26 July 2019

Did he keep the baseball cap on all night?"
In the morning, the back door of the shop opens, and Rhys (who appears not to have taken off his baseball cap) emerges;  he and Sioned look around carefully to make sure no one has seen them.   “I won’t tell Ffion,” she assures him, “It was the first and last time.”   
"I'm glad we understand each other"
He is glad that they understand each other, 
Sioned kisses him . . .
and she gives him a kiss;  
. . . and he heads towards Cysgod y Glyn 
he walks up the back street towards Cysgod y Glyn.
Kath furiously shakes the sauce bottle, 
'My back's killing me!"
as Mark complains, “My back’s killing me,” 
"Fallen out with Debbie, have you?"
pointing out that he and Debbie have not fallen out, but coming up with an excuse about having too much to drink last night, 
"I couldn't manage it up the stairs last night"
meaning he was unable to make it to bed.
"We're going out to a show"
Debbie looks very pleased with herself, and announces that they are having a day out, going to a show.   
"I thought the Royal Welsh had finished"
Ricky was under the impression that the Royal Welsh finished yesterday, 
"No, a West End show – Les Mis"
so they emphasise that they mean a West End show, plucking the name ‘Les Mis’ out of the air.   
Debbie maintains, “I found two tickets on Facebook – the bus is picking us up from town.”   
Kath would have liked to go to that
They regret there are no more tickets left, so Kath cannot accompany them.
"Perfect opportunity for the band to practise"
When they have gone, Kath says that it is the perfect opportunity for the band to practise, and Ricky will text the boys to inform them.
"I've tried to phone you so many times!"
Rhys arrives back at Cysgod y Glyn, where Ffion has been very worried about him;  “I’ve tried to phone you so many times!”   He says he did not want to talk.
"Don't let this nonsense ruin our relationship"
“Please don’t let some nonsense between Eifion and me ruin our relationship,” she pleads, “He says things without thinking!”
"You didn't stand up for me"
“This isn’t about Eifion – it’s the fact that you didn’t stand up for me,” he snarls in reply, and when she says that it happened weeks ago, 
"I can't forget what I heard!"
he goes on, “I can’t forget what I heard!”
She describes it as a throw-away reaction, and stresses he is the last person she would hurt, then asks where he slept last night.   
"I slept in DJ's room"
“In DJ’s room – he’s gone away,” he lies, and is going for a shower, as he has band practice.
"Let's go somewhere for the day – so we can talk"
Ffion suggests that they could go somewhere for the day, just the two of them, so they could talk, but Rhys is not in any mood to talk.
"These sandwiches are for the band"
Kath has prepared a plate of sandwiches for the band members, who are doing them a favour by singing at the wedding;  
"I can't wait to see Mam's face"
“I can’t wait to see Mam’s face when she sees the band!” says Ricky.
Then Ricky receives a puzzling phone call
Then the phone rings, and Ricky is surprised to hear that it is the registry office, enquiring whether Debbie and Mark will be attending for their slot at 1:00pm today.   
"They have a slot at the registry office at one"
“Someone cancelled, and they took the slot – they must not want us there!” he tells his grandmother.
“We’ll see about that!” rages Kath, 
"Nobody marries my son without me being there!"
“Nobody marries my son without me being there!   How long have you been waiting for your parents to get married?   It’s a special day for us all!”
"Coffee please, Gwen"
Ffion orders a coffee from Gwen in the cafĂ©, and Hywel comes in;  
"Can I get you one, Hywel?"
she offers to buy him one, but he says they do not have to pretend to be best friends;  “I’m still trying to deal with things – like the embarrassment I’ve had to suffer,” he whines, 
"It would be easier if we got on with each other"
and Ffion points out that it would be easier for everyone if they just got on with each other.   
"Looked as if Rhys was going to have a 'big night'!"
“So how’s Rhys?” he mischievously asks, “I saw him last night – it looks as if he was going to have a big night.”
Ffion says that he went out with his friends, 
and it is only right that he should have his freedom;  Hywel smiles knowingly.
"It's only right he should have his freedom"
The flat is in a state of disarray
Mathew finds the bottles left after last night, and clears them up;  
"You sound just like my mother!"
Sioned, still in her pyjamas, comes in, and when he complains that she should have cleared up, says that he sounds more like her mother every time she sees him.   
"What time did you get home last night?"
She wonders what time he got home last night, and he replies that it was about midnight;  
"Who were you with last night?"
“Who were you with last night?” he enquires, as he heard her get up this morning.   
She makes it quite clear that it is none of his business;  
"He's gone, and he's not coming back"
“Well, he’s gone, and he’s not coming back, so there’s no need to worry,” she promises.   Mathew was under the impression that he and DJ had knocked some sense into her, and demands whether she found her latest on the dating app.   
"Just leave me alone, will you?"
“Just leave me alone, will you?” she groans.
"You could end up with some psycho!"
“If you carry on like this, you could end up with some psycho!” he cautions her, “There’s no telling what might happen then!” but she simply walks out.
Something is in full view in Sioned's bag . . .
Continuing the tidying process, he then finds, in full view in Sioned’s bag, a small packet containing five white tablets, 
. . . and it causes Mathew serious concern
which causes him some serious concern.
Rhys moans about his hangover
Most of the BoyBand have assembled at Maes-y-Deri, but Rhys complains that he has a hangover;  
"A quick practice, and then to the registry office"
Kath informs them that it will be a quick practice, and then straight to the registry office.   
"We need hours more practice"
Tyler insists that they are not ready to perform, but Kath is adamant, “Stick to the plan – right – but just a fortnight early!”
They all agree they still need hours of practice, 
"Will some money behind the bar at the Deri make a difference?"
and she promises that she will put some money behind the bar at the Deri, if that will make any difference.   
"Why don't we sing at the Deri instead?"
Iolo suggests, “If you’re going back there afterwards, why don’t we sing there?   It will give us more time to practise,” and Kath has little choice but to accept this;  
"Come on, Ricky – we have to go!"
she and Ricky leave for the registry office.
"I'm not doing it – I feel terrible!"
Miserable Rhys says he is not going to do it, explaining that he feels terrible, and Tyler wonders who he was with last night;  “That’s none of your business,” Rhys snarls.   
Then he receives a text from Ffion 
Then his phone makes a strange whistling noise, and he sees a message from Ffion;  ‘Please come home.’
He says he has more important things to do than sing and walks out;  
Iolo does not relish the thought of a duet
Tyler come to the conclusion that he and Iolo will have to sing a duet.
Sioned now has a packet of bagels
Mathew wonders what he is going to do, as Sioned brings a packet of bagels from the shop;  “We need to talk!” he begins, but she replies that she is starving.   
"These fell out of your bag earlier!"
“These fell out of your bag earlier,” he informs her, “You’re stupid if you take these.   They could kill you – you’re asking for trouble if you take them!”
"I'm just enjoying myself!"
Her reply is that she is just enjoying herself, but he goes on, “Everything makes sense now – why you’ve been off your head recently!”   
"I know exactly what I'm doing!"
She argues that she knows what she has been doing, but he is convinced that she has changed recently.
“You’re the expert now, are you?” she shouts, “I bet you’ve taken them before!” 
"I don't need them to enjoy myself"
but he stresses that he does not need them to enjoy himself.   
"Do you want a bagel, or what?"
“It’s no big deal, Mathew – do you want a bagel or what?” she asks.
Debbie is all alone . . .
At the registry office, Debbie sits, waiting, and looking at her watch;  
. . . until Mark finds a couple of witnesses
Mark comes rushing in, accompanied by two labourers, in their high viz jackets, and he gives them some money.   
"I'll make a short speech afterwards"
Mark says he is going to make a short speech after the ceremony.
"We are doing the right thing, aren't we?"
“We are doing the right thing, aren’t we – keeping it a secret?” Debbie asks, and he is afraid that she is getting cold feet.  “It’s just a shame we’re doing this with strangers, instead of family,” she adds.
"Are you ready to begin the ceremony?"
The celebrant asks if they are ready to begin the ceremony, then Kath’s voice can be heard;  
"No, they're not quite ready yet!"
“No, they’re not quite ready yet!”   
"We didn't want any fuss"
Ricky says if they want to get married without him and his Gran, they will leave, but Debbie admits they kept it quiet because they did not want any fuss.
“Ffion told me about your plans with the BoyBand,” she says but Kath points out there is a big difference between making a fuss and making it a day to remember.   Debbie is glad that they are both here, 
These two are not required, after all
and Mark tells the two witnesses that they will not be needed after all.
"What's wrong, Sioned?"
Sioned is sitting on her bed, looking upset;  Mathew stands in the doorway and asks her what is wrong;  
"I'm dealing with a lot of things at the moment"
“I’m just dealing with a lot of things at the moment,” she answers, and he wants to know why she is upset.
She maintains that she is not upset;  
"You're upsetting me by going on about things!"
“You’re upsetting me by going on about things!”   
"Where did you get the drugs?"
He makes it clear he is not leaving until she tells him where she got the drugs, 
"Some bloke in a club"
and she confesses that it was from some bloke she met in a club – not the same bloke that was here last night.
"I've ruined things with DJ!"
“It doesn’t matter who it was – I’ve ruined things with DJ – I don’t want to lose you as well,” she sighs, “I’ll get rid of them!”
"Do you want me to get rid of them for you?"
Mathew continues, “And how do I know you’re not just saying that?   Do you want me to get rid of them for you?”   She insists that she will do it, 
He hopes he is doing the right thing
so he hands her the bag containing the five tablets, hoping that he is doing the right thing. 
"Whatever life throws at us"
The official part of the ceremony is over, and Mark reads his speech;  “I promise I’ll be there for you, whatever life throws at us.   
"I promise to love you as a husband and a friend"
“But more than that, Debs, I promise to love you as a husband and a friend.”   
"Isn't that lovely, Ricky?"
She finds this very touching, and Kath is in tears.   
Wedding selfie of the happy occasion
Ricky takes a selfie of them as organ music plays.
Ffion is not pleased to see that Rhys has packed
Ffion is disturbed to see that Rhys has packed his bags, 
"I'll pick up the rest another time"
and says that he will pick up the rest of his stuff another time;  
"It's obvious I rushed into things"
“It’s obvious now that I rushed into things,” he says, but she pleads with him not to go.
"We're much closer now"
“So much has happened since that silly conversation was recorded – we’re much closer now!” she tells him, but he argues that too much has happened.   “We can get through this – please give me another chance, Ffion begs, 
"I don't want to lose you!   I love you!"
“I don’t want to lose you!   I love you!” 
He is convinced she is just saying that, but she says she wanted to tell him on Tuesday night;  “But I couldn’t – 
"Trusting you is a big deal for me!"
“do you know how hard it is for me to say that?   Every time I fall for someone, look what happens!   Trusting someone is a big deal for me – never mind falling in love with them.   Your father – and many others – want things to go wrong for us – but I’m so happy!   
"I'm determined to make this work!"
“And I’m determined to make this work!”
They hug each other . . .
Rhys is won over by this and hugs her, 
. . . but he still feels the guilt
but there is still the haunting look of guilt in his eyes.
Sioned reloads her bag . . .
Still sitting on the bed, Sioned puts everything else back into her bag, then picks up the tablets 
. . . and is about to consign the drugs to the bin . . .
and is about to deposit them in the bin.   
. . . but instead . . .
She hesitates, and instead disposes of the tablets from another container, 
. . . puts them into a container . . .
replacing them with her drugs.   
. . . and screws on the lid
Screwing the lid on to the container, she puts it into her bag and walks out of the room.
Wedding drinks at the bar
At the bar in the Deri, Dan is handing out the drinks to the four family members, plus Hywel, who is also there.   Kath remarks that he is the expert on getting married, 
"We don't know how long it will last, do we?"
and he advises, rather pessimistically, “Just make the most of every second, because we don’t know how long it will last, do we?”
Debbie maintains that is why she has married an ugly bloke;  “No-one will want to steal him!”   
"We're all very pleased they have made it official"
Kath calls for attention;  “We’re all very pleased that Mark and Debbie have made it official – 
"So good luck to them!"
“so good luck to them!”   
And so say Llinos, Mal and John Post
The other customers in the pub join them in the toast, and Debbie admits that her mother-in-law is right – 
It has been a day to remember
there is a difference between making a fuss and making it a day to remember.
“You’re a Jones now – so we are all on the same side, Mrs Jones!” Kath tells her, and 
Ricky announces there is a wedding present
Ricky gives them a wedding present – a weekend in London;  
"A weekend in London?"
“So you can go to the West End, after all!” says Kath, “Ricky paid for it – and we’ve arranged for you to meet Vicky and Nicky there.”
"The taxi is picking you up in half an hour!"
As the taxi is picking them up from Maes-y-Deri in half an hour, to take them to the station, Ricky points out that they had better get moving.
"I've been practising all afternoon!"
Iolo is concerned that they have left already, and the band has not performed;  “I’ve been practising all afternoon!   Tyler will be gutted!”
Rhys arrives at the bar
Rhys arrives at the bar, and his father begins stirring;  
"Did you go home afterwards?"
“Ffion was telling me you went out for a session with your mates last night – did you go home afterwards?”   
"Yes, of course I did"
Rhys replies that of course he did, 
"The problems start when someone stays out all night"
and Hywel goes on, “Glad to hear it – because the problems start when someone starts staying out all night!”   
The guilty look
Rhys’ usual inane grin is replaced by a look of guilt – but at least he appears to have ditched the silly hat.