"Don't worry – it's empty!"
“Don’t worry – it’s empty!” she informs Anita.
"Its difficult for everyone at the start"
Eifion finds Jim in the Deri and says that it is difficult for everyone at the start;  it was only his second lesson.   
"It was my last lesson – I've made my decision!"
Jim makes it quite clear that it was his last;  “I’ve made my decision!”   Eifion tells him that now is his chance to tell Eileen about the decision.
"Can I smell chlorine?"
She has taken Huwi to Elinor and is meeting the girls there;  “Can I smell chlorine?” she asks, 
"Sheep dip!"
and they come up with the old sheep dip explanation.   
"Right, I'm going home!"
Jim says that he is going home and will collect Huwi on the way;  Eifion also makes a quick getaway.

Kelly opens a bottle of champagne
At the bar, Kelly is opening a bottle of champagne, as Eileen says she does not know what is the matter with Jim today.   
"To those who have gone . . ."
Kelly proposes a toast, “To those who have gone – 
". . . and those they have left behind . . ."
“and those they have left behind.   
". . . and to a bright new future!"
“And to a bright new future!”